Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:53:46
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
As This World Turns Started by: MooCow on Jan 26, '08 18:02
Yeh, the past has happened you dont know these people they dont know you. Move on its the only way foward.
Report Post Tip
Oh, I see your points guys.

I believe it's true, however, that we live in a world where, unless your father or relative, knows someone or the relative of someone, that it's very difficult to earn new trust and move up in this thing of ours. For example...there has been a few complaints of late about folks not ranking and not being promoted by their leaders. I think this is a valid complaint, however, on the flipside, why should a leader promote someone they don't really know? There's risk involved.

Now, I understand, that it's been said, through hard work, you can achieve all. I haven't seen this to be 100% true (or 100% inaccurate either). Certain people are treated differently based upon old connections and such. Again, I understand this concept.

Also, I believe that some of these available leaders are worthy. Hannibal and his family has always been a valuable member to this thing of ours and Witchy, though I don't know her well, is one of the most helpful, easy going people my bloodline has come across. Prince, too, has experience, but, again, without knowing them personally, coupled with the fact I am loyal to other leaders, know other leaders, and have the desire to see other leaders succeed, how could I ever hope to do my best for them? Why settle for a place that really doesn't fit me?

(Again, these are examples. I have no complaints with any leaders...some of the best crop I've seen in some time honestly)

To simplify my point...why are we trying to limit the decisions of this population? Why take choices away from those that are putting a lot of hard work into this place? Why make us/them settle for secondary things? What is their/our motivation then?
Report Post Tip
The wise old man, who isn't that old, or even especially wise, steps from the shadows to offer some words of advice.

This can all be resolved with a small attitude adjustment.

Look for the positives, not just the negative. Okay, it sucks that you can't go be with your fathers family, but you now have to make a choice, do you hold out for a spot, raise an endless line of descendants telling them only that they have to get back in badass as all else is not good enough? On the other hand, do you maybe step out of your bubble?

I know, given my family line's recent history of taking option one there, I am hardly the man to be offering this advice - but my decision was based on simply not believing in any of the available crew leaders enough to wish to dedicate my life to their family. Doing so would have seemed hypocritical to me.

There is a lot to be said for joining a group with whom you do not already have close ties. It can teach you a lot about yourself; do you actually earn those promotions? Or do you generally get promoted because your grandparents played in the same sandbox as the leader? It can help you take a look at your approach to this life, maybe even reinvigorate your family's approach to our world.

There's a conversation going on down the street about maintaining friendships outside of the family, I won't go into as much detail here, but if you can put aside the inherited loyalty to your fathers family then there's no reason for you to lose touch with your dad's old friends.

Overall the new restrictions on crew size will, once bedded in, hopefully bring far more positives than negatives, perhaps with smaller numbers to manage CLs will once again truly be liable for the actions of their members, something we haven't seen for a long time. Perhaps there will be more familys, less crews. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. The concept has come from a positive place, if you try and look at it from that angle, it will hopefully be easier for you to deal with.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: As This World Turns
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL