Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:46:53
Page:  1 
Wingly Brothers / Farnum & Hailey Circus! Started by: Isabella-Luciano on Aug 15, '18 05:10

FOR A LIMITED ENGAGEMENT IN THE MOTOR CITY

Ladies & Gentlemen - Boys & Girls of ALL ages!
Step right up and experience the wonder of this age!
Sit in the same tent with animals from all corners of the Earth!
Thrill at the stunts and tricks done by our performers!
Marvel at the Magical Feats and Laugh Along with the Clowns!
And If You Have the Nerve...
Ponder the Freakish Nature of Traveling Menagerie of Curiosities!
For a Limited Time Only Come to the Big Top and Witness
The Most Amazing Show on Earth!

🦁🐘🤸🎪 Wingly Brothers / Farnum & Hailey Circus 🎪🤸🐘🦁

A giant circus tent sat on the edge of Detroit, with several smaller tents around it, animal cages, wagons, and a small midway featuring food and trinket vendors.  

Posters hang around town praising the wonders to behold at the circus!  Everything from dogs, ducks, and chickens who do tricks, to a donkey and pigs who perform musically.  Some speak of "The Conqueror of the Congo and Adventurer of Africa" Frank Buck who is supposed to be at every show - a true hero who has hunted and captured some of the most dangerous wild animals on the planet.  Other posters talk about the freak shows, the clowns, acrobats, and the exotic animals of shapes and sizes.

The smell of fresh peanuts, the music of a calliope, the buzz of people talking all around you as they make their way through the circus grounds to visit all the sideshows and eventually - enter the big top.

The circus is a great place to take friends and family for a bit of entertainment.

It's also, a field day for a criminal - whether you're a pickpocket looking to lift wallets and jewels, a con man hoping to work the rubes, or even a big boss taking a potential partner out for a bit of fun ... the circus is a great place to pop by. 

Report Post Tip

Victor_Zsasz  hears the talk in the city about a new circus being opened at the outskirts of Downtown DT and, even though he's on the hunt, he decides to take a little break and go visit it, as he might find one of his targets at the circus.

He doesn't hide in the shadows as usual, nor walks as a ghost. He doesn't hide at all but is visible towards everyone, only his guns not being visible. He enters in the circus area, walking by people looking all around him, as well as at the tents with animals and attractions but stops in front of the tiger cage looking at the animal, thinking, admiring it "A caged hunter" he thinks to himself, but doesn't do anything but look in its eyes to understand its pain and sadness before moving on and reaching the Lions' cage where, the lioness is unsettled, impatient, roaring and walking uneasy all the time all around the cage and when seeing Victor she charges at the bars between them, thus telling him, that she's uncomfortable with her current location and situation.

"If she's here, she was careless. Nothing I can do about this." he thinks again as he moves on admiring the exotic hunters that area but caged now. Maybe it was them being careless, or their hunters being better. Nevertheless, Victor can still analyze the situations here and learn from the mistakes that some of the animals have done.

Eventually, he arrives at the staging area. Looking around, there are lots of common folks chattering about and wanting to enter. Some even asking him to buy them the ticket, but being ignored instead. He buys himself a ticket and goes in to watch the show as he's quite curious to see if his target will go in or not as well as see how this show will be performed as.

Report Post Tip

Lordian hadn't been to Detroit in a dog's age, which was a real shame since he only lived in Chicago. Every time he came up here it looked new and different. A sign of the times perhaps, of how fast the world moved now and how slow he seemed to be, simply unable to keep up with it. As he was having his breakfast that morning and reading the paper, an ad for the circus being in town was there. He hadn't been to one of those yet, and he could use with a good old stretch of the legs, so he decided then, over his grapefruit that he would conduct business in the morning, and give himself the afternoon off to enjoy the circus.

As he approached the place he recognized the layout. There was only one entrance and exit, and all of the tents and vendors were set up so that you had to pass by most of them to get to the big tent. A good, solid business plan if there ever was one.

He stopped in one tent along the way when he heard some gasps from inside. He paid his nickel for admission and peered his eyes upon the worlds largest rat. The poster said it was from some place in South America called Peru. It was the size of a dog. And not a small yappy dog either, no. This rat had to be 40 lbs. It's tail looked more like a length of rope than anything as it swished about the enclosure. It probably couldn't fit in any cage that would have held a rat anyway, and the enclosure allowed for people to throw cheese or pellets down to it. You could buy those too in the tent for a couple of cents a piece.

As he made his way back outside thinking he had spent his money on a sight, though not one he couldn't have found on his own, he decided to grab some roasted peanuts and head for the big tent.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Assunto walked passed a couple posters on his way back from the office, where he ran his business from. Whilst passing these he knew this was a golden opportunity and one he certainly wasn't going to pass up. As a truly seasoned politician he schemed, and a plan was drawn up. Together with a couple of his new associates he planned to go down to the circus.

Walking up to the circus grounds Assunto and his associates set their eyes on the prize, the massive amount of youngsters that had amassed to view the spectacles of the circus. Walking in he saw the glances of people diverting the second he looked in their direction.

Walking up to the carnival stands, where lots of kids were gathered to watch and play the games Assunto sought the gaze of the people in charge. After finding them in the crowd he took them aside and spoke to them, after a while he pulled a bundle of 100$ bills out of his inner pocket. Paying the men royally he asked that the kids were allowed to play for free for the rest of the night.

The goal of this whole ordeal was to leave these kids with a small inkling of how life would be if they would join up later in life. Knowing that this wouldn't only effect the kids but also their parents and whomever they told. 

Heading back from the circus after watching the wild animal spectacle in a tent filled to the brim with people, Assunto was content with this day. He made a small investment which he hoped would pay off in the future, and he made himself look great in front of the entire Detroit community.

Ak hears talk of a circus in town from a few friends, perfect timing for his weekend off doing the usual.
He wanders down to the edge of town hoping with all his heart they have lions and monkeys as he has never seen them before and wishes to so much, as he hears he can see the tents tower above all the people and several smaller tent's he walked straight to the tents with the exotic animals and marveled at all the different species, he stood there for what seemed like forever taking in all their beauty before walking further into the circus.

As he walked the smell of fresh peanuts caught his attention so he went to get a cup, as he ate his peanuts he walked around laughing at the clowns and the freakshow alley and also the performers doing unique and exquisite stunts just absorbing the circus atmosphere.

After a long day of taking I all the sites so returned home happy as ever having finally seen a lion and a monkey,he wandered if the circus would come back again some time soon..

"Gosh dayum! Look at the size of that thing, or that beast rather!"

I happily shouted from the top of my lungs as my eyes gazed at the rat that was displayed inside the tent I had jsut entered. There was no one beside me that I was speaking to in particular, and caused a few heads to quirk their eyebrows at me, but I didn't care too much about how weird I sounded because I was solely captivated on the majestic rat. 

I suddenly felt a warm sensation in my mind, that I had been making productive moves for the day. Nothing better than dropping by to my boss' new entertainment block. A circus, what a fantastic way to showcase talents and tricks from around the world, as well as acting as a social empire for those who would like to interact more with the other residents of Detroit. I decided to follow people's lead back out of the tent as people were being attracted to the acrobats in the other circus shelter, which was undeniably packed. The scene invited seemed to invite no space for me, but I was able to peek from outside because of the little crack of the curtain at the entrance where curious minds would dare enter. 

As I went on just minding my own business, admiring the hectic events that were ocurring around me, I suddenly feel a hand go towards my purse because of the straps on my shoulders that felt like they were being tugged. My reflexes caused me to think quick, and I immediately went into defense mode as I looked back to the man with a scowl on my face. I must have looked like a mad woman ready to pounce on its prey, except I wanted nothing to do with this failure of a pickpocketer. "Come on now.. if you're going to pick my pocket, can you at least do it well?" 

Apart from the fact that I was slightly irritated by his attempt to grab into my purse and hopefully find something valuable, I was also disappointed that he had failed an act like this. Nonetheless, I decided to kill the situation with kindness and sweetly offer him a hot jam donut from one of the food vendors. There was a moment of hesitation between us, but he agreed with my proposal eventually and gladly took the cash I provided upfront. 

I walked away feeling hungry and moody. "There goes my lunch for the day." I sighed recklessly. I swear, some people take my kindness for a weakness...

The day was great and Flexx was going to take advantage of every free moment he had. The hustle never slept. Flexx was out with a few of his guards Taga and Matua. Taga had tipped him about a circus in town. Something that exciting couldn’t be passed up. Matua was driving and Flexx was sitting shotgun. Taga was in the back seat lighting a blunt. They head over to the circus and they park about a block away. There was a nice crowd and it looked like there was a lot going on. There were signs which displayed great entertainment, and they were definitely trying to enjoy themselves. They walk up to the entrance and approach the ticket booth.

“Three! Adults! Haha”

Flexx says with a giggle as the gentleman hands them three entry tickets. Flexx turns and passes Taga and Matua their ticket as they make their way into the circus. As they walked they were looking at everything available. They saw one advertisement that poked out more than the others. Something about the Congo, and Adventure in Africa. The name Frank Buck, which was most likely seen in the papers as some time.

“A True Hero? Oh yeah, we gotta check that out. Taga go score us a few tickets, imma look for something to eat and drink. See who else is out here today. Meet us at that tent in about twenty, or thirty minutes.”

Flexx said as he passed Taga some cash. Taga went his way and Matua and Flexx started to make their way to see what other exciting moments would present themselves. It looked to be plenty. As they continue to walk Matua pauses all of a sudden and Flexx halts wondering why. There was a sound. It sounded like singing, or a party. They looked at each other before making their way over to where the party sounded like it was coming from. As they pull back the tent to peak, they could see a few pigs, a donkey, and it looked like a sheep. They was singing and dancing to a tune. As they stood watching the show in amazement, Flexx pulls a blunt out and lights it. He takes a long drag and passes it to Matua.

Marta had finally made her way back to Detroit, she had been on a quick or what felt like a quick trip out to the Windy City to handle some business that needed handled. It got handled in an orderly fashion but now she was back in Detroit and quite happy to be back. She made her way out of the airport and made her way to the street to catch a cab. 

She held her hand up to wave one down when she noticed a flashy poster that was pinned to one of the telephone poles. It definitely got her attentions as she quickly put her hand down and made her way over to it. She read the title on the poster: 

🦁🐘🤸🎪 Wingly Brothers / Farnum & Hailey Circus 🎪🤸🐘🦁

The pictures of the animals on the poster made her smile, there was just something about animals that made her happy. 

She read further down the poster and saw that this circus had a pig and a donkey that was musically inclined, Marta raised an eyebrow. "Musically pig and a musically donkey, what the....." Before she was able to finish her train of thought a cab sped up to where she was standing and slammed on his brakes. 

"Ma'am, need a cab... Ma'am?"

Marta took her attentions off of the poster momentarily to look through the window of the cab. 

"Yeah I do, give me a second!"

She reached up towards the poster, ripping it off the telephone pole then got into the cab. The driver turned around to inquire where he needed to take her. 

"Where to?"

She was about to tell him the address to the Luciano Estate but the poster in her hand drew her attentions once more. 

"You know what, you can take me here."

She took the poster and turned it around to show the driver. 

"Ah the circus, ok ok."

He stepped on the gas and took off towards where the circus was set up. It took a good 20 minutes or more to get there but they did make it. As soon as they pulled up it smelled like circus. You know the mixture of roasted peanuts, cotton candy and elephant poo. Just the thought of the elephant made her chuckle to herself, brought back the memory of letting them loose from the zoo in Chicago. 

That's when the thought of Roscoe popped in her head, her new fur baby that was currently still in Chicago with WillieNelson. She had only been in Detroit 30 minutes now and was already missing the little guy. With a sigh she folded up then tucked the poster into her bag and pulled out some money for the driver. 

It was now time to go find these musical animals and go see what else this circus had to offer. After a couple steps of walking in the circus ground Marta heard a very specific squeak. It was a squeak she was all too familiar with. "Roscoe!?" she thought to herself but she knew it couldn't be him. 

"THEY HAVE MONKEYS!"

She didn't realize how loud she actually was until a couple of heads turned in her direction. 

"I must have said that a bit loud, sorry everyone."

Now she was on a mission, she needed to find that monkey.  

Report Post Tip

Walking around in the motor city, there was this advertisment, a poster, I guess it is called. A um, circus? I did not know what that was exactly. When I was growing up in France, I did not remember ever going to one, muchless, if there was even one in town or anywhere . As I was reading the poster, there would be all kinds of things to see, food and  what they called , the big top, whatever that was. I read on there animals playing music, that I HAD to see, that was almost unbelieveable. I wondered if Tenkai had trained then, I giggled a little bit at that idea. At the botton of the poster was where it would be held, and I thought about where I was currently and where it was.. I knew where it was, and it would not be far. I hopped into my car and told the driver, who did seem to know where it was. Heeh, I wondered if he had gone already himself, he did have children in his family, after all.

After the driver parked, I asked him what I should see first. He cleared his throat for a second and said ( of course lying through his pearly whites), he had not been to this, and why would he go.. that it was for children. I of course caught on that he did not want me to know he actually did go. I of course did not let on that I knew he was full of it and let him keep that to himself, as far as he knew anyways. he would sit in the car waiting til I was finished, He said he had things he could do to pass time unless he was called out for something. I left the car and looked all over at what would be in front of me...(besides lots of people)

I took a deep breath, I hated being around lots of people. I opened the jacket and made sure my gun was holstered well and full loaded. I was not above a shoot out if I  had to. We all know some bastard will be causing a ruckous probably, and I would not let that guy ruin my first expereince. 

My eyes about popped out of my head , as I entered through this so called admission, I could not believe all of the things I was seeing, tents all over, people all over carrying all kinds of food and balloon ani9nals I guess, as one looked like a dog or a sword. Jugguling clowns were everywhere, running around people with some show they were doing. I was famished, so I hit up one of the food places. I ordered a soft pretzel, hamburger with the works,  a soda, and sat down at one of the picnic tables in the small area . I sure was not going to walk around like this  and spill something or have some stupid kid run into me running around acting stupid. As I was eating, slowly, I was thinking about what to attend first, I had not ever been to one, so I really did not know, but a nice thing to remember this experience, what do you call those?  Well, anyways, whatever that is.

Report Post Tip
I heard there was a circus in town so I thought it could be fun. And besides. I always wanted to ride a elephant so I went in and seen all kinds of fun things then I tried rideing a elephant and i got aressed and let out after some time so I went back and seen a beautiful woman.

"Hi Wanna help me ride a elephant?"

The woman laughed and replyed "well that sounds like fun but I thought we can't just do that" I take her by the hand leading her "watch me" we get to the elephant and I finely get to ride it then I fall off the woman helps me up after standing I look at her

"Hi. I'm Vincent. Wanna go get a drink"

The women smiles taking my hand

"I'd love to"

So we go to a place that sells drinks
Report Post Tip

The sun has set for yet another day and Lushie was back at the headquarters in her room and she was wondering what to do with her evening. She had already had her evening meal out at the Greek restaurant in Downtown, earlier in the afternoon and her own establishment was left in capable hands for the night too. 

She made herself down the winding stairs of the lighthouse to check out the book by the telephone, of a variety of establishments owned by people known in Detroit to get an idea what to do with her spare time. It was then she noticed her boss lady, Don Isabella owned one she had not spotted before on the edge of Detroit. Immediately, and if it was fate to be, Lushie ran up the stairs to get ready to make her way to it. It had that novelty factor to it, something different. "Makes a change" Lushie muttered as she pulled on her favourite boots.

Once she was sorted she made her way out of the lighthouse and got one of the drivers for the family give her lift to the location of Farnum & Hailey Circus. She left her inner child to grow excited the closer that they got. She could not even remember the last time she saw a clown, nevermind the other things a circus had to offer. 

Finally, she had arrived at the establishment and made her way in to walk around. Her eyes just did not know where to look, there were people everywhere looking at the variety of entertainments on offer or simply grabbing some of the foods on offer from the variety of stalls like hot dogs, donuts and the smell of the peanuts was to die for. 

Lushie grabbed herself some of the peanuts and made her way towards the giant tent of the circus and purchased a ticket to enter to watch the entertainment inside. She took her seat as the show proceeded to begin. She witnessed the talents of many kinds of entertainers, from acrobats, animal tamers of many animals and the clowns acting goofy doing many fun things. One even rode a unicycle as he honked his horn, the children there seemed to love that the most. 

The lions are what amazed Lushie the most, "Just how can he get so close to that beast" she muttered as she watched the tamer control what the big cat did. "No way I'd do that" she continued to mutter in amazement as she watched the lion jump through hoops, literally. She couldn't help but see the funny side, she had no fear of being around people with guns or baseball bats but would be a trembling wreck with a giant cat. 

After the show was over, everyone stood up and the sound of the applause went bellowing around the tent like it was music in its own right. Truly amazed in what she witnessed, Lushie left the big tent to walk around the grounds of the circus, visiting the variety of talented animals she saw doing their acts in their cages. These were truly the times to discover things you won't see in your own country. It truly was an educational visit and not just a good time out. 

Lushie nipped to a restroom after a bit to wash her hands before going to another stall to grab a hot dog and a drink before meeting her driver to take her home. "Oh what a night," she said happily to the driver as she got into the car, she knew tonight she would have plenty to talk to the others about at home. She couldn't believe how she missed this gem of a place before, for sure she'll be back soon.

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $160,000 Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Wingly Brothers / Farnum & Hailey Circus!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL