Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:30:33
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Back in business Started by: Malcolm_Reynolds on Jan 26, '08 14:35
It was a warm autumn day when Malcolm Reynolds once again became a free man. With a totally false promise to behave himself and an equally false smile, Mal walked out of jail and back into a scene not unlike the one he had left three years before.

The first thing Mal did was find a dime store. From there, he picked up a cheap knife with a six inch blade, a metal ruler, a package of safety matches, and a pen light. From a cheap clothing store, he bought a pair of tennis shoes, a pair of gloves, and a ski mask. Then, he dropped everything into a brown paper bag, walked back to the bus station, got a phone book, and started looking up the addresses for doctors and lawyers.
Report Post Tip
An adjacent pay-phone begins to ring.
Report Post Tip
Mal glanced around, hoping somebody else would pick up the phone. The few other passengers around made no move to do so. Something in the back of his mind told him it was for him. That same feeling told him he shouldn't pick it up. With a sigh and a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach, Mal picked up the phone

"Hello?"
Report Post Tip
Howard waits for the phone to answer and then hears a familair voice

Hello Stranger.How are you today?

Howard can hear the fear in his voice and he responds
Report Post Tip
Mal lets out a gusty exhalation. He recognizes the voice, but he's not sure if he's relieved or not. The fence he'd known only as 'Howard' wasn't his first choice of first contacts, but there were a hell of a lot worse scenerios that could have played out.

Mal glanced around again, wondering if Howard was close enough to be watching him.

"Prison food sucks," Mal commented nonchalantly, "What warrants the call? If you recall, we don't work together anymore. Not after last time,"
Report Post Tip
A patrolmen apporoaches Reynolds from behind and gently taps him on the shoulder. He places a matchbox down.

"Sir, I saw you drop this and I'd shall remind you that littering will not be tolerated. This time, I'll let it slide."

The patrolman then walks off.
Report Post Tip
Howard thinks to himself fucking basutrdad should i do him now?

Watch how you speak to me my friend,since you have been away i have become quite the shotter,oh and i like your red boxers. YES thats how close i can see.

Howard waits for a response from his 'friend',while he messes with the scope on his gun.
Report Post Tip
Mal sighs

"I'm disappointed, Howard. I really am. What are you gonna do? Shoot me? Jump out of the bushes and rape me? You're so fixated on my underwear...."

"Look, if you want to talk face to face like two adults, there's a cafe down the block. Meet me there,"

With that, Mal hung up the phone and turned his attention to the matchbox the cop had set down. At first, he thought it was the same one he had bought earlier. Now, he realized it was a hard back matchbox with the logo of a restraunt.

Saint Marco's Bistro

Mal groaned. First, Howard was threatening to shoot him and now the Mob wanted a sit down. Not yet twenty four hours back on the street and already in over his head.

Pocketing the matchbox, Mal headed toward the cafe he'd mentioned to Howard. He could really use a decent meal and a cup of coffee.
Report Post Tip
Howard knew that this wasnt what Malcom was like he knew he was up to something. He choose not to go to the cafe but to follow him to this resturant that was displayed on the back of the matchbox malcom had picked up
Report Post Tip
Mal strolled down to the greasy spoon. It was one of those places that served breakfast all day, so he got steak and eggs with a cup of coffee. After years of prison food, this was ambrosia. He must have been a bit overenthusiastic because his waitress kep giving him odd looks.

Even stranger, Howard never showed up. Not that Mal was dying for his company, but not knowing what that guy was up to bothered him. Mal belched contentedly. Screw it. He wasn't gonna let him ruin his first meal as a free man.

After he was done, Mal tipped generously and walked around to a bus station. No sense putting this off anymore, he told himself. The bus took him to withing two blocks of his destination: Saint Marco's Bistro.

The place hadn't changed a bit. It was still the same upscale Italian restraunt. Mal walked up to the the head waiter and announced himself. Hopefully, he wouldn't be kept waiting long
Report Post Tip
Howard had decided against the resturant and decided to head to the cafe, he just caught Malcolm walking out of the cafe and went up behind him

Hello stranger,Ill come with you.

Howard placed the barrel of his gun against Malcolms ribs
Report Post Tip
The camera SW held was a crappy two piece Kilton, he'd stolen it off a wealthy family in the bronx.

"It does the job though," thought SW quickly taking another picture of the unusual pair collaborating together out front of an old cafe.

"If only i could hear them,"

SW rolled up his window and pursued the duo driving past them quickly and parking the car up the road, as he headed towards the cafe.

Holding a news paper, SW quickly saw what bound the pair together, a small revolver could be seen poking into the large back of Reynolds.

Drawing his piece covertly, SW sat at a near by table and lowered the pistol at Howard.

He knew he was the only one that could stop either of them doing any thing foolish.
Report Post Tip
Howard had spotted the gun straight away and thought to himself: is he really that foolish to try and shoot me?
Report Post Tip
SW waves his hand at the near by waitress, shes pretty with long black hair and round eyes.

"can i grab a pot of coffee and maybe a few pieces of bread?"

Moments later the waitress returns and hands SW his order. He takes it from her and conceals his weapon once more in his jacket pocket.

He relises hes been spotted by Howard and leans forward revealing the spot he had once held his weapon, hoping Howard would soon realize he intended no harm.
Report Post Tip
Howard gestures towards SW to hostler his gun otherwise he would regret it
Report Post Tip
Mal couldn't help but laugh

"Are you really stupid enough to walk into the biggest Mob hangout in the city with a loaded gun?"

Mal laughed again

"I just hope I get to watch them grind you into sausage meat,"
Report Post Tip
The threat is received and SW stands grabbing his cup of coffee while doing so.

"May i join you?"

Not waiting for an answer SW sits and smiles at the two.
Report Post Tip
Howard thinks to himself i probably know them all

Malcolm, Hello my friend nice to see you, i see you have come to MY resturant? Yes thats right your looking at the top dog in this place,to you feel stupid or what?
Report Post Tip
Howard bursts out laughing!

You should seen that look on your face you smug git!
Report Post Tip
"Oh, I'll admit I was worried," Mal said, pulling back and straightening his jacket, "I was worried you'd lost what little sanity you had left,"

Mal sat down at a nearby table and tried to relax

"I guess I should be flattered that you keep following me around. I mean, normally only celebrities have there own stalkers, but as heart warming as all this is, I have bigger things to worry about,"

Mal reached into his half-empty pack of smokes. With a slightly trembling hand, he lit up and took a drag. The things were poison, but they were the only things that could clear his head now

"I owe some very heavy people a good piece of change for a job that didn't go down the way it should have. To top it off, half the gangsters in this town have a grudge of some kind with me, so you'll excuse me if I'm not in the mood for you're little head games,"

"I don't guess that there's any chance that you're acutally Connected?"
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Back in business
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL