Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:41:46
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
E~ Cake House Started by: Heartless on Jun 20, '18 15:11

William's grin slowly drooped to a blank neutral expression as he felt the thick gooey chocolate slap him in the forehead square between his eyes. It quickly sagged around either side of his nose and he reached up to wipe it away barely even hearing Yvette's response. He looked at the cake on his hands and then at Yvette. When he heard her say, "You do realise that was an accident!" he could feel his eye start to twitch.

"Of course it was. You'll excuse me for just a second, won't you?" He smiled quickly and walked over to the cake counter where he pointed at the chocolate cake. "I'd like to get the rest of that cake if you don't mind. It can stay on the platter." He counted out bills for each slice left on the dish, picked it up and walked back to where Yvette was squirming in her seat. "I would hate to see a lady lose out on any chocolate, so let me replace that for ya."

It had all been good fun. He'd started it to get a rise, so he didn't have a problem with insulting his criminal mind, his ability, or even his dignity. Hell, he would've even cut a little extra slack on account of her being more of a looker than he'd worked with in...well, as long as he could remember. But he wasn't about to let her play off a sneak attack like that as an accident.

Turnabout is fair play after all. He leaned over as if he were grabbing silverware to serve a piece of the cake and pretended to stumble, sticking the hand holding the cake platter out forward as if to catch himself.

The platter was of course aimed directly at Yvette's head.

"Dammit, I'm so sorry. I guess I'm a bit of a butterfingers myself! I'm sure you understand how that is." William was no actor, and about as tough to see through as cellophane but he was going to lay it on as thick as he needed.

Report Post Tip
Yvette watched, with small beginnings of unease, as William politely excused himself and calmly got up from the table and walked over to the counter. "I'd like to get the rest of that cake if you don't mind. It can stay on the platter." With a panther like stroll William came back towards the their table, balancing the platter holding the cake in one hand. Then it happened. "Dammit, I'm so sorry. I guess I'm a bit of a butterfingers myself!'" The obviously fake apology swam in her ears, while momentarily unable to move.

Disbelief, was the only emotion felt as the cake split and slid down each side of her head; some landing in her lap, other pieces splatted on the floor, with sticky bits of it sliding down her forehead, narrowly missing her eyes. Moments passed before Yvette could finally get her mind to except that that monster, now sat smugly across from her, had in fact just dumped a large chocolate cake on her head ! Struggling to hold on to some dignity, held William's gaze while calmly plucking the napkin from her knee and shook it, letting bits of cake land where they wanted and then dabbed each side of her mouth. Placing the napkin neatly on the table, carefully flicked a piece of cake off her shoulder. Yvette then stood up, hoping it was in a queen like fashion, picked up three of the six boxes on the table. "I am going to leave those three for you to take back. Hopefully you won't mess that up." Then carefully turned on her heel and began to saunter out of the cake shop.

Almost at the door, avoiding any eye contact with other customers, suddenly felt the hard slap of what might have been cheesecake land squarely between her shoulders and slide slowly down her back and hit the floor.
Report Post Tip

This hadn't been what he expected at all. He figured she would shout or fight back or something, but to just walk out? Maybe he'd overdone it a tad. Just a little bit. Then again...

He had to commit to it fully. It would cost a fortune in cake and he'd have to deal with the folks who ran the shop, but that was later. Now, he needed to salvage this so he didn't make Yvette regret this whole thing. He looked to the remaining boxes and knew what he had to do. He opened up the first box and with a quick heft to check the weight of the morsel, he sent it flying at her back as she went out the door.

It was a strawberry cheesecake to be precise. And it landed smack on target. "Come on now, you gonna let me get away with that? You can have a free shot!" Williams opened his arms and stood tall across the store from her. "And tell you what, if you can make me give up I'll even let you be in charge next time and I'll do anything you tell me to!"

Surely she wouldn't pass up on an offer like that? Of course there was no way he was going to let her get the best of him in any kind of fight, even a cake fight, but it'd be fun either way. Right?

At least that's what he thought until he saw the look on her face as she turned around...

Report Post Tip
William's taunt rang out across the room. "Come on now, you gonna let me get away the that? You can have a free shot!" she did not listen to the rest of it, the red mist finally descended. Placing the boxes of cakes in the hands of a near by stranger, opened the top box and removed the cake then spoke to the stranger holding them. "Could you hold on to them a moment. thank you." Ensuring she had the perfect swing ready, turned and faced William and began walking slowly towards him. "A free shot. FINE!" The cake flew through the air, landing slap bang into William's face. "HA, take that!" Quickly Yvette dashed back towards the stranger holding the boxes, grabbed their wrist. "Duck down here. Quickly!" Once ducked behind a table Yvette quickly opened another box and just grabbed two handfuls of cake, ready to volley across the room at William.

Briefly peeking over the top of the table spotted her target and got ready to launch more cake, and tried to cover up the smile plastered over her face. This was a bad thing to be doing and in a public place, but she was enjoying it. "Hey cowboy, are you ready to give up ?" She threw the cake in her hands across the room and no clue where it landed. Not even caring flung open the boxes of cake and grabbed handfuls ready to throw.
Report Post Tip

This time William pulled entire handfuls of cake off himself as he retreated to their table and his ammunition. Enough of it had hit his mouth to tell it was caramel cake so the flavor was a perk but he felt a little guilty at its waste. Not guilty enough to give up though.

He apologized to a couple as he stumbled into the edge of their table, leaving big hand prints of icing across its surface trying to catch his balance. He could barely see and trying to wipe the rest of the icing off just smeared it around worse. By some miracle he managed to get back to his cake boxes so he opened up the next one and took heaping chunks to return fire but had to duck under Yvette's suppressing fire. Most of it missed and some even splattered over to the bar where the server looked like they were struggling to figure out if this was horrifying or hilarious.

"If you want me to give up, you're gonna have to come over here and make me! I ain't surrendering til the last crumb!" A throw of two handfuls of cake punctuated William's challenge, though he wasn't even aiming at this point. He wasn't sure he could SEE well enough to aim. "You ready to admit today has been at least a little bit fun?"

Report Post Tip

Obito had just only flew into Detroit and was wondering what was kicking around in the business district since he was a man of adventure, without adventure there would be no fun in life; well, there's fun but that's only once you do something crazy, that stash of dynamite that he had back home was gonna take care of itself, not in a dangerous way however, because all the blame would land him if they magically blew up since it was kept in his office at headquarters. 

He was in the mood for something sweet and stopped by the cake house that was owned Heartless. He hadn't met the man in person but he was a known family leader around Detroit but that's all he knew about him. Upon walking in, he gave a look at the menu on that sweet, sweet Red Velvet cake. The person standing at the counter was just giving him a look waiting for his order.

Obito walked up.

"Yeah... I'll have the Red Velvet cake and put an Espresso along with that. Just flew in but I'm kicking for something sweet." 

The man nodded and Obito slid some dollars onto the counter. 

Report Post Tip

It was getting towards midnight when Lushie decided enough was enough, a break was needed and it had felt like she had not sat down for many hours. Even though she wasn't really one to drink coffee late at night, this night she seemed to be in need of it. She still had a few more things to do before she can think of turning in for the night to face her dreams.

She made her way to a place she knew in Corktown, E~ Cake House, where not only will she get one of the best coffees going in Detroit but also a delicious slice of cake of some kind. As she arrived she made her way in and up to the counter, where she noticed that Sally was serving as she greeted her "How may I help you Miss" Sally asked Lushie. "Greetings, I would like a large Flat white and a slice of Carrot cake please Sally" she replied as Sally went ahead to fire up the coffee machine to get her order sorted. 

As she waited for the barista to complete the order, Lushie got out the money she owed of $400's plus tips and handed it over once the order was there waiting for her to take. She thanked Sally as she lifted up her coffee and plate with the cake and went over to a table to sit at. "Bliss" she muttered as she finally was able to take some time to herself. 

Report Post Tip

Joli had landed on Detroit hunting down one of Tyler's hands, after the job was complete she was feeling rather hungry. She had quickly remembered that her friend Heartless had a Cake House in Detroit similar to the one in her home city Chicago. Putting her gun away and cleaning herself up a bit from her latest job she entered the establishment, and was greeted by a person named Sally, "How can I help you Sir, I mean mam. Excuse me I've been saying Sir all day I'm running on auto pilot with my words." Joli laughed it off and smiled at the woman.

"Not a problem, I'd like a Caffe Americano and a strawberry cheesecake please." she said handing cash over. The woman accepted the cash and returned with her order a few short moments later. Joli told her to keep the change and took her order to a table out of site and sat down an enjoyed her coffee and cheesecake while she waited on her flight back home to Chicago.

Report Post Tip

Marta was in Detroit for a bit of relaxation. She had recently been out on the east coast taking care of some errands for the boss. Once business was done which was earlier then expected, instead of heading back to Chicago Marta decided to take a small detour in Detroit. It was a city she hadn't done much if any exploring in and truly just wanted to get to see the sights here before heading back to the hustle and bustle of the Chicago streets. 

It didn't take her long to get from the airport to the hotel and then checked in. It left her plenty of time to mossy around the city some before it started to get dark. 

She walked and walked until she came upon the business district. It was busy, quite the popular section within the city that was for sure. It was filled with people of all kinds, from mobsters to civilians and everything in between. That's when she caught the smell in the air, it was quite a familiar one to her and one of her favorite smells ever. It was the smell of fresh brewed coffee, instantly her cravings kicked in as her nose led her to the door of the E~ Cake House. The aroma was amazing and at this point a coffee of some sort needed to happen. 

Making her way through the door she patiently waited in line until it was her turn. 

"Prenderò un caffè freddo, per favore."

The lady behind the counter gave Marta a funny look. 

"Huh? In English please."

Marta smiled and spoke again. 

"Sorry, old habits. I'll take an Iced Coffee please. Black with a couple cubes of sugar."

Marta took out her money, paid and was handed her her coffee. It only took one sip for the sense of pleasure to run through her body. She had much more walking to do but for she decided to just sit at one of the tables, one that overlooked the street to enjoy the views and the brew. 

Report Post Tip

It was a rare thing for Lordian to leave Chicago, but the allure of Detriot pulled him. He wasn't a mechanic by any stretch, but he certainly liked himself a good looking vehicle and Detroit was the up and coming car capital of the world. All the major factories were moving here, Ford, Buick, Chevrolet. You name it, you could find it here.

He'd had enough of cars for the morning though, so he decided to take a stroll and see what else the city had to offer. It did not disappoint. Just as his stomach was reminding him that he hadn't eaten anything yet today, his eyes caught sight of a cake shop E~ Cake House specifically. I looked beautiful, not exactly the quaint kind of place that was normally associated with baked goods. This place flaunted its extravagance and elegance.

He waited patiently in line, taking in the scene around him and then caught a glimpse of MartaCirillo. She was alone today, and she was one of those people that never should be alone, she always deserved to have someone fawning over her, so he would do his duty.

"One slice of chocolate cake, a glass of milk, and also another cup of whatever that woman is having." He gestured to Marta and in just a brief moment was able to take his cake and the two drinks over to the table she was sitting at. He put the cold coffee down next to her and then rested his cake on the edge of the table a second.

"Do you mind if I sit here miss? You look pensive and I don't want to interrupt your thoughts, but I'm positive I've seen you around Chicago before. In fact, I think we have a few mutual acquaintances, though I doubt you know of someone like me. My name is Lordian."

He put the glass of milk fully on the table and reached out to shake the woman's hand.

Report Post Tip

Marta had just taken the last sip of her iced coffee, she was trying to get the last little bit at the bottom but only managed to make the slurping sound. You know the sound a kid usually makes, yeah she was being that person right now and she didn't even care. There was precious coffee at the bottom of that cup that needed to be extracted. It was being stubborn though and the harder she tried the louder and more annoying she got. 

That was when someone came over with a brand new cup just for her. She heard the voice of someone definitely not of Detroit, it reminded her more of a Chicago accent. That's when she looked up to see who it was and to her surprise it was someone she had seen around, someone from her own city. Though they never had truly met, was just one of those seeing through mutual acquaintances type thing. She listened as he asked her if he could pull up a seat. With a nod and a smile she spoke up.

"If that coffee is for me by all means take a seat."

He slide her the coffee, she took it in her hand and took a sip before speaking up some more. 

"Yeah I think you are correct there, I know I've definitely seen you around Chicago. Which is kind of funny to say since Chicago is such a big city. Lordian you say, that name does ring a bell I just can't place it where though. Anyways I'm Marta, Marta Cirillo. It's a pleasure to meet you."

She extended her hand to meet his. 

"Kind of funny meeting in Detroit like this of all places, what brings you out here?"

Report Post Tip

Lordian nodded and went to take a bit of his cake, but put it back down to answer the question.

"I am a car enthusiast one might say, though I really only like the look, feel, and sound to be honest. As for the cake shop. I got hungry, and also, I can't resist a good chocolate cake."

He did take a bit then, and let the succulence overwhelm his senses. The day was bright, the cake was moist but not damp, and he struck gold with the company he found there.

"How about yourself?" he asked politely before taking a sip of nice cold milk to wash down the cake with.

"From what I understand you are one of those people I should never expect to see alone, especially outside of Chicago, so I'm really curious as to what kind of trouble I've inadvertently stumbled into."

He gave a small smile as he waited for her to indulge his question, but his eyes looked past her to the rest of the room, seeing if he could spot anyone looking at the two of them. Or more likely, watching him to make sure he wasn't being foolish.

Report Post Tip

"Cars you say? Cars are nice but I really don't know enough about them, they get me from point A to point B. That's about the extent that I know, well other then how to drive them that is."

She took another sip of her coffee, by now the caffeine was coursing through her body as she began shaking her leg. It wasn't something she was doing on purpose just a result of the caffeine taking it's affect. 

Marta was about to answer his next question when she noticed him looking past her, she turned her head to have a look at what or whom he was eyeing up but she didn't notice anyone out of the ordinary. 

"What are you looking at?" She asked, he immediately directed his attentions back to her. 

"I'm sorry you were saying."

Marta looked over her shoulder once more before continuing. 

"I often like to travel alone, see back in the old country I couldn't go anywhere alone. My father wouldn't allow it, so now I try to sneak off when I can. I'm just here in Detroit stopped on my way back to Chicago from New York. I got done a couple days early in New York so figured I'd take a bit of a detour. I didn't tell the boss though, he still thinks I'm in New York."

She said with an innocent smile. 

"Though, since you are here now. You're more then welcomed to keep me company."

Report Post Tip

Lordian beamed. Not only was he happy she was allowing him to accompany her, which if all went well would keep him in the good graces of those in Chicago who could wipe him away as easily are Marta seemed to be devouring her coffee, but she was pretty to boot! it wasn't often that a pretty girl told Lordian he could stick around, there was no way he was going anywhere now.

"Well thanks for that!" He exclaimed and offered her a bit of cake.

"I'm always looking over my shoulder, especially when I'm around people I recognize as being important. It's very rare to see anyone of your social stature alone. I bet it's refreshing not to have to be on alert at all times huh? I don't know what I would do if I needed to have someone watching my back all of the time. I suppose I would get pretty stir crazy and sneak off on my own."

He laughed a bit and had some more cake.

"So, New York huh? I haven't been there in ages. I had family who lived in Philly once, they were gamblers, ran a bunch of boxing and horse racing type things. I thought about getting into those again, but they don't see as popular nowadays as they once were."

He found himself starting to daydream a bit about the things he would have liked to bring back from those family traditions, but shook his head.

"What about you? Your family have a long history in this life?"

Report Post Tip

The cake did look good but Marta wasn't a huge fan of chocolate, yeah she liked it but preferred vanilla any day of the week. Graciously she declined the cake and took another sip of coffee before placing it back down. 

"Eh, I wouldn't consider myself high up in this social. I'm still just getting out there and meeting people in this country. Though yes, I used to sneak off all the time back at home. It wasn't the easiest to do though, our house always had guards of some sort. I'd often get caught and have to deal with the wrath of my father. I hated it but now that I'm a bit older I understand why he did."

She watched as he took another bite of the cake, she could see he was really enjoying it. 

"Yeah, New York. Was just a couple of days, didn't get to see much was strictly work. Got to the airport with a ticket to Chicago that's when I decided to come here first."

She took a quick pause with a sip of coffee before continuing. 

"So gambling you say? I've never been a gambler, I mean I've tossed some money on tables here and there but I was usually drinking and not paying much attention. Come to think about it, I don't think I've ever won." She said with a chuckle. 

She could see Lordian looking over past her once more, making her look back once again. 

"My father was a big time guy back home in Italy, I'm the first of my name here though."

She knew he was listening to her but was still looking past her. 

"You sure you're ok?"

Report Post Tip

Lordian nodded.

"I just try to keep my eyes peeled at all times. I apologize."

He pushed the remained of the caked toward the middle of the table and made sure to focus on Marta. It was easier than he though, too easy. She was just as easy on the eyes as anyone he'd ever met, and easier than most to be sure.

"Yeah gambling, my family was known for running the Horse Races back in the day, this was years ago mind you, I doubt anyone still remembers with how fast the world spins. Now these were cousins mind you, not my direct family. My mother, she's always just been the homebody, and my father, he is a horologist."

He paused then to reach into his pocket and take out his prized possession. A silver engraved pocket watch.

"He fixes clocks. Watches, standing clocks, wall clocks, you name it he can fix it. I was good at it too, but when a few friends from Chicago looked me up because they heard I was good with my hands, well, I became a natural at safe-cracking as I'm sure you could imagine."

He pressed a button on the side of the pocket watch and it flicked open with a satisfying yet muffled 'click'. The clock was working perfectly, and if you were quiet you could hear all of the mechanisms inside running flawlessly.

"This is the last one I touched before I left home. Made it out of spare parts the old man had lying around. It's a little piece of him I can take with me wherever I go."

He slid it over to Marta so she could get a closer look at the engraved flower pattern on the outside casing, and the inner workings of the clock itself if she wanted.

Report Post Tip

She picked up the pocket watch and examined the engraved flower pattern on it. It was one of the most beautiful pieces that she had ever seen. 

"This is amazing, you really are talented."

Taking the watch she placed it up to her ear and closed her eyes. She was able to hear all the moving parts but really didn't know what she truly was listening to. It just sounded like a series of clicks and ticks to her. Though she knew each of them had some kind of meaning, just a meaning that she wasn't quite sure about. Closing the pocket watch back up she handed it back to him. 

"I'm sure your old man was or is proud of you."

Marta reached inside the brim of her shirt, exposing a golden chain around her neck. There was a golden cross on it which was encased in diamonds and other gems. It was something that she had for the longest time, used to be her mothers. 

"This right her is my prize possession. It may not look like much but it used to be my mothers, she passed when I was just a young girl. My father kept is and got it in engraved for me."

She flipped it around so he could see the engraving on it. "La mia principessa"

"That's My Princess in Italian. He always used to call me his princess, still does actually when we talk."

Report Post Tip

Lordian couldn't help but to smile as he looked at the cross.

"That's cute. I'll bet you feel like you've grown out of that too. Then again, you'd miss it if he ever stopped saying it."

He looked out the window a moment and sighed.

"You even have moments in this life where you wish you has taken the time to settle down and start a family, only to realize that they would probably end up hurt because of you?"

He had always wanted a family of his own, but there was always a nagging feeling that the time wasn't right, that he was meant for something more first, and he would have to give it everything he had if he wanted to get it. There would be time for family later.

By now he had completely abandoned what was left of the cake as he finished his milk, quietly seeing if Marta ever thought about the things he thought about, or if he was the only odd duck.

Report Post Tip

With a smile she tucked the necklace back into her shirt, the thoughts of home running through her head. Surely she missed the old country, her family and her friends but it was nice to get out of her fathers shadow. She wanted to make a name for herself, prove to everyone that she isn’t just the daughter of a mob boss. 

“You know, I don’t think it matters how old I am. I’ll always be his princess.”

She continued to listen as he spoke, taking another sip from her iced coffee. The contents of which had started to dwindle and dwindle quickly. 

“A family? Sure one day but right now there too much to prove and too much life to live. Plus not sure I’d really want to bring a child into this type of life. Not that it’s a bad life but it’s not what I’d call the most stable. You know what I mean?” 

Marta took the last couple sips from her coffee and pushed the cup up near, the plate with the remnants of the chocolate cake from Lordian.

Report Post Tip

It had been a week or two since Yvette had visited this place and as she sat drinking her coffee smiled at the memory. William had started a cake fight, well thats how she had decided to remember it. He still insisted she started it but they both agreed it had been a lot of fun, even if they both ended up with a huge bill afterwards as well as having to clean the place up.

Their now retired boss, Ely, had hauled them both into his office and had them give him and meko details of what had gone down. Both Yvette and William had the decency to be embarrassed while retelling their tale while Ely looked at them sternly and had to be reassured that all damages were paid for, as well as apologies made to the owner. They were both dismissed, however once the office door was closed roars of laughter could be heard. Again Yvette smiled at the memories.

Finishing off her coffee Yvette got up and walked over to the counter, left a tip and collected the waiting boxes of cakes which had been ordered for her new family. "At least these will actually make it back" chuckling to herself left the building then managed to snag a cab to the airport.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: E~ Cake House
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL