Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 12:43:12
Page:  1 
South Philly Distribution Started by: Adonis on Nov 13, '18 06:12

Just as Jack always told him, stay dangerous. It was a phrase he lived by since coming to Race Street. It didn't just mean killing someone or something either. It was a mindset. A way of life, even. Always being there, ready and willing to do what was necessary for what one valued. War was one part of the equation, growing and progressing was another and just as threatening piece to some.

Dangerous, Joe looked, as he stood tall with his hands clasped in front of his abdomen. He was where most began, on the Race Street Pier. Whether a blooming thug or a maturing leader, all would know the feeling of walking across those planks of wood, staring out through the crowds of people into the Delaware.

There was nothing else like it until you got your photo on the wall of the East Cat. Those first fleeting steps replaced by a solid memory set in photo framed stone. But it always began here, for both the new and the newest. William Bowden was the first captain under Jack Mezzo. Joe Adonis, the second. And each time they were the fresh faced overly eager go-getta. Now, there was to be another.

Race Street and Philadelphia's finest were on the Pier for the occasion and those that extended beyond the brotherly green bonds were also welcome. It was a day to embrace another into the rank of South Philly Captaino, working to represent the ever infamous Philadelphia banner.

With Jack Mezzo, Gavin and Tara Byrne, William Bowden, Yvette and Ilaria Santoro all standing proudly, Joe Adonis addressed them and others before him with Arturo Strigliori close at his side. They were at the end of the pier, under the gaze of the new moon. The lamps kept the area nicely lit, allowing the gathering just the right amount of light needed to usher in a new era.

"It's another momentous occasion. On the heels of a great defensive effort, we are in a position to expand further. This man has been the friendly shadow to my craziness. A diplomatic ear, a guiding voice and represents exactly what Race Street is through and through. Jack has granted Arturo the task of starting a small operation called South Philly Distribution, in honor of the late Eddie Stobart.

It may be in its infancy, but with Mr. Strigliori behind the reigns we no doubt see this growing into the most profitable and prominent liquor imports and stock distribution company on all the East coast.

So without further fluff from me, I give you Arturo."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Arturo stepped forward and nudged his hat up so his eyes could meet with those of his audience. He slowly looked around and gave a few bobs of the head in a nod. He cleared his throat, and spoke up above the distant waves. As he met each of his friends with eye contact, they could see his eyes shine with the reflection of both the moon and the lamps. 

"Good evening, my friends— no. My family. I have had a long and incredible journey in the employ of the Race Street Company, formerly known as the Race Street Operation. I have witnessed mountains of sand rise and fall, as the winds of change blow underneath. I have seen the growth and flourishing of many young and promising associates, and the withering decay of names now lost to the shadows. This journey has allowed me so many great experiences and so afforded me so much knowledge that I will keep with me as I take the next step.

It's both an honor and a privilege of mine to accept the role which I have been offered. It is also with great sadness, as my friend and colleague Eddie Stobart could just as easily have been accepting this position had he not passed suddenly. I am no Eddie Stobart. I will not pretend to be him. But I will live on with his memory and do my very best to honor his legacy. 

It won't be easy. However, I know I won't be going on this journey alone. I am excited to be working with members of Race Street in a new capacity, and I look forward to what the future will hold for us. Thank you."

Report Post Tip

Standing in the crowd of gathered family members and other alike, Charlie could not help but smile sadly, yet his eyes held excitement for the new things to come. Business was going to be looking up, Arturo was now becoming a Boss, in his own right and now held his own standing within Race Street that very few ever did. It was truly spectacular. 

Arturo had been there when he had first joined Race Street and he had looked up to the man, he had all three things one needed to get ahead in this life. It was not surprising that he had reached this stage, but still, it was saddening. The man had been one of the best, hopefully, they could fill the hole that was left in the crew, they had many people who would want too and looked good on paper to be one of the hands, but it was still a matter of doing so.

Charlie nodded and whispered under his breath, his voice sad, yet still held the quivering tone of excitement underneath.

"To Arturo Strigliori, may The Good Times Roll indeed..."

Report Post Tip

Standing in the back next to Nikita, I place a cigar between my lips and set it on fire.

“This is going to be the fourth operation in the family. Four fucking crews. More than some cities altogether....”

I said to her. I don't know about anyone else, but I was amazed with how colossal the family was becoming.

To many extends I was lucky to be here. And I owed that to a man who was not among us right now. Eddie fucking Stobard. He was dead but Jack was gonna make sure he was kept alive among us. The distribution was his vision, and now Arturo was gonna give shape to it. That alone demonstrated what kind of men these folks were.

“These guys are all good fellas. Real stand up ones you know? Eddie was next in line and had this whole thing in mind and instead of keeping the spoils out of his death like some pilgrims would do, they recognize the man and turn this into a sort of tribute to the man. Who does this? I tell you what, for a man with little emotions left, sometimes I felt like a bad man next to these guys”

I was kinda meaning it, but for some reason she decided to laugh, so I laughed back.

“You know what? Back in the day when I first came here, Arturo was always breaking my balls. Always. For a while I thought the guy didn't like me. But then I realized it was all due to the fact we were and are a little the same in some aspects. And that´s when I started appreciating the guy. It's funny to look back and see how things happen in this business. The guy is now a mob boss..”

For a moment my eyes met Arturo´s from the distance and that´s when I gave him a knowing nod while raising my glass of whiskey.

Report Post Tip

Race Street had been through a lot lately but moments like this served to add to the feeling that it knew no way but forward. Some days it felt like all any of them had to do was hang on and keep up, such was the momentum of this train they rode and the energy it always seemed to find.

Of course the reality was far more complex, William thought to himself. It was by the hard work of the men and women here today, both physically and in spirit, that any of this had become possible. The driven heartbeat of the Company ran through every chest assembled to witness this proud moment that one of their own rose to be a leader in his own right. Arturo had arrived here only a short time after William himself and had been a stalwart ally to their work. He was well deserving of the new role and would do Eddie's memory proud if history was any judge. Will stepped forward with a wide smile for the man of the moment.

"Truly well spoken, Arturo. Your actions and words have shown you to be a man of strength and integrity. A man that will help guide this new chapter of our story towards a bright future. I'm proud to stand alongside you in this venture and look forward to seeing what you're able to accomplish with this opportunity."

Report Post Tip

Looking back on our journey, I'm stunned to see how far we have traveled together. 

We've got generations of men and women working for us, from those present at our conception, through to those we took on board today. 

Mr. Strigliori, you've been a loyal and unwavering figure within this company since the early days. You've done what's been asked of you and shown great understanding of the approach Race Street was founded on. One of our key values is opportunity, a fundamental part of what we're all about. Today I give you the highest responsibility it is within my power to give, a responsibility you have earned through your service to us.

I believe that you will be as significant addition to our operation as William and Joe have been. Though it's true, we wanted to see Eddie in this position, I consider myself a fortunate old son of a bitch that I can look within my ranks and find someone as deserving to step up in his place.

Rest well, Eddie Stobart, and Saluti, Arturo Strigliori. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: South Philly Distribution
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL