Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 08:59:49
Page:  1 
Thine Want, is not always Thine Wish ~ Part I Started by: Charlie__Pavanno on Oct 07, '18 09:20

October 5th, 1932

Residence of Charles Peterson

C.Pavanno: I Apologized so many times, he was the one that has chosen not to respond. Even Fatale has stated that he has not been seen in months, what am I to do eh? He’s the one that got beaten up and paid for it! He should not have been touching you in that manner!

Charlie Pavanno was dressed in a suit and tie, precisely, a three-piece Tailored Suit, which was in the color of velvet. He had gotten dressed because the Girlfriend and Left Hand of Joe Adonis, Ilaria Santoro had organized a small dinner. It was a small gathering between the three, something that Charlie could understand and was excited to do. He had gotten a new suit and everything to go with it.

Only thing was now his Adoptive Daughter was avoiding coming to the party because of her own Paramour, Gerold Whit. Or commonly known as Gerry The Wit, someone who was like the Street Boss in this small crew of Charlie Pavanno, someone that Charlie had trusted with his life and hoped that they could get over what happened at the East Cat, but no, it seemed Gerry knew how to hold a grudge.

Cassie: No Charlie, you apologized to me, and only me. Gerry has not been responsive, he goes out anytime he deems necessary and barely glances at me, I am believing this is your fault and I will not come unless Gerry is there. Is that Understood!?

Charlie bristled at the tone that this girl was using with him, he loved her like he would love his own kid, but this was taking it to far, she seemed like she wanted to be in control and Charlie in a fit of anger had released a growl, barely restraining himself any further. Charlie had done a lot for the girl and had seen her make money, but she was threatening him?

C.Pavanno: Cassie, come or don’t come, I don’t really care! I invited you because I thought that you would want to enjoy yourself and have a good time before you go off on business again, but if you have to do this, to threaten me!? After all, I’ve done for you? Then you are no friend or daughter to me, all for a guy!? A guy that probably liked you for your looks anyway!

As soon as the words left Charlie’s mouth he regretted them, knowing that confidence, like him, was something that Cassie often lacked. Even though she was a beautiful person, she had trouble with people leering at her, she often found it sickening that she was eyed like a piece of meat, Charlie being connected the way he was, had arranged a few incidents for these people, making sure they knew who she was.

Cassie: Well...thank you for that Father Dearest, I believe you now. I believe that you are spiteful, jealous, and abused little shit who needs to grow up and stop trying to act like I am abandoning him. I was simply saying that you should apologize, but I see what I am to you. I am nothing but a tool for you to use at your leisure. I do hope that you enjoy yourself at the Party Charlie, but I for one will not be attending.

Charlie sighed as he heard the distinct dull beep of the phone being hung before he removed the phone from his ear and slammed it down onto the bedside table with such force that it had shattered on impact. He knew his words would slam into Cassandra like it was a bullet, but this reaction almost seemed different and Charlie had no reason why it would be different.

He sighed, his eyes going down towards his left wrist to where his watch had rested, he looked at the time and realized that he had some time to kill before the party, his eyes had searched the apartment, trying to find that one source of alcohol, hoping to just indulge this one night, only he could not. He remembered that promise he had made, but for this night, he wanted to say, fuck the promise!

C.Pavanno: I have done nothing wrong, it is her fault, she believes herself to be in love, what a silly notion, there is no such thing as love in this life! This life takes love and eats it for breakfast because the only thing inevitable in this life was death, you either lived long enough to make a fortune and die, or you lived long enough to see yourself become a rat…

Charlie allowed his eyes to gaze up at the ceiling, knowing that he needed to see the people he perceives as his family, ever since that day at the Clinic with Ilaria, he had found himself wanting to open up, but would not know where to begin or even tell her when his life as Charlie Pavanno began.

Then there was the other one, his Father Figure, the man he aspired to be. Joe Adonis, one man who had not just instantly liked, their connection had begun in a series of bank robberies that had escalated, earning them a lot of infamy from The Feds and Mob at the same time. Charlie never knew what happened, but suddenly, he looked at Adonis, like the man could truly be a Brother to him. Something that he had hoped for in the last few months

C.Pavanno: Come on Charlie, just head to the party and do what you do best, impress. Do this and perhaps they will look upon you like the son they have always wanted, perhaps it is you that will one day inherit something from them, only time will tell and this is merely the beginning, this is the chance for you to truly show them that you are ready for anything!

With that little pep talk to himself, Charlie found himself walking out of the door, knowing that this was the chance to prove himself to the people that had become his family and he was not going to disappoint. He was ready for anything, he was ready to prove that they truly meant the world to him and he would gladly kill for them if that proved anything of his Love or Alliegance, he was ready.

East Cat Cellars

Walking towards the bar with a bop in his step was Charles Pavanno, The man who had caused an uproar in activity for the feds, oh yes, Charlie had known that he was now under the eye of the F.B.I and he was none too pleased. To calm himself before meeting Adonis and Ilaria_Santoro, he had sat at the bar and calmly watched as the bartender gave drinks to the men of working class, the men who paid so much for their booze under the current laws. He allowed himself a small smile, knowing that this was one of the things that Race St had a hand in.

"Hello Young Man, what would you recommend for an old lady?"

Charlie turned his head to look at the person who had kindly interrupted him, but not that he was doing anything noteworthy. He allowed a distant smile to twitch at his lips before he stuck his hand out to shake, to which the woman did with a sad look adorning her own visage. The Woman had soon sat down next to him, as the bartender had given her some Scotch Whiskey, to which Charlie looked at her with a smirk, stating without speaking that it was the good drink for an elderly lady.

"So, what brings you to Philly? Not many people visit our city of Brotherly Love..."

[Play ~ Lullably, Carry On My Wayward Son]

The woman looked at Charlie with her visage becoming more saddening when she had heard him talk, he sounded so mature, something that she had missed out on also. Only then, her expression was like a suit of armor, blank, Nothing was getting past unless they wielded a sword, and unfortunately, a sword was right in front of her...

"I'm looking for someone, it has been Three Years since I last met this person, it was a rather bad argument in which this person had abandoned his mother..."

Charlie chuckled, already picking up on where this was going, but he decided to play the game and see where she would go with her web of lies. To see how she would try to get him back to her home, where he would no doubt be beaten once again.

"It seems like this person had a good reason, it seems like this person had no other choice, it seems like he was stuck in an infinite loop until someone broke it and gave him the power to do something."

The woman now looked at Charlie with a storm in her eyes, nothing was stopping her from reaching over and cuffing him upside the head, only she knew that would further prove his point, but the fact was, she had never laid a hand on him in the years that they had lived in the house with the monster. It was something that she could never do,

"Yes, he's just like you, he was weak, but he had a fire in him. It often reminded me of his Grandfather, who is back home in Palermo. He has never visited his Grandfather, but I hope one day he can if he can get away from his life of crime."

Charlie's eyes had widened, now understanding what was going on, his deluded and crazy bitch of a Mother wanted him to turn against his family. The Family that had raised him when she could not, his eyes turned to her, but they did not hold anger or even hatred, but sadness and tears were coming out of his eyes willingly, Charlie did not care who saw him now...

"You want me home? You want me to abandon a Brother that has taken me in so willingly? You want me to turn against someone who has given me a chance to prove myself!? You want me to turn against an actual mother that has shown me Love and Compassion!?"

The sound resonated throughout the bar, the sound of flesh meeting flesh, the sound of a whimper that usually came from dogs had come out as well. Charlie's right cheek had a red handprint, his eyes closed in complete fear or anger, one would not know. The only thing that was sure that this was clearly getting out of hand, for all the promises that Francesca Peterson had made, she had just broken one of them right there.

"Don't you dare! Those people are not and will never be your family! That woman, Ilaria, will never be your mother! She is just the one that picked up the pieces of your shattered self, who was there when your father mercilessly beat you? I was, I have always been here and if you don't turn, I will!"

Charlie opened his eyes slowly, never once looking at his mother, but he did not look like a coward or even abused, he just seemed disappointed, he just seemed like he had lost everything with that one single slap that had caught the attention of many mobsters. Charlie finally looked into his mother's eyes, but there was no emotion behind them, they were simply blank and that was what worried Francesca

"I Just wanted your Love, I just wanted to be the one that would gain that from you. Only I did not, it was not meant to be, I guess that I was never going to be enough, that I was always going to be the son that disappointed you after 20 Years. I guess that this is the life I have to live with you, not because you're a good mother or even a good wife, but because you are going to testify against me. Which means you were never my mother in the first place..."

With that, Charlie walked out of the bar, hoping that this would be the last time he saw his mother, but somewhere deep down, he knew it was not...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $400,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Thine Want, is not always Thine Wish ~ Part I
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL