Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 09:04:33
Page:  1 
Miyazaki Japanese Swords Started by: YoshiMiyazaki on Oct 15, '10 23:16

You arrived in Detroit, getting off the taxi to get some food before doing the "job" tonight.

Just a few houses on the left you see a sign :

"Miyazaki Japanese Swords".

Full of curiosity you enter the shop. You look at various swords and some kind of pole axe on the racks, each with short descriptions below, such as:

"Odachi", "Katana", "Tsurugi", "Tachi", "Wakizashi", "Tanto", "Iaito", "Bokken", "Shinai", "Naginata", "Yari", etc.

You walk towards the counter, a Japanese man is cleaning a sword, as you get closer, he looks at you and greets you...

Good afternoon Sir, may I help you?

One good looking sword you have there You replied.

Oh thank you, this is an old Japanese sword I inherit from my great grandfather.

I'll be willing to pay a lot for that You said.

Oh hahaha... you really love it don't you Sir, unfortunately this one is not for sale, I'm sorry Sir, but we've made the replica of this sword.

That man walks to the racks on the right and take a sword looks exactly just like the one you want.

Here, please take a look Sir, but be careful it is razor sharp.

You grab the handle and carefully pull it out of the scabbard, you see the blade reflects the light clear and brightly.

Do you have something like this but shorter? You asked.

Oh yes Sir, we call it Wakizashi, and the longer one you're holding is a Katana.

He takes a Wakizashi from the racks on the left and gives it to you.

You are looking at it for a while until you decide to buy it. You never see such a powerful sword in your life that you can't even resist to have it, and you think it started to get boring to "finish the job" with a gun anyway, so...

Thank you so much Sir, please come again soon, oh and if you need anything about this you can contact me anytime.

He gives you a card, written "Yoshi Miyazaki", some descriptions and a phone number.

And if I'm not around, my business partner would gladly help you with anything you need Sir.

He gives you another card, written "Alfie Alviano", descriptions and his number.

You smile at him, out from the shop, and you can't wait to try a new interesting way to "finish the job".

Report Post Tip

Alfie walks to the place

Yo mate, there are new supplies at the back. give me a hand will you?

Alfie walks to the back of the shop where a truck waiting for him

Report Post Tip

Sure buddy, let's get the blades... hey Oyama come help us with thesesupplies.

Yoshi walks to the back of the shop together with Alfie and Oyama.

Report Post Tip

SINGERROURKE walks into get some blades from the store. He welcomed people opening stores in detroit especially those that he thought he could use and showcase.

Hey Yoshi is it? Hey brother man i would like to get some Swords. Three for me and one for my Crew leader and One for the right and left hand. Now i dont know what the best kinds of swords yall got here so ima take your advice on what ever you tell me. I want all of them to be able to cut through whatever i use them for is that ok?

SINGERROURKE sits back while Yoshimiyazaki gets the swords.

Report Post Tip

Yoshi heard a man talking to him so he walks near that man.

Hello Sir, first I'd like to thank you for visiting the store, and about the swords, I'm going to give you a little hint.

Odachi is a large two-handed swords which is bigger than the average Katana. This is the largest Japanese sword ever used in common.

Katana is the primary long sword of a Samurai. The blade is at least 24" long and there are various degrees of curvative depending on the preference of the user.

Tsurugi is a double-edged long sword.

Tachi is similar to a Katana but worn with the blade edge down to make it easier to draw while riding a horse. Nowadays you can use it if you like a "drive-by-chopping" on a motorcycle.

Wakizashi means side-arm. It can be anywhere from 12" to 24" in length. It is a back-up weapon when you're not holding your primary such as Katana, or when your primary is broken although this is almost impossible, unless if there is a huge gap in quality between your sword and the enemy's sword.

Tanto is a Japanese dagger. it can be single or double-edged. Works as a back-up weapon just like Wakizashi but since Tanto is smaller, it's also easier to carry around.

Naginata is a pole weapon with a curved blade on the end. In Japan this weapon is mostly used by women.

Yari is a straight headed spear. There are so many variations of Yari, such as Sankaku Yari or triangle spear, used to pierce enemy's armor, even a metal armor. There's also Magari Yari, looks similar to a trident or partisan, and many more.

By the way have you ever used these kind of swords before Sir? If you never used it before then I'd suggest you to get Bokken, Shinai or Iaito as well for practice with your crew so you'll be ready to use the real sword later.

For a beginner, Bokken and Shinai is the best. Bokken is a wooden sword, looks just like Katana. Shinai is a bamboo straight sword, doesn't really look like a Japanese sword but its flexibility makes it last longer than a Bokken.

The next step is Iaito, it is a metal sword just like Katana, except this one has no sharp part, the blade is considered safe enough for a practice.

Hope my explanation didn't bore you and most importantly I hope it's enough for you to decide which swords you want now. By the way if there are women in your crew, I'd like to recommend Naginata since it's long enough to keep them safe from harm and Tanto as a sub. For the big guys, probably want an Odachi or O Katana. And for the rest, Katana would do best with Wakizashi for sub.

So what's it gonna be Sir?

Yoshi smiles and wait for him to answer...

Report Post Tip

SINGERROURKE looks over all the swords that Yoshi has offered him. Over he couldnt seem to decide if he liked the Bokken or the Katana the most. Even then he had to get a few gifts so as he looked over he began to seperate the Katana and Bokken. He looked and stared at the tanto for a minute

Those would be perfect gifts for my friends i think. Let me get three tantos and One no make that Two Katanas and one Bokken. Ok so yeah thats what i want? Does that seem fair brother yoshi?

SINGERROURKE stands back and waits for Yoshis response.

Report Post Tip

SINGERROURKE looks over all the swords that Yoshi has offered him. Over he couldnt seem to decide if he liked the Bokken or the Katana the most. Even then he had to get a few gifts so as he looked over he began to seperate the Katana and Bokken. He looked and stared at the tanto for a minute

Those would be perfect gifts for my friends i think. Let me get three tantos and One no make that Two Katanas and one Bokken. Ok so yeah thats what i want? Does that seem fair brother yoshi?

SINGERROURKE stands back and waits for Yoshis response.

Report Post Tip

Yoshi replies as he walks to the racks to get all the swords he asked for.

You've made a good choice Sir, so three Tanto, two Katana and one Bokken, let me wrap it for you Sir.

Yoshi begins to wrap it neatly... and Oyama comes out, he brings a glass of Japanese Sake and gives it to SINGERROURKE.

Oyama says While you're waiting for the wrapping, please enjoy your Japanese Sake Sir.

ten minutes later...

Thank you for waiting, and thanks a lot for your trust in Miyazaki Japanese Swords, here you go Sir. We'll be waiting for your next visit, take care Sir.

Report Post Tip

With the death of his father YoshiMiyazaki, now Joe-Andolini is in charge of the shop.

Report Post Tip

Katana walks in and takes a gander at all the swords around me. Seeing the katana's he has she looks up at him and smiles.

Have anything that I might be interested in? She looks over and see a solid black katana with a black case and smiles.

That one right there! She points and awaits for him to carefully pull it down from the stand so she can view it.

Report Post Tip

Gao_Qiu walks pass the shop, only to be enraged by the sight of the swords.

"The Japanese are guilty of aggression against Nationalist China!!"

Report Post Tip

After spending time at a local eatery, Guin decides to do some shopping in Detroit. She looks around and doesn't see much. A Jewelyry store that appears to be looted, A Gym that stretches on so far that is doesn't seem worth the while, several bars, and an old sword shop. She finds this rather interesting and wonders what they have. She makes her way to the shop.

Miyazaki Japanese Swords

She walks in and sees a variety of swords. An Odachi catches her eye. While there isn't any real practical use for this sword in battles, this one is in mint condition and will make a great gift for her father. The tsuka that comes with it is made of wood and wrapped in leather in the traditional manner.

Guin looks around for a salesman to no avail. She wonders is every shop in Detroit is without a staff. In fact, the streets appear to be fairly empty. Guin looks at the price and leaves the amount on the counter. She leaves and searches for a  post office so she can mail this home. She hopes she finds one.

Report Post Tip

She heard of the long ago store for sword users, she gets intrigue with the stories about them that she gets up the courage to seek it. She gulps as she opens the door of the store.

All kindsof swords can be seen , and it took her breath away. From small swords , to long ones, double edge swords , she rush to them and touched it gently caressing the blade but making sure that she won't get wounded. She wonders if the owner can entertain her and sell her one of these prized possessions.

Report Post Tip

He walks on the street passing by several ordinary shops and stops to admire the sword shop. Unconsciously, h begin to make my way towards the door.

He enters to the familiar smell of steel and walks up to the counter.

Hey there! Nice set of collection you have here. I'm looking for something that can cut...very big things..it shouldn't be too heavy either, watcha' got?

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Miyazaki Japanese Swords
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL