Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 08:39:59
Page:  1 
MR Love Stories Started by: Luna on Jun 20, '18 06:32

"Oh come on.... don't walk up in here and tell me that you've never fancied anyone in your organization before."

Luna smirks. She tiredly rests her head on her crossed arms placed on the bar bench. Luna looks at you funnily and raises an eyebrow.

The bartender suddenly interrupts the conversation and asks if she would like another shot of vodka.

Luna shook her head and smiles, then dismisses him with a wave. She turns her attention back to you and tilts her head. 

"So? Are you gonna spill the beans?"

Luna never thought much about relationships, especially when she was more focused on what was discussed in last weeks business meeting. But often she would come up to strangers and approach them about their love life. She liked to listen to romantic stories, even if the the other person was lying. Cant a girl have a fantasy? 

"Tell me, did you ever approach them at all or was it an 'unrequited love'?" 

Yes it is a sensitive subject, and Luna was trying to be mindful that maybe the other person was still going through a heartbreak.

But she only approached strangers like this on rare occasions when she was drunk and lonely.

After this, Luna would disappear into the night. Never to be seen with you again. Anyways, Luna would often forget about everything the next day.

Sometimes the other person would do name and shame, other people she would approach were too embarrassed to admit who it was.. but Luna didn't care. She liked to listen to peoples past.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Luna gets distracted as she notices a funny looking man coming inside the bar.

She giggles to herself. Luna gets up out of her stool and walks towards the man and she reaches her hand out for a handshake. 

"Howdy Burnett. Long time no see. Also what are you wearing." She chuckles. 

Report Post Tip

Lordian slams the shot down on the bar and sits on the stool next to Luna.

"It's always unrequited, isn't that the way it goes? You fall in love, you realize they don't love you because you're not powerful enough for thier taste."

He watches as the bartender fills the shot glass again, and he downs it once more.

"And in the end, you're better for it because it gives you a drive to be more powerful. Without unrequited love, people would just settle into thier shitty little existence and never strive to be better."

He waves his hand dismissively.

"Terribly sorry, but that's my take on it Miss. My name's Lordian, I don't believe I've had the pleasure yet."

Report Post Tip

Luna lifts her chin and she stares at the man sitting beside her as he drinks another shot of vodka.

She plastered a smile on her face when he introduces himself to her. 

"Hm... Yes its nice to meet you. Are you a regular here? Otherwise I've never seen you before." 

Luna pinched the bridge of her nose.

She let out a deep sigh as she started to think about her soft, comfortable bed sheets at home. She asks the bartender the time.

The bartender let out an "uhh.." then he pursed his lips as he looked at the time on his watch.

He looks up and added "Midnight now, miss."

She groans and rests her head again on the bar bench. Lordian's words dug into her mind once more. Maybe he is right, she thought. Well, it's not like she can relate - she has been alone all her life. 

Then she looks up to him again with tired eyes and a drunken expression.

"Ya but... if they can't love you at your worst, how do you expect them to love you at your best?"

Report Post Tip

Lordian shook his head at the question first posed to him, and then raised his eyebrow and checked his pocket watch at the answer of "midnight" from the barkeep. His watch was slow again, by two minutes. He would need to keep an eye on that. Then she asked him a more philosophical question, and her eyes told everything. Pupils were dilated, and she was tired clearly.

"Not loving you, and not noticing you are two different things. You just said yourself, you've never seen me here before. Is that because you've never noticed me before, or because you didn't care to? And if you didn't care to, is that more my fault or yours?"

He let that stew a minute before he stood from the bar stool.

"I don't mean to keep you so late, would you mind if I walked you home? I generally don't like to be alone if I can help it, though life tends to put me in my place."

He chuckled. He was being more polite than anything else. He certainly didn't like being alone, that much was true, but she had just met him and she was a bit drunk. So he started to put on his coat and hat while he waited for Luna to reject him.

Report Post Tip

Luna watched him get out of his stool. He was waiting for his response, but Luna couldn't think of an answer because she didn't even know where she was staying for the night. 

Where was I before this, she thought. Her mind was going crazy. She desperately needed sleep. Hopefully she'd be fit enough to wake up early tomorrow. There was a very important business meeting she had to attend to with some of her family members. 

It then came to her mind that she was staying at a hotel. But she didn't feel like going back there. 

With slumped shoulders, she headed out of the bar. Luna turned to him and forced a smile.

"Look, I've enjoyed your company so far. I really have. But I think I'm just going to wander around the streets for a while. Sober up from the fresh air." She muttered.

Report Post Tip

Lordian nodded and donned his hat and coat.

"Well miss, it certainly was nice talking to you. If you ever find yourself in Chicago and need a wandering partner, ask for Lordian."

He smiled at her, though that smile never reached his eyes. Once again, an unhappy and lonely end to an evening. There were days he was resigned to his fate. Today would have to be one of those days.

As he walked out onto the street he pulled his hat further down over his face. On top of everything else, it was raining.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: MR Love Stories
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL