Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 12:36:21
Page:  1 
The Java Cartel, Revisited Started by: Spaceman on Oct 21, '18 22:44

"Extra, extra, read all about it!"

Spaceman stood at the entrance of a mixed-use building about a block from Goliath Bank's headquarters, vacated many years prior and left in a state of disuse.  A paper boy worked the corner as he offloaded the local news, giving Spaceman a polite nod as the Godfather pulled a slip of paper out of his jacket pocket and confirmed the address on the note before entering through the front - a familiar feeling in the air as he stepped foot in the building.

A voice shot through to Spaceman's left.  "Hey, this is our house!"

The Godfather turned quickly as he noticed a pair of vagrants huddled in the corner - addicts, by the looks of it.  Spaceman instinctively took out a small box of painkillers, dropping one several feet away from them nearest the door.  

"But morphine is on the menu! Go!"

The vagrants scrambled to get up as they quickly pushed each other to reach the pill.  After a tussle, one of the men briefly exalted in his victory before ingesting the pill whole.  Spaceman stepped further into the building and took out another 6 pills and threw them closer to the entrance and watched the ensuing ruffle as the two attempted to get their fix, before tossing the majority of the contents out onto the street - with the two men pushing and fighting each other to get an edge as a paper boy watched in horror as the two junkies came within mere feet of him.   Spaceman and the paper boy briefly shared a knowing look of exasperation before heading back into the building.

As he listened to the ensuing shuffle outside as he looked at the outline of the building, ignoring the dirty laundry left scattered by the two vagrants.  A faded typeset appeared on the wall - Death Before Decaf.  He toured the building briefly, noting where a sledgehammer could be useful for renovations, checking the back of the warehouse for additional storage before a second - and welcomed - visitor walked through the entrance.  

"Oh, ConstanceBonacieux!  Hello there.  Thanks for getting down here so quickly.  I just finished my tour of the building.  Well, your building."

He continued on almost as quickly as she shot a look of surprise.

"The bank has a lot of resources and assets at its disposal.. and a long time ago, many moons ago, a small startup operation by the name of The Java Cartel once graced this fine city.  Specifically, in this building.  But it was lost to time - the original owner passed, the bank seized the building but licensing for the business continued on for a time for a branch out in Detroit that was a descendant of the owner..."

Spaceman trailed off for a moment, briefly pondering if the pills he dropped on the ground were actually Forget Me Now's.  A high dosage for powerful psychotropics was not recommended, and the doctor wondered if he had just sent two of Philadelphia's finest to an early death.  While he had hoped he didn't make the same mistake twice after last month's incident, he pushed it out of his mind and continued.

"erm, but ultimately the bank kept the building for one reason or another.  And, years later, the bank has now located the next of kin."

Spaceman gestured towards Constance.

"Which, after some paperwork signed by yours truly, now makes you the owner and operator of The Java Cartel.  I need a local roaster for my café, and the space out back means you can import.. or grow.. anything this city might need moving forward.  Up for it?"

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

She looks around her, taking in the view of dust, peeling wallpaper, derelict pieces of equipment and smiles. This was her legacy. She had heard stories of Iris and Cordelia. Two of the more prominent entrepreneurs in her family tree. Both women had prided themselves on the rich, delicious brews their beans produced. Listening to the vagrants' chatter back and forth about the colours they were seeing she turned to Spaceman and quietly said...

"Yes, I suppose this will do... Knock a wall down over there, put a window in there, possibly put a tea bar in over there. Maybe a smoking room in that room over there. Yes, yes, it does have the potential to be something amazing."

Her eyes scanned the wall and she noticed a photo covered by a falling piece of the shreds of some ornate form of wallcovering... As she pushed it aside she realised it was a photo of her great, great, great, great, great, amazing grandmother Iris. One taken when she was in her prime. She smiled to herself remembering the stories of the antics that went on in this building. 

"I shall get @Father_OMalley and @Evsie to fetch my things and notify The Observatory right away! We can get this done in a week if we all work together. Okay, maybe a day or two if you let me use and abuse @HughJorgan. I'm sure he'll enjoy working with @MollyMalone, and @FinalPig in my personal roastery. I'll have to find something for @Optimus to do as well, maybe he can wake that old man @Jono up. Yes, we will make this work. @Outcast, @StRyKeR, and @Saladin can handle something to do I'm sure. If you have anyone you want to send to be punished, I mean help us get our poop together, feel free. I could use a new cabana boy. Of course, everyone from The Observatory will have a HUGE role in the success of The Java Cartel, that's what family is all about.

She looked around again and notices a doorway to what appears to be an office, turning to Spaceman once more she smiles.

"Thank you, thank you for giving me this chance. I can't wait to get everyone working on building this place back up to what it once was. We're going to need to fortify the walls, of course, I'm sure there are a few things that aren't quite up to code given the time this poor, lovely building stood idle. The bank did keep up it in decent shape though. Better than what I was expecting... I can't wait to get started. That office over there, the one with the window looking over the street, that's mine."

One more glance around and she looks back at Spaceman.

"Off with ya, I have work to do! I cannot thank you enough, but now you're in my space! Shoo... Be off. I heart you long time. This has totally lit a fire under my butt to get out there and do stuff to bring this place from the ashes of the past to the forefront of today's up and coming businesses."

After seeing Spaceman to the door and exchanging hugs she found a comfortable rocking chair in the corner of the office she had claimed as her own and took a seat behind an ornate mahogany desk that was still in the center of the office from days past. A short time later she began to look through the paperwork, getting lost in memories and legalese she closed her eyes and took a nap. Suddenly a familiar aroma tickled her nostrils. Something that only a woman recovering a night of debauchery amongst thieves would understand. Coffee. Concluding that it must be her dream carrying over to reality because there wasn't anyone other than herself here yet she dozed off... And then she heard the pitter patter of footsteps and a cough."

Report Post Tips: 12 / Total: $240,000 Tip

KingofMeatPopsicles arrives at the Pharmacy headquarters after Godfather Spaceman asked him to come have a sit down

Entering the GF's office King took a seat in the chair across from Spaceman who was sitting at his desk.

"Don KingofMeatPopsicles, thank you for coming to see me on such short notice. As your family and mine have such a long history I know that you are one of the greatest people to have spent time with me at the Pharmacy" Spaceman began.

"I have a request for you that I don't take lightly. I need you to head over and take care of ConstanceBonacieux with her new Java Cartel venture. It is tough to let you go as you are so valuable to keeping the freezers full around here and Rubix will miss all the left over bones laying around. You will be nearly impossible to replace."

"Such high praise my Godfather, its very appreciated. Of course anything you need all you have to do is ask and it shall be done. I will pack my things straight away and head over to help get things going. I'll be sure to make sure she doesn't fall down any stairs or break a hip trying to do things she shouldn't be doing. "

Standing from his chair KingofMeatPopsicles reached across the desk and shook Godfather Spaceman's hand. After leaving the office and closing the door King headed down the hall to restock the freezer one last time.

"ZOOM PACK MY THINGS IN A HURRY YOU SPEEDY MFer" King shouted as he entered the kitchen tipping his cap to Heston who was busy doing Heston things. 

Once done topping up the freezer King headed into the lounge where he noticed the Angelos, Hugh, Lynchy, Mescaline and Arina hanging out playing cards.

"Good afternoon you guys, its been a pleasure hanging out with all of you and I look forward to popping in for a visit from time to time to see how you all are doing" King addressed the group. 

After all the goodbyes were done King hopped in the cab that was waiting for him, that Zoom had so nicely put the luggage in already, and headed off to the new Java Cartel HQ. Upon arriving a man in priests robes came down the steps with a hot coffee in his hand for the King who accepted it gladly and headed on into the building to find ConstanceBonacieux sitting in a rocking chair appearing to be pouring over a pile of legal documents. Clearing his throat to get her attention she continues to look down at her papers. Realizing she has dozed off King clears his throat again a little louder and she jumps a little and finally looks up at King with a fuzzy look in her eyes. 

"Eh, who are you, you look familiar?" she asks.

"Miss Constance I'm one of  your new hands of course, before I go get myself settled is there anything I can get you? Maybe a tea or a glass of prune juice?" King responded. 

"Coffee you dolt, you realize this is the Java Cartel don't you?" she snapped back. 

"Yes ma'am, straight away." king replied with a slight tremble in his voice.

Turning on his heels King headed off to the kitchen to make some coffee for the new boss, the whole while thinking to himself, so it begins........

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Hugh pulls up outside the address given to him by Spaceman and exits his car, he heads to boot, opens it pulls out a sledge hammer. After closing the the boot he heads inside the new HQ. He looks around as he enters the building seeing people scurrying about, one of those people being KingofMeatPopsicles exiting an office & figures that must be where ConstanceBonacieux is and heads over.

"Hey boss lady"

Constance looks up from her legal documents to see Hugh standing there with a sledge hammer tossed over his shoulder, she notices the head has a crimson stain on it and gives him a quizzical look.

"Oh this, I heard you needed some demolition and I only have one of these things, I'm sure it'll go through walls just as well as bone. I know this is the Java Cartel 'n all but I hope there's gonna be some decent tea around too."

Hugh ducks instinctively expecting something to be flung at his head but the random object never came, he thought Constance must be mellowing with age.

Report Post Tip

You think Father_OMalley and I are going to fetch you things?

Errand boys, is that it? 

Good luck with that. 

Also, how does molly feel about being roasted by Piggy and Hugh? I mean, each to their own and all that, but the corkscrew thing's just gonna be weird. 

I was promised cookies. Are there cookies? 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

She looks at HughJOrgan and glares...

Tea? TEA? I can't even get a cup of coffee around here and you want TEA!!??? Get your own damn tea!

She reaches for a solid glass paperweight and hucks it at Hugh watching it smash against the door frame.

There's your TEA! Now, can we get to work? I want a more "open" concept for the warehouse so start knocking walls down there, but first, be sure to set yourself up with an office to share with KingofMeatPopsicles. Yes, share, you two will be working together to make sure our people are well taken care of. I don't care where it is or how big it is, just make it work.

Hearing a commotion out in the front office she rolls her eyes.

That'll be Evsie moaning for his bloody cookies. Has Father_OMalley shown his face around here yet? Was hoping he would assist that old bugger Evsie with a few things that will require heavy lifting. Can't expect an old, crippled man to do it all himself. Maybe Miss MollyMalone can help him with his aches and pains, I hear she's got a few remedies kicking around that brain of hers. Optimus can help with setting things up too...

Looking back at Hugh she grimaces...

Well, what's the holdup? Get to it! We need this place set up ASAP and I have to deal with deeds and ordering in new equipment. We should be getting our first shipment from Columbia soon. 

She points toward a cookie tin on the corner of her desk and sighs.

Make sure everyone gets a cookie out of that tin before that old codger Evsie, he can learn that patience is a virtue.

She looks back down at the pile of papers and scribbles and grimaces as Hugh toddles off to do her bidding.

Report Post Tips: 162 / Total: $3,240,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Java Cartel, Revisited
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL