Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 03:02:08
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Rivard Plaza Started by: ChelseaUccello on Jun 21, '18 15:46

So it was true, Greybeard thought to himslef as he was entering Rivard Plaza. His friend. Lushie, has talked to him about this place and the opportunities that it had for fun and joy. He, randomly,  followed the first pathway he could find and slowly made his way through the place. He passed through the fountains and watched as families were playing around with their kids but he wasn't too interested in that kind of activities.

He moved on and found a cafe. It was a wonderfull, sunny morning and this was a great time to get his coffee. He aproached the counter, ordered his coffee to go and waited as the worker was preparing it. Soon after, he took his drink, thanked the worker and start moving once again, keeping the same slow pace. He wanted to take a good look at everything around here as this was a skirmish mission. Just a examination of options for a future more detailed visit.

Following the very same path, Greybeard found him close to the river, where he saw a shop dealinjg with boats and water activities. He loved water like nothing else and he was as skillful with boats as it gets. He looked downwords and tried to debate i nhis mind if taking a boat ride in the river was worth the potential destruction of his suit but logic prevailed and he quickly dismissed the idea off his head. 

Having found what he was looking for, Greybeard found a bench near the river and sat to enjoy his coffee. There was something in water that he found magical. Almost like some people can look at fire, almost hypnotised, that was the case for him and water.

Report Post Tip

Apache woke up looking for something to do. He was board of the same shit everyday. He decided to go check out the business district when he seen The Richard Plaza. He knew that could be a all day event for him. They had multiple things to do. The cafe, the fountains and the river tour all sounded appealing to Apache. As he walked in he went straight up to the cafe because he was arguing with his stomach about food. It was still pretty early so hopefully he could still get some breakfast.

”Hey there, is it still breakfast?  Can I get a couple pancakes and a few sausage links please?”

After placing the order he waited for his food to be brought to him.  He pulled out his peace pipe and took a few tokes of tobacco.  Looking down to his watch he seen he still had plenty time to take a bike around the river bend.  Once his food came he brought it out side to where the fountains were.  They were beautiful stone art with water spraying out in some spots and water falling in others.  He took a seat at a bench to eat his breakfast.  About halfway through he noticed a familiar face walking through the park.  It was ChelseaUccello the owner of the whole place.  She noticed him waving her over.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Lushie had heard how there was to be a full moon that night and figured since she was visiting Detroit that she would make the most of it by repeating what she did on a previous time. 'Where better to view it? she thought to herself as she headed in the direction of where she planned to go, as the night began to fall. For a Friday night, it didn't feel like it, the surroundings were quieter than normal, almost serene like. The sky was clear and the stars were sparklier. She smiled to herself as she thought more of what a perfect night to see the full night it is.

As she arrived at the Rivard Plaza, she first made her way towards The Cafe to grab a coffee and a couple of cookies to go. "Thank you", she said to the barista as she paid up before making tracks towards the dock by the river to make it in time for a river cruise. 

The air was fresh which was a welcoming change after a few humid evenings and days, it was lovely. She soon got to the area where the plaza offered their waterfront activities and purchased a ticket for the riverboat cruise. The last time she went on it she thoroughly enjoyed it and with the full moon tonight, she knew she would again. 

She got onto the boat and took a seat to enjoy her coffee as she waited for the tour to begin. "Bliss" she muttered, as she sat back and looked up to the sky to watch it go by as the boat began to move its way down the river, cutting its way through the water. Pretty soon she spotted the full moon and found herself mesmerized. "What a perfect way to end the day" she smiled as she stared right at it completely unaware of the landscape around her. 

"Excuse me miss, the tour has ended" Lushie soon heard a voice, trying to get her attention. She couldn't believe how quick it was. "How is it times flies when you're having fun?" she replied to the person speaking to her. She stood up and disembarked the boat and walked over to a bench to take a seat. She wasn't ready to go to the hotel just yet, she was happy in her own world just sitting there for a while, watching the sky and the world go by.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Chelsea threw on the new sunglasses she'd bought back in Las Vegas and walked from The Trane Station to Rivard Plaza nearby. It was a beautiful day, and it was a shame to start if off so rudely with a bottomless glass of wine on an empty stomach. 

Passing through the front door of the cafe, she ordered and paid for a soda and corn dog. At the condiments counter, she doused her food in mustard, grabbed several napkins, then walked back out into the bright day, in search of a place to sit. A waving hand caught her eye, and she recognized a familiar face on a nearby bench.

"Apache! How long has it been?" She asked by way of greeting. She didn't know what to do with her hands, currently full with her food and drink, so she simply sat next to him. A lot had changed since they'd last met up; his crew had moved to Detroit from Las Vegas right around the time hers had uprooted a second time, relocating from Detroit to Seattle.

"How's business? Silly question, I bet you're busy as ever. I'll have to come by there soon for some REAL food," she laughed, holding up her lame little corn dog. If it wasn't for all the mustard covering it, she woukdn't be able to stomach such a thing.

Report Post Tip

Fio had stalked down his prey like the lepidopterist at heart he truly was. "Signora Uccello, there you are mio Farfalla."  He said as he leaned over and took a bite of her mustard soaked corndog. He wiped away a bit left on his lip as he stared at his wife and chewed down the bite. 

"Sorry I hear you probably need that more than me according to our friend Rusty." Fio chuckled as he looked her over. Was his wife was a bit sloshy? Hard to tell behind those sunglasses. He glanced at the man sitting next to her and gave a respectful nod. "Signore Apache, a pleasure. If you don't mind, I must steal away this," his voice lowered and a devilish grin crossed his lips, "inebriated dime piece here next to you." He winked over at Chelsea.

He wanted to discuss a few things with his wife, and this may not be enough food to do so over. He stared at the sunglasses she wore with a smile. It was odd to see himself reflected back in anything but emerald when staring over at Chelsea.

Report Post Tip

Chelsea smiled at Apache and leaned over to give him a friendly hug. "Frybread. I'm eating something legitimate," she said, standing and tossing the half-eaten corn dog into the nearby trashcan. "Hope to see you there?" 

With that, she reached for Fio's arm unsteadily and whispered animatedly as they walked away. Her heels looked like an easy explanation of her poor footing as she leaned into him.

"I didn't do it. Well I did. Obviously. But I went to see the bar and he gave me wine, assumed I was there for that I guess? I can't believe I used to drink white wine. Anyway," she said, rambling as they walked towards the taxi stand, "then he kept topping it off as I drank it. But I was only drinking it to be polite. 

"Fio I need to eat." She nearly pleaded, staring up at him with sad, drunk doe eyes.

Report Post Tip

Still with her coffee in hand with the added whiskey that she got from The Trane Station not so long ago, Lushie continue on her morning walk. She was starting to see the morning slightly different than usual. Her morning was usually far more routine than this but for some reason, she had gone a different way and soon found herself at a place she visited a few evenings before to watch the full moon.

She made her way into the Rivard Plaza and took a walk around it. She can't recall visiting in the daytime before, never mind when it was still early. She found it had a different feel to the place with the time of day due to the sounds she could hear. She could see families with their young children arriving to go play in the play area where there were fountains by it. Like her, they could probably predict that it was going to be another hot day ahead. She could also spot the odd businessman or two cutting through the plaza on their way to work. 

Just as she thought earlier at the previous establishment the river looked inviting and had a lovely reflection on it. The ducks were certainly enjoying their morning splash around and seemed to be acting playfully amongst themselves. With her humour, Lushie couldn't help but think how lucky they were for not ever having to worry of paying bills, "Bills!" she said out loud giggling as she then realised it the same word for their mouths. 

She got herself sat down on the grass near the river and finished up her coffee with the whiskey. She could feel the cheeks on her face were somewhat glowing and found herself with silly giggles at times. She thought about her day ahead and the work she needed to do, but for now, she needed to stop the giggles and just enjoy the moment she was in as she laid back onto the grass to do a little cloud watching.

Report Post Tip

It had been a damn long time since she'd been here. Funny how things circled back around the way they did. Here she was, a resident of Detroit once more.

The plaza had held up well. Not surprising, since it was basically a park, after all, and the place had always more or less run itself. Chelsea walked across the manicured lawns and watched as the paddle boat chugged by. She was wasting time; she still hadn't found a place to call home here, yet. In the distance she could just make out her ex-husband's shitty dump of a bar where they'd once lived... not a chance. In fact, she'd see to it the place was torched before all was said and done. 

Buying a cola from the cafe', she headed further into the grassy area, passing the musical carousel with its long line, and making her way towards the fountains. 

Report Post Tip

An orange cat laid lazily on a tree branch in the park watching the people below, his tail swishing back and forth playfully as he purred. His eyes followed long the path until they landed on a familiar broad walking around toward the fountains. He slowly climbed down the tree and stretched his body at the bottom, front paws reaching and opening wide as his back arched. A tiny -maow- crept from his maw as he stood back up and started to pad in the woman's direction.

As the two neared the fountains the cat slowed to a halt and sat, his tail flicking back and forth as he seemed to study the woman. He didn't feel like getting near the water and instead opted to stay back. The sun felt good, and the cat stretched out, rolling on to his back... Though his eyes never left their mark. He meowed again and relaxed... Waiting... Watching... Maybe she'd give him some clues. Maybe not... Who knew?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Getting some breakfast of a bagel, with a smear of cream cheese, and a nice steaming fresh cup of coffee from the cafe nearby, I walked an ate and then I saw it.... an orange tabby. He was stretching and looking at this lady...who looked a lot like Chels from ladies night. I love cats, well, animals in general, but don't tell anyone, I am an old softie in that department. Hmmm...maybe I could just walk by for a look and not touch? Yeah, right! When has that ever happened? But, I can't resist either, now that I saw it either...why did it have to do that?! I started walking slowly in that direction, but trying not to look like a crazy cat lady. Like I was just casually just eating breakfast and walking about. I could hear the meowing from where I was, almost melting where I am standing. This is stupid, this is not a mafia agent at all..stupid cat!
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Victor walked into Rivard Plaza looking for the owner ChelseaUccello.   He had not seen or heard from her in a while.   He walked around the shop and looked at all kinds of stuff from clothes to furniture for his apartment.  Nevertheless he kept an eye out for her.   He needed to be sure she was doing okay and looking at the plaza it showed she had money as the place was crowded.  He nodded with approval after seeing the flow of traffic in her plaza.  Victor thought of opening one in LA and spiting the loot with her if she was willing.  But then he thought she could open one in every city and buy him out.  

Report Post Tip

Chelsea had backed away from the fountains and was turning to maybe go back for a bite from concessions when she saw a cat nearby. Seeing a cat wasn't odd, there were all kinds of critters in the plaza, but the fact that he wasn't hauling ass after the ducks and birds all over the place had her wondering. His attention seemed to be on her, only. Even stranger, her only thought as she stared back at him was,

Alley Cat.

Not any alley-cat. THE Alley Cat. But there was no way in hell he could be a... could he?! And how would he even have gotten from Seattle to here? Chelsea started walking towards him slowly when another figure caught her eye. Cleo , from the girls' night out... the night that had started with partying and ended with jail. Chelsea smirked and waved at the other woman, who seemed to also be creeping up on the kitty. What either would do with him if they got to him, was beyond her. Just as Chelsea got within a dozen feet of Thomas_OMalley 's alternate, her brain yelled at her to turn around. 

She did, and there he was. Well. It wasn't Michael, of course. Michael was dead, and she knew this, despite her inexplicable attempts to find him all over the country. But whoever this man was, he looked just like Michael. Another brother? A cousin? He was heading towards the exit, and a cab beyond.

Chelsea dropped her soda on the ground and ran after Victor-Lucchese .

Report Post Tip

Victor turned as he heard footsteps moving louder and he saw a woman coming at him.  He was puzzled as to why when he did not know this lady.  Looking at her and sizing her up he hoped that he could get to know her.  She was fit and every thing was in its place.  He smiled as she got close enough for him to say hello.   He greeted her and to his surprised she smiled at him then before she could speak shoots rang out and she fell into his arms.  With her last breath she replied hi and closed her eyes.  Victor called for help as he looked around for the shooter but all he saw was a crowd gathering it wasn't until some spoke her name that he realized she was the owner he wanted to meet.  He dropped his head as she was now gone.

Report Post Tip

he were walking around in the old streets of Detroit and found a place he didnt remember so good and thought that he must see whats in here for fun, he saw that hey hade some good food and he was really hungry so he walks into Rivard Plaza to see if his hunger could be solved.

H had going around and checked the place and were pretty thrilled over what he had seen and when spotting  The Cafe he directly got in there and got a lunch with coffee and it was good to have something inside again so now he was satisfied and started his way out from here, it took some time since he meat up now and then with familiar and had some small talk with them.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Rivard Plaza
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL