Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 01:58:28
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Spam in the Forums. Started by: Squishy on Jun 20, '18 12:38

We are going to start removing threads and replies which are 'One or just a few word, low effort answers' style questions.

For example:

Coke Or Pepsi?

Favorite Weed?

Pick A Letter?

On A Scale Of 1-10, How Hot Is Daenerys Targaryen?

Thank you in advance for your help in keeping the forums a little cleaner.

Report Post Tip
To answer your question, Daenerys Targaryen is about as close to a 10 as humanly possible.
Report Post Tip

I was so itching to reply with just an "ok". :)

Good change, but may I ask that we change the hustle one? If I'm being forced to "write a few words" in OOC, then I'd rather it'd be in the streets. Maybe give us an option to have such a hustle perhaps? The OOC post is giving me the worst headache every time and I try really hard not to be a douche and reply with "coke is the best". Just my 2,3 cents.

Report Post Tip

Jack I agree with you, I would love for it to be the streets, but...  I don't want out streets to be infected with bullshit.  I would rather users pollute the outside forum, and slowly, ever so slowly, we train them to not be spammy lazy shitposters.  Keep in mind right now they are getting no reward, just fulfilling a requirement and look how bad the outside forum got.  Imagine if we now incentivized it?  I just don't think the outcome would be good.  I would end up shooting waaaay too many crew leaders for their members spam :/

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Will this include jail? because these days you almost never get thrown in thanks to corrupt agents and when you do it's incredibly rare you you serve a full sentence.

Report Post Tip

squishy, I love the heck out of this. I hope it will improve the all around quality of the posting in all the forums by osmosis.

Would you consider putting a stated word minimum on the hustle requirement? at least temporarily. It might help start building up the posts with good work if people knew that the minimum was solid, and what they'd need to do to make an acceptable hustle post

Report Post Tip

As some may know I'm against word limits, it doesn't mean that people will put thought into their post.  E.g.

Q. What is your favourite lager?

A. Fosters

With a word limit of, say, 10.

Q. What is your favourite lager?

A. Oh well my favourite would have to be Fosters.  Yum.

Both answer the question, but both are equally as pointless.  

Report Post Tip

Coke Or Pepsi?

Coke

Favorite Weed?

Weeds are bad for a good lawn so all of them suck

Pick A Letter?

Y?

On A Scale Of 1-10, How Hot Is Daenerys Targaryen?

Solid 9 but I could be talked into 10.  Reference Season 6 Ep. 4 for additional details.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Spam in the Forums.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL