Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 11:10:01
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Nasty Work, but Necessary. Started by: Isabella_Luciano on Jun 24, '18 02:53

"No."  She kissed her father in return.  "I'm afraid I have to ask for a bit of your time to handle some unplanned business."  She walked into the room and gave a nod to Tiny whose glare combined with her father's warm welcome suggested he'd said nothing about the previous day's disappearance.  She made a mental note to reward him for his solidarity and faithfulness.  He was a good Soldato - she was glad the rat hadn't turned out to be him.

Reaching into her purse she pulled out the small box, which contained Antonio's tongue, and put it down on her father's desk.  "I normally don't go in for mafia theatrics, but this time I've made an exception."

She stood on the other side of the Don's desk, hands folded in front of her waiting for his reaction.

Report Post Tip

Lucky watched as his daughter set the box down in front of him. He slowly moved his hand and opened the box and moved the cloth that covered the item to see the tongue. He knew what this meant, she had found a rat and dealt with it. He closed the box and stood up walking over to her. He embraced her and smiled. 

"I am proud of you. Who was it?" he asked her. 

Report Post Tip

She was pleased her father seemed happy at her discovery - proud even, but he had to be informed of the origin of the tongue and THAT she feared wouldn't be welcome news.  "I am afraid it was someone close to us."  She paused before adding.  "You're going to need to hire a new driver." 

She shook her head.  "Antonio confessed to having been approached by Agent Gerard and being offered a sweetheart deal.  Gerard told him if he gave evidence on you then the FBN would keep him out of the pen.  Apparently, while he was in last time they put him in the hole for a bit.  He admitted he couldn't hack another go and had gone yellow on us."

She sighed. "He didn't have any other names to give up.  I am happy about that, but also worried because the trail that lead us to Antonio went through some pretty elaborate twists and turns, including an appearance from my first beau."

She could see her father's eyebrows raise.  He'd not expected something like that either.  He put a hand on the small of her back and walked her over to a chair before sitting on the edge of his desk to listen.  "Gerard isn't some uppity pissant, he's really good at what he does and I'm not saying that lightly.  While I know you say that he's dealt with, he did a fuck ton of damage before your chat with him.  I can't tell you how inconvenient & unfortunate it was to put a bullet in the head of my first love... especially with Elias there to see my goodbye."

She looked away from her father, "I know Mattie's mother.  She's a dear woman, a good Catholic lady, and first generation from the old country.  She'll be destroyed when they find his body; but there wasn't any other way.  He left me no choice.  I just wish there was something we could do for her.  I think he was probably taking care of her still... her husband died some years back and who knows how she'll make due now."

Report Post Tip

Lucky listened to his daughter. He could see she was tormented by the after effects of what she had done. 

"Well, then we will make sure she is taken care of. She had nothing to do with this..." he thought for a second. 

"We will set up an account and have it trace back to her son. It will pay for whatever she needs. His mother will think he got involved in something to take care of her. She will be sad but understand." he said to Isabella. 

"as for my driver well he has been handled. You did a very good job in handling that situation," he said smiling at her. 

Report Post Tip

She nodded.  "Thank you.  Mrs. Giovanni deserves this and I appreciate it."  She stood up.  "You know maybe I could come by for breakfast tomorrow?  I'll bring cinnamon rolls and you bring the coffee?  Might be nice to just have an early morning sit down, just the two of us?"

Report Post Tip

"Sounds good, I know there are some things I would like to go over with you." he says to her 

Lucky walks her to his office door before giving her a hug. 

"I look forward to seeing you tomorrow," he says. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Nasty Work, but Necessary.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL