Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 21:57:00
Page:  1 
New Venture: Race Street Pier Business Partners Started by: GavinAndTaraByrne on Jul 12, '18 01:48

Tara Byrne, at the behest of Jack Mezzo, had called together many of the leading figures in their society. Crewleaders, RHMs, LHMs, and some of the business district VIPs filled the room in the East Cat Cellars. 

Race Street Pier was situated on the Delaware River in Philadelphia. Although there were docks that handled shipping (and smuggling) at the water level, there was also a recently installed boardwalk where new electric lights illuminated what would hopefully become one of the most bustling business districts in the seven cities. There was room for just about any business to come make their home on Race Street Pier, and that's precisely what Tara was hoping would happen. 

She walked up to the front of the room, near the bar, and began speaking.

"Thanks to all who have come here today to listen. I've brought you here today for a business proposal. You all traveled here along our waterfront boardwalk, and I'm sure you've seen the construction that was just recently completed. What we have created here at the Race Street Pier..."

She nodded in the direction of Jack Mezzo and Spaceman.

"... quite simply, is opportunity. Most of us run our businesses as fronts for other activities. Some of us run them because we're passionate about the business in question. Others simply want to establish a presence that stretches beyond the borders of their home city. Regardless of the motivations why we create our businesses, there is one thing we all have in common: a need for customers."

Tara flashed a small smile.

"At least in Philadelphia, that will no longer be an issue. Today, I'd like to announce a new venture from the Race St. Operation, as we welcome business partners into Philadelphia. We invite anyone interested in launching a high quality business to get in touch with me. For a small fee of $250,000, you will become business partners with The Race St. Organization. Once your business is approved by me, you may open your business with the following format: "The Pier - NAME OF BUSINESS". In return for your investment, we will guarantee a steady flow of customers to your business as long as you keep your business active. Because our goal here is to build a thriving and active business district, businesses that remain active for thirty days will receive a bonus payment of $1,000,000 with further bonuses possible down the line."

"Whether you have a business that you're passionate about and you want a guarantee to connect with customers, whether you're looking for an active front for... other sources of income, or if you're simply interested in establishing a foothold in a new, exciting market, we invite you to take a walk around the pier and imagine how you can become a Race Street Pier business partner, whether you're opening a brand new business or a satellite location of an existing one."

With a final grin, Tara wound things down.

"Does anyone have any questions? Please feel free to speak up now or reach out privately to me. If no one has any questions or comments, then thank you for your time- and the floor is open. "

Report Post Tip

Madeline had been surprised when she received an invitation from the woman she’d met only briefly in New York one evening. She had made friends with the woman’s brother but she and Tara had only spoken briefly. It was enough that she had a positive impression of the woman, so when she was invited to the East Cat Cellars to hear some kind of announcement, she made sure to attend.

Sitting at the back of the room, an unknown compared to the big names that were present, she listened as Tara announced a plan to expand the business districts of Philadelphia, particularly those associated with the Race Street Pier. Madeline couldn’t help but chuckle softly when Tara said a small $250000 fee; maybe for some of them it was small but for Madeline, it meant a significant investment. Still, she knew that Philadelphia and New York were sister cities in this world, as her boss had branched off from Philadelphia not all that long ago, so it made sense for her to support whatever projects were put forth.

She’d had several business ideas in mind over the few months; she didn’t remember mentioning them to Gavin but she must have verbalized it at some point if she was invited here tonight. The first business she would open was a shop that would be called Southern Charm. It was already being built for her in her own hometown and from there she would operate a sort of home decorating business.

The second concept she’d had more recently was for a specialty sandwich shop. The place would be small and would focus on meatball subs. There would be a variety of flavors of course, from traditional beef meatballs with tomato sauce to buffalo chicken meatballs. And of course, there would be different options for how to have your sub and different add-ons. It would be perfect for a Pier location that had a steady flow of customers.

Madeline wasn't much one for public speaking, but when Tara had finished and opened the floor up for questions or comments, the room remained silent, so she decided to make a comment. 

"I think this sounds like a wonderful investment Tara. Thank you for your invitation, I look forward to submitting my business proposal to you soon."

She smiled and nodded in greeting before slipping out the door to get to work. She'd need to write a proposal for Tara and even her brief interaction with the woman made it clear she'd need every part of the business well thought out before the other woman would give it a thumbs up. And of course, she'd need to work on a menu and to work on a menu she'd need a chef to help her create her concoctions. It seemed she'd have a busy few days out here in Philadelphia. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Tara smiled warmly at Madeline. She'd only met her briefly, but she seemed to have what it takes to succeed in the business world- and some other worlds as well.

"Thank you, Madeline for your kind words."

Clearing her throat, she addressed the crowd at large.

"I'm pleased to announce that we've launched our first three expansion businesses on The Pier. If you need to relax, Stella_DiVasio has launched The Liberty Belle European Massage Parlor. If a piece of candy is more to your liking- or a new piece for your holster- visit jonnythecon at Jonny's Candy Shoppe. Finally, Star has just opened The Observatory, a mix of art, science, music, dancing, and drinking- truly something for everyone. Next time you're in Philly, be sure to swing by The Pier. Or hey, schedule a special trip with a friend. Treat yourself. You deserve it."

With a grin, Tara moved back through the crowd on her way to the airport.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Venture: Race Street Pier Business Partners
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL