Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 12:41:32
Page:  1 
Finding that special someone: Part I Started by: Charlie__Pavanno on Nov 21, '18 09:10

Charlie sighed as he arrived at his location, Corktown, Detroit. He remembered walking these very streets and it was something that led to him starting the infamous walk up to the Ivory Tower, although they were based elsewhere. He knew that this place would bring up old memories and he would allow them to stick with him for a while, before going on his way, he needed to make sure that this kid, Santino was alright and prepared to have a good life. 

"Let's get something to eat..."

He walked into a small diner and finding himself sitting at a booth in the corner, as a waitress had already poured him a Cup of Joe. He read the newspaper that lay on the dining table and finding the Local News nothing to truly be surprised at. He heard the shootings that had taken place, he himself being involved on the other side of things, providing support and safety for his fellow men-at-arms. 

"The ever-evolving life that we live in, eh?"

Charlie looked up, finding himself looking at a sleazy bastard of a man, dressed in a brown leather jacket, some blue jeans, and boots. He made the impressive Greaser type gangster, yet Charlie could tell that this man was no normal Greaser and had the look of a wolf who was waiting for the next kill on his face. He was cunning and ready to become much more than he truly deserved, it was clear that he was ambitious and rather keen for a much more suitable role. 

He gave the man a small grin, before tilting his head in faux curiosity, allowing him to look a lot different than what he truly was. The man would try to take advantage hopefully and Charlie could learn something valuable, hoping that he could earn a little money off of it also. 

"We? Sir, I am afraid I have no clue of what you speak, I am simply a bartender who gets good tips, I work at The Blackhawk Resturant, real classy people..."

Now nobody would buy that if Charlie had worn a three-piece suit with a nice fedora and his black oxfords. Only he had opted to not wear his prized suit, instead of the usual clothing that he wore, he was actually wearing a Driving Cap, a white t-shirt and blue jeans. Along with some worn black boots. 

"Well excuse me, I am just sure that I've seen you around here before. Must be my old age, eh?"

Already, Charlie picked up the lie and the man was onto him like white on rice. This was not going to be the usual talk that people would walk off after a while, the man was here for something and with caution, Charlie drank his Cup of Coffee and allowed his eyes to look over the rim, making sure to keep an eye on the man opposite him. 

"There is nothing to excuse you of, my friend, you were simply mistaken and you are by no means old. Would you like me to buy you anything, after all, working at the Blackhawk has given me some good money thus far."

He answered with a grin, but before the man could answer, a teenager, who could be no older than thirteen, walked towards their booth and stood behind the man, whispering in his ear and oddly enough this had him remembering the conversation with Isabella, looking at the boy's features and found them to be a little more defined, but still they remained the same in some way. 

Charlie's question was answered when he heard the sleazy man talk to the boy.

"Sonny, what did I tell ya? You gotta wait, alright!? Now go sit over there and bother another one of the guys."

Charlie looked at the boy in question and found that he was looking at him with a curious stare that he had to have been raised by Isabella. He sighed, turning away, making sure that he did not bring any suspicion onto himself. He leaned back, sipping his coffee, knowing that this was now going to be a rather long conversation.

He found him, he found Santino DiCaprio, now it was time to get him away from this life.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Sonny DiCaprio, the very lad that he was here to save and yet, here he was, in a random diner in Corktown, that screamed too much of a coincidence. The Lad was obviously of high profile, by the way, that he held himself and addressed the men he worked with, but it was clear who was in control, The Head Greaser here had possibly roped in Sonny, promising him something and he could only guess what. Only by the look on Sonny's face when he saw him, well, it lit up, like Sony had known him somehow. 

Charlie sipped the cup of Coffee once more, looking across to find the man looking at him with a raised eyebrow, it was clear that the man was suspicious of him. Well Charlie was not one to leave a person waiting and instead, he leaned forward with a thin smile, but it appeared more like a smug smirk, it was obvious that both men had suspected the other, but were they going to chomp down on these suspicions? It remained to be seen. 

"Mr...? I never got your name, I noticed that you looked at the boy like you knew, he has a rather sad story that I wanted to protect him from. He had a mother figure that abandoned him, left him for the city of Brotherly Love, I felt sorry for the kid and brought him in with me. He has warmed up to us here and he is one of the greatest men in my company..."

The man was testing waters, he was clearly ready to start a fight if he needed to get information. He subtly mentioned Isabella and The Race St. Company and this had him on edge, because if he knew of Isabella and her past, then did he know of him? Charlie did not take a sip of coffee this time, knowing that if he paused and tried to come up with such an answer that the man would have his answer and Sonny would be taken away from him with such ease that he would be facing Isabella with no new information.

"Huh, I know the feeling of abandonment well, it's hard, but one never forgets the feelings of their mother, one never forgets the moments of love, warmth, and home. It's never not there, my friend, it just becomes less prominent and you replace it with something new...something easily replaceable...like a plate."

Charlie easily weaved the man's jabs and went for a straight body shot, knowing that his words would hurt the man more than the ones said beforehand. He narrowed his eyes slightly towards the Greaser, finding that the man smiled thinly, almost like he was figuring some shit out, but he paid it no mind. He noticed that Sonny looked at him from across the diner, his eyes averted, before going back to a younger greaser and being teased by them with a soft smile.

"Heh, well, you sure know your stuff. I'll give you that Mr. Pavanno..."

Charlie did not tense, instead, he narrowed his eyes with anger, his eyes holding more fury the infamous Dragon herself, before reaching across the booth and gripping the man's shoulder with a thin smile on his face. Clearly, he was playing a game, he was outwardly showing a sign of friendship, while he kept the true heated words between them. 

"Roger...Roger Potts, it's been a long while. I always did wonder what happened to you all those years ago, while your Cousin died by my hand and Your Brother dying by the Late Lordian's hands. It was...poetic, but then, no one hears of you, until now..."

Roger Potts, The Head Greaser, the man who picked up Sonny DiCaprio, whether, by chance or fate, the boy was indebted to him. He would use that and he would use what Charlie said, he was ready to become what the Potts Gang were ready to become. He was ready to become the Killer of Charlie Pavanno and taking the last pieces of happiness that Isabella Luciano held, well...that was just the cherry on top. 

"This is not going to be like all those times Charlie, Sonny is mine, and no one! Not even Gavin or Isabella is going to fucking stop me!"

Charlie could only watch as Roger stood up, maintaining the friendly smile, before motioning to The Greasers for them to leave with him, they did so, but not before Charlie noticed that Sonny had left something on the table they were sitting at...

He waited until they left and walked over with slow footsteps, almost as if he was walking a minefield. He picked it up and read it, his eyes holding softness for the first time since he entered.

'Did She send you?'

Charlie sighed softly and could only nod, not having enough strength to say the words, with a growl of anger, he walked out and knowing his mission...

It was time to bury the past and Save the future...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Finding that special someone: Part I
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL