Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 12:22:29
Page:  1 
Bloody Knuckles in New Orleans Started by: JohnMarston on Dec 06, '18 02:46

Bourbon St., New Orleans

Le Boxeur Gym

It was a long ride, but John had been determined on his journey down to New Orleans as it was somewhere that his name was not posted all around. The city provided him with plenty of opportunities to earn money that weren't always available to him in other cities. Partially this was due to the impressive night life that was found here. Although there were plenty of banks, businesses, and other places he could knock over to make a quick buck there was one thing that he had his eye on. 

There was apparently a decently large underground boxing operation which came with plenty of betting. His plan wasn't to rob the event and instead he wanted to find a talented boxer that would be underestimated. Get those odds highly in favor of the opponent and then rake in all the cash at the end of the night. 

The biggest problem with his plan was the lack of a boxer to fight for him. He himself had been involved in a bit of boxing out west and his name was still known out here due to his position in the Seattle underworld. So fighting for his own earnings wasn't really an option as the take would be quite less even if he had somebody else betting on him along with winning the purse. This was why he found himself heading over to 'Le Boxeur Gym' on Bourbon Street. Hopefully he could find a potential candidate there and they would be interested in helping him out. 

As he made his way into the gym he spotted plenty of boxers spread out across the gym whether they were sparring, hitting the bag, shadow boxing, or just exercising in general. A few people caught his eye immediately and he figured that it would take some observation to really find the true talent hidden in the gym. 

"You need something?" An older gentlemen came over with sweat glistening on his forehead.

"I'm just taking a look at the talent you got here. Hoping to possibly inquire about managing some new talent." John figured that it was best to be partially honest and partially dishonest with the man in order to avoid being asked to leave.

"Hmm. Well I don't usually let too much go on in here besides training. Don't need people distracting themselves with the idea of fame. Hard work is what needs to be happening in my gym. But I suppose you can stay for a bit, just don't get in the way too much." The man nodded at John as he went back to the pair that was sparring in the ring.

John tipped his cap at a few of the boxers as they walked by and then went to go lean against a far wall away from most of the boxers so that he could get a good view of the whole room. One man was pounding away at the bag with some great power, although the behemoth would most likely have the odds of any fight leaning his way. Not the ideal target. 

Eventually after some time his gaze landed upon a woman who was shadow boxing in the corner away from everyone else. A brunette with a few scrapes and bruises on her face and arms. She wasn't large, but she was lightning fast. Right jab, right jab, left hook, right uppercut, left jab, right cross. All in succession and with expertise. She was going on and on like a machine without taking a break, the look of determination never leaving her face the entire time. This could be exactly who he needed to win that prize money. He had nabbed the main bout of the night with some small lies and a bit of bribery that he hoped to win back and much more. 

The main bout was going to be against an up and coming amateur boxer known as Christopher 'Battling' Battalino who wasn't large himself. The thing he had going for him was his large amount of knockouts in all his fights so far. The man knew how to take his opponent out and send them to the ground hard. Although he was from Connecticut and underground boxing wasn't exactly welcomed for men on his path he still needed to earn some extra cash. The odds would definitely be in Battalino's favor if he could bring this woman to the fight. Too many men would be distracted by her sex to even contemplate her level of skill or how hard she has trained. The money would be flowing in his direction at the end of the night.

Now all he had to do was convince her that she should fight tonight....

She didn't even notice him approaching as she continued to practice her combos, "Hello miss, my name is John Marston. I hope you don't mind me inquiring about who you are."

The punches stopped flying through the air as she let her hands finally fall to her side. Turning towards John she said, "My name is Rebecca_Ferrari. Why do you want to know?"

John understood her defensiveness to a stranger inquiring about her identity. He figured if he wasn't careful with his words that he might catch a right hook in the jaw. So he chose his next statement a bit carefully...

"Well my business has brought me to New Orleans in order to deliver a fighter for an underground fight tonight. It will be for the main bout and the biggest purse overall. To be honest with you, I've been here trying to find somebody that would be underestimated and help me win some major cash through betting. I think you fit that role perfectly." He watched as her eyes narrowed a bit and her jaw moved about as she wondered if he was being truthful.

"The fight will be tough, but I think you'd have a very good chance of taking the victory. You'd be fighting Christopher Battalino. So it's no slouch. I'd be willing to negotiate your take of the winnings. I've put some money up front to get ownership of the open spot in that fight and I'll put the money up for the bet. So I'll need a good percentage to get my money back and some more. You'll get the prize money and a cut of the winnings from my bet." John looked over as one of the boxers hit the mat after taking a uppercut to the jaw.

"Hopefully you don't end up like that, I doubt you would though. So what are your thoughts on my offer?" John leaded up against the wall and awaited Rebecca's response.

Report Post Tips: 13 / Total: $260,000 Tip

Rebecca leaned over to grab the towel she had lying on top of her bag and used it to dab the sweat off her face as she studied the man and considered his proposal.  The fact that she was at this gym was happen stance.  She had ran across it after selling the load of coke she had brought down from Detroit and had thought squeezing in a work out before heading to her motel room would be a good idea.

She rolled the man's name around in her head, John Marston.  Something seemed familiar about it, but it wasn't coming to mind exactly how.  As for this Christopher Battalino fellow, she had no idea.  He was probably some local star.  Well it was her first shot at a main event and it was at that level the money really started getting good.   Truth be told she really needed the money.  

Finally she responded, " Alright, but I want 20 percent of your winnings."  Then as an after thought she smirked and added, "... and drinks afterwards."

She took the towel in both hands and flipped it over her head to lay loosely around her neck as she looked at him and waited to see how he replied.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

John smiled at the addition of drinks offered after her initial request of twenty percent from the winnings. That plus the prize money would be plenty for her and his eighty percent of the betting money would cover costs and give him a good profit. 

"Alright, I can do twenty percent. I assume that I'll be paying for those drinks as well." He smiled and extended his hand towards.

They shook on the deal....

"So, how about we get you some water and I can go over a few details on the fight and who it is that you're fighting." John motioned towards the water fountain and a couple of benches sitting up against the wall.

He could see the old man still keeping an eye on him, but hopefully their business would be done soon enough that it would get John out of the man's sight till later on. As they approached the other side of the gym, Rebecca_Ferrari went for the water and John went for the bench. 

"Alright. The man you're fighting isn't a big feller. He's about five foot five and falls into the featherweight division of the amateur circuit as he makes his way towards going pro. The thing is with this guy that he has a very strong lower body and he uses that along with his quick hands to land some heavy punches." Rebecca was still taking a few drinks from the fountain and nodding when she could. 

"He may dance around a bit at times, but he'll try to get you to attack until he finds his opening to land a few powerful jabs. The problem with his technique is going to be the fact that he is slow to move his feet mid punch as he uses his legs as anchors to put that power into his punch. Essentially he's patient and powerful. My advice.....try to side step his attacks and catch him on the side of his head. Sure he will probably get his gloves up every so often, but it should hopefully give you a few times where you can land a good solid punch to his jaw." John pulled out a small bottle of whiskey and took a swig from it.

"I mean, I don't know much about how you fight so this is all just in theory. It'll be up to you to take the bastard down once you're in the ring with him." She finally sat down next to him and looked at him.

"So how much money am I looking at for this fight?" She asked. 

John chuckled at how much focus and confidence she had. She seemed only worried about how much she would get once she won as if it was a guarantee. 

"The fight will land you a nice $25,000. Which is good for an underground fight. If the odds end up anywhere near what I'm expecting then you'll get another $30,000 to $50,000 from your share of the money I win from betting on you. Overall, it's a good nights work and it might grab the attention of some men with contacts in pro boxing." He looked around at the men who were still training around the gym.

"You know, most of these shmucks won't ever do a damn thing when it comes to a boxing career. Maybe you can and this is a good starting point. A sneaky deal with a outlaw from Seattle. So, I assume you're in?" He smiled at her.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

"Yeah I am in."

Rebecca pulled her foot up to rest on the bench and she casually laid her arm on top of her knee that was pulled to her chest. "Most of my opponents tend to be taller than I am so my fighting style tends to be closing the gaps and working the angles.  It usually tends to mean more body blows, but by keeping it close I take away the long arms, you know?  You said he was 5 foot?"

John nodded.

"Well that takes that fighting style out.  To near the same height, but if he is fighting light weights he may not have experienced a smaller opponent and close fighting may be un-familiar to him.  I will just have to see."

Grabbing the corner of her towel she wiped some of the sweet that had fallen into her eye.  "If his power is in his legs than I will need to focus on attacking in the corners and against the ropes where he will have less ability to plant and drive.  It will be important for me to keep him off balance as much as possible.  That kind of fighter needs proper balance to maximize the power in his punches."

Laying her head back against the cool wall, she looked at him a moment.  "From Seattle huh?"  She nodded to herself, "Now I remember why your name rang a bell.  I don't suppose you are the same fella who runs a family out there named The Outlaws are you?"

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

John listened keenly to her strategy and knowledge of the ring. There wasn't much that seemed to be left out when she was considering a strategy. Another thing that helped his confidence that she was the right choice for this fight and that he wasn't going to regret this chance meeting. Then she finally made the connection of his name to where he came from...

"Yeah, the one and only. A decent sized gang and making our mark on the city. Honestly I'm still trying to expand operations and connections for the gang. That's one reason I'm down here in New Orleans and trying to get into the underground boxing business. Definitely some good money in boxing." He stood up from the bench and stretched.

Rebecca_Ferrari stood up with him, "So when is the fight and where do I need to go?"

"Fair questions. The fight is going to be at Midnight. Although there will be a few preliminary fights that will start at nine o' clock. The fights will be over in a warehouse on Eden Isle not far from where the bridge lets out. If I have it right, it's not too far down Oak Harbor Boulevard. I'll wait outside standing with a few of my bodyguards so hopefully you can't miss it." He took one more swig from his bottle of whiskey. 

"Don't be later than ten o' clock. We'll want to get you ready starting by at least eleven. I think it'll be good for you to watch a fight or two before you end up in that ring yourself. You'll want to see how these fights can go. Although they try to keep them clean, it can get a bit dirty every now and then. So you should be prepared for anything." He put the bottle away in his jacket and began to walk towards the old man who owned the gym.

One last thought popped into his mind, "Oh, this crowd will be filled with plenty of criminals and low life pieces of shit. So come dressed appropriately in maybe some sweats or gear and carrying your gloves. That'll hopefully turn away any scum and help you avoid getting into any preliminary fights of your own."

He chuckled at the thought of her putting some scumbag into the dirt, but it was a genuine piece of advice as he didn't want her dealing with any shit prior to her fight. 

"Basically, just be careful and smart. I should be by your side from the start, but just in case we don't find each other immediately. I need to go arrange a few things and put you in as my fighter. You go get ready for that fight. Make sure you eat something that isn't too heavy, but eat something to make sure you're good for the fight. Can't have you fighting on an empty stomach." He nodded at her and continued walking away.

"This'll be the easiest money you've ever made John Marston!" Rebecca yelled after him.

She couldn't see it, but he smirked as he knew that would most likely be the truth. The old man came over to the ropes of the ring as John approached.

"You finally done with your business in here?" The old man growled.

"Yeah, I'm done. Thanks for your hospitality old timer." John handed the man a stack of hundred's and made his way out the door to get ready...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

As she watched John walk out of the gym she couldn't help herself.  Pitching her voice to sound like him she mocked his words.

"Don't eat anything heavy.  Make sure to eat something.  Can't have you fighting on an empty stomach."

She smirked and shook her head.  Men were such woolheads some times.  Did he really think she did not know how her own body reacted to food and the energy required to box such an event.  This wasn't her first go around.  Granted she had never fought in a main event, but she had done her fair share of prep fights and sparring sessions.  

Using her teeth she pulled at the lacing on one of her gloves to loosen it up enough to pull it off her hand.  Coming up to help her, the owner of the gym spoke to her, "I hope that man did not accost you Mrs. Rebecca.  If he did I can send a couple of the boys after him."

Rebecca smiled warmly at the old man.  "No he did not accost me Glen.  He was a perfect gentleman in his own roguish way."  

Glen sniffed at her words, but he did not comment further on the stranger.  Pulling her gloves off he asked, "So how was your experience here?  Will I be seeing you again on your next trip?"

Taking the gloves from him she kissed him on the cheek.  "Yes you will, and I will tell the guys in Philly to check this place out when they are in town too."  She spoke her good byes to him and promised to bring some of her world famous cookies next trip.  Then she grabbed her bag and headed out the door.  She had a lot she needed to do and she did not have a lot of time to do it.

Outside of the gym, she spoke to Henry and a few of her men who had accompanied her on this trip.  She told them what she was going to be doing and knew they would make sure that she would not have any trouble once she got to the fighting location.  After making all the arrangements they checked into the motel that her guys had rented some rooms in and she quickly grabbed a shower.  Throwing on a pair of sweats, a new t-shirt, and her felt hat she grabbed her gym bag and headed out the door towards an Italian place that was just down the street.  A nice bowl of meat and pasta and she would be good to go for this fight tonight.  

She timed everything to arrive 5 minutes before ten at the location John had described.  As promised it seemed that every thug was there for the fights, but her men formed a loose ring around her to keep the ruffians back.  They made their way inside and down towards the ring so that Rebecca could get a good look at the fighting.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

John had arranged a meeting with the bookie for the fights as well as a meeting with the man running the whole event. He had wanted to make sure he put Rebecca_Ferrari on the ticket officially and that he placed his bets. Although it was late notice, John had paid up to make sure he could get somebody in the main event no matter what. It usually made betting a bit crazy and interesting for many when things were known too far ahead. 

The meeting with the man in charge was first and being held in the upstairs office of the warehouse in which the fights would take place. The man running the fights was known as McMullen, an Irishmen who had made his way down south with connections to the fighting scene in Boston. He wasn't the most pleasant man, but for some reason he liked John. 

"Johnny boy! How are ya doin?" McMullen exclaimed as he entered the office.

"I'm doing just fine. I've got a fighter ready for the main event tonight. Her name's...." McMullen cut him off.

"Her? Her name? You're tellin me you've got a woman fightin my boy in the main event?" McMullen was the usual Bostonian Irishmen. 

"Aye McMullen. I be bringin a woman to your fight to kick your boys arse." John did his best Irish accent in response. 

McMullen chuckled as he pulled out his book, "Well go on Johnny boy. What's her name?"

"Rebecca Ferrari. A tough woman out of streets of Philly. I think she'll put up a good enough show for your main event." McMullen took down the name and then passed the information on to his man who would then pass it along to all the different bookies and big money betters. 

John stood up from his chair, "Well I'll be on my way and see you tonight at the fights."

"Aye, you be there early to watch plenty of the fights Johnny boy. I can't wait to be takin your money for that main event loss. Not sure why you put in so much money just to bring me a losing fighter." McMullen began counting some bills and writing down a few more notes in his book as he waved John out the door.

The bookie was just as quick as his first meeting as he placed a couple hundred thousand dollars down on Rebecca as well as a few other smaller bets on the other fights in the hopes it would get him a few more bucks. Eventually one of his men notified him that it was time to get going if he wanted to have any time to get cleaned up for the fight. John would shave, get a hair cut, and put on a new suit as quickly as possible in order to look good for the fight....

A couple fights had already taken place when John looked over to spot Rebecca and her guards coming down towards the ring area. He nodded over at her as their eyes met and decided to let her watch the remaining round of this fight before heading over to talk to her....

Brockers vs Johnson

The first few rounds had been very much a tie and this final round would give the judges what they needed to hopefully declare a winner. John had bet $45,000 on Brockers who was actually the underdog by quite a bit. The one thing John knew was that Brockers was from out of the Seattle area. A stocky frame with lighting fast hands which made him essentially the boxing version of a blitzgrieg attack when he decided to go all out. 

Knowing that, John assumed he would see something special in the final round as Brockers looked to lock up the victory....

Johnson moved in to attack with a few jabs, which mostly landed against Brockers gloves as he protected his face. Quickly moving to land a few hits on Brockers abdomen. It wasn't much, but there was clearly some pain there as it made him wince in pain. Noticing this, Johnson quickly landed a hook to the right side of Brockers head as his glove had dropped down to protect his side. 

"Fuck this don't look so good..." John muttered to himself as he watched.

Johnson didn't let up as he kept up his assault landing a few more hits to the stomach, side, and even one more to the head. The crowd knew that this wasn't looking good either and like sharks sensing blood in the water they began to cheer for the knockout. 

That was when John noticed a smirk appear for just a split second on Brockers face.....and the counterattack began. 

Quick as lighting Brockers glove came up out of nowhere to hit Johnson underneath the chin with a clean uppercut. This sent him staggering backwards.....

He didn't let up and moved forward throwing punches that landed every other one. His combinations were quick and decisive without any second guessing. Even when he was blocked he would adjust and land a hit somewhere else. Eventually Johnson was backed up into the ropes and just trying to block the assault as best he could. 

A jab to the stomach, a hook to the side of the head, a jab to the face....the attack just wouldn't stop and Brockers seemed to have endless energy. The crowd had erupted at this brand new showing from Brockers while some were yelling at Johnson to do something. One blow to Johnson's side must have cracked a rib as the second blow to follow it caused him to completely drop his arms to protect his sides. That's when Brockers landing one of the meanest right hooks he'd ever seen....

Johnson spun around and fell straight to the mat. The ref rushed over to him and waved it off, he was completely knocked out cold. Brockers began walking around the ring with his hands held up high. 

At least that was one win for John's wallet tonight. Time to go check in with the main reason he was here....

John made his way over to where Rebecca was standing, "Excuse me fellas, just need to talk to your boss here. So Rebecca, you enjoy the fight? There are just two more between now and your fight. So you can either watch one more or go start to get ready. It's completely up to you. You're the one fighting." 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Bloody Knuckles in New Orleans
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL