Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 01:48:57
Page:  1 
The Overpass Started by: Kittie on Jul 14, '18 05:16

"Meet me at the overpass."  The last words Kittie had spoken to her best friend Star.  And possibly her last words.  Gunshots rang out from the main gallery and she heard people screaming.  She wasn't really surprised at the turn of events, after all, much of the city's well to do were busy sipping champagne, draped in elegant furs and jewels. She was surprised however to find a man waiting for her at the back door of the gallery offices.  Her hope for a clean get away died when she saw the gun and then all of her hope died when she heard the man speak. 

"I'm here for Billy."  She cussed under her breath as the man jabbed the gun into her ribs and forced her to walk to a car in the alley.  Of course.  It had been nearly two years since she'd left her old life, and several dead bodies behind.  Just as she'd been able to breathe freely, thinking she was safe from Bill O'Shaughnessy's men.  She got in the car, cursing again that she'd handed Star her gun.  "Now, where were you going to meet your little gal pal?"  The man's voice was low and she realised that he was still aiming the gun at her.  She was tempted to lie, but if she told the truth and Star was already there, she'd have somewhat of an upper hand, and Star had two guns.  Finally she muttered her destination and slunk down in the seat.  She hoped Star was ready to face whatever was coming next. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Star slowed her car to a crawl as she approached the overpass where Kittie had told her to meet. It had taken her longer than usual with all the random turns she had taken, making absolutely sure that she wasn't being followed. Once she was certain that she was driving in circles by herself, she made her way as quickly as she could toward the rendezvous. She was excited to find out what was in the box that was now sitting on her passenger seat. 

Her excitement soured instantly as she approached the overpass, her headlights reflecting off of the car in front of her that was parked precariously off to the side of the road. The car, a black Ford, was not the car Kittie had his in the alleyway as the secondary escape vehicle which meant one of two things. Either she had stolen and completely different car, or she hadn't come alone. She pulled off to the side of the road and turned her car off, taking with her the only two things she would need, her gun and Kittie's. There was no telling what would happen next, but at least she'd be ready. Checking to make sure that both of them were fully loaded, she reached into her handbag and pulled out spare clips, slipping them into the pocket of her skirt before opening the door to her car and stepping out. 

Report Post Tip

As nervous as Kittie was, she was trying not to roll her eyes.  This asshole with the gun in her side was obviously trying too hard to impress the O'Shaughnessy's and if killing her was his idea of that then he was going to be in a world of hurt.  She knew that the gang wanted her alive, so they could extract their revenge for her killing their leader.  She saw Star walk up and sighed, feeling completely put out by this chain of events.  

"Who the hell is that?  Your little friend?"  Kittie opened her mouth to say something snide but never got it out as the thug's eye exploded from his head and splattered her face.

"GOD DAMMIT My mouth was open!" Kittie gagged and wiped her mouth on her sleeve. 

"Sorry." Star said, drawing out the word like it was a string of cheap bubblegum on her shoe.  "But i had no intention of letting this night get any further out of hand than it already has.  Now, let's get rid of this prick and find out what's in the box."  Star sounded annoyed and Kittie, free from her captor, couldn't really blame her. 

Report Post Tip

For as irritated as she was over this dirtbag holding a gun to Kittie's ribcage, she couldn't help feeling amused by her best friend's look of absolutely not giving a shit. Kittie rolled her eyes, looking more bored than scared even though Star could tell that the fear was there too. Still, she wasn't even going to give him a first chance let alone a second one and as soon as she had him in her sights, she fired. It was unfortunate that Kittie got the worst of it and she whipped her handkerchief out of her sleeve to hand to Kittie as the dead man slumped to the ground. 

"Eugh! Sorry bout the dress, think Dreft will get that out?"

She wrinkled her nose as Kittie finished dabbing the blood off of her face, glaring at Star. She leaned over the side of the overpass into the river below, gauging the depth and the flow. 

"Listen, I've got some canvas in the back of the car, it's brand new, I was gonna use it as a drop cloth for painting my new club but looks like we'll need it here. Help me get some rocks to weigh him down and we can dump him in the river here. It's the wet season so it'll be deep enough to sweep him out fast."

Report Post Tip

Kittie dabbed one last bit of blood from her cheek and assessed the situation.  No matter what they had a dead body to get rid of.  Staring into the river she suddenly got an idea.  

"Star, how do you make a murder look like an accident?"  Kittie grinned. 

"Well, if we're going to get technical, it was self defense, but I think I see where you're going with this."

"Oh ho, not all the way you don't. I assure you."  Kittie practically cackled as she took off her heels and staggered down the embankment towards the river. 

"KITTIE!" Star bellowed, seriously afraid for her friend's state of mind. She was about to follow her down when Kittie came back up the rocky hill carrying an giant, water logged branch. 

"We need to make a hole in the windscreen."  Before she could say another word, Star trurned and shot a hole in the glass, already tracking with what Kittie was thinking.  "Good, that'll do just fine.  Now we need to get this asshole back behind the wheel of his car."

It took a good half hour to drag the thug's heavy body into place, and then another fifteen to perfectly place the branch through the windshield and into the hole in the man's head.  Finally Kittie started the car and put it in third gear, letting it jerk to a stop when she took her foot off of the clutch.  

"That way when the cops find it, if they find it, it'll look like he was driving and lost control of the car.  Now here comes the hard part."  Star nodded and kicked off her shoes.  The two women pushed the car from it's already precarious perch until it rolled on it's own, gaining speed until it hit the water and began to sink.  The two of them watched as the car bubbled under the water, finally sinking out of sight.  

"I'm tired" Kittie finally said.  "Let's go home and get a drink." 

Report Post Tip

Star's plan of simply rolling the man in canvas and dumping him the river seemed pedestrian compared to Katherine's. Star was mildly worried about the state of her best friends mental health but within minutes, Kittie's effort paid off as she returned with a sopping wet branch. Together they struggled to get the job done but as the car sunk into the deep waters, Star found herself chuckling as she bent over halfway, her hands on her knees. 

"Oh god, that was a total mess but I think we've covered our tracks pretty well. I think we'll have to get rid of the clothes though, there's no way with all of this that we're gonna get the blood out and I'm sure it's going to be a bit suspicious. Pity, I liked this dress."

She offered Kittie a wry smirk as they trudged back to her car, making sure they had retrieved all of their belongings and left no trace that they were ever there. The drive home was mostly silent, punctuated only by a few weary giggles here and there as both of them reflected on the wild night they'd had. It was well past midnight when they arrived at Star's house and made their way wearily inside. It was after two before the both of them had showered and were bundled up. Star was making her way through a pot of tea when a sharp knock sounded at the door. 

Star fumbled her teacup as Kittie stepped up to the door and opened it to reveal an officer. He apologized for coming to their door at such an atrocious hour and asked if he could come inside. Kittie and Star both shook their heads slightly and he nodded, a weary look on his face.

"Girls, I'm not here to bother you too much, I'm only doing my job. Last night at around 7 P.M. there was a robbery at a local art gallery. Several masked men entered through the front door and began shooting up the place, damaging several items in the process. No one was seriously hurt but the men got away with a few valuables. There was a guest list by the door and we're doing our best to check in on each of the people present at the time, ask if they saw anything that would allow us to track down the perpetrators. Your names are both listed on the book as being present and, as this is an active investigation, I've simply come to ask the same question of you."

He sighed, his shoulders sagging slightly in defeat. Star pursed her lips, finally speaking up as she recalled something.

"Both of us made our way out the side doors at the sound of the first gunshot as we were already leaving but, as I pulled away from the curb I was able to identify their car. Not sure how much good it'll do you though."

She gave the license plate number to the officer who then tipped his hat and thanked the girls before leaving. As Star closed the door, she let out a deep breath and sagged down to the floor. 

"I thought that was going in a much different direction. Well, now that it's over and we've gotten ourselves all cleaned up, lets open up that box. We didn't go to all that trouble for nothing now did we?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Overpass
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL