Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 10:04:42
Page:  1 
Division of Power Started by: Luna on Sep 25, '18 08:07

So, 

Instead of doing a long mile street post of another story from the chronicles of Luna, I just wish to apologize in advance for how weirdly outspoken I may seem during this discussion or speech I am proposing in the streets. After much of those endless hours trying to think about what to speak on, those nights of promising to myself that I would finally get my ideas together and express them all in one go  - I have come to a decision that the division of power should be mentioned. 

Take that in whatever context you like (good or bad) but it is definitely something that should be spoken about. 

It is hard to not notice that there have been a high increase in the amount of GFC's and Godfathers roaming this land in this thing of ours. Needless to say, it must be a proud accomplishment for each of them in this world as you are representing a city that you claim to wholeheartedly stand for. Without a doubt - hard efforts must have been put in for you to be placed in that position, although I feel like it is often swept under the doormat. Not everyone hears what goes on behind closed doors, but I can definitely tell that great things have been, and are in - the works for further expansion. With that being said though, I really would like to just congratulate each and every GFC, Godfather, Don, Consigliere, Boss, Capo, and made men and women coming from each of the seven cities. You are playing a major role in your family in terms of acting as a voice of guidance and authority, although I do not have much to say about that because everyone has their own way of delegation. 

Of course, you are reading this right now and expecting for some sort of question from me so you can answer accordingly. As someone who appreciates a good, hearty, and HARMLESS discussion (please no biting) - I would just like to ask: 

With all the Godfathers that are rising to the top, do you think that it is a signal for another war? The calm before the storm perhaps? Some may say that there are too many Godfathers now, and that the division of power will only lead to the thirst of more power - as it always does. Is that questionable? You tell me. Do you think that the world will burn once again as it has in the past? Will we have a repeat of history? 

Please, someone do respond to this or at least acknowledge the question I'm asking so I can justify that I'm just trying to get more insight on this subject of power and not feel like I'm saying this just to rouse drama with provocative words - which is not my intention at all. I am a firm believer in gathering opinions from the public, and I feel that is how we can continue to work as a community even though we are all operating in seperate cities. I would really like to understand from anyone's point of view about how they go about the spread of power, and if they are for or opposed it. 

Now that I am on this subject, no one can ever say that there won't be another war or another rogue - so how do you think we can prevent the two?

At the end of the day, I am simply asking some questions. No bad blood here.

Report Post Tip

I don't see how the current cities finally getting a definitive leader in the central district and others means war. It just means that the collective have truly come to a point of wanting to build, rather than destroy. Why can't each city have a Godfather that oversees it, and another in the district or districts that it looks over? Why does this mean a war is brewing?

What it means in my eyes is that there truly is co-operation. If someone is so hungry for more power that they break the world we currently live in, then in my opinion they aren't a proper leader. And in time, they will cripple and fall under their own selfishness.

True leaders inspire others to be better. They build bonds and relationships that create win-win situations. True leaders don't break something that works just because they don't know how to co-operate. Co-operation is vital to successful, healthy relationships. If we see people starting war for power grabs, then expect them to not last long in their new positions and the people under them and around them to not genuinely support and accept them as leaders. Because without trust, no relationship lasts.

So, the world as it is I believe can be seen as a milestone to be appreciated and a point of time in our world to be remembered. I think these are great, and fascinating times. And the amount of Godfathers stepping into these powerful positions shows exactly how powerful a message this should be to regimes gone and regimes to come. Peace, prosperity and co-operation can exist in our world. It doesn't have to always be about war just for the sake of it.

Report Post Tip

In Cosa Nostra¬ "This Thing Of Ours " Godfather's & Godmother's alike are needed to help maintain peace & prosperity ,and order within their said  Cities. I also don't see how you came to the conclusion this could be a calm before the storm .

Wars happen as do Rouges nothing really can prevent those events .But we have to do our own parts of open communication .Which is happening as we speak. This is an Golden Era. Of building and prosperity .

My final thought is this ." We knew the risks when we chosen this life ,that death could be right around the corner.But to keep our sanity we cannot allow progress to be achieved .

Report Post Tip

Adonis, thank you for coming out and speaking on this.

I truly appreciate the fact that you can see the rising of Godfathers as a positive thing, and NOT as a threat like some people may think. You are right, after all. It shouldn't mean that another war or city wipe is going to happen, and I am hoping to actually see more people get authed seeing as the cities seem to be expanding fast.

However, we just can't ignore the existence of paranoia can we? If there is, I'm not saying that this is definite - but IF there is another battle brewing within this thing of ours, I think it's interesting to note that they will just have their fifteen minutes of minuscule fame and thats it. With all the growth that is happening, thus powers coming together, they wouldn't last very long I reckon. More and more people are seeing that going rogue is just useless, especially now that they could easily be executed in a matter of hours.

So yes - like you said. Co-operation is vital to ensuring that each made man and woman are forming healthy and successful connections. But sometimes going against the majority is the right thing to do, no? Not that they don't know how to co-operate, but rather than following the crowd, they have their own ideas. This doesn't have to particularly be a bad thing because they may be right as well. Just saying. 

It is definitely a 'milestone to be appreciated' though. I've been around these streets for a good time, and I don't think I've ever seen the cities get this far without getting into some sort of conflict. Sure, we have had troubles along the way so far - but nothing that can't be stabilized. I, too, think that peace isn't an impossible concept in this thing of ours. 

I urge everyone to keep an open mind to this! Once again, thank you Adonis for speaking your truth.

Report Post Tip

Consigliere Ray_Kroc, I thank you kindly for adding your opinion for the things I have stated. I hope LA is doing good to you. 

Now, you see - some things are just bound to happen. Well maybe that is an exaggeration but there will always be someone who will despite someone else for the higher position they're in which can most definitely lead to a storm. This isn't DEFINITE. It can happen. I just thought I should point it out because it has happened in the past, and would like to ensure that we are not thinking the same anymore. The world we live in today is quickly changing to be a land based on peace and prosperity, and so of course we need to adjust to that. This isn't my opinion that this could be a calm before the storm, I am merely speaking on what some people may be thinking and hopefully show them that they are in the wrong for it - because obviously, there is more open communication now. That is great news. 

This is a Golden Era, correct. The dawn of a new era, and I just sincerely hope that we can maintain this - and that the leaders really go through with whatever plans they have for further growth. 

Your final thoughts is surely bittersweet, but I guess - no one can stop the inevitable from happening. Only thing we can do now is keep going forward and push for progress. 

Report Post Tip

Luna, Luna. I feel like you're just trying to stir things here. Or maybe you are privy to some kind of information about behind the scenes things that has you thinking all of these positive changes may come to a head at some point? Or maybe you're just playing devils advocate. I like to think it's devils advocate, as sweet as you are.

Why don't we focus on how we can continue this growth, with ideas on what we can do to keep things moving on the up and up, instead of discussing if wars will break out or not. Focus on what we want to create, I like to say, as energy follows thought. There has to be more to build. More to bricks to add. More game wide events like the Fight Night tournament coming up.

Report Post Tip

I must say, I do appreciate that shameless plug that you added in at the end. 

Luna bats her eyelashes and looks at you innocently while a soft smile is playing on her lips.

Well, maybe I am playing devils advocate - but that is just how I come off sometimes? As I mentioned earlier, I'm not trying to stir things here or even twist my own thoughts around, I'm sincerely trying to get some insight - and you definitely provided that. There is nowhere where I said we can't continue this growth, and we should try to maintain this good thing we have going on! 

Report Post Tip

Well, it's an event that plugs itself really. And the only one going around that can be used for reference. I would've liked to have a list to read out, which is why I was saying we should focus energy on what we want to create, rather than on idle chit chat.

But, this is your discussion so I will bow out for a whisky. Thank you for the platform, comrade. And remember.. Seven deadly cities, 24 bouts, 7 fighters, 1 winner.

Adonis gives a wink and a salute towards Luna before leaving.

Report Post Tip

War is... fun. 

This is a game, and sure the building and the chat and the politics are all fun in their way, but ultimately it's a game about power... and power is ultimately expressed through force. 

So yes, there will be a war. It's inevitable. It's also a good thing. 

Report Post Tip

To quote an incredible game.

War... war never changes.

While prosperity as a product of peace is certainly well received, it will never continue in perpetuity. So-called "golden-eras" and periods of persistent co-operation have existed numerous times in the past. Not too long ago, a similar period existed where the powers that be mutually agreed on the diplomatic resolution of issues. However, due to circumstances, I am not privy to, a majority of the population of Las Vegas, Seattle and Los Angeles was wiped out. I do not question the justification or the outcome of the war(s), I simply cite its context.

Further in the past, nationwide wars have erupted for reasons both foolish and just. Heck, sometimes a power vacuum caused by the involvement of the gods themselves precipitates the start of a war(e.g. Disorder, LarryLongNeck etc mass DD of last September I think)

So in conclusion, while I disagree with the assumption that any of us here could possibly predict one of the multitudes of chaotic reasons for the potential cause of an upcoming war, such as the high rise in gfs and the desire to expand spheres of influence, without betraying our involvement in or our knowledge of plans that have already been put in motion somewhere, I wholeheartedly maintain that the possibility of war always exists when the system saturates like it perhaps now has.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

Ha. You're asking a question experts of political science haven't even able to fully address: what system is the best for the so called 'balance of power'? From what I've recently read, there are two schools of thought regarding the polarity of the concept of power, at least on the world stage. This may not directly apply into our world and it's kind of a theoretical understanding, but interesting nonetheless. 

One school believes a bipolar system is the most stable. Two major factions in which the world is divided (albeit roughly) into. These two major powers keep each other at bay and the constant threat of conflict drives each side's actions of continual development and not direct conflict. However, actions of the two powers are fairly easily observed, meaning an indirect form of communication is somewhat present. 

Another believes a multi-polar system is the best. This being more than two major powers in the world's stage. The thought is that all these powers in play make the world a lot more complex, making everybody need to be much more cautious. This is important because of the larger amount of variables involved in this system will complicate the choices that the decision-makers have to make, and actions will be better thought out because of that. 

I will not directly comment on the nature of our world, and will let you decide what sort of system we currently live in. These two ideas aren't the only ones in the world scale-no way- but they add another dimension of thought to consider. I would also suggest you ask yourself why we've had a stable period of time, I'd think it's a lot more complicated than it looks. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $270,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Division of Power
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL