Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 09:28:12
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The Red Bar Started by: Gregoi_Rasputin on Sep 28, '18 17:00

After a few meetings, debby was needing to relax and drink something. In detroit there was a very cozy bar that she used to frequent, walking to the counter she noticed that the bar was a little crowded than usual but it was holiday season so that should be normal.

Sitting at a table more in a corner she quietly raised her hand to call the waiter.

The waiter came up and smiling asked, "Good night, young lady, what do you want to drink today?"

"Hi, I'm going to want some good dry wine today," Debby replied politely.

The waiter noted the request and headed for the counter as Debby watched the customers while waiting for her drink.

Report Post Tip

Dona already drunk stumbled into The Red Bar half wasted , half alive she begin to slur out words that sounded like get me another drink .

She quickly walked to a dark corner of the bar and sat down. She could barley stand let alone drink again, she had no idea how she would even be getting home. Nonetheless she was a Bisi and somehow someway it would happen. She waited and waited for her drink until she could wait no more. She hollered at the waitress to hurry there tail up so she could get her drink on. The waitress quickly ran toward Dona noticing he had forgotten about her.

"Finally, ma-h dr-nk is hr-er"

"ta-nk yo-us"

She could barley mumble the `words out but hopefully he had understood her for she meant no harm but had a long and tiring day, a day that should only end in her drinking till she passes out. Dona somehow some way managed to gulp her drink down and passed at bashing her face on the table , she could feel the blood on her lips but was to drunk to do anything about it, she hoped the manager would let her sleep this off she would pay him in the morning. 

Report Post Tip

"....So there I was, face to face with a bear. He was staring at me and I at him. Sure, sure, you could argue that I was the one that crashed into his home and he had a right to be staring me down like I may be his next meal. I politely explained to him that I was only here for the sun hat. It was like the bear was listening to me. He turned his head to the hat and then slowly back towards me. 'Hey son, what are you doing in my cage?' I could have sworn he asked me this with his eyes. I politely explained to him that I was on a date and had to impress the lady by fetching her favorite hat from the bear exhibit at the zoo."

Jack paused from his story and winked at Aloisus. She smiled out of the corner of her mouth and looked at her friend. 

Well, did he let you retrieve the hat? 

"Of course not!" Jack exclaimed, "Though, I'm thinking that bear would have let me if it wasn't for those meddling zoo keepers. Hopefully he brought the hat home to his Miss." 

And your date? Was she deeply upset?

"Oh Aloisus, you know me well! She was, she mourned for the hat. I mourned for the hat. We mourned for the hat together in her bed."

Jack slipped a slick smile onto his face. 

It sounds like it was quiet the sad occasion. I hope you were both able to recover from such a depression. Aloisus teased.

"I could, yes. The girl, not so much. Had to let her go bye the third date. I could see it in her eyes. The wedding bells ringing. That's what trauma does to a woman. Makes her think about her life and the babes not in them."

Oh please. Aloisus goffed at him, rolling her eyes. 

"Are you about done with that drink, doll? We're on a tight schedule. I've got a show in about four hours, but you and I still need to pay our respects to two more establishments. For drinks and luck. Traditions, Aloisus. Have you forgotten about them?"

Aloisus picked up the gin and tonic from off the bar and finished the glass. Her friend, Jack James was a home town hero. A comedian that Chicago already loved and the rest of the country was about to fall for. For as long as Aloisus knew Jack, it was always a tradition to stop and pay respects to five local watering holes before a show. They were three bars down, three drinks for herself and five for Jack. They collected their belongings and stepped out into the streets of Detroit. 

"Hey Jack James! Whatchya know?"

A man with a trumpet in his hands called out to Jack as they turned a corner on the sidewalk. An open trumpet case laid at the man's feet and it looked like tips had been good this evening. 

"Benny! What is good?"

Jack hollered back with a wave. They passed the trumpet player and Jack leaned to Aloisus.

Do you know everyone?

"Benny will be famous one day. Famous I tell you. I trust you with this secret."

Aloisus laughed.

"Miss the city, kid?"

She shrugged at Jack's question, but before she was able to reply...

"Have you ever heard of this place?"

Jack had stopped in front of an establishment she'd never seen before. Or she had, but it may have been a shoe cobbler or a seamstress. 

Jack, I'm not the local. 

He waved her off. 

"Let's check it out. Maybe it'll be our fourth stop."

The pair entered the building. 

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: The Red Bar
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL