Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 09:17:23
Page:  1 
Defiance Started by: Luna on Sep 25, '18 02:07

Who could blame her?

She was having the time of her life, and was drunk off two bottles of vodka too - so she didn't really have time to be arguing with the local sheriff. He had one arm resting upon the roof of her car, and the other was on his hip. Luna felt like sinking into a corner under his harsh stare, but he did good at maintaining it. She gave up trying to avoid eye contact, and instead returned the same stares he was giving. The cop took this as an act of rebellion, and he immediately ordered for Luna to get out of the car.

"Both hands on the front of the car please." The police ordered, and took out those silver handcuffs from his belt before securing them around Luna's wrists.

"You're done for, missy. Intoxicated while drinking is something we do not tolerate, and your actions have definite consequences." He glanced at his wristwatch and announced that Luna would have to be held in the slammer until further notice. He shoved her, not as gently as she wanted, towards the direction of his vehicle.

Luna looked back to her other friends in the backseat of her own car, but somehow she was the only one to take the blame for it. Probably because she was the driver, but still.

Act of negligence, really?

She thought she was still a pretty good driver even when not sober. However, those were the sort of things she would say in these types of matters. It was rare when these sort of situations would come up, but as she was instructed to move quickly - there was defiance in her step. 

The man suited in the horrendous police uniform that the Chicago Police Station were required to wear looked back at Luna with a coldness in his eyes. Luna tried to hide her mouth with her hair, which was almost curving into a sloppy grin. She was beyond drunk. She was wasted, dazed, and most of all - defiant There was no way she was going into that police vehicle, and no way she was going to let her Godmother get notice of this 'negligent' act of hers. The road she had been driving on was empty, but considering that it was still a hazard to drunk drive - it probably still wouldn't be a good excuse to tell Marie. Luna stayed stuck to the ground as she again returned the same bitter stare his way.

"What is your problem?" She asked him equivocally. The officer squinted his eyes out of anger, as if he was ready to take out his gun and shoot a few bullets through her head. He kept calm though, and Luna was impressed by how well he was managing it. She could admit she was a difficult girl, and she couldn't help but find this whole situation funny. A giggle escaped her lips, which earned a low mumble from the officer. Fed up, but it had been a long day for him already - and this was just another case of a careless lady that could potentially be charged for reckless driving. 

"You know, if I weren't on the job right now - I'd have you bent over right this second so I could show you just what kind of consequences I was talking about. For now, I'm a police officer with no desire to act against his moral codes, so if you would please - get your fucking ass in the car and don't say another word, eh?" A smirk played on his lips as he pushed her again in the direction of his vehicle with a little more power and authority. The tables had turned.

Luna shut her mouth but her brain was screaming for resistance. This son of a bitch, she thought to herself. Just wait until I get a hold of my connections! She huffed as she stomped along the dirt road with an aggressive look on her face. The officer just quietly chuckled behind her and when they reached the doors, he turned her around so she could see the stupid grin on his face.

"You, my dear, are quite the character. Maybe I'll soften the blow of your consequences when I'm reporting back to the station, but I better not come across you again. If I do, I won't be as nice next time." He let her go finally, taking his grip off Luna's wrists so she could allow herself to be seated in the back. Her lip was trembling so much because of anger, and a vein was about to pop from the side of her neck. She tried taking deep breaths to calm herself down, but nothing would ease the irritability she was feeling. 

As he opened the door to his side and hopped in, Luna eyed the gun that was placed in his open glovebox.

Well, the son of a bitch cuffed me - so I guess plan A is off the list. 

Report Post Tip

The ride to the police station was just as horrible as the drive from it.

Someone had bailed her out, although when she asked the police at the reception - they were told to not say a name. She was confused to say the least, but maybe they did it for privacy reasons. Luna was half expecting that maybe she had a secret admirer, but she wasn't holding onto any strong hopes.

The last few seconds she spent in the slammer just before she was able to be released, she had witnessed two fights, one of them almost involving herself - but luckily it was just two ladies having a punch on. Well, luckily isn't the right word - but thank GOODNESS she wasn't a punching bag. She caught a ride in a taxi, thanks to a police offer, and couldn't even bring out the words to say to the taxi driver as he asked her where she was headed. Luna was caught in the middle of responding with, "Oh, nowhere in particular," and "Back to the slammer where I truly belong." In the end, she decided to just do the right thing, and announced politely to the stoic man in the drivers seat if he could take her back to her apartment. Of course she wasn't expecting the same polite response back seeing as she stood there for a good five minutes thinking of what to say, so she was sure he was fed up already with how much time she had wasted. Guilt built up inside of her as she hopped into the back seat of the cab.

The day seemed longer than twenty four hours, and after clicking on her seatbelt - she quietly hung her head down before drifting away into a nap. 

No one questioned her the next morning, but she did catch a few looks when she showed up to the HQ looking dead awful and passed out. The dark circles under her eyes were becoming darker than usual, and there was still a spot of saliva on the bottom of her left cheek. She decided later that afternoon to head out for lunch the local cafe, and when she walked in, she was asked by an employee if she had a rough night. Luna snickered in her head.

Perhaps she did experience a night of unfortunate events, but it was also an eye opener for her. To not drink and drive. She was defiant yesterday, but she promised to herself the next morning that she needed to get right and act obedient. Luna was well aware that no one was forcing her to do the right thing, but she admitted to herself that the chances of her climbing up the ranks within her family was very thin if she wasn't going to obey the already established rules.

If she couldn't follow the road laws, how could she ever expect herself to follow the principles of omerta?

The next few days were a blur, and she hadn't been sure if she would make it through the whole week. That was a big fat lie, but she kept on thinking to herself that her days becoming a member of a renowned family were wearing thin. The city of Chicago held many opportunities for many people with the same mindset as her, wanting to move up from a low-ranking criminal to an esteemed one - but so far she was getting bored. Luna was willing to make the effort, but how much do you put in before you can sit back and say to yourself, "this is enough?" 

It was day eight of being defiant. Luna was just setting herself up for failure at this point.

She was losing her mind. Desperately looking for something to keep her going through these so-not-motivating times. The world was moving fast, yet everyone's pace was slow. Everyone seemed to be doing their own thing behind closed doors - now that's fine, but what's not fine is being left in the dark in her own family. For what? Privacy? Luna tried to understand the whole "loose lips sink ships" thing, but what was the use of being the head of a family if you can't even learn how to communicate to the members? Luna didn't want anyone to take her the wrong way though. She was simply... truly... just - trying to understand why no one was making a move yet. Had the world she thrusted herself into gone completely static? Maybe some of those who harbour ill will against someone and end up going rogue are right. Maybe we do all feed off chaos. Luna shook her head as she sat in the drivers seat of her own black roadster which was parked in front of a rival's house. She had accepted the request to put a hit on someone, and she glanced at her wristwatch while she waited quietly in the shadows.

Once again, she had drowned herself in her own thoughts - but she pushed them aside for another time as she got out of her car and felt around her hip to secure the gun that was holstered. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Defiance
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL