Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 15:46:00
Page:  1 
Do You Challenge Yourself? Started by: Wild on Aug 03, '18 11:46

"Hear ye, hear ye!"

Standing up on a bar stool at the nearest speakeasy off the streets, Wild was grabbing the attention of the folks nearest to her. Her hair was a hot mess but her eyes spoke of excitement and amusement. Today she wore a light blue dress to stand out among those that were just getting off work or merely taking a pit stop between deals. She wasn't here to work, had no thoughts of it. She was here to start a conversation with everyone around her.

Today was the day that Wild would put aside her hesitation and step outside of her bubble. She was nervous but you wouldn't know it. She was used to being stared at and now she had purposely gotten some attention from the people around her. Stepping onto her chair, she turned so she could look at everyone around her. A small smile beginning to take hold.

"Now that I have your attention I was wondering... Do you challenge yourself in your daily life?

What I mean is, do you set yourself goals or tasks to do better than you have before? Perhaps better than an ancestor of yours has done in a particular area? For instance, today you earned $500 will you be pushing yourself tomorrow to make it $1000 and then the day after that $1500? Perhaps instead of money you were able to carry 30 units of cocaine, are you hoping tomorrow to add another unit to it? Really giving yourself the task of learning to be more efficient at relieving the jails of their numbers? Helping your friends bust out when the guards aren't looking? Maybe your thing is serial killing. Do you try to be more humane but increase the number count daily?

Honestly, I am just curious if you challenge yourself. I know that this world can sometimes become a little dull. A little of the same in and out type of tasks, but the fun I find is in bettering yourself. Perhaps if you have been here pick an ancestor and beat them at what their strength was. One of my ancestors once made 63 million for their boss at the time. That is a lot of dollars to be giving away I am sure! Maybe I will aim to get Jemaine 64 million. Day in and day out of bettering my ability to make that cash and to keep it going upwards as best as I can. "

Pausing momentarily she looked around once more at the faces. It was hard to tell if they were following her thought process or if she was dragging on but she knew it needed to come to a close so maybe someone else could tell her a little something.

"I like a challenge, do you?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Eddie stopped and listening to what the lady was saying. She began telling about how she enjoyed to push herself each day, to challenge herself. It got him to thinking if he even had that sort of attitude towards life.

Eddie starting thinking about the kinds of achievements he had reached since he came to Philly. He'd broke a lot of guys out of jail, many of whom he didn't even know. He'd snatched a lot of purses, robbed a lot of post offices and ran a lot of prostitution rings. But what had he really done?

"I hear what you're saying. Is it enough to simply run cocaine from point A to point B? What if I set myself targets? I can carry X amounts of cocaine, and I can do maybe 5 runs a day. Why not push myself and do 6 runs a day? 7 runs a day? I suppose whatever time I have left after doing work for Philly is my time to make money for myself, or to kick up to the boss."

He began to light up a cigarette and as he inhaled he thought a little more deeply. Should he be looking at setting himself a pickpocket challenge? Could he be looking at helping a little more with the Durden menace that was plaguing the cities?

"I suppose this should be something that I'll need to have a chat with myself in the mirror though. Thank you for giving me something to think about."

Report Post Tip
Interesting question.
I do indeed Challenge myself. I simply cannot help it. I have this urge to do better, and In all areas possible more or less.
But my main thing is pickpocketing. And speaking of pickpocketing, it has been a long while since we have had a pp contest around here.

In the end i Think the place we should all Challenge ourselfes is to make an effort to open up oppotunities for others In this thing of ours. Especially to new members, making Them Aware of what the World has to offer for organised criminals as us.
Report Post Tip

Wild was surprised to say the least that anyone had listened to her. Really listened and understood. Her eyes lit up and she tilted her head as if that would help her to listen better. She was forever curious and finding herself ever so interested in what was around her. Whether it was conversation or action, she loved to watch it.

"Thank you both for speaking up. I love hearing from other people.

I would say that it is definitely a mirror conversation and that I am glad to have given something to think about. I do like to push myself to add thought and consideration for things in our every day lives.

The challenge for more than just individual things is something I had not really thought of. Competitions, and opportunities would surely be a group challenge? A collective challenge done by those in power? This is a great thing to consider and hopefully it will be considered. Opportunities for the new and the old alike do keep us on our toes."

Report Post Tip

I'm fairly certain there are people who are sick of hearing me talking about my own personal endeavours. The events, business model, efforts to meet crew members goals etc etc, blah blah.

I would still like to address this discussion as it's a fair question to put out there, and the spin I can offer on it is hopefully of some relevance. 

In this life there are many different approaches, ages and mentalities. Sometimes challenging yourself isn't half as hard as being challenged. The ability to take criticism from others is an important step in learning the ropes of a new role, or being shaped and prepared for a leadership position, perhaps.

I'm not saying that you should align your own moral compass with someone who tells you where to point it. The interpretation of what is right and wrong is yours to make. For example, it is universally accepted that there are rules we maintain in this life, and a particular way to talk to others. Outside of those, the rest is personal decision.

If however you're looking to progress within a certain operation, maybe be prepared to take on board the results of challenges you encounter, to best represent the ethos of your crew. 

Report Post Tip

Rachel had to ponder this topic only a few minutes because it was easy enough to answer.

I do challenge myself moreso than I attempt to challenge anyone else.  I can get motivated to try my best to beat something my bloodline had accomplished in a certain amount of time, especially as you mentioned carrying those units of drugs.  Setting a good pace to learn a few tricks, or push myself harder to get stuff done quicker.  It is amusing to me that I am not a competitive person, unless in good natured fun, but when it comes to competing against something I've done or my bloodline then I am fierce when that motivation hits me to do better and push those limits even further.

One of my bloodline's ancestors learned to explore outside of the box where comfort was concerned while writing down stories in their journal.  Nothing earthshattering to be published in a newspaper or anything, but she delved into different arts and aspects of life.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Do You Challenge Yourself?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL