Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:12:31
Page:  1 
Every Pocket Has A Silver Lining Started by: Caitlin_McConnell on Jan 25, '08 15:09
Business this morning has kept me well occupied and my attention distracted. But the show must go on, and the office has to stay open. After all, time is money, and if I stop too long, that's money from me, AND from my Boss.

But then as I'm walking to work, I feel a light breeze. I don't know why, but I looked at my watch. The hands showed that it was just before noon. I had been returning from an early lunch, and making my way back to the Red Dragon, Inc. building. When I stepped through the doors though, and the guard asked to see my employee pass, I realized then that my wallet had been lifted.

I'd been mugged! All that while, thinking about business and I didn't realize that simple breeze had been some filthy street rat's hand in my pocket.

And then, the bowsie had the utter balls to place his calling card in my pocket.

So now I know who this joker is, where he works for, and where to find him. It makes me wonder if there are people out there who condone this type of behavior.

But more importantly, should I decide to report this, what would be an appropriate punishment for such an infraction?
Report Post Tip
I'm of the belief that if you didn't welcome this intrusion, then they should give a complete refund. As far as what a just punishment is, I suppose a good kick to the shins would square things.
Report Post Tip
Find the basterd who did this and get your wallet back. Then at gun point make them takes their clothes off and run around in the streets naked.
Report Post Tip
Personally, I like hands in my pockets.

I've been working hard lately and well, any touch is welcome.

My depressing personal stance aside, I think it is highly ballsy on any individual to leave such an obvious link back to themselves. In fact, should they be so cocky, I think that bluff should be called and they should be reported.

The punishment for this sort have thing has been death. I think that is a little extremely. Perhaps a nice round figure could be suggested as a compromise, after all, nobody died and needless violence will only draw attention to ourselves. Enough money can make any unwanted touch a little less unsettling.

..Or so I'm told.
Report Post Tip
You know people have been murdered for mugging...

When I walk down the street I wonder to myself.. I have a family, friends, kids and a life..would I let some 'scum' off the streets take MY wallet.. MY WALLET!!

No. I will protect myself and my cash if permission wasnt given..At least thats how most mafioso would protect their valueables...right?

Squints his eyes and looks around at the crowd while tapping his pistol on his side
Report Post Tip
Perhaps not for some of you roamin' the streets, but I don't quite see the point of welcomin' an intrusion into my personal property and space.

If I wanted a bunch of hooligans shovin' their fists in me pockets, I reckon I would've dropped a litter of kids by now to do the job right.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Every Pocket Has A Silver Lining
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL