Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 06:59:18
Page:  1 
Old Country Drama Started by: NicodemoMangana on Aug 18, '18 08:37

Little Nicky was at Uncle Joe's office, having a cigar and talking. He had just received an important task from the Don. In a few days, he should be arriving in the old country, Sicily, in Palermo, with a suitcase full of money. The money should be delivered to the boss of all bosses of Palermo, the old Don Zalapi. The coschi of Zalapi controlled an important cocaine route, responsible for distributing the product  to other provinces of Italy and Sicily, and also for Joseph Ligambi, in America. Joseph, better known as Uncle Joe, had a history of successful negotiations with Zalapi.

Twice a year, since the two bosses started working together with cocaine specifically, Uncle Joe Ligambi flew to Sicily with a suitcase full of money, to personally deliver it to Zalapi. The money contained the amount needed to maintain the flow of cocaine to America for one semester. He would also took the opportunity to visit his family, in Castellammare del Golfo, and some friends, in the old country. Twice a year.

This year, Uncle Joe had already made the first visit. But now he was so busy with new business and everything that was going on, that he could not make the trip himself. So, he decided to send his left hand man, Nicodemo Mangana, instead. Also a sicilian, also a important person in the United States underworld. The old Zalapi would not be offended.

"Tell him I won't miss it next year, Nicky. Also, send this to the old man" - Uncle Joe said, giving Nicky a small black velvet box, which obviously contained a luxurious wristwatch inside - "His birthday is coming."

After a little more talk, Nicky said goodbye to Uncle Joe and went to make the preparations for the trip.

Report Post Tip

(...)

Three days later, everything was arranged. Nicky decided to take Rosaleen with him. They had worked together on some schemes and Nicky found out that Rosaleen was a very strong and capable woman. He enjoyed her company. So, they took a private flight to Sicily, to Santa Cristina Gela, in the surroundings of Palermo, where Nicky was born and where his family still lived. They would stay a few days in his family's house, until the meeting with Don Zalapi.

A car was waiting on the small landing field when they arrived. A pair of brothers, both cousins of Nicodemo, were in charge of the security of their guests. One of them, named Fantino, was behind the wheel. The other, Carinu, had a lupara, the famous Sicilian shotgun, hanging from his shoulder.

"Cugino! Long time no see!" Carinu said, while hugging Nicky. Then, Fantino also got out of the car and gave Nicky a hug. "Nico, it's been a while. Come stai?"

"Bene, bene. E tu?" Nicky asked. The trio was speaking in English mixed with the local Sicilian dialect. Nicky had instructed them to learn the English language, so he would take them to America with him.

"Sto meglio ora, Nico! Better now! It's nice to see you!" Then, the brothers finally looked to Rosaleen. "Oh, sorry for my rudeness, my lady. Mi chiamo Fantino, and this is my brother, Carinu! What is your name?"

Report Post Tip

Rosaleen was so excited that NicodemoMangana had invited her to join him on his trip to Sicily.  It would give her the chance to visit with her father in Vergine Maria a small Province of Palermo. It had been 2 years since I last saw him.  She starts reminiscing.

Before my father for his safety had to leave the city and move back to Sicily we saw each other more often.  A man of Italian accent having 2 children out of wedlock with a Creore woman was definitely taboo.  But he loved my mother and he loved us.  He never missed our birthday whether he was with us or not.  Made sure we had all we needed.  I was always fascinated with the way he conducted business and wanted him to teach me the business as he taught my brother.  I don’t know all the details, just bits and pieces but a lot of trouble broke out and he forced to go back to the old country.  He kind of stuck back in a few times teaching my mother how to maintain all the business.

la mia bellissima principessa segret,” he would say to me, my beautiful secret princess.

One day he told me he never wanted me to get into this life but knew it was in my blood.  From that day I was in this thing of ours. I started learning and learning from the best.

Report Post Tip
Rosaleen realizing she was day dreaming gets back to what she was doing.  She finished packing her bags. Called Bently (that’s another long story) and they headed to the airport.  

The flight into Sicily had a little more turbulence than she would have liked but they arrived safely.  

A car was waiting on the small landing field when we arrived. As we approached the people waiting for us I watched Nicky get a warm greeting. 
Fantino turned to me and introduced himself and his brother Carinu.
Mi chiamo Rosaleen and that’s the only Italian I know. 
Report Post Tip

Fantino laughed at Rosaleen's answer.  He and his brother were quite alike, and both wore simple peasant clothes. Carinu was using a beret.

"Rosaleen, what a beautiful name! No problem, no problem, we can speak in English!" he said, with a very heavy accent. "Come on, Nicky's mother can't wait to see him."

The group got into the car and then headed to Santa Cristina Gela.

(...)

Nicky's family house was a simple house outside. It looked like a common house. Inside, however, it was very well furnished and cozy. His mother's name was Gerlanda. His father's, Alceu. They were both old and very simple persons. Nicky was their youngest son. The oldest, named Alceu like the father, died many years ago, at the request of a former local mafia boss, who had also died a few years later.

Nicky tried so many times to take his parents to America with him, but they never agreed on that. Most of the Sicilians would prefer to smell the shit of their villages than the best perfumes in Paris. So, he just made their home comfortable and assured they would never have a hard time in life again.

Rosaleen, Nicky and his parents were talking about that and a lot of other things since they arrived at the house, after a very warm welcome from Nicky's parents. The cousins, Fantino and Carinu, were patrolling the street, outside. After all, two important figures of the Las Vegas Mob were in town. You never know. Finally, Nicky's mother, Gerlanda, said she was going to make dinner for them. His father went out to smoke a cigarette.

Nicky and Rosaleen were left alone in the room.

"Rosaleen, the meeting with Don Zalapi will happen in two days. We are going to stay here unless you have any plans."

He stared at Rosaleen, waiting for an answer.

Report Post Tip

Meeting Nicky’s family was one of the best times I have ever had.  Of course, I would stay. Everyone was so warm and friendly. His mother even had one of my favorite dishes prepared Beef and Cheese Manicotti.  I was just like Momma Rosa had made it. 

Momma Rosa is my father’s mother.  She is the only one in the family that knows I exist.  My father’s father was deceased so he would never deny his the mother of not knowing her grandchildren. She accepted us as any grandmother would.

After a couple of  Campari’s, we laughed until some shed tears.  It was the essence of what it means to be loved, supported and accepted by the people who mean the most.

After dinner I helped Nicky’s mother Gerlanda with the dishes and had a pleasant conversation while the other drank more Campari and talked a lot of shit.  When we finished Nicky and I found some quiet time outside.

Nicky, there is something I need to tell you and only because I deeply trust you.  My father is Sicilian and lives here in Palermo. I am his secret daughter and hope you understand what I am saying.  He has a small private villa in Vergine Maria not far from here and I would like to you take me there tomorrow to meet him.  He is already expecting us.  I rather no one else knows. Nicky nodded in agreement.

So after we meet tomorrow maybe we can just do some sightseeing until we have to meet with Don Zalapi.

Report Post Tip

Nicky listened to Rosaleen and nodded.

"Ok, Rosaleen. I will talk to my cousins. They will take us there tomorrow morning. We better have some rest now."

He wished Rosaleen a good night and left the room, then went out to talk to his cousins. When everything was settled, he returned to the house. Rosaleen was already in the guest room, and Nicky just took a shower and went to his own room.

The next morning, when Rosaleen woke up, Nicky was already waiting for her, drinking some coffee.

Report Post Tip

Even though Rosaleen felt exhausted she could hardly sleep.  The anticipation of seeing her father made her toss and turn under the beautiful handmade quilt.  She woke up to the sun blazing in the window.  She showered dress and made her way downstairs to the fresh smell of coffee.

She joined Nicky and his mother at the table.  Nicky poured her a cup of coffee and  Gerlanda offered her breakfast which she declined, she was way too excited to eat.

She turned to Nickky with a concerned look on her face.

Nicky do you mind if we take this trip alone.  Due to the circumstances, I told you about it would be better if we just go together.  Once we get up the coast to Badheria I know the way from there.

Nicky understood and agreed. He would just take one of his cousin’s cars we would just drive together.

The ride to Vergine Maria was a little longer than I expected but a beautiful ride.  We rode up the coastline through Arenella and arrived at my father’s villa.

I saw my father in the doorway.  His jet black hair had grayed quite a bit, but still the handsome man I admired all my life.  As I jumped out of the car and ran into his arms he said la mia bellissima bambina” my beautiful baby girl.  He hugged me so tight I could hardly breathe. With tears in his eyes, he just turned me around and around.  Then all of a sudden someone stepped up behind him.  I screamed, Momma Rosa. I broke out of his grip and rushed to her. We hugged so long it seemed like I never wanted to let her go.  It was such a wonderful surprise; I didn’t expect to see her.

Wait, wait come I want you to met someone. I waved for Nicky to come in.

As Nicky stepped into the house I introduced him.  This is my dear friend Nicodemo Mangana.   As I told you, Papi, he also has family here and they are wonderful people.  I turned to Nicky.  This is my father Miceli Bianchi and my grandmother Rosa.  Everyone calls her Momma Rosa. 

Report Post Tip
Nicky waited. He did not want to interrupt that familiar moment. When Rosaleen introduced him to her father and grandmother, he smiled jovially. 

"Piacere di conoscerti, Signor Miceli and Momma Rosa. Please, call me Nicky."

Then, he gave them a courteous hug, and they began to talk about their families and their origins in Sicily for a few moments. Nicky felt very comfortable with their presence. When Miceli, Rosaleen's father, offered him a drink, he accepted immediately.

Rosaleen was talking to her grandmother enthusiastically. Miceli, then, said only to Nicky, while he filled his glass with wine.

"So...you and my daughter..."

"Good friends." Nicky replied. "We work together in United States." Nicky knew the sicilian men very well. Especially when it came to parents and daughters.

Miceli smiled to him and nodded. Nicky took another sip of the wine and Momma Rosa brought them back to the conversation, asking what they would like for lunch.

"Whatever you make, that's great for me, Momma Rosa."

She smiled and nodded, and turned to Rosaleen. 

"Rosaleen, any special requests?"

Report Post Tip

Of course, Momma Rosa knew I would have some special request.  She had already prepared some baked Anelletti,  some Caponata because she knew how I loved fried eggplant.  On the far counter, there were some Cannoli and Tiramisu.

During dinner, we all talked and laughed listening to my padre’s stories about his time in the States. After dinner Momma Rosa took Nicky down to the lake and wanted to show him her lovely garden, giving Papi and I a little time to talk. 

My father knew I was here on business with Don Zalapi and like the overprotective father he was, he had his concerns. 

My beautiful Rosaleen.  I am so proud of you and I want you to be proud of your padre.  I love you so much and have been so selfish about my own reputation and concerns.  So many know you are my daughter and it’s time for me not to care if the whole world knows.

Rosaleen, please be careful.  Things aren’t like the old days.  You, youngsters, do things a lot differently.  They want things to fast and don’t care how they obtain them.  Don Zalapi is a man of honor.  Now he has these matones with no respect trying to move in on things.  There’s been a lot of unnecessary killings, not only here but back in the States also.  Trust your own instincts, Rosaleen, remember the things I have taught you,  How’s Bentley, Rosaleen?  I don’t like you traveling without him. 

Rosaleen gave her father a big hug. Bentley is fine, padre. He might be here in a day or so. I will be alright don’t worry.

Well, it was getting late and Rosaleen knew she and Nicky had to get going on their trip back to his house.  Poor Momma Rosa had fallen asleep in her favorite chair.  She walked over to her and kissed her on the forehead.  Momma Rosa moved slightly but didn’t wake up.  I told my father not to wake her, she’s always so sad when I leave.

As my father walked us to the car he turned to Nicky and said “prenditi cura di te e della mia amata figlia” (take good care of yourself and my lovely daughter).  Nicky assured him that he would.  He told us he would be coming to the States in a few weeks and would see us then.

We arrived back at the house really late, it had been a long day and we both were very tired, we had a quick drink
chatted a few minutes and went to bed.

Report Post Tip

(...)

Nicky was lying on his bed, staring at the ceiling. What a pleasant day he had, meeting Rosaleen's father and grandmother. And Sicily, what a fantastic place. Intriguing. Beautiful. And his family, it was so great to see them again. The next day, however, was going to be the big day. The day of the meeting with Don Zalapi, the reason they were there. Nicky could not help being a little apprehensive. Thinking about these and other things, he fell asleep. The trip to Vergina Maria had been long and tiring, although very pleasurable.
 He woke up early the next morning, had his breakfest. Then, he had a shower, shaved, and dressed in a nice suit. It was important to look impeccable. When he left his bedroom, Rosaleen was already waiting, and Nicky smiled to her.

"We better get going, uh?"

As she nodded, they went both outside the house. His parents were there, sitting on a chair and talking. When they saw them, they got up. First, they hugged their son, and then Rosaleen, wishing them everything to go well in the meeting. Fantino was waiting outside the car, the same they used the day before. They got into the car, Fantino in the driver seat, Nicky by his side and Rosaleen in the back seat, with the suitcase. Nicky lit a cigarette, Fantino started the car and they headed to Palermo, by the winding dirt roads of Sicily.

(...)

The black car parked in front of the Vecchio Sogno restaurant, in Palermo. That was where the meeting would take place. Vecchio Sogno was a traditional restaurant in the area, and Don Zalapi was the owner. Outside, three men were on the sidewalk, all openly armed. When they saw Nicky and Rosaleen, they pointed inward, indicating that they should enter. So they did, as Fantino joined the bodyguards outside.

Don Zalapi was sitting alone at a table farther away. Two bodyguards were eating, sitting at a table next to his. Beyond them, there was only one waiter. The place was obviously closed for the meeting.

Nicky and Rosaleen approached the Don. He was very fat, and very old. But a very respectable man. He emanated power, even just sitting there, waiting for his lunch. Zalapi got up from his chair and gave them a fatherly hug, and spoke with a very thick and loaded voice. 

"Infine! Nicodemo e Rosaleen. È bello averti qui."

"It's an enormous pleasure to finally meet you, Don Zalapi" Nicky replied. Then, he took a small black velvet box from his suit and gave it to the Don. "This is a gift, from Don Ligambi. Unfortunately, he could not come, but next time he will be here."

The old Don opened the small box and smiled delightedly.

"Joe never loses his good taste. This is a beautiful watch!"

Nicky smiled back and nodded. The Don sat again and invited them to do the same.

"You will have lunch with me. We will deal with business later.", the Don said and gestured to the waiter. The waiter then started to bring several dishes to the table. Grilled squid, spaghetti, and primosale cheese. A banquet. To accompany, a bottle of the delicious local wine. 

They started to eat and the Don asked questions, having a small talk with them. He obviously already knew everything about them.

"Vergina Maria, eh, Rosaleen? Interessante. I have a house there myself. Calm place." 
Report Post Tip

As Rosaleen sat down at the table was taken a little off guard when Don Zalapi said  "Vergina Maria, eh.  She looked quickly over to @LV: NicodemoMangana.  He must have noticed the panic in my eyes for he quickly gave her the reassuring look that everything was cool he hadn’t mentioned her father. Remembering what her father said would take some time. She thought and tried to make sure she said it right “molto piacere di conoscerti “ (very nice to meet you).   Attempting to change the subject she replied, Yes Vergina Maria is a beautiful place and this is a very lovely restaurant here and the food looks wonderful. “  To her relief, Don Zalapi was more interested in what he was being served then chatting with her.

Rosaleen struggled with her grilled squid a little.   It was her first time eating squid, it was just a little chewy and really not to her liking but enjoyed the spaghetti and
primosale cheese.  She ate slowly sipping her wine, checking out Don Zalapi demeanor and others around her.   It was just a force of habit to be completely aware of her surroundings.  

Report Post Tip

Don Zalapi ate avidly. So did Nicky. The meal was delicious. When they finished, the waiter took the dirty dishes, and Don Zalapi refilled his glass of wine, and then Nicky and Rosaleen's. Then he tapped his own belly, with a big smile on his face.

"Con la pancia piena si pensa meglio, eh?" the Don laughed. "Let's talk business. Look, Nicodemo, I know Joe would not send you here if you were not able to decide for him. Due to some operational problems, I'll have to charge you 10% more than usual this year, for our business."

The Don said that and shrugged as if apologizing.

"Operational problems?" Nicky said calmly, trying not to show his disapproval.

"Well, there is a group of men, here in Palermo, which has been creating problems, specifically on my coke routes. They attack my trucks and my ships. I'm dealing with them, but they're slippery."

Nicky took a sip of wine, to calm down. What happened to the strong Don Zalapi he heard about? Was the man becoming soft?

"All due respect, Don Zalapi, that seems to be your problem," Nicky replied, and then smiled to soften his words.

"You know how it works, Nicodemo, come on. This group...they call themselves Nova Era. They are animals. I'll eliminate them soon...I just can not start an openly bloody war now. Not during the national election period. I have important friends in Rome who would be harmed if that happened.

Nicky reasoned for a moment. The fact that Don Zalapi did not want to attract that kind of attention was understandable, he probably had politicians patronized by him who could be harmed. But charge the Ligambi family did not seem right. 

Before Nicky could respond, a shot echoed outside, followed by many others. The two bodyguards who were at the next table, got up and ran outside. Nicky glanced at Rosaleen quickly as he took out his revolver and got up too. Then he looked at Don Zalapi. The old Don was furious. 

"Animali!" Zalapi screamed. "How dare they?!" His face was purple.

From the outside, they could hear someone screaming "Lunga vita alla nuova era!!!" and an intense shooting. A shot splintered the glass of the restaurant's facade. They could see Don Zalapi's bodyguards hiding behind the car, shooting back at the attackers. Nicky could not see how many they were.

"Rosaleen, stay with Don Zalapi!" Nicky said, and bent down, sneaking toward the door to get a better idea of ​​what to do next.

He could not see the waiter, unnoticed until then, pull out a pistol and point at Don Zalapi and Rosaleen...
Report Post Tip

Rosaleen saw the waiter pointing the gun and dropped to the floor, under the table.  She took her pistol out of her purse. quickly came up and shot the waiter in the upper chest near his arm and he dropped the gun, hit the floor in agony.  She moves quickly and recovered his gun.  He would have to answer questions later.  She ran to Don Zalapi and they rushed behind the large bar for cover. She looked at Nicky by the door and he motioned for them to stay down. 

Report Post Tip

Nicky heard a shot from the inside of the restaurant and looked back for a moment. The waiter was agonizing on the floor. When he realized that the situation was under control there, he turned his attention to the outside again, where things were ugly. He managed to glimpse the outside. Two of Don Zalapi's men were lying down. One had been hit in the shoulder and it did not look so serious. The other, however, lay dead, his eyes wide and staring into nowhere.

On the enemy side, Nicky could not see much. He saw that there were two cars in the street blocking the passage. Behind these cars, some silhouettes, but he could not say how many. One of the enemies began to advance, firing at the bodyguards of Don Zalapi with his lupara. From where he was, he had not noticed Nicky hiding inside the restaurant but Nicky could see him clearly. So, Nicky aimed and fired. Bang bang. The man fell on a deadly wound.

Amid the shouting and shots, Nicky quickly analyzed the possibilities. They were outnumbered. Their bullets would not last forever. Whenever the enemies had the possibility to advance further, they would do it and that could be the end for Nicky, Rosaleen, Don Zalapi and his men. 
Not knowing what to do, Nicky sneaked back fast to Rosaleen and Don Zalapi, just in time to hear the Don saying something.

"In the back there is an exit, through the kitchen!" Don Zalapi said.

"They must be trying to get in there too!" Rosaleen said, looking at the Don. 

"I always leave at least two of my men there. If these maledettos had gotten in, they'd be here already." the Don replied.

"Seems like our best option" Nicky intervened.

Saying this, Nicky immediately took the lead and started sneaking toward the kitchen. Don Zalapi followed immediately and Rosaleen remembered the suitcase with the money, quickly going to get it. She passed the unconscious waiter and grabbed the briefcase, reaching for the other two soon after. 

When they arrived in the kitchen, Nicky, the first in line, immediately saw Don Zalapi's cook lying on the floor. He was lying on his back, and it was possible to see a bullet hole in his chest. His white uniform was all stained with blood. So was the floor. The door at the other end of the kitchen was ajar. From that side, too, there was confusion. The shots rang out.

Nicky signaled for the others to wait and moved forward a little, to the door. He peeked out: Don Zalapi's men on that side seemed to be luckier. The attack on that side had been less intense. Don Zalapi's enemies obviously hoped to have finished him inside the restaurant, and sent only two of theirs to the back of the place, just to make sure Don Zalapi did not escape. The two enemies found the two bodyguards of the Don who were there and, then, Nicky stepped outside just in time to see the last of the two enemies fall dead. One of Don's bodyguards turned angrily to go back inside and suddenly found Nicky standing there at the door. 

"WHERE IS DON ZALAPI?" the man shouted.

Don Zalapi appeared at the door, behind Nicky. 

"Sono qui." the old Don said. "Go get the car!"

The man seemed relieved to see his boss there. Immediately he hurried down the corridor to the street to fulfill Don's command.
Report Post Tip

Roseleen kept staring behind her, gun drawn. 

How far is the damn car?  We are not going to be able to stay here long. She starting looking around for another escape route but didn’t see any.  She heard a car coming up fast and felt a sigh of relief.

Report Post Tip
The man brought the car over quickly. In a rush, Nicky, Rosaleen and the other bodyguard led Don Zalapi to the vehicle, down the corridor. 
The bodyguard, Don Zalapi and Rosaleen entered the backseat. Nicky sat in the front seat. The driver started the car and when it started moving, another shot echoed, hitting the car's body. The enemies fighting in front of the restaurant finally made it through the interior and almost reached them in the back. Nicky sadly thought about his cousin, as the car drove away toward Don Zalapi's villa. No one was able to follow them.

(...)

Inside the living room of Don Zalapi's villa, there was a mixture of tension and anger. There were Don Zalapi, Nicky, Rosaleen and Vittorio, Don Zalapi's right hand.

"How dare they? Figli di puttana!" the Don raged.

"I can't believe they made an attempt on your life, Don Zalapi. It's unacceptable." Vittorio replied.

"Animals. They are fucking animals...'Nuova Era'"- the Don stammered with disdain - "I'll show them."

Nicky and Rosaleen were silent. Nicky's clothes were crumpled and dirty, and Rosaleen had managed to keep the suitcase with the money, even with all that mess. Don Zalapi was looking at her.

"You. You saved my life from that waiter disgraziato. I'll never forget that."

He continued to stare at her.
Report Post Tip

Not a very good shot, Rosaleen laughed.  Wanted it right between the eyes.  I was a little off but got the job done. I know when your men get finished with him, he will wish he was dead.  His wish might come true.  A burst of laughter filled the room. 

But this is no laughing matter.  I am just happy you are alright Don Zalapi.  My father has told me of these thugs around here trying to move in.  Not working for anything.  I mean no disrespected Don Zalapi but you must be more careful.  It's not like the old days where you could have a nice meal in your favorite restaurant. 

Don Zalapi came over to Rosaleen took  her  by the shoulders, kissed both cheeks,
Non ti preoccupare Rosaleen, you don't have to worry.  The attack on me tonight is not going to sit well with a lot of people. 

Enough of that for tonight. Vittorio get us some drinks.

He turns to Nicky, let's get back down to business.

Report Post Tip
Vittorio poured them the drinks. It was good to be able to drink anything, after all. The last few hours were intense. And that was the extraordinary thing about the sicilians. Even after such a violent event, it was a matter of honor to finalize the deal.

"Where were we, Nicodemo?"

Nicky remembered that the negotiation was not in a very pleasant moment when they were cut short earlier.

"Don Zalapi, you were saying something about a raise...un aumento del dieci percento."

Don Zalapi shook his index finger vigorously.

"Aumento? How could I do that? After what happened today? The price continues as before."

Nicky took a sip of his drink. He did not show it, but he was very pleased with Don Zalapi's decision. Then he got up, went to the old man and gave him a hug.

"Thank you, Don Zalapi. " 

Don Zalapi nodded. Rosaleen, who had also stood up, hugged the Don too. It was a sign that they had come to an agreement.
She handed the suitcase to Vittorio, who was not much younger than Don Zalapi. He took the suitcase and then hugged the Ligambi's, Nicky and Rosaleen, as well.
 Don Zalapi went to the window and looked out of his property. His villa was heavily guarded, an old and very beautiful building.
 "For me, it does not matter anymore how Rome will see this case", he stammered to himself.

Nicky understood immediately. The Don's fury would fall upon those men who tried to deprive him of power. He would no longer worry about the impact of his violence on the elections.

Don Zalapi finally turned to them. Everyone was staring at him.

"Well, Nicodemo and Rosaleen, you are my guests. Stay as long as you want. Vittorio, seguimi."

The Don said good-bye and headed for his office, and Vittorio followed him.

Nicky looked at Rosaleen. Wow. What a day. They talked briefly and each one went to a room, guided by an old maid. They should take a shower and stay until it was safe to travel back to Santa Cristina Gela.

Report Post Tip

Rosaleen went to the car and grabbed her overnight bag where she had a change of clothes.  The maid escorted her to a very nice bedroom with a private bath. She took a long hot shower.  She dried off, slipped into her under clothes and the beautiful bathrobe that the maid left with her towels, then laid across the bed. 

She was waking to a rising sun and a knock on the door.

Rosaleen, Rosaleen I heard Nicky saying. Come on it safe for us to leave. 

OK, Nicky, I will be ready in a couple of minutes.  I quickly threw on my jeans and sweatshirt, threw a hat on my head, threw a few things back in my bag and head downstairs to the car. 

Within minutes we were headed back to Santa Cristina Gela.

We both were a little quiet during the ride back. 

I didn't want to break all the bad news to him about Vincent so I just told him

Nicky we might have to extend our stay just a couple of more days.  We might have to help out some friends of mines and yours.   Lia San Cano AKA  @Stella_DiVasio and  PH>GavinAndTaraByrne

I will give you more details when I get the word.

As I thought Nicky agreed.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Old Country Drama
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL