Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 15:13:18
Page:  1 
A Butchers Delight Started by: KingofMeatPopsicles on Nov 14, '18 05:20

King found himself sitting at his desk pondering the events that led him to this new place. It all started with a stay in the beautiful city of Seattle with Toni_Sandberg until an old friend called up on him to come to Philadelphia. The ancestors of King and Spaceman was a long and storied friendship so it was honor to come and join his family. After a while with the man of space, King was once again called on to go help an old family friend. Taking solace in knowing that he was still part of Philly the transition wasn't as difficult as he imagined. Then he walked through the doors of the Java Cartel and its lovely boss lady ConstanceBonacieux, though old and bitter, she was still a gem to be with. At the cartel there were many old friends to be reunited with. It was a great time to do some catching up.

Then all hell broke loose...........

Roused from slumber early one morning by the bosses it was time to take action. Bullets were flying, bodies were falling and adrenaline was coursing through the body. It was a long day and at the end a sigh of relief was let out and slumber crept in once again.

Then all hell broke loose..........

Roused from sleep once again it was time to dodge bullets and return fire as best as possible. Another long day ensued and in the end another sigh of relief was let out. There was a little more sense of safety that night and King slept like a rock.
Spending the next day at the Java Cartel assessing the damage and tidying up the place for the old lady before she awoke from her afternoon nap, King took a breather in his little office and spent some time counting the days take when there was a shadow that fell across the desk. Looking up from the desk there was the wonderful Constance herself standing in front of him.

"King, the GF has called you into action. Go meet with him and get the details." Constance stated and spun on her heels and left the room.

Not being one to disobey an order, King made his way to the Pharmacy HQ as quickly as he could. Rushing through the doors and almost tripping over Rubix who was sleeping in the main foyer, King made his way to the very familiar office of the godfather and sat down across the table from his old boss, Spaceman

"You wanted to see me sir?" King asked and added "Hope all is well?"

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Spaceman glanced briefly at the bullet holes that had plastered the crown molding and wall around The Pharmacy's office.  He sighed briefly as he answered the question.

"It could be worse, my friend.  But that isn't why we're here, my dear Meat Popsicle.  From the moment you made the journey across the country from Seattle, I knew there was a special quality to you.  Maybe it was the kebabs.  Maybe it was the charcuterie spread that you freely gave to our patients before surgery to make sure they didn't go on the operating table hungry - perhaps it was the special meat slurry tea that you gave me every night.  For my health, of course."

"Your service in Philadelphia has been exemplary - from your time in my personal employ to your assistance founding The Java Cartel.  But neither of these businesses are your forté; every king needs a castle.  It's time for you to have yours."

Spaceman slid him a sheet of paper with an address in the west side of the Old City District.

“A vacated butchery a few minutes away from here.  There’s some industrial equipment en route to the building that should help you hit the ground running.  Go forth, and find Philadelphia the finest carving apprentices of the land."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"With great honor I accept this offer Spaceman, I only hope to live up to the standards you have set for Philly and look forward to working with you and Constance in OCD and the rest of the Philly families." King replied.

After the meeting was done it was time to find his home so King set out to find the building he was to call his HQ. After a couple hours of being sidetracked by a pack of street dogs sniffing at him non stop King finally made it to the new building that Spaceman had procured for him. Upon first glance King noticed a shop in the front and some offices off to the back in a much larger building that could house some future members. After entering the building King spent the night dusting off some desks and getting some orders in to fill the future butcher shop that would take up the front store space. Once all was done King flopped onto his bed fully clothed and drifted into a deep sleep. 

The next morning Spaceman stopped by to view the progress and asked King for a tour. The two made their way through the door of the offices into the butcher shop where JaceCorso and Father_Omalley were stocking the shelves getting ready for opening day. While King and Space stopped for a few little snacks of meat, cheese samples and a demonstration on how the sausages were made Space looked over one of the counters and noticed a horses head in one of the corners.

"Ummmm King, what the hell is that all about?" Spaceman asked while eyeing the sausages suspiciously

"Oh that, I wouldn't worry about that. That's for a little movie side project for my friend Vito C, nothing to do with the sausages. I'm not that crazy." King replied.

Nodding to his trusted friends, Jace and FOM,  King and Spaceman  stepped out the front doors and into the streets. Turning back they looked up at the building and envisioned how it would look in the next little while. There was a sign up but it was covered for the time being. Over the front windows a temporary sign was in place that read "Under Construction....Opening Soon....King's Butcher Shop"

"Well what do you think boss?" King asked

Report Post Tip

The sound of machinery faded as he walked out into the front of the building along with KingofMeatPopsicles, JaceCorso and the good Father.  The thick, metallic scent of blood fresh in his nose from touring the facility battled for supremacy with the fresh air of the outdoors.  While he preferred the aromatics of The Java Cartel, Spaceman was grateful that he now had a new location in Philadelphia to bring Rubix prizes; holding a small bag of trimmings for the dog, Spaceman took a view of the building as he looked down both sides of the street, taking in the hustle and bustle of the city.

"That'll do, King. That'll do.  Congratulations on your new venture, my friends.  You'll do this city well."

Report Post Tip

Jace was working up a sweat running around setting things up for @KingsOfMeatPopsicles, this was his first real job and he was eager to impress the man who gave him a chance to be something in Philly. Upon seeing the arrival of godfather Spaceman Jace stopped briefly smiling and waving before bowing respectfully and heading back to work. 

The young man full of energy and a little accident prone due to nerves ran off into the building and continued trying to stock everything so they would be set up and ready for opening day.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Butchers Delight
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL