Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 12:16:01
Page:  1 
Left Hand Dominant Started by: RogerConiglio on Jul 18, '18 07:26

It had been a quiet day around the Race Street Pier, even the docks below East Cat Cellars were vacant with no scheduled shipments to come in. The workers had all been given a day to rest and recuperate after the strenuous hours they'd been keeping. Inside the bar itself was another story though, the only place that seemed to breath life into the otherwise unoccupied area of Philadelphia.

Sea shanties filled the air and carried out into the streets, old sailors and new singing in chorus with one another as the Race Street crew sat back and watched over their fine establishment. Some played pool, some sat at the bar, a few of them hustled about and worked the room, and then others acted as the muscle in case it was needed.

Roger Coniglio just happened to be some of the muscle, even if he was playing pool. The spitfire, American born, Italian took a bank shot on the (5) ball and sunk it in the corner pocket.

"WOO!" he exclaimed excitedly, though his heavy set opponent didn't seem to like the shot. Roger winked at the man and lined up his shot on the (8) ball.

"The eight, side pocket." He touched the side of the table he was standing on to signal which pocket he wanted and then took his shot, sinking the eight right where he said...

"And that, mio amico, is tha game." Roger set his pool stick on the table with a chuckle and smiled at the man. "Now, I believe ya owe the boys here a round. Whattaya say... That was the deal, sì? Either I pay your tab, or you pay it and buy everyone a drink?"

"Yeah yeah..." the slightly disgruntled dock worker coughed an insult under his breath, but Roger let it slide.

"I'll have a double scotch with..." he trailed off as he noticed Kodak walk in to the main bar of the East Cat Cellars. He'd not had a chance to actually meet and speak with his crew's left hand yet, but he figured why not at least introduce himself.

"Ya know, pal... Don't worry about my drink. Just make sure ya take care of everyone else." Roger quickly dismissed himself from the pool tables and made his way over Kodak.

"Signore Black! Mio amico! It is good to finally meet you! I'm Ruggiero Domenici Coniglio, but you may call me Roger."

He offered his hand to the man in good will, removing his hat with his other. "Can I buy you a drink?"

Report Post Tip

Reaching his hand to meet Rogers, the both of them shook. "Nice to meet you Roger, the names Kodak Black, but you can call me Kodak."

The two made their way over to the bar and took a seat. Kodak took out his pack of cigarettes, pulled 1 out of the pack as he placed it between his lips, extending his hand into his coat pocket and grabbing his lighter, he lit his cigarette.

Kodak takes a rather large drag. "So Roger.. I've heard a lot about you. You seem quite the man around here. It's a honor to be working along side you my friend."

Kodak signals the bartender over. "I'll get a scotch on the rocks, Make that 2"

"So Roger, as you know i'm the left hand of this thing of ours. It took a lot of work to get here, and I plan on doing the best I can. With that, I want you to know I listen to each and every one of you, anything you got to say, say it to me, don't be afraid. I love feedback. I'm a pretty straightforward guy, I don't sugarcoat things." says Kodak as the bartender brings the drinks over.

Kodak takes a sip of his scotch. "I also don't take shit from nobody, and I don't expect anyone in our family too either.. If you're in a tough spot, get with me. I will take care of it for, or with you."

Kodak takes one final puff of his cigarette and downs the last of his scotch. "Do you got any questions for me, anything you want to talk about? Hell, even if you want to just tell me a little about yourself, that's fine." 

Kodak puts his cigarette out in the ashtray. "How about a game of pool while we chat?"

Report Post Tip

Roger mimicked Kodak as he pulled out his own cigarettes from a case in his pocket, a Zippo lighter gripped between his fingers. A custom engraving of a Rabbit along with 'Coniglio' written over it could be seen on the outside of the lighter. With a flick of his fingers it opened and a flame was produced, lighting his cigarette.

He tipped his glass back and downed the scotch, pulling his money clip out and setting down two twenties. Placing two fingers on the cash, he nodded to the bartender and pushed it toward the man who smiled and took it.

With the cigarette stuck between Roger's lips, he nodded to Kodak and grinned.

"I'd enjoy a game with ya."

Roger slapped his Fedora back on his head and led the way back to the pool tables, starting to rack the balls as he puffed on his smoke.

"So..." he spoke through pressed lips that kept the cigarette in place while he switched balls around and got them in order for Kodak to break.

"Currently, I got no real questions, ya heard? Well..." he paused for a moment and looked up, taking the second to knock the ashes off of his cigarette before replacing it and returning to racking the balls. "I guess it'd be nice ta know what's needed of me. Where I can help tha most in this operation."

He finished sorting the balls and pulled the rack away after making them nice and tight. "Maybe ya got some insight for me?" He looked up and grinned at the man as he blew smoke from the opposite side of his mouth that the cigarette hung from. Hanging the rack on the wall near the table, he pointed at Kodak.

"Break'em boss."

Report Post Tip

Kodak takes a step over to the wall where the pool sticks hung. Going along each one until he found the perfect fit, picking it up he runs his fingers down it, checking for any warping, and smirks at Roger. He leans down, lining up the Q ball straight onto the (1) ball, as he pulls back and slams it with a thundering roar, knocking in the (9) ball into the left corner pocket and (13) ball into the right corner pocket.

Kodak leans back up, looking for his next shot. He see's the (3) ball in an awkward position, but it's his best shot, and with the perfect angle, he'd sink it. "Three ball, side pocket." he says as he leans down to take the shot. pulling back once again, and slamming it again, slightly less power then last time, the (3) ball bounces off the wall, and rolls right past the pocket he wanted it in. "Your shot, hoss."

Inspecting Roger, as he looks for his shot, Kodak forms some words. "So this thing we got going on here, it's a place we took over after being abandoned. We're trying to build it up as a place for us to work. Of course, recreational and for the shipping yard aswell. I feel like if we play our cards right, we can have this place in good shape shortly."

Kodak lifts his pack of cigarettes back out, slips one out, and lights it. "What's needed of you, is simple. We need people with positivity. People who want to strive to be the best, who are loyal. Of course, i'll have some stuff for you to do every now and then, more of the muscle work alongside me when I need you, if that's alright with you."

He takes a puff of his cigarette, anxiously waiting for a reply from Roger as he takes his shot. Kodak really wanted Roger as muscleman, as much as he didn't want to look desperate, he was excited to hear what Roger thought of everything, and how he would reply to his statement.

Report Post Tip

Roger smirked, watching the (3) ball roll just passed the pocket. Plucking his cigarette from his mouth, he walked around the table and studied the stripes, technically it could still be anyone's bounce, but stripes just felt nice since Kodak had called the three. He lined up a shot, but shook his head and moved a bit more around the table.

"Well, I know how this thing of ours works... So whateva ya need, boss, jus' lemme know. Got family in Sicily, an' my own pops run his family here in the states before we got rolled. It's what brought me an' Jes to Philly. Family friends said I could find good work out here."

He bumped the brim of his fedora up so he could see better as he lined up a shot and smiled, satisfied with it's chances.

"Nine in the side..." he pointed to the opposite side of the table and sank it rather quickly, the cue ball spinning off to the right and lining up with the (12) ball.

"Corner..." he pointed, and aimed his cue stick. He lowered the tip and put a hard backspin on the ball, pulling it back from the (12) after making contact. The (12) ball sunk into it's respective pocket and the cue ball lined up yet again with another striped ball... This time it was the (15) ball.

"Hmmm.... Bank tha (15) back inta tha (11) ball, (11) in the side." He pat the side pocket nearest him and lined himself up. It looked perfect. The cue ball knocked the (15) lightly, and the (15) banked into the (11)... However the spin was off and the (11) ball clipped the two corners of the side pocket and spun away from it's designated landing zone.

"Fuck!" Roger exclaimed, laughing. "You're up boss..." He stepped back and leaned against the wall, putting what was left of his cigarette back in his mouth for one last drag. "Also, I'd be happy to muscle in wherever ya need me." He exhaled after he spoke then pinched the cherry of his cigarette off onto the floor and stepped on it, placing the butt in an ashtray.

"An' I like ta think of myself as a pretty positive guy, ya know?" Roger smiled as he fixed his fedora atop his head. The two played out their game, Roger getting his ass handed to him. The Left Hand was a rather dominant pool player it would seem.

"Well Kodak... I'm gonna head out an' get some sleep. I'm knacked. Don' stay up too long, aight boss? I'll catch up witcha in tha mornin'."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Left Hand Dominant
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL