Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 21:47:54
Page:  1 
Idiot convention Started by: DorianGray on Oct 22, '18 10:12

DorianGray had spend quite a bit of time roaming the streets and the local Business Districts of the different cities lately. Despite of him loving a good discussion, he found it hard to come across a good opportunity to interact with other people that had chosen the criminal path, as he did himself. Not that there were little people active in these streets, quite the contrary, but it seemed that relatively many, fortunately not all, that were speaking out, were either talking to themselves or were people that possibly were just talking too loudly to one another, involved in long-running dialogues, with little to no need for others to interfere in. It made DorianGray think..

What are the streets used for?

The question had haunted him for a while now, and he missed the discussions that, according to his grandfather, his bloodline had always so much enjoyed.. Or maybe, just maybe, DorianGray was just deafened by the other discussions and did not find the right place to get involved. As he sat down, he wondered

What can I do about it? Would others feel the same? What if they do..?

Dorian realized Philadelphia residents were having a heavy presence in today's streets, yet the only thing DorianGray disliked about that fact was that people from other cities would feel discouraged to speak out. That city had set a high standard and Detroit's Dorian could only admire that. He did wonder, though, whether he would be able to mobilize people into speaking. He looked to his right side and noticed Seattle's Long_Island_Lolita Right Hand sitting speaking there with her crew leader Artie_Bucco, the latter being one of the few to break through the Philadelphia Streets hegemony, and saluted the couple. Looking at Artie_Bucco, DorianGray decided to just go make a statement. Dorian didn't mind to look like a fool and he was pretty sure his family head Random and his right hand man Mumen_Rider would allow him to..

He stood up, grabbed a soapbox, walked to the clearing on the corner of the park, placed the box carefully and climbed on top of it.

What idiots are prepared to stick out there necks to make these Streets to what they once were?

Dorian looked around him and noticed noone being impressed with his opening statement.. Maybe he should have made it all look a little fancier, add some drinks, snacks, sausages even to attract Lam and Jeb, too. But well, he had not organised any of that.. So he just continued to speak, as he noticed PhreakingPanda pass by..

Where are the idiots that are willing to step forward into an interactive discussion?

Dorian looked around

Yes, that is right. I do not have an agenda. I have no reason to speak, but I am here, speaking, sticking my neck out, ready to discuss trivial and non-trivial stuff with other idiots!

Report Post Tips: 12 / Total: $301,422 Tip

Artie grabbed one of the makeshift badges that are usually at these conventions and scrawls Artie across it.  He made sure to fill out the whole space because people had been known in the past to stick an F in front.  He missed a good soapbox.  Maybe there had been soapboxes in use recently but the use had definitely declined.

DorianGray had been spotted a few times in Seattle and had even ventured into Artie’s restaurant.  Dorian had seemed like quite an intelligent fellow, from a lineage that had never seemed intimidated when it came to just sticking their neck into conversations.

Greetings Dorian.  You do make a fine point about talking to oneself.  I often feel I get the most intelligent conversations when I am talking to myself.  Smartie Artie on my shoulder tells me that often.

So I ask, why a soapbox in a park?  Are there more people on a street corner than a park?  People go to parks for peace, quiet and the tranquillity of being at one with the insects and dirt.  I never understood it myself personally.  Why sit on the ground when people have gone to the time and effort to manufacture chairs to sit on?  If the extent of human development is to aim higher and further than the generation before, why sit around on the ground like cavemen?

Artie feels he was digressing from the point, but felt it still needed to be made.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

DorianGray felt pleased to at least have someone show up at the improvised meeting, that was held in the corner of the park, just like Speaker's Corner is in the corner of Hyde Park, London, England, which basically meant it was on the corner of a street as well as in the corner ofthe park.

As he stood there, he listened to Artie_Bucco, whose name tag said ARTIE, and wondered what the good man thought of Dorian's, as he just stated to prefer to talk to and with himself instead.

Askie started arting some very existential questions, and for a moment DorianGray felt tempted to ask his sponsor Ubermensch to join in and explain some of Nietzche's ideas on the progress of mankind as a reply to Artie_Bucco, but in the end Dorian decided to wait for a moment for others to answer Artie_Bucco instead. After all, that was Dorian's intention, not to have an idiot dialogue, but a proper meeting instead..

He stepped off of his soapbox, kicked against it's side to check once more how stable it was, but mainly to invite others to step up, and took a step away from the street corner, into the park.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Walking through the streets, Justice noticed DorianGray atop his soapbox. Justice had some free time for once so decided to hear out his fellow Detroitian. Dorian was quickly climbing the ranks within his family, and so Justice was interested in liaising with him. Who knows, maybe a few criminal enterprises could arise from this conversation. 

He agreed with him on certain points, and nodded his head along as Dorian spoke. Lighting a cigarette, he waits for a break in Artie and Dorians conversation. 

Well DorianGray, I'm an idiot and I have a neck, so I feel like we are kindred spirits! I find my main problem here isn't the lack of discussions to stick my neck into, it's that there's often too much discussion and not enough neck! Also a lot of the time there are stories being told, where one simply cannot stick their neck in. So what's the solution to this? We make our own stories! Detroit needs some representation in these here streets, and I'm willing to help out! If anyone, regardless of city wants to spin a tale with me, feel free to send a letter to my secretary. 

Having never spoken so much in public, Justice decided it was probably time to shut up and allow someone else to have their turn. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Artie stood on the soapbox, always the lover of his own voice, and looked about. There had been little uptake in DorianGray’s convention but decided he was not going to let it fail today. On a Sunday; when people go to church, where on Easter Sunday’s they hear stories of resurrection and things like that...Artie would do his own spot of resurrecting. 

Dorian, I was having a think this morning while taking my morning shower that I see so many stories on the streets. Now I travel far and wide in my search for quality ingredients to use in Vesuvios and everywhere I go I try to leave my mark. Take in some of the local businesses that people have taken the time to build and nurture; whether it’s a few holes of golf, a coffee or abuse at a chip wagon. As a small business owner myself, these visitors either from out of town or within my own city are always a welcome distraction from the feeling of talking to oneself. 

Obviously, there are people known to us all who are comfortable speaking. The names pop up here, the same names are found in their cities helping out the businesses as well as on their travels. 

The annoying ones are the people who, rightly or wrongly, come across to me as people only interested in their own stories. They are very visible in the streets and only there. They are rarely found frequenting the places where individuals might gain confidence to speak in the streets. 

I think if you want to build a busy street, then the people who create a story and drop it into the streets should maybe look closer to home and help a brother or sister out. Get bustling businesses and opinions in the streets will follow. Stick to the streets like some and then what you say can easily be viewed as just being a self obsessed windbag.

Now I mean no disrespect obviously, but if you feel this rings a little close to home then there will be some businesses near you who would appreciate your custom. 

Artie gingerly steps off the soapbox and checks its integrity to ensure there is no public health and safety issue.

Report Post Tip

The bagel cart pusher was supposedly in this park selling his sometimes stale and all the time cheap offerings. Adonis' bodyguards swore by them. When they weren't looking the goods at a business he had a hand in, they were scoffing down the very appreciated goods at Breads and Spreads in Philly.

But when out in the common streets, it was hard to find something to keep his entourage happy. A bullet in the ass just wasn't motivation enough to have them follow him out here day in and day out. The thought of a snack at the bagel cart though, that had them ready to take one for the team.

When they arrived on scene, the guy was nowhere to be found. One of Adonis' bodyguards felt the need to kick then flip over a bin, while another chased a gaggle of geese, hoping to nab himself something to turn into a snack for the growing group of rowdy gangsters. Adonis paid them well. But when their stomachs weren't appropriately appeased, even he couldn't stop a hangry riot in a park.

Needing something to divert their attention, Joe Adonis looked around for something and noticed a group. Upon closer squinting it seemed some familiar faces were a part of it. He had no clue what they were speaking about yet right now that didn't matter. He just needed something to focus the groups energy. With a whistle, he gathered their attention then nodded towards where the real action was, before making his way over.

"Now I mean no disrespect obviously, but if you feel this rings a little close to home then there will be some businesses near you who would appreciate your custom."

Making his way through the growing crowd, Adonis heard the last part of what Artie was saying. With his men now positioning themselves in strategic points, surveying the area and those in attendance for any possible threats, or evidence to the bagel cart having been here, the man himself decided to take center soapbox.

With a hop, Adonis was now on the stage. He had to gather his balance before looking out at those present.

"I like a customized car. Or bike. There is a business in Philly that does something of the sort. And one in Detroit that could do that too. I also like to be in business. With whomever, wherever. Set me an idea and I'll back it and do what I can to bring it into reality. Not all will get the attention they deserve, but they will get the backing they might just need."

Adonis nodded a few times, happy with his efforts before stepping away from the power position.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Idiot convention
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL