Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 15:15:56
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Bank Job Started by: Mr-Kipling on Jan 21, '08 17:27
Heres my idea...

What about once you reach a certain rank (Made man Possibly) you can do bank jobs, not a bank job like a felony, where you succeed every time and you get $1,000. A real bank Job, on an actual players bank account. Obviously they would have to be extremely hard to do, and you would most likely get killed for doing it. But in times of war i think it could make things a bit more exciting, the possibility that you could seriously damage the opposition by stealing thier money.

What do you think?
Report Post Tip
Any response at all??
Report Post Tip
I think it is a great idea but poorly explained.

Are there any pros or cons?

What exactly can you do? take all the money? can you be caught? can you die by doing this?

Think it through from every perspective and I can guarantee you will get a response from people.

If you do this properly you could very well win the suggestions award.
Report Post Tip
Why thank you Tamelo,

Here we are then, ive done some thinking and i think. That depending on your skill at doing bank jobs, which i think should not be a trainable skill, i think it should be reflective of your Mugging skill, Wacking skill etc. So that the better you are at these things collectively, the better you are at bank jobs. I think there should also be an option to do a stealth bank job, which explains itself, (They dont see you) but it is much harder to carry out

Pro's

Extra Attack During times of war.

Way to cut off enemies resources.

Additional Income.

More realistic, bank jobs happened.

Con's

Loss of the only safe way for people to store money.

If the money of a crew is stolen, it can weaken the CLs Position, (Unable to buy BG's and what not)

Comments please.....
Report Post Tip
I like this idea, war could be fairly profitable. I also believe that this will make people think about putting money into many different accounts, that way when one is raided, you don't lose everything.
Report Post Tip
I've been thinking through this and I've seen this idea suggested a couple of times.

I've always thought it could be a really nice addition.

The fear, obviously is that it is another feature that isn't roleplayed and is button clicking. Our Admin team aren't pleased with things like that, therefore I'm thinking of how to get around this.

I'm struggling really, but what if it could somehow be roleplay dependant. I'm not entirely sure how it could be coded, but perhaps one of the requirements for this to succeed would be a thread detailing what actually happened. You would have to pick your team, describe the events that take place, explain what they are doing, why you are doing this, how you came up with the plan etc. etc.

Perhaps it could be similar to the Godfather mail. You decide to do a Bank Job and you have to satisfy certain criteria. The game inputs certain scenarios and the quality of your answers determine how much you make off with, whether you succeed at all, whether you even survive.

I mean as in, you click bank job, the game then outlines the venue, you have to nominate the other people who are also involved. You then have to begin the job by responding to the actions that unfold. Maybe the entire scenario would then be posted into the streets detailing what happened, obviously with the assailants being unidentified if they were successful. Maybe they could get jailed if not, or worse, die.

I don't know whether anything I have just written is even viable, but I think this could be a great addition if done properly.

Maybe the scenario is submitted to the Admins and they judge whether it was of sufficient quality to succeed. This on top of course of having the necessary points to succeed, probably by using the skills needed for each part of the job.

I think this would need more work, but hopefully it is an outline of a way to make it RP and actually gain a reward.

I dunno :S
Report Post Tip
i had never thought of it like that, but thats a really good idea.

Maybe CL's could only do it but they could pick some members of their family to join in on the raid.

The questions is the best way to do it, they have scenarios, and the choices made decide the outcome.

Also i think they would have to be extremely rare, and have some pretty harsh consequences, like some members of the team die, depending on the answers, e.g if you get alot of answers wrong, then all your team dies.

This would be an awesome addition.
Report Post Tip
I really don't think you should die from a failed attempt, but there could be a possibilty
Report Post Tip
Yeh but there should be something which should add an element of risk.

More so than going to jail.
Report Post Tip
OK, I just thought of a punishment..or somewhat....But if you fail......Maybe you wont be able to petty for a while, because You got away but you have to hideout somewhere because the Heat is on you, and of course you cant go around trying to Rob 7/11's right after you just tried to rob a bank.
Report Post Tip
OK, I like Lincolns Idea, I dont thin you should die from anything
Report Post Tip
Well, I like the idea pretty much, but as already said, it needs working with.

Also, Lincons idea is good, but it shouldn't just be pettying, it should be all crimes.

Also, you shouldn't be able to fly for a while if you succeed, as the police then definatly would check the airlines.

- Moje
Report Post Tip
Well, I like the idea pretty much, but as already said, it needs working with.

Also, Lincons idea is good, but it shouldn't just be pettying, it should be all crimes.

Also, you shouldn't be able to fly for a while if you succeed, as the police then definatly would check the airlines.

- Moje
Report Post Tip
I like what a1capon3 has said, but, bank jobs, how often are they actually successful?

Not many...

I could see it being, you have to have four people online, you are entered into a role play questions, and have to answer them, each person.

The chances that you die from cops are high, the chances that you succeed are little, but if you pull it off, you clear out the bank account.

These are just simple things, there would have to be a lot more pros and cons.
Report Post Tip
I like it but it should have some of the same penalties as Wack! such as death or failure of gun call me crazy but if you try to break into a CL bank account he wont just slap you on the wrist and say no no he/she would take you to the river to try out those new cement flippers
Report Post Tip
That is why a WS would go out on the bank job. They had this type of bank job in mafia.org and trust me it was not a pretty picture once word go out who pulled the bank job casue you are not just taking money from CL but every level on mobster. One must really way the rewards against the down side if you are caugth,shot trying to flee,shot during the bank job, then of course trying and hoping no one gets the WS and turns in in to thr right person. I have seen bank jobs pull large amounts of money in sums of 340 millon. So if the bank job is put in the success rate would have to be very low.
Report Post Tip
Seems a bit orgish to me..
Report Post Tip
ok so a bank job scenario -

If you fail,

- no crimes for an hour

- no drug purchases for an hour and a half

- all drugs in your possesion become forfeit

- not able to leave the city you are in for 6 hours

- no WS since you failed to succeed

- 15 minute jail time with 3X guards for your level

If you succeed you have two options, federal and local

local

- clean out 25% of all money held locally

- 50% chance of WS with identity of two or more personnel involved

- 25% chance of WS with identity of one person involved

- 15% chance of WS with all personnel involved listed

- 10% chance of no WS statement

- all profit from bank job split between members (or survivors) after 4 hour delay (if you get wacked in the meantime, more profit for the rest of you

federal

- clean out 10% of all money held in federal accounts

- 50% chance of WS with identity of two or more personnel involved

- 25% chance of WS with one person identity

- 15% chance of WS with all personnel involved listed

- 10% chance of no WS statement

- 10% chance of taking someone's safety deposit box at random

- all profit from bank job split between members (or survivors) after 6 hour delay (if you get wacked in the meantime, more profit for the rest of you

- all felonies and drug runs suspended for 2 hours

Of course I recommend the creation of a safety deposit box with a fee that you have to pay that depends on how much money you place in there and the rank you have attained. So for a Goomba who puts 25k-250k you would be charged 10% and 10k. transactions would be subject to a processing fee of 10%. This is just an idea that I've been kicking around in the last little bit.

What do you think?
Report Post Tip
Jollie your ideas are good, but how about this.

First you have to pick what type of bank you are robbing. A City Bank or a Federal Bank.

City bank would be easier to rob of course but would not make you as much as pretty much only CL's use them now(though more people would start using them if bank robberies where possible to limit the amount of cash taken from one person)

Federal Bank's would be harder but they would net you higher amounts of cash.

Also if you rob a bank you should get all money i said bank accounts. So if you say rob the Bank of Los Angeles you would get all the money in that bank.

Whereas if you Robed the Federal Bank you would get all of that money.
Report Post Tip
Incendia,

but you are forgetting banking laws that were inacted during that time period. this was a result of the financial crisis during the great depression and explained when the banks were closed by the president during his fireside chats. He explained that the money most people put into a bank is used by the bank to invest in the building of homes and businesses. only 10% of money in all federal accounts was allowed to be kept on hand just for the reason that someone would perform a bank robbery. By limiting the amount that the person can take you make it a more realistic part of the game. also I thought of a way to implement a bank robbery.

a person of rank made man or higher clicks on the perform bank robbery and then has to put in a minimum of three other people to invite, max 6. the individuals named will get a personal message that they can either accept/decline just like they would for joining a family. once three additional people have clicked accept, a button will pop up on the made man's personal informing them that the bank robbery is active. There is a 5 minute time limit from when the initiator first clicks on the perform bank robbery button until the bank robbery must either be aborted or started. if it is not started before that limit, the individuals who accepted are captured by the police. they will serve a 5 minute sentence and suffer no other penalties. individuals who don't accept before the job is started will not be able to be a part of the outcome. nor will they get any share of the profit.

what do you think about all that? any ideas?
Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Bank Job
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL