Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 16:55:45
Page:  1 
LA and what happened. Started by: Salvatore_Luciano on Aug 20, '18 22:38

Vincent was a man we all respect and wanted to see succeed in his run of LA.  But sadly this ended up not being the case, and in the end, the commission made a decision to remove most of the city. This was not something we came to lightly in the least and was discussed over several days before a final decision was made.  

Several points of concern ultimately resulted in this decision.  Activity as well as frequent underreporting and then the rogue led to an atmosphere that we were not comfortable with moving forward. We had several conversations on what to do with LA and it had us torn and we waited hoping things would get better but they didn't. We looked at others ways to handle the problem where Vincent was left but none of it worked. 

Report Post Tip

This makes no sense at all. A rogue only shooting non protected members lead you to an atmosphere where you felt the neeeeeed to wipe a city besides DuClaw lol?

The worst part is the entire night our GFC did not mail us once explaining the situation at hand. This is not good for the new people of our world, when they have no idea what is going on.

Sounds like y'all just killed them to killed them kudos to You guys, however not telling people what's going on during the situation can result to more casuiltites.

Headbutss the wall in disbelief 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Vincent was a man we all respect and wanted to see succeed in his run of LA.

The old man sat and listened patiently to the speech as he reached into his bag of carrots, picked up a big one with respectable girth and started to prepare his special marinade mixture of olive oil and chili while listening to the rest of the speech;

... But sadly this ended up not being the case, and in the end, the commission made a decision to remove most of the city. This was not something we came to lightly in the least and was discussed over several days before a final decision was made. 
Several points of concern ultimately resulted in this decision.  Activity as well as frequent underreporting and then the rogue led to an atmosphere that we were not comfortable with moving forward. We had several conversations on what to do with LA and it had us torn and we waited hoping things would get better but they didn't. We looked at others ways to handle the problem where Vincent was left but none of it worked. 

Bazooka was quick to give a feedback and share his views on the speech, which brought a smile to his face.

Let us not fall into the trap of being appeased and dozed off by the massive bread and circus act, spearheaded by Gaivory. If you focus on the trees you won't be able to see the big forest. 

Vincent was a sentenced man, which most of the current regime feared due to his affiliation and gun.
Any attempt he made to succeed was wing clipped.
L.A. was put under his control and was told that he would be supported and given the aid needed to populate it.
In hindsight, I am certain that there were some fine prints that Vincent missed to read.

His auth suggestions were vetoed or adviced against by the so-called well-wishers.
The candidates were not a suitable fit for the current regime and would upset the other cities. The solution he was offered was DuClaw, Draven's love partner and also her business partner. 
You need a trusted proxy to be your extension when you run a shot report database. Especially a universal one.

Rumour has it that the rogue was a sanctioned one by the current regime, equipped with a kill list.
Since purging is frowned upon, sanctioned rogues are the solution to weed out old citizens with unverified and undesirable family trees.
Expect more modus operandi of this kind, yours truly does.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Honestly, i have not been around enough to understand any ongoing and back office politics between any city and their respective godfathers and leaders. Thats not the reason for my visit here. (well mostly, i do have some questions id like to ask) 

The main reason im here is because more than anything my lines used to talk about how they loved to get their teeth into a good war/take down speech, it would get the masses buzzing, the streets would be lined with all sorts of conflicting feelings and view points, sadly it looks like this doesn't happen much any more, much to the detriment of this place, IMO. 

WHY IS THIS?

Well from turning up and listening to the vert, very short speech, i think the issue lies withing the way it was delivered.  (and i dont mean the  reasoning, well mostly but ill jump into that in a  few seconds.) There is absolutely no sustenance to this speech at all and thats a shame,a s i have said, everybody loves a good speech after an even like this. while it is generally considered common practice to give some kind of reasoning it should also be used to get people out here and debating the logistics, healthily of course.  If my kin was a residence of LA and there was a speech of this, totally lacking in any sustenance, id be pissed not because my father or mother had perished but because the victors come out here with what can be described as a half arsed attempt to explain (irrespective of reasoning, as i am not privy to those) but on sheer lack of effort.

its a sad day when a post war/taken down speech only has two people listing to what has been said and personally i think thats a reflection on this speech was delivered.

Activity as well as frequent underreporting

You need a trusted proxy to be your extension when you run a shot report database. Especially a universal one.

I dont know how true this is, as like i say, im not privy to the back office stuff.  However, id like to think that this isnt true. If it was, then i can assure you that there will be plenty of folk "under reporting" 

We looked at others ways to handle the problem where Vincent was left but none of it worked. 

Id be interested to see what other methods where trialed before it all come to ahead. I ask this simply because ive been away for such a  ong time it would be good to know the current ethos on certain behaviors and accepted attitudes. Which i suppose is the main underlying tone of my speech. As i dont really see a great deal of debates out here anymore , like i say, even on a war/takedown speech. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: LA and what happened.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL