Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 14:32:24
Page:  1 
One City, One Pack Started by: Hope_ on Jun 20, '18 21:29

Time flies by when you’re having fun…  This was yet another wise statement that her mother often said. It was something she whole heartedly agreed with.  The last few weeks had been but a blur to the young Godmother, so by her own logic, she must be having fun, right?  She chuckled softly at this as she closed the door to her HQ.  Her city was growing admirably.  Her Beloved friends whom she had named Leaders of their fair land were leading so well.  She was excited by the growth and life that was returning to Los Angeles, even in the wake of the war.  She had known that this wouldn’t keep them down.  Her city was thriving and rebuilding along with the rest of their world.  It truly was a beautiful thing.  But once again their city was feeling the strain of having more people than they had room for.  Criseria’s family was full but still people wanted to join them in Pasadena…  Downtown was doing fairly well, but even so it was growing more and more full by the day.  They had to open another family to be available for others to join and take refuge here in LA, and ultimately help them to grow it.

So it was that Hope was following a theory.  She had been thinking long and hard about the next person she would like to rise to join their ranks and lead in their fair city, and one man stood out in her mind.  He was strong, sure, ambitious…  Charismatic.  She smiled lightly to herself as she thought of this last one, thinking of the dance they shared to the wondrous sounds of her Alexander’s voice.  Now that had been a good time…  But the subject of that memory is the one that came to mind.  He had served as Right Hand to Don while he helped her to house people within her city until they could find their homes.  But when it came time for Don to move on, Elyan had requested to stay on here in LA.  Without hesitation, the invitation to join up with Criseria’s crew had been offered and it was that Elyan and even his friends were welcomed as full members of LA without question.

Now Hope sought out this man.  She had heard where Elyan typically spent time and so it was that she found herself wandering a path that was very much not well known to the Godmother and despite the warnings from her faithful Bodyguard, she walked it alone.  Before long, she came upon a place that just felt…  Right and took a few steps toward it.  Yet before she could take five steps, a snarl was heard reverberating around the area and before she could take her next breath, she came face to face with a canine face.  And somehow it didn’t seem to look all too thrilled that she was here.  To Hope’s credit, she didn’t shy away.  She didn’t run.  She didn’t cry.  She didn’t even blink.  Her heart hammered in her chest.  She could see the teeth, the rippling muscles under the handsome pelt…  She knew very well the power and strength that a creature of this magnitude could have and she admired every bit of it.

But a voice, perhaps a voice of an angel himself, came from the house beyond.  “Calm yourself Audolf.  Is that any way to greet the Godmother of Los Angeles?”  The wolf before her flicked his ears back toward Elyan’s voice, only looking back to the woman before him and extending his neck to lightly sniff her hand, bumping it carefully with his nose, almost in apology. 

A warm smile drifted to her lips as she reciprocated the gesture, stroking back along his strong forehead gently.  “I assure you, no offense was taken.”  Hope seemed to be taking this in stride, but as she turned her gaze back to Elyan, it would be hard to miss the barely obscured bewilderment in her eyes as she made her way forward to him.  “Elyan my friend, I hoped I might have a word with you regarding the future of our fair city.”  Straight to business that one, but hey, it was often Hope’s way, especially when once again she had enjoyed quite the possible brush with death.  Then again, just another day in the life of the Godmother.

Report Post Tip

Elyan wiped his hands on a towel, drying them from whatever he had been doing. Taking the few steps down to the ground from the cabin that served as his home, he met Hope_ on the ground. With a bow of his head, he greeted her and smiled, lowering one hand so that Audolf would come and stand beside him.

"Good boy, lad. Sit," he commanded, looking at him before returning his gaze back to Hope.

"Anytime, Hope... Come in, come in! We can sit in my office. I'll have Demitri and Shomecossee join us as well."

He leaned down and whispered something quietly into the wolf's ear and he stood, trotting off... But, had he nodded before hand? It was almost like the creature had nodded yes... Strange.

"Well, come on." He smiled and waved his hand as he headed back up the small stair set and into the cabin. Once inside, he guided her to a back room and slid the door open. "Feel free to take a seat, I'll join you in just a moment..."

The room was filled with many items, things dating back to medieval times and working their way up to modern times... There were Native American artifacts, swords, a suit of armor, small, ornate tools, a set of carved, wooden runes, and many other items that sat in cases or hung on walls. It was almost like a small museum in his office.

She'd had time to look around if she'd wanted, but soon enough Ely's voice could be heard.

"Go and find Meko, Demitri... Then join us." He slid the door open and made his way in, taking his seat at the head of his desk.

"We can fill the other two in once they arrive, if they make it back before we finish the discussion." He smiled and pulled out a cigarette case, offering one to her before lighting one himself.

"So, what was it you had in mind? Anything I can do to help L.A., I and mine will do." He leaned back in his chair, turning it slightly and kicking his feet up on the desk as he exhaled, making sure to blow the smoke upward and not in his Godmother's face. As if in an afterthought, he turned and opened the window behind him so the smoke would flow from the house.

Report Post Tip

Hope watched with quite a bit of interest as Elyan interacted with the handsome canine.  It wasn't the first time that Hope had thought that something was up that day.  But she didn't feel that it was a danger, either to her or those close to her, so it didn't bother her much.  She smiled warmly to the canine, before moving her eyes back up to meet Elyan's as he came to stand on a level with her.  She straightened just a tad, once again internally cursing her lack of impressive height.  It was hard to be confidant and sure when you only came up to most people's sternum.  And yet somehow she managed.  She watched as Audolf moved quickly and surely to Elyan's side.  Family guard dog?  She honestly wasn't ruling that out.  People had stranger pets after all.  Heck, she herself was rearing a tiger cub for goodness sake.  In any case, she'd shake off the uneasy feeling that something wasn't quite as it seemed here.  In all honesty, she found in herself that she trusted Elyan, and he seemed to have sway over these people.  They were his family as far as Hope was concerned.  And as Elyan had chosen to remain here in LA with her, they were by extension, her family.  No she had little to no direct sway over them, but that was fine by her.   She was Godmother of this land and that fact didn't seem to be contested by them.  So she had no qualm with any of them and they could keep their secrets, if they had any, should they choose.

Hope nodded with a smile as she was invited within his house after letting him know that she had need to have words with him about their city.  A small but curt nod was given, and without hesitation, she would move after Elyan and the wolf toward the house.  The wolf didn't seem eager to challenge her presence now that it was clear that Elyan presided over it.  Honestly she wished it would come back as she'd happily scratch behind it's ears until it's heart was content.  She loved animals to her very core.  

Hope's eyes didn't miss much...  Just before they headed within the confines of the house she noticed Elyan lean down and whisper something to the wolf, who looked up at him with more intelligence in it's eyes than Hope was used to.  It was slightly uncanny and the way the wolf's head moved...  Was that a nod?  Hope blinked a couple times trying to shroud her own unease and bewilderment.  She had to keep it together.  But still she followed close behind Elyan once the wolf loped off and Elyan again invited her to come in.

The sight that met Hope as she moved into the office was incredible.  All number of interesting wonders met her eyes.  She typically didn't hold much interest in artifacts.  They didn't move or breathe...  They didn't require her care, and no matter how Hope tried to come off as cold, she needed someone to care for.  And now she had a city.

Elyan went off, perhaps to find Shomecossee and Demitri.  Hope approved of this plan.  She would have liked to speak to them as well as it was highly likely that the two would be joining Elyan when and if he chose to take her up on her offer.  She knew enough to know that they were incredibly close to Elyan, much like her Renegade, Criseria, TM...  Close compatriots in their own pursuits.  Little did Hope know just how close.  But she shot a smile to Elyan as he made his way back within his office.  Yet he would find that the fiery haired woman had yet to get off her feet.  "Quite the collection of wonders you have in here..."  She said with a soft appreciation. "And all so well cared for.  I would hope that a man that takes such care of items such as these would have that much care in every area of his life."  A meaningful glance was shot his way out the corner of her eye as she gently held up her hand to respectfully decline his offer of a cigarette.

Hope would follow suit almost simultaneously as Elyan seated himself.  She too would make herself comfortable, reclining a bit in the chair that had been offered her.  She smiled, with a near electric spark in those eyes speaking of her excitement even if her voice did not.  She was thrilled to hear the words that came from him.  "Elyan…  You don't know how glad I am to hear you say this.  Our city...  It's booming.  It's blossoming, it's beginning to thrive.  But we are beginning to see the effects of a higher ratio of people to leaders than I would like.  It's time that I find another to join the ranks and take the lead alongside us.  And the one I have in mind is sitting directly across from me.  Elyan…  I know we haven't worked together incredibly long, nor do we know each other very well when it comes down to it.  But I would like to ask you to stand with us and become a Leader of Los Angeles.  I need someone to join Criseria in Pasadena.  It is there that the need is the most great at the moment and I choose  you if you are willing."  Her eyes bore into him with an intensity that she occasionally had to apologize for.  But she wouldn't break away until she had his answer either way.  

Report Post Tip

Elyan was silent for a bit, deeply lost in his thoughts. The cigarette set in his hand, smoke rising quicker as it began to smolder from a lack of oxygen. He took note, Hope did not blink as he sat there and rolled over her words. Then, as if a decision had been made, Elyan's feet slid from the desk and he came rocking forward and turning to face the desk head on. The cigarette found itself snuffed out completely in the ashtray on his desk and he placed his arms in front of him.

"You're correct... We have not worked together for long. All you know about me is Don Parmigiano, bless him wherever he may be, trusted me to help him contain the influx of immigrant and homeless alike while you and yours could get this city straightened out." He smiled. "And even Mr. Parmigiano didn't know -everything- there is to know about me... But, I feel that you should at least know a few things."

He took a deep breath, searching her eyes and wondering -just- how much he should tell her... How much he could trust her with his family's little past. He placed both hands down on his desk and pushed himself up, his frame shadowing hers since she remained seated. Again he was quiet... Pensive... It was obvious he was thinking of how to say what it was that he thought Hope should know.

He turned to the window and looked out, reaching up to shut it. Now that he was no longer smoking, there was no need to leave it ajar.

"For starters, as you have seen, I keep wolves around." He chuckled. "Audolf is not the only one, though he is the current youngest... I do hope he didn't worry you too much, he's just -very- territorial and protective. I'm trying to remind his this area is mine, and not his. He forgets sometimes."

He chuckled and smiled as he turned back to Hope.

"Also, I wanted to say, -thank you- on behalf of my small family for granting us permission to stay here. It truly is helpful. This location is wonderful, and the people are grand." Again, a deep breath.

"I'd like you to know that I do take great care of all aspects of my life... My visions for this city are only to see you prosper and, as I said, I will gladly do whatever it is you need me and mine to do. If that is to take a place beside your leaders and captains, I would gladly do this for you. Admittedly, it would help me as well." He offered a smile.

"Now is the part where you have to ask yourself, how much do you believe in myth?"

As he grinned, however, and before she could answer... The door to the office slid open. A well-toned, tall, muscular, black male walked through the door.

"AH! Hope! It is always such a pleasure to see you!" Demitri walked up and offered the woman his hand. "I know you may not know me so well, but I'm Demitri."

He smiled, "I do hope Elyan hasn't bewildered your mind with fairy tales and exorbitant lies to wrap me in a shroud of mystery."

"And why would I do such a thing, Demitri?" Ely smirked as the two made a joking face at each other. "Where is Shomecossee?"

"She will join shortly, sire." Demitri bowed his head, and Ely returned the gesture.

"Wonderful... Hope has asked that I step up beside them here in Los Angeles, more specifically back in Pasadena." Ely leaned back against the windowsill as Demitri's brow arched upward.

"Truthfully?" his voice lilted upward as he spoke.

"Aye, truthfully. I was just saying that, if I am to do such things, then it may be best that our fair Godmother know a few things... What do you think, Demitri? As my most trusted enforcer, what is your risk assessment?"

Demitri's gaze steeled as he looked over Hope. Silence... These men certainly liked their quiet as they thought. Demitri's hardened features finally softened after a few moments, though, and he turned back to Ely.

"I agree... It would be best if she understood. Both for her safety, and ours. It is a wise decision." Demitri offered both of them a nod before glancing at Ely. "So how will you?"

"I've got an idea... Do me a favor and fetch Audolf. I can show her with him."

Demitri chuckled, "He's in his room, should I just call for him?"

"Go and retrieve the lad so you don't confuse him."

With a nod, Demitri was off, the sliding door of the office opening quickly and closing behind him.

"So..." Ely turned back to Hope. "As I was saying, you have to ask yourself, how much do you believe in myth? Because I'm going to show you that some of the stories are true... These are the secrets my family keeps. They will be your secrets too." He smiled...

"Also, just for fun... Take a stab at my age." Ely smiled. His appearance was certainly that of a well built young Welsh-man, in his mid to late twenties... But it was in his eyes. Eyes that held knowledge and wisdom of ages past.

Report Post Tip

Hope found she didn’t mind Elyan’s habit…  Not in the least.  The more time she spent around Mobsters, the more she understood that smoking was just something a lot of them did.  Heck, it was something that a lot of people did these days anyway.  She smiled warmly to him, delivering her news and becoming incredibly serious as she listened to his returned response to her mild concerns about not having worked with him long, nor really knowing him as well as she would have liked.  He had worked with Don, and he mentioned this.  But he also mentioned that even Don didn’t know everything about the mysterious young man before her.  And yet as he moved on and began to offer her knowledge, a hunger took root in the young Godmother’s eyes.  If there was knowledge to be had, no matter what it was about, she wanted it.  She longed to know all that she could, even if she wouldn’t say that out loud.  That would be to admit that she didn’t already know.  And yet one could not miss the look of the desire of knowledge that he dangled tantalizingly in front of her.

Elyan seemed to be conflicted…  What knowledge did he hold…  What secrets…  Was it dangerous?  And to whom was the danger a possibility for?  Her?  Him?  His family?  Hers?  Hope’s mind wouldn’t quit spinning, but she fought to hold herself with composure and certainty…  Or at least appear that way.  Her whole frame tensed as he pressed his hands against his desk, only to push himself to a standing position.  She did not like this arrangement.  She wondered briefly if she should stand as well.  Then again, Hope knew better.  Being as short in stature as she was, she didn’t try to command respect with her size.  Besides…  This was Elyan.  She had decided to trust him, despite not knowing him for long or even really well.  She just had a feeling…  And her mother always taught her to listen to those.  But the way Elyan looked…  He looked like he was thinking very hard…  Was he bothered by what he was to tell her?  She tensed again for the second time to rise.  But at that point he was moving.  So she remained where she was and silent as he moved to close the window and shut it.  She felt a slight flutter of panic rise in her chest and she could just roll her eyes at herself.  But he was talking once more and her attention became riveted upon him. 

A small smile drifted upon her lips and she nodded in understanding as he spoke of keeping wolves around.  Wait…  There was more than the one she had already met?  Now that was curious…  But she nodded a little more, becoming very thankful that she had found a neat HQ in a fairly secluded part of Pasadena that held a large wooded area nearby.  If he kept wolves, that would suit him well, she hoped.  But in all honesty, he hadn’t said yes yet.  “He’s a lovely creature…”  She smiled and one could tell that she meant her words.  Her gaze locked with his when he turned to face her once more. 

Her head tilted to the side as Elyan segued right into an expression of thanks.  Dipping her head in response.  As he took a deep breath, she would gently respond.  “It’s really not a problem.  You have done this city a great service even in the short time you were here.  I’d never deny you a home.”

She did wish that he would go back to giving her knowledge.  But the kind words of gratitude where wonderful as well.  But in all honesty, she was coming to him for help as well as to bestow this honor upon him.  She dipped her head almost sheepishly as he spoke of his willingness to do what is needed to help her and her city.  These words were humbling to her.  She understood how she got here.  And yet still the fact that she had and people were willing to follow her still baffled her.  But she wouldn’t admit this out loud.  Instead she merely dipped her head in acknowledgement to his words, a smile returning his.  The fact that it would also help him, and not just be a burden he was taking on bolstered her spirits and set her resolve.  This was a solid move. 

She allowed her gaze to move just for a moment as movement caught her eye at the window.  Just a bird, but still.  Enough to catch the distractible woman’s attention.  But his words brought it right back.  Myth…  Oh she loved myths, but this was another of her secrets.  She drew a breath, preparing to respond.  That was before the door opened and another man made his presence known.  This time she did slide to her feet, unable to remain seated with two people standing in the room.  She took his hand to shake as he introduced himself.  Or so she thought he was introducing himself.  He spoke of it being a pleasure to see her as if this was a repeated event…  Although she wasn’t entirely certain if she had met him or even seen him even once.  Maybe in passing?  But as his name was given, that smile would come jumping back to her lips.  Goodness she wore it more often than she’d like to admit.  But she shook his hand in return.  “Well met Demitri…  It seems you already know my name.”  She smiled to him, but she felt a tiny bit of unease well up within her.  But again she squashed it.  These were friends.  “Fairy tales and lies?  I certainly hope not, he’s said nothing but good about you.”  She chuckled softly. 

Ever watchful, it was doubtful that the woman missed a beat.  She grinned just a bit at the interaction between the two men. It was clear that they were quite close.  This whole family seemed to be quite close…  But something caught her attention…  Did Demitri call Elyan sire?  Curious…  But she had already known that Elyan was the lead of this household as it were. 

Hope remained silent, letting the men talk between the two of them as Elyan brought Demitri up to date on the conversation.  She nodded as well to back up what Elyan said.  She had indeed offered him a place among her Leaders and hoped dearly that he’d take it.  His question to Demitri about whether he should tell her things made her breath hitch a little.  What if he said no?  Would Elyan cease the flow of information?  Would there be trouble?  Dang it all, she needed to stop that line of thinking.  As Demitri’s gaze moved upon her, Hope stood just a little straighter and she stared right back into his eyes without hesitating or wavering. 

But thankfully Demitri agreed.  But they were now silently deliberating on how to tell her.  Hope held back an exasperated sigh.  Would someone just tell her?  But Elyan seemed to want to show her instead.  Often actions spoke louder than words, but that would mean more waiting…  Hope perked up a little when they spoke of Audolf.  She would love to see the handsome wolf again.  But what would she be shown with the wolf?  What did this have to do with the wolves that Elyan said he kept around?  

And why did their wolf have his own room…

Hope’s mind spun as she tried grasping at the straws they were throwing down.  What were they trying to tell her without telling her?  There was one myth that wandered her mind.  But she had quickly dismissed it as wild and outlandish.  They couldn’t be…  And yet no matter how hard she tried to push that thought from her mind, again it resurfaced.  As Demitri moved out to go and fetch Audolf, Hope felt her heart begin to race.  Excitement caused her cheeks to flush.  Elyan had presented her with a puzzle as well as still holding onto that tantalizing information. 

Tension lined Hope’s shoulders and excitement danced like a small spark in her eyes.  As Elyan spoke, it was just like something out of a novel…  Certainly not something to be lived in day to day life…  She nodded in understanding.  “My mother read me many books as a child…  Her favorite ones were of fantasies, and fairy tales. “ She smiled warmly but watched him intently as he spoke, feeling memories of her mother wash over her in sweet but somewhat painful waves.  “Secrets that I will keep to my death Elyan.  Whatever you need.  My city is your city, my family your family.  Whatever you tell me will be safe…  But you ask how much I believe in myths…  I believe that strange things happen in this world…  There are many things that we do not understand fully.” 

His next question brought a soft chuckle up from the depths of her belly.  “Well…  I must say I’m not certain.  I would say you couldn’t be any older than I am…  I would say we are likely close at the most.  So you cannot be over thirty years of age.”  She gazed into those eyes.  There were secrets and knowledge locked behind them that she could only guess at.  “But I’ve been wrong before.  Perhaps you’re older than the soil, a god come to Earth?”  Her eyes danced with a playful amusement that few got to see.  She wasn’t poking fun at him as was fairly evident in her tone and the interested look in her eyes.  It wasn’t as of yet certain if she meant her hypothesis or not…  But either way she was eager for the secret knowledge that he kept.

Report Post Tip

The smile that worked it's way across Elyan's face as he slowly built into an echoing laughter was more than infectious. He covered his face, and shook his head. It wasn't a mocking laugh either, it was just that he'd been tickled by Hope's comment of Gods and coming to Earth...

"Ohhhhh-hoohhhh-hohhhh..." he howled and laughed at the same time, almost sounding like ole St. Nick himself as he tried to get a grasp on his cheerful mood. Tears began to form at the corners of his eyes and he gripped his aching gut (too much laughter)... The chortling sounds quickly became pained, and still it took him a few moments to finally catch his breath. His hands now rested on the desk top and he breathed deeply, his voice almost tired from the monstrous display of his inner child.

"Ohhhh..." his voice cracked, lilting upward as he took a breath. "I don't think I've laughed that hard in some while... No no, my dear. If only it were so, a God come to Earth... That's..."

He paused taking another deep breath and looking up at her with a smile. "But if your mind can reach out to that and possible accept that as an answer, then, well... My family should be safe with you. No, we are not Gods... Though we have been worshiped in the past. Not me or my family, so much. My kin though... My kind." He smiled. "Demitri trusts you. That's a good thing, you should know. However, with the trust you've shown me I wouldn't have kept our secret from you even if he'd have disagreed with me telling you."

Almost as if it was on cue, the door behind Hope slid open slowly. In poked the head of a young boy, appearing no older than his early twenties. He had fiery red hair, much like Hope's own, and freckles that sprinkled just under his deep, green eyes. He looked young, but in truth, even he was a -tad- older than Hope herself.

"AHHHHH yes!" Elyan exclaimed as the young man poked his head in.

"Demitri said you summoned me, Ely?" he questioned, nodding politely to the woman, before averting and lowering his eyes from her.

"I did, I did... I would like you to come and meet the Godmother." Elyan smiled and waved the boy in. "She's quite fiery, much like yourself. I do think I like her." His gaze turned to Hope, "Do forgive me if that's too forward. I only mean that I like your style and your fiery passion for this city. You're a wonderful inspiration to us all."

He looked back to the boy as he walked up, head still lowered and not looking her in the eyes. "Hello, Madame Hope. It's a pleasure to meet you again..." Ely grinned, because he hoped she would get it rather quickly at this point.

"Forgive me for earlier. I only wish to see my family safe, and I had never met you before. Your scent, it was new... My name is Audolf Miller." He offered her his hand to shake.

Ely simply smirked behind his desk, moving to lean against the windowed wall. Demitri slipped into the room as well, leaning against the sliding door so that he could watch the Godmother's wheels spin.

"You see, Hope..." Ely began. "I'm not older than the dirt... But I've watched over seven centuries pass me by. I'm no God, but I was granted a gift." He continued to smirk, though it was turning in to a smile. "So yes, there are many more wolves than the one you met."

Even Audolf was smiling, and looking at Hope now. She'd feel all three sets of eyes on her, waiting to see just how she would react to the knowledge that things were not always as they appeared.

Ely rested against the wall with one arm over his abdomen, the other resting on it and holding his chin as he stared.

Demitri leaned on the back wall, both arms crossed over his chest.

Audolf. Poor, young Audolf. The boy found himself slowly backing away -just- in case she went crazy from the new found information; the family's well kept secret...

Report Post Tip

Hope tilted her head a little as her raptor-like eyes took in every detail as Elyan took in her ideas on how old he was.  And of course her god theories were the source of his great amusement.  Well,  she couldn’t help but laugh along with him as his laughter became uproarious.  It really was quite infectious, and Hope found that she loved it.  Her eyes glittered, and yet never left him.  She sought out any tell…  Any possible chance that she wasn’t off base.  Could her crazy theory have any basis in truth?  Hope honestly wasn’t certain.  But she watched with intense eyes even as she shared in the jovial nature. 

But before long he managed to pull himself back together to respond with words to her crazy theory.  Well, her mother always did say that if you started with the most farfetched idea first, then no matter how crazy the truth is, your mind should be able to accept it.  Hope lived by these words very much of the time.  And for better or for worse, she had a crack shot imagination.  But she beamed at him, fluttering those lashes playfully before shrugging a bit.  “Start with the craziest idea, my mother always said…”  She shrugged lightly as if it were obvious.  Then again, to her it very well may have been.  But she tilted her head a little as he continued. 

But as Elyan continued, Hope’s ears perked up.  She felt an eagerness like none she had felt as of late rise in her chest.  He was about to share with her something very important.  That much she knew.  She looked up to Demitri as he was indicated, and gave him a warm smile and thankful nod.  Even if she would have gotten the information either way, she was very happy to have the trust of the other man here who was such an important advisor to Elyan.  It would be very smart for her to get in his good graces as well.  But then again, that’s never been something that was too hard for Hope.

Her whole form tensed as she heard the door slide open again.  She chided herself silently.  She didn’t have to be afraid or on edge here.  She felt safe with them, with Elyan.  But she couldn’t help as her training kicked in.  She had to be prepared at every moment. 

The one who made himself known was a young man, red haired and freckled.  Hope couldn’t help but smile and waved with a polite playfulness with her fingertips.  He conversed with Elyan, and she watched him, wondering about the strange feeling that she wanted to move over and give him a large hug.  She quickly attributed it to the fact that he was so nervous, and she didn’t doubt that she was the reason.  As the conversation between the two continued, Hope’s eyes moved to Elyan as he spoke of thinking he liked her.  Well a soft chuckle came from her, sounding rather surprised at his words.  But then again she should certainly hope that he would like her!  She shook her head in a gentle dismissive manner.  “No apology needed.”  She insisted gently.  But her attention moved back to the boy.  Curiosity sparked within her at who this was. 

She noticed how he refused to look her in the eye.  This confused her.  Did she really make him that nervous?  But she smiled warmly to him as he did manage to speak to her.  “It’s surely a pleasure to meet- to meet you too.  Did you say again?”  She was pretty sure she hadn’t met him before so his words confused her.  And yet she wouldn’t miss the meaning behind the words.  Not completely anyway.  Even so, she furrowed her brow a tad as she looked at the young man.  She had to war with herself as she had an incredibly irrational need to hug and pet the young lad.  Perhaps it was just the motherly instinct to soothe him.  That’s what she was going with anyway. 

Then the young man continued to speak…  Each word was taken in with laser intensity.  And with each word, the fuzzy picture began to get clearer and clearer…  Forgive him for earlier?  She had never seen him that she knew of…  He only wished to see his family safe?  She didn’t have any intent to hurt him, and had only been here briefly…  And with limited interactions- This thought sent her mind into overdrive as curiosity and speculation began to take over.  She had already jumped to gods…  The next thought would not be too much of a stretch.  Was this young man the wolf from earlier?  His hair held a similar hue to the handsome wolf’s fur…  His eyes…  They were highly similar too.  Full of intelligence, but nervous…  Hope stood stock still as he stated that her scent was new.  Humans didn’t typically speak of eachother’s scent and the only one that had been even remotely threatening since she stepped upon the premises had been the wolf.  Every word pointed to this impossible likelihood.  Audolf Miller…  Was a wolf.  Her mother had told her stories involving werewolves…  Werewolves were always her favorite stars in the stories.  But that was all it was, wasn’t it?  Something out of a storybook?  Well…  Suddenly Hope was slightly sad that she wasn’t still sitting as her head suddenly felt light as she tried to process this possibility.  She didn’t move toward or away from any of the three men around her.  Her gaze was locked upon the young one as he offered his hand to shake in greeting and introduction.  She felt her pulse race faster, but hey.  She’d already jumped in with Elyan, she could accept his…  Family.  It wasn’t in Hope’s nature not to.  She lifted her gaze to meet Audolf’s eyes and took his hand and shook it firmly.  “Audolf…  It is my pleasure to meet you.”  She had finally found her voice and to her credit, it didn’t even falter. 

She tried to calm her wildly spinning mind.  It was like someone had just come to her and told her that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy were all real.  To accept that something like this was possible.  It was becoming more evident that her words about gods coming to Earth was not serious.  And besides it honestly wasn’t confirmed.  She could easily just be letting her overactive imagination get away with her.  Perhaps she had met Audolf earlier.  But his words were too…  Perfectly aligned with this theory.  Elyan’s voice drew her attention from Audolf’s eyes and her own thoughts.  She focused her intense attention upon the young man before her.  Allowing his words to sink in, Hope’s facial features didn’t change a bit.  If these words shocked her it didn’t show in the least.  She felt all three sets of eyes upon her, but she didn’t falter.  She merely stood there in the center of the three.  Her posture was relaxed and the only thing that betrayed her surprise was a small bit in the eyes.  Her eyes always were her downfall with their expressiveness.  She could go completely deadpan, but her eyes still gave her away to an extent.

She furrowed her brows a little as Elyan finished.  She drew a slow calming breath and nodded gently.  “Werewolves…” She murmured softly as she focused upon Elyan’s eyes.  She hardly noticed Audolf’s nervous backing away as she focused intently upon Elyan.  Her eyes held a careful passiveness to them.  She didn’t show favor, nor detestation at this knowledge.  In all honesty, she was trying to wrap her mind around it just as fast as she could manage.  Werewolves…  Something out of a fairy tale…  Fiction.  And yet something in her wanted with all her being to believe it.  Finally after a few moments of silence, Hope’s eyes danced as she looked between the three, a small smile growing as her face briefly took on an almost childish delight.  “Cool…”  Shooting Audolf a sideways smile that she hoped was a reassuring look, she then cleared her throat as she tried to collect herself.  “This changes nothing.  My offer still stands and your family is welcome in my city.  Just as before.  What do you say Elyan?  Will you help me lead my city and settle your pack here with mine?”  She smiled warmly to him and tilted her head a little as she awaited an answer with bated breath.

Report Post Tip

Elyan smiled, silent like the calm before a storm. He was gracious that she accepted them so quickly, but he was certain she still held a bit of disbelief. All humans did until they saw with their own eyes... And even then their logical minds would quickly try and make sense of what they saw... A shadow playing tricks on their minds, an optical illusion, a hallucination, anything to silence the unnerving thoughts that came when a glimpse into that other world was shown. Because if wolves became men, and men became wolves, what else in fairy tale could be true?

Audolf's head was cocked to the side, almost confused, but a wry grin crept its way over his features as if in some semblance of understanding. Demitri smiled in the back of the room and slowly began to clap his hands, drawing the attention of everyone as their heads turned toward the sound.

"Congratulations, Ely. I've known you as a great leader for years, but now it's time to see what you can do in this other world. as for you Hope, you've gained a loyal ally. I've never known Ely to turn his back on someone who has shown him such kindness." The man walked forward, pushing himself off the wall, and knelt beside Hope. Taking her hand, he kissed it. "And I can say, for certain, that it is my pleasure to help serve in this city..." Demitri could tell she might be slightly confused, because Elyan had not said yes, yet... But, she -had- to know that he knew Elyan better than any, and knew he would say yes.

"Hope..." Ely's voice cut through everything. "It would be my honor to serve alongside and under you. You know of our family's secret, and I'd ask that you protect it from others... Though I'm sure it would be best if the other leaders of L.A. understood as well." He smiled. "Though there is also the chance they just brush it off and think that you've lost your mind. Regardless, I will leave that choice to you... Tell them or not."

He chuckled before taking a deep breath and smiling again. "But yes... I will help you lead this city, and I will settle my pack here. We can call ourselves the 'Skinwalkers'... Enough to worry the minds of adolescent youth, but an honest depiction of ourselves without blatantly saying 'we change our forms'..." He stifled a bit of a laugh, smirking and nodding to Hope. "You've given me a new hope, Hope. I was worried for a bit that our pack would not find a suitable home. Especially after the losses within the war. Your kind and mine..."

Ely sidghed, "There are fewer of us left now than before. Many packs were eradicated when the criminal war took so many. A lot of us make a living working in your world, even if we keep ourselves hidden." He looked up at Hope, "It left many of us without a home. Ultimately, it's what drew my pack to the west coast. Regardless of that, however, I'm happy to be here with you, with Criseria , with TM-Scarface , and everyone else that helps keep this city together. You run a tight knit family, and it makes me feel comfortable. I look forward to a long time with you, Hope."

Ely came around the desk and offered his hand to shake Hope's in agreement.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: One City, One Pack
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL