Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 07:02:16
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Optional Tags on Street Threads Started by: Zoom on Sep 27, '18 14:32

Something along the lines of: You write your thread and go to post it. The title of your thread is, for example, "Zoom's Zany Zoo Adventure" - so when you go to post it, their could be a little pop-up (or drop-down box) that would allow you to select one of the following;

BS(BackStory)

GRP(Group-RolePlay)

DB(Debate/Conversation) 

AS(Auth Speech)

^those are all just rough outlines of something we could do.

To clarify, this wouldn't change anything in the realm of VIP points, Experience, amount of threads in the Streets, etc etc.

It'd be a visual change only, making it much easier to identify threads that you may actually be interested in as opposed to scrolling through 32409132 stories about cheese. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I'd like to second this suggestion. I think it would keep things neater and like Zoom says, you wouldn't have to go scrolling through hundreds of threads to find one that you actually want to post in. 

Report Post Tip

I like cheese :) But this idea I like more, as I can then know if I can contribute to a story or RP with a GRP tag and will then read more of it, compared to a BS tag that I may just skim over or get a gist of the start before deciding if I read it all.

I think this will be very helpful. Sometimes I read a post and not know if I can contribute, as there is a hook for someone, but maybe that someone is already pre-determined.

So I'd like to add OR (Open-RP) and CR (Closed-RP). Open RP is for anyone and everyone to be able to get involved. Closed RP would be that the post is closed off to others joining it, as people have already organized themselves and are posting in this organized dynamic. So I say scrap GRP and replace it with these two, and that takes care of knowing if you're able to add to the thread or aren't.

Now some may say 'but it's the streets, everyone should be able to add to everything' or 'start it in a back alley first then and move it over later'. But I find it more enjoyable reading a Closed RP bit by bit as their interactions unfold instead of getting the whole thing smashed over into the streets after all is said and done, which I then have to read by taking a half hour out of my day like I'm sitting down with a book. 

Add OR and CR, scrap GRP, and we have a winner.

Report Post Tip

While I agree with the potential Open-RP tag, I am vehemently opposed to having a Closed-RP tag. Mostly for the reason you just stated, Adonis, it is the Streets after-all. And for the most part these days, I believe, people aren't too "let's fuck up this guys post" happy. It used to be a real bitcho though :( 

Report Post Tip

The streets should always be open for anyone to join in. I'd have to agree with Zoom that Closed-RP shouldn't exist. 

If you don't want people to join your RP put it in the Back alley. Public posts should be open to the public. 

Report Post Tip

Mescaline, and what of the Suggestion itself? :P 

Report Post Tip

Fair enough :) I just see the Street forum more as, well, a forum. On other sites this open and closed RP stuff is the norm, as the forums are catered to people reading along with what is transpiring as it transpires. But MR is its own little world. Whatever works, not fussed really, yet I still like the idea of tags so will just leave it as a +1.

Report Post Tip

Zoom the rest of the suggestion seems fine and would be a good addition 

Report Post Tip

+1 -  as this really is just a cosmetic change to aide people in knowing what they are about to read and possibly reply to.  I think this is handy and an overall good suggestion.  Can’t see any reason not to do this.

Report Post Tip

Honestly, I wanted to post this earlier but writing on mobile sucks and that's where I've been doing an obscene amount of my gameplay lately. HOWEVER that being said, as a role player, I super duper like this idea. It makes a lot of sense but also allows people, so who want to join an informal open RP, to do so without having to worry if the thread they're bouncing in on is closed. 

Adonis I like your addition as well to modify it to let RPers know if it's open or closed! 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Can I get some more input on this?  I think this is a fine idea, I just want to hone it a little more and get possible other categories before it gets coded in.

Report Post Tip

"While I agree with the potential Open-RP tag, I am vehemently opposed to having a Closed-RP tag. "

I think a closed-rp tag is OK, because there really isnt any other forum for RP that fits this, but it would also come without XP, vision gain, or any other benefit.  These threads could be prepared in the back alley and then moved to the street and locked so no one can post in it, everything has to be done in the back alley prior.  This would simply be entertainment pushed when completed so that others can see it.

Report Post Tip

I think the option to close it with the losing of the benefits, with the reason for entertaining others and oneself, makes sense. If you shut others out of the option to add to what has been presented, then this balancing makes sense in my opinion.

A question though, or more a confirmation, it would still need to be era specific and role-played as per the rules of the Street domain it will go into though, yeah?

Report Post Tip

Anything in the streets needs to be loosely time appropriate.  (I'm not going to bust your balls if you mention something that wasn't invented until 3 months after prohibition), but your 4G-LTE Samsung Galaxy S9 doesn't really fit into the timeframe :P

Report Post Tip

Cheers for that!

Can I get some more input on this?  I think this is a fine idea, I just want to hone it a little more and get possible other categories before it gets coded in.

Regarding the categories, on top of what Zoom mentioned in the opening post, something for a solo story would be another one. It wouldn't be a backstory, more just a solo effort of whatever really, in present game time.

Another, something that covers something different altogether that may not fit into a general category. For example, there is a thread called Poets Corner currently kicking about. It doesn't exactly slot into the other categories mentioned. So a MISC type of category to choose is what I'm suggesting.

Categories mentioned so far...

• BS (BackStory)
  • GRP (Group-RolePlay)
  • DB (Debate/Conversation)
  • AS (Auth Speech)
  • SS (SoloStory)
  • ORP (Open-RolePlay)
  • CRP (Closed-RolePlay)
  • OTH (Other)

I believe that brings this thread up to date, including my ideas.

(Forgive me if I'm stepping on any toes here, just pushing things along.)

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip
Big +1 to the idea in general and personally like how Adonis broke this down
Report Post Tip

This is the best suggestion I've heard in awhile.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Optional Tags on Street Threads
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL