Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 11:00:01
Page:  1 
Putting Someone In Our Debt Started by: Luis_Patangeli on Dec 30, '18 19:55

On the South Philly Dockyard....

Luis could be seen by anyone walking up and down the docks with a photograph in his hands. He was chain smoking as usual walking up to various dock workers and holding the picture by their face as he looked for Mr. Frankie Vale

"Well this isn't him" Luis said in a dissappointed tone.

"He's got to be here somewhere boss, this is where Mrs. Byrne said we would find him right" Luis' bodyguard Joe said with eagerness

At that moment, Luis noticed out of the corner of his eye that a dock worker was watching and following them

"See that guy over there Joe?" Luis said as he motioned towards the dock worker following to the left

"Yea.... kind of looks like our guy doesn't it?" Joe said, now peering at the dock worker who instantly took off running

"HEY GET THE FUCK BACK HERE" Luis yelled, dropping his cigarette in chase after the dockworker

"PLEASE DON'T HURT ME" the dock worker yelled with a cry as he tried outrunning Luis and his bodyguard

Joe quickly caught up with the dock worker and tackled him to the ground, busting the worker's head open as he hit the ground

"Where do you think your going" Joe lashed out as he turned the dock worker over to confirm his identity

"It's him boss, Mr. Frankie Vale Himself" he said with a smirk on his face

"Should i just shoot him now?" Joe said as he pulled his 9mm pistol out and cocked it right in Mr. Vale's face

Luis stuck a cigarette in his mouth and lit it up with his favorite zippo "Lucky"

"Want one?" he said with a grin on his face as he offered one to Frankie.

"Please don't kill me! I'll do anything!" Frankie said crying.. Luis chuckled as he exhaled a cloud of smoke

"Kill you? Why would we do a thing like that.. we're all honest people here right?" Luis said with a evil grin

"Now you're going to tell me, DID you lay hands on Mr. Columbo's daughter" he said very sternly

Frankie Vale looked up at Luis' with tears in his eyes

"Wait.. Are you talking about Sofia??" the dockworker almost giggled in these circumstances but refrained to only the slightest grin on his face

"Mr. Columbo's daughter is no saint.." now he somewhat laughed as he continued on "She's a prostitute you fool for TylerDurden!... She got knocked up while on the job with one of her John's and refuses to give up her baby, I'm her pimp...."

Luis who had finally heard enough and was not finding comedy in any of this looks at Joe and gives him the nod

"Joe... Shoot that piece of shit." Luis grinned as Joe pulled the trigger and Mr. Vales brains were splattered everywhere. The crowd of dockworkers that had surrounded them immediately dispersed, knowing not to call the local police in fear of being shot themselves

"Get rid of the body Joe, wrap him up and toss him over the edge. I'll let Mr. Columbo know his problem sleeps with the fishes tonight, and that he's in our debt" Luis said taking another drag off his cigarette before tossing it off the dock and walking away.

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $1,360,000 Tip

Bella came by the better half of GavinandTaraByrne 's office carrying fresh cut flowers. 

"Morning Tara."  She said with a smile.

"Representative Columbo came by today.  Apparently, the situation with his daughter has been handled and he's very grateful to you.  He sent these and encourages you to call him anytime something concerns you on the city council.  One of LouisMezzo 's guys handled the affair for us... a fellow by the name of Luis_Patangeli.  You might want to put a pin in that one's name.  I think he's going places in this thing of ours."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

"Back at L.P Check Cashing where Luis' conducted his business.."

Luis sat at his desk in the back room smoking a cigarette, counting various stacks of money from the drug profits and "loans" he collected back on this week when the phone on the desk wrang, he swiftly picked up

"Yea this is Luis" taking a drag off his cigarette

"Luis! Joe Delorenzi is here to see you, says he's got something for you" his receptionist Radha said

"Alright, send him back" he hung up the phone, meanwhile putting his cigarette out and pulling a bottle of jack and 2 cups out from a drawer and setting them on the desk.

Joe Delorenzi, Luis' head bodyguard and Lieutenant came through the door latching it behind him.

"You should really keep that door locked boss, especially with all this money laying around" Joe said jokingly as he glanced at the stacks of cash layed out among Luis' desk.

"Yea, well that's what I got this for" Luis said pointing at his gun on the desk "Besides, who would be stupid enough to rob from us in this city? Sit down poor us a drink, what you got there in your hand" he said pointing at the duffel bag in Joe's hand

"Your payment boss from that last Job we handled for the Godmother and Mrs. Byrne" Joe said grinning, setting the duffel bag down next to Luis

"Well open it up, how much is it?" Luis said lighting up a cigarette with his favorite zippo engraved "Lucky"

"Just a little over a million.." Joe said now smiling cheek to cheek while unzipping the duffel bag for his boss to see

Luis takes a long drag off the cigarette he just lit, and pouring two drinks for him and his Lieutenant Joe

"Seems like this deserves a celebration, Send the Don Louis his share and take the rest and spend it on the guys they deserve a little treat for keeping me safe these last two weeks" Luis said as he handed Joe his drink and toasted 🥂

Luis takes 250,000 out of the bag and sticks the rest in his safe.

"Take that, keep 100 for yourself Joe and give the rest to the Don for me" Luis said handing Joe a smaller bag containing the 250,000$ cash

"Yes boss." Joe finished the rest of his drink and tipped his hat to his boss before making his exit.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Shortly after Joe's departure.. the phone on the desk rang and Luis angrily picked it up..

"This is Luis, make it quick im busy..." he said with a sharp tone

"Luis, A man is here to see you I've never seen him before says he is looking for a job I told him after we hired Mr. Dupoint that we were kind of overstaffed-" Radha said before being cut off

"What's his name?" Luis said as he picked up his pack of smokes off the desk and stuck one in his mouth

"Sonny Strazzi Sir-" she was cut off again.

"Yea, I know that guy send him back.." Luis hung up the phone and began looking for his zippo

A short but stocky well dressed Italian man entered the back room and approached Luis...

"Luis, nice to see you again my friend.. It looks like you've done pretty well for yourself here in Philly..." Sonny said as he shook Luis' hand and sat down across from him.

"I can't complain, there's money in the safe.. food in my belly... and most of all Im away from those dam Rosado brothers back in New York... What brings you to town my friend your far away from Brooklyn.." Luis said as he finally found his zippo on the desk and lit up his cigarette

"Always straight to business, I haven't been here but 5 minutes and your already hounding me like a cop!" Sonny joked as he pulled out a pack of his own smokes and lit up a cigarette

"But yea your right, I'm a far away from New York... I come to you because I need your help with something old friend.." he said as he exhaled cigarette smoke

Luis took a long drag off his cigarette before replying to Sonny..

"I'm always willing to help out my friends.." he said now leaning in towards Sonny grinning

"Of course I'm going to need something from you in return..." he said sharply

"We can discuss that later... I can even pay you.. But right now my son is rotting in jail, the Feds are trying to indite him on charges he didn't commit, and you're the only person i know who's got some influence with the judges back in New York.. your family and all.." Sonny said in a monotone... "Rest in Peace your grandfather he was a good man.."

"Thanks Sonny for the condolences on my old man, you were a loyal associate of my grandfather's and to that I respect... I will make some calls and see what I can do." Luis said as he took one final drag off his cigarette and dumped it in the ashtray as he stood up and moved to shake Sonny's hand. Sonny also placed his cigarette in the ashtray and stood up to shake Luis' hand..

"Take care of yourself friend. Stay in town, Maybe stop by the Treble Club it just opened up in town, hottest spot around.." Luis said grinning

"I think I'll just check your your guy's famous red light district, I heard the call girls here look 10 times better then back home.." Sonny said laughing "I'll be in town for the next week... I hope to hear from you soon Luis"  Sonny tipped his hat to Luis and made his exit. There was work to be done...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The following day Luis and his lieutenant Joe had just finished making the rounds picking up cash from Luis' various criminal operations around South Philly, his most profitable being drug dealing....

Joe parked the black cadillac on the corner of the block where L.P Check Cashing was located in South Philly. The two men stepped out of the car dressed sharply in suits catching the eyes of various passerbys, some of them greeting Luis with a wave or a friendly 'Hello Luis!", Joe grabbed the duffel bag from the trunk full of cash as Luis proceeded to light up a cigarette and walk towards his establishment. As the two men reached the door and opened it they were greeted by Radha who smiled and immediately stood up to open the back door for Joe and her boss Luis.

"Mr. Dupoint cleaned the back storage room as you requested Luis.. he moved some of those boxes full of paperwork into the storage unit out back and made some extra room for you and your guests to sit down.." Radha said as she held the door open

"It smells like pine sol in here... I love it! Finally someone who listens to what i say and doesn't insist on using bleach..." Luis said as he entered the backroom and sat down at his desk and glanced at Radha who was not pleased with Luis' comment but knew better then to say something

"I'll be in the front if you need me.. Luis.." She said in a displeased tone as she closed the door behind Joe

"I think you hurt her feelings boss..." Joe chuckled as he set the bag down on the desk

"Ah she will get over it..." Luis laughed as he opened the bag and stuck the cash inside in the safe behind him.

"So Sonny came by and saw me yesterday while you were out running my errands for me.." Luis said turning to Joe

"Him and his son are in a bad spot... says his kid got locked up and he wants me to pull a few strings and get his kids out.." Luis sighed as he grabbed a smoke from the pack off his desk and stuck it in his mouth

"You mean Sonny Strazzi? You told me about him.. he used to work for your grandfather... what'd Benny do this time beat someone up over a dice game again?" Joe said jokingly

"Nah, little bit more complicated then that Joe... I think we're gonna have to head up there and go see my grandfather's old pal Judge Romano.." Luis said as he lit up his cigarette and took a quick drag and exhaled  "Sonny says he's in there on bogus charges but I made a few calls and he's indited on a murder charge for a hit against a rival family.." 

"Man sounds fucked up, but I'm with you boss if you need-" Joe was cut off before he could finish

"No, I need you here watching over things while I'm away in New York... My flight is tomorrow morning, I'll take an extra few bodyguards to make sure im safe.." Luis placed his his cigarette down in the ashtray and pulled a few papers out of his desk drawer handing them to Joe

"A list of duties I want you to oversee while I'm gone.. it has all the dates a times you need to send runners to drop off cash to the Don as well.. I will be gone three days but a lot can happen in that time.. If there's a problem call me otherwise I don't want to hear from you. Pretend I'm on vacation.." Luis grinned as he picked back up his cigarette and took another drag

"Of course boss, I'll make sure things run smooth in your absence, I do have some things I need to go take care of do you need something while I'm out?" Joe said smilingly as he folded up the papers and stuck them in his suit pocket

"Just another bottle of whiskey.. We drank the last bottle remember?" the two men laughed, Joe tipped his hat and made his exit.

The very next day on the way to the airport...

It was early morning, the air was cold and breezy, sunrise had just come and past making it a little easier to see out the windshield without the sun blinding him. Luis was on the way to the airport to board his flight to New York, he had his briefcase in the trunk with close to 150,000$ cash and a few important documents. He would easily pass through security as they were all paid off by Race Street, but also no one would dare think about stopping and patting down a mafioso in this town.

The black cadillac hummed down the highway as Joe bobbed and weaved around slow traffic, they weren't running late but Joe had a habit for driving fast all the time. Luis pulled out a pack of smokes and lit one up for the sake of it was probably going to be the last time he could smoke before the flight because they were quickly approaching the departure terminal.

Philadelphia Municipal Airport

The large sign hanging over the freeway exit to the airport was as plain as day to see, and still looked fairly new, as the airport had only recently opened in 1927 after the army discontinued it from being a training airfield. Joe pulled the car over to the curb and quickly stepped out and moved around the car to open the door for his boss.

"Thanks Joe" Luis said as he stepped out and took one final drag off his cigarette and stomped it out. Joe closed the door and moved to the trunk to grab Luis' luggage for him, but was quickly cut off by airport workers who asked for the trunk to be popped so they could place the luggage on the cart they had

"Guess you don't need me to carry your stuff aye boss?" Joe said sarcastically as he opened the trunk and pointed at which suitcases to take. Joe grabbed Luis' briefcase and personally handed it to him.

"I think it's the car, they think I'm someone important" Luis joked as he tipped each worker 100$ for their services

"That and we pay probably over half their salaries every month in bribes alone..." they both smiled as the two airport workers glanced at them after the statement realizing the two men were members of the mafia..

"True that my friend, well I should get going don't want to be late for my flight" Luis said as he glanced down at his watch and noted he at 35 minutes to board his plane "I'm counting on you to handle things while I'm gone, but I know you can handle it..." he said grinning as he shook Joe's hand

"You can count on me boss... Give me a ring when your on you're way back from New York so i know when to pick you up.." Joe said as he tipped his hat to his boss and got in the car and left. Luis turned and made his way into the airport where he boarded his flight with no delays and took off for New York. He was already jonesing for a cigarette but luckily it was only a 3 hour flight...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Newark Liberty International Airport

Luis had just landed in New York and quickly made his way out of the terminal to have a cigarette. It was getting close to the middle of January, and the weather was evident of that with the thick snow coming down and the cold chilly air. Luis scuffed up his peacoat around his neck as he lit up his cigarette and took a long drag while glancing around for his ride. A black oldsmobile pulled up along the side of the curb where Luis stood and a man in a black suit stepped out and hurried around the car as fast as he could to pop the trunk and open the door.

"It's about time you showed up Frankie, I thought I was gonna be standing here in this storm for hours..." Luis joked as he picked up his briefcase and gestured Frankie to load up his suitcase in the trunk

"Sorry Luis, this fucking weather is so bad it made people forget how to drive" Frankie said as he loaded up the car, slammed the trunk and moved for the driver seat "It's good to see you though old friend, what's it been two years?" he said as he got into the car and turned the ignition, the car fired up and purred softly..

"Yea, It's been two years since my old man's funeral.. I've been in Philly ever since.." Luis scoffed as he took a final drag his cigarette and tossed it out the window "Although I'm not here to visit... I've got some business to take care of.." he said as he looked at the car window and taking in the sights "Man a lot has changed since I've been away.."

"Man, we're all still tore up about your grandfather, may he rest in peace, but you should come visit your father more often.. he misses you" Frankie said in a serious tone "It's almost like you ran away from all the families problems he's still tore up over that, plus you don't think he misses his father and then feels like he lost a son as well?..."

"I would come see my father more if he respected me the way I should be respected. I'm smart and can run the family just as well as he could, but he chose Vito to be underboss instead of his own son..." Luis barked back at Frankie "I may not be apart of the Patangeli Crime Family anymore but you better watch who you talk too Frankie, I'll wack you right here myself" Luis was getting real fired up now, his father was clearly a sore subject.

"Take it easy, take it easy... you know I love you like a brother, I was just saying... Your father talks about how proud he is of you and the name you've mad for yourself in Philly... he's real proud.." Frankie said trying to calm Luis down "we're here.."

The two arrived at house in Brooklyn that was owned by Luis, a few members of his father's crime family stayed here and looked after the place, but it only supplied the bare minimum necessities. Frankie pulled the car into the driveway and the two men got out and approached the house.

"Few of the guys have been keeping watch of the place.. its real quiet around here I wouldn't worry about anyone trying to make an attempt on your life or anything, after all most of the Rosado Brother associates and hitmen think some low level gangsters stay here... should be quiet" Frankie said as they entered the house and he turned on the lights. "Home sweet home..." he set Luis' suitcase down on the table

"Fuck Frankie... you guys let this place go..." Luis glanced around and noticed the paint was peeling, the carpets had stains in them and most of the furniture was run down and broken and looked like it had been there since Luis left, he set his briefcase down on the table as well and moved towards his hidden liquor cabinet in the wall. He pushed on the wall in the secret spot to activate the lever opened it and found a bottle of whiskey and two shot glasses. "Atleast you guy's didn't find my stash" Luis said as he turned and grinned at Frankie and set the bottle and glasses down on the kitchen counter and poured them a drink.

"So Sonny came and saw me in Philly asking me for help... you know anything about that?" Luis said as he handed Frankie his drink and sat down at the table

"Yea I do.." Frankie said as he lifted his drink towards Luis in thank you gesture "He's fallen out of graces with your father. He's still a made man of this family but your father has gotten tired of Strazzi and his son bringing public attention to the family." he takes his shot and sets the glass down on the table as he sits down "Your father told him to reach out to you. Said you'd handle things..." 

"OF course he did... my father was never one for baggage" Luis sighed and took his shot "I want you to deliver a message to my father for me. Tell him I will solve this problem of his, I'll take Sonny off his hands and bring him into Race Street as my associate..." Luis sticks a cigarette in his mouth and light it up taking a short quick drag and exhaling. "But Don Roberto is going to owe me and Race Street a favor.." Luis said with a smile as he ashed his cigarette.

"I'll tell your father for you, I don't know how he will take it coming from his son, you know your dad he likes doing the order giving... but he is tired of Sonny I think he will agree with you on this one.." Frankie said with a smirk "Judge Romano is still on the bench.. I'm not sure if you reached out to him but he will gladly help the family. I heard he's got a problem with some local thugs harassing his daughter at school. He brought it up to Don Roberto's attention but the guy we sent got arrested before he could complete the task.. maybe go talk to him he will definetly return the favor..."

"Thanks Frankie.." Luis said as he got up to shake Frankie's hand "See you soon my friend."

"You got it, Luis" Frankie smiled and shook Luis hand "I'll leave some of my bodyguards here to protect you while your in town." he tipped his hat in respect and left the safehouse.

I am a noob trying to complete a task.
Report Post Tip

Luis was confused by the man who approached him while outside his safehouse smoking a cigarette, New York was after all a crazy place. The man man seemed like he was lost and didn't know where to go, he claimed he was looking for a job and didn't know where to go because he was new in town. He told the man the nearest bus station was on the corner and that if he needed work he could set him up with a job in Philadelphia, but insisted New York had plenty of opportunity and told the man opportunity was everywhere, but he was just visiting New York.

He pulled out a wad of cash and counted a few hundred dollars and handed it to him with his business card and said if he ever found himself in Philadelphia to give him a call. The man thanked him and was on his way down the street grinning while counting the money he was just handed. Luis smiled and took a final drag off his cigarette, stomped it out on the step and proceeded inside to the warmth, would this snow storm ever blow over?

The next day around noon

Luis had gotten off to a slow start this morning. All the noise of the hustle and bustle of the city kept him awake, it was a lot different from being out in the sticks in South Philly... The storm had let up, the sun was barely shining through the overcast but it dimly made it's way though the clouds. Luis stopped on the steps and lit up a cigarette before glancing at the two guards watching the street and making a gesture to them to fall in and walk down the block with him.

Judge Romano's residence happened to be on the outskirts of Brooklyn, which was about a twenty minute walk away. His bodyguards put up somewhat of a protest, alerting Luis to the Oldsmobile that was left parked out front, to which Luis declines and stated he needed some fresh air and time to think along the walk.

Luis walked casually down the block with his small entourage of men following closely behind him. The neighborhood had changed alot since he last took a stroll through here, he noted the liquor store on the immediate corner of his block was shut down and boarded up, kids were no longer in the streets playing baseball, and some of the residents looked run down and have lost touch with reality. Drugs seemed to have ravaged his old neighborhood which made him stop and think of the damage he must be causing on the community he sells to back in Philly...

He took a long drag off his cigarette before shaking his head and continuing on down the block. Judge Romano's residence was only two blocks away, but it fell in the Rosado Brother's territory. They were weak after the five families fell apart some time ago, leaving a few small Don's in charge of their respective neighborhoods while those with much more power took control of the districts, collecting taxes monthly. He gestured his guards to walk ahead and make sure no rival made men were around, his men signaled a short time later that the coast was clear and he quickly made his way down the block and arrived at Judge Romano's residence. He glanced up at the sign in the window which said in bold letters:

Vote for Pete Romano! Brooklyn District Judge

"Well it looks like I have the right house..." he thought to himself and chuckled

He took a final drag off his cigarette before stomping it out and advancing up the steps, he ordered his bodyguards to stay outside and watch the street before opening the large paned glass door to the building. As he walked in the plain lobby which smelled of musty smoke, he quickly noted the mailboxes on the right and saw that Pete was staying in the 2nd condominium on the 2nd floor.. Luis made his way up the two flights of stairs before arriving at the plain brown door which read "Romano Residence", Luis knocked on the door, only to hear an old familiar voice call out "Who is it?" 

"Its Luis Pete... Roberto's kid..." Luis could hear Mr. Romano quickly approach the door and open it

"Luis!" Judge Romano exclaimed "Please come in.. It's good to see you!"

he gestured for Luis to come in to sit down, to which he accepted and entered the residence and sat down in a nearby chair

"I haven't seen you since you were a kid! I was but a mere lawyer for the family back then.." Judge Romano said smiling as he poured the two a drink and handed it to Luis

"Yea, it's been about 14 years since I last saw you.. I was 18 then I turn 32 this year" Luis said as he held up his drink in gratitude before taking a sip

"I'm here on business unfortunately and it does involve the family..." Luis said with a serious tone as he set his drink down on the table

"The family... I thought you don't work for your father?" Judge Romano said as he downed his drink in two swigs and set it down on the table

"I don't.. but I'm here on my own accord, and because Sonny asked me too." Luis swiftly replied 

"Ah so this is about his son then, Benny.." Judge Romano said with a grin, pouring himself another drink. "He's got himself in alot of trouble. He gunned down a local police chief in cold blood on the streets. The public demands justice.." he said with a monotone as he took a swig off his drink "But the police chief happened to be dirty, and on your father's payroll.."

"Man, Sonny told me these were bogus charges, he never said anything about a police chief being murdered.." Luis sighed, as he took the final swig off his drink and set it down gesturing for more 

"Nothing a little news paper article about his corruption couldn't fix.." Judge Romano said smiling "I golf with the chief editor of the New York Times... I can get him to write such an article..." he leaned in towards Luis "But i got a problem that needs taking care of..."

"Whatever It's gonna take to get Benny out, you can count on me..." Luis said with a smile

"That's what I like to hear, one of your father's associates tried to help me out with this already but he got arrested a day or two ago and I haven't heard from your father since. I assumed you were the help he sent..." Judge Romano said with a sigh of relief, he heard of Luis' reputation in Philly through the grapevines

"I think he did send for me.. in a way" Luis chuckled, his father was a smart man, he knew Luis was the man for the job.

"Any which way, you're here and I'm here and we're both in need of a service exchange.." Judge Romano stood up and made his way to his desk on the other side of the room where he picked up a sheet that had some information on it before returning to Luis and handing him the document

"This is all the information you're gonna need on that Thug Victor..." Judge Romano said grinning

"You really did you're homework on this guy, address, place of work, family names.. everything" Luis said with a wide grin, this was gonna be easier then he thought.

"Dam straight I do... Come back and see me when you're done and I'll make the call to have your buddy's son released..." Judge Romano shook Luis' hand before showing him to the door and locking it behind Luis. He stood there in the hallway and looked over the document some more before folding it up and sticking it in his inside suit pocket. This was gonna be a walk in the park.. so he thought.

Early Morning The Following Day...

Luis had just awoken to the muffled sounds of cars honking and people shouting at one another outside. He glanced over at the window, which was letting in a small amount of dim light, and noticed it was starting to snow again. He sat up in bed and grabbed his engraved zippo 'Lucky' off the nightstand along with a single cigarette from his pack and lighting up. He let out a huge sigh of relief as he got his first taste of nicotine this morning, exhaling a huge cloud of smoke with it.

He continued getting ready, for about an hour or so eating breakfast and changing into a fresh suit, before he stepped outside onto the steps leading to the street, closing the door behind him. It was really starting to snow now and Luis motioned for one of his bodyguards to start the car up. He sat down in the backseat of the black oldsmobile and pulled out the document Judge Romano gave him yesterday to look over it one more time. 

New York Police Report File 1/2/1932

• Name/Alias: Ricky Carstanzo, "Slick Rick"

• Address: 571 Vermont Street, Brooklyn New York

• Place Of Work: Unemployed

• Gang Affiliation: To be determined

• Ethnicity: Italian

• Height: 5'9

• Weight: 175lbs

• Hair Color: Black

• Eye Color: Brown

Arrest Record As Of 1/2/1932:

1. Intimidation and Extortion: 3/19/1928

2. Possession with intent to sell: 9/4/1928

3. Possession of a firearm: 3/27/1929

4. Bribery of a police official: 1/3/1930

5. Attempted robbery: 8/14/1930

6. Possession with intent to sell: 2/2/1931

Report printed on 1/3/1932

The car had finished warming up just as Luis folded up the document and stuck it in his suit pocket, he instructed the driver to make his way to 571 Vermont Street, the bodyguard turned and alerted Luis that Vermont Street belonged to a man by the name of Don Bertolini and that was the heart of his territory, Undeterred, Luis ordered his bodyguard to drive there anyways to which he didn't argue anymore and started driving, he said that it was not far from here, and actually quite close to Judge Romano's residence.

As they took the short drive over, it became evident to Luis that this man was clearly a headache for the local community, and if he is employed by this man "Don Bertolini", he might be acting under his orders. He pulled out a cigarette and lit up. He exhaled some smoke as he sighed and pulled his revolver on his side belt, opening it up and spinning the barrel of the .38 snub nose, before clocking it back into place taking note that his chamber was full.

He peered out the window and saw the street sign "Vermont Street" on the corner they just turned, the three men who were guarding him, and the car following behind with another 4 men, seemed uneasy the moment they turned on the street, and were on high alert. Momentarily later the car pulled up along side the curb of what appeared to be a apartment building, there was a few goons who were standing outside that immediately stood up and waited for the inevitable to happen. This part of brooklyn had definitely seen better days, as the sale of drugs and prostitution was evident on these street corners with run down houses surrounding them.

One of Luis' bodyguards stepped out of the vehicle where he was met by verbal assault from the goons guarding the building, warning them to back off and that this was "Don Bertolini's territory". The remainder of Luis' men pulled up behind the car and immediately stepped out with guns drawn on the men before them, only armed with bats and chains the men stood down and Luis and the rest of his entourage stepped out from the first vehicle. Luis took a final drag off his cigarette and smiled as he approached the man standing in front of the group of thugs.

"Good morning gentleman.." Luis grinned now standing before the men who were watching the man before them "My name is Luis.. I'm looking for someone and if one of you fine men could be so polite as to point me in his direction... you guys can all live and go home to your wives, or girlfriend, or prostitute... whatever tickles your pickle..." Luis and his bodyguards laughed "So who knows where Ricky Carstanzo lives??"

The group of men glances around at each other, none of them wanting to be a snitch. Finally one of them answered:

"I don't know who you're talking about-" one of the thugs said. Luis gave the motion to the man to his right and a gunshot rang out as one of the thugs bodies collapsed and hit the floor

"I'm only going to ask you one more time before all your bodies hit the floor... WHERE is Ricky Carstanzo!" one of the thugs in the back, fearing for his life, cried out "He's upstairs! 5th floor apartment 13... Knock on the door twice he will think your a customer..." Luis smiled and ordered the thugs to scurry off, which they did swiftly without turning back. 

"Watch the door guys, this won't take long" Luis said as he left 4 men behind at the door and him and the rest of his guards made the way up the 5 flights of steps before arriving at the door and knocking. The door opened after two knocks just as the man downstairs said and Luis and his men stormed in as soon as the door was cracked a little, catching Ricky and his two guards by surprise.

One of the men reached for a gun on a nearby table but had his brains splattered all over the wall and drugs that sat nearby before he could even put a finger on the gun. Ricky and his remaining guard put their hands up and surrendered before Luis motioned them on the couch next to their fallen comrade. Luis smiled and offered the two men a smoke.

"Do you know who I am?" he said exhaling some cigarette smoke and offering his lighter to the men on the couch to which they replied "No"

"The name is Luis, Luis Patangeli I'm sure you heard of my father.. Don Roberto Patangeli..." he grinned as the men recognized his father's name

"What does Don Roberto want with us... or me for that matter I'm just a small time drug dealer for Don Bertolini... WE don't cross into your territory that would be foolish, you guys outgun us 9 to 1..." the man said shakily on the couch

"Well this may be true, but I got word you were harassing a girl that lives around here... does a Julie Romano ring a bell?" Luis said with a serious tone, staring at Ricky with anger in his eyes

"Yea... I know Julie... Look we're just friends.. I didn't mean nothing by what i said it was just some innocent fun alright? I had no idea who she was or her last name was Romano...." the man was sweating bullets, everyone knew Judge Romano was on Roberto Patangeli's payroll.

"A common mistake... but an unfortunate one my friend..." Luis pulled out his pistol and cocked it as he aimed at Ricky's face.."Any last words?"

The man pleaded for a few moments for his miserable life before pulling the trigger and having his brains blown out. The other man sitting next to him was shaking and sweating profusely now, he knew he was next... Luis took another drag off his cigarette and looked at the man on the couch before saying.. "You want a job man?" the man let out a huge sigh of relief before replying yes. Luis smiled and ordered him to go to Judge Romano's address for him and tell him 'the job is done Luis sends word', he scribbled the address down and handed it to the man who swiftly making his way out.

"Clean the place up guys, I'm going to be outside having a smoke, and oh.. keep the drugs, my payment for a job well done" Luis said as he stepped out of the apartment, the men all glanced around at each other and smiled, there was close to 20 kilos in this room alone...

A few days later...

Luis was sitting in his New York safehouse when a swift knock came at the door, one of his bodyguards entered and shut the door quickly behind him, the storm had lightened up, but it was still freezing outside and Luis had just gotten the place warm. He walked in took off his peacoat, hanging it on the coat rack nearby the door, He turned and smiled at Luis and made his way to a seat nearby Luis in the living room.

"I've got some good news boss.." his bodyguard grinned as he poured the two a drink "Judge Romano had Benny released from jail this morning.. He issued him time served and dismissed the murder charge.." he picked up the drink and handed it to his boss who had just finally glanced up at him and took the drink from his hand

"That's great news, his father Sonny will be pleased to hear about this when I get back to Philly." Luis took two large swigs off his drink and set it down on the table "Go and find Frankie and tell him that I will be leaving for Philly tonight, and that I thank him for the protection he offered me while staying in town" he stood up and pat the man on the shoulder as he made his way to the kitchen to make lunch. Luis was eager to get back to Philly he sure did miss home...

Report Post Tip

Back In South Philly...

Luis' flight had been delayed by a few days due to events that were 'transpiring' within Philadelphia and around America. Finally reaching home, he was happily greeted by his Lieutenant Joe who rushed to shake his hand and motion him inside. Luis notice the extra protection around L.P Check Cashing, but just figured it was some small minor local beef with a drug dealer.

Joe swiftly moved to the office in the back of the building, with Luis following close behind. As they entered Luis went straight for his desk to grab his bottle of whiskey and a carton of smokes out of the bottom drawer. Joe quickly locked the door behind him and moved to the table, pouring Luis' drink for him and encouraging him to sit down that he had some urgent news. Luis lit up a smoke and took off his coat, setting it on the coat rack nearby his desk. He sat down and let out a deep sigh of relief, exhaling some smoke with it before leaning in towards Joe to hear the news.

Joe told Luis about the events that had transpired while he was away, two crew leaders had been murdered in cold blood, as well as some other members of the Philadelphia Mob as a whole. While South Philly was not affected as greatly as other districts throughout Philadelphia, he was told that RHM to Vincent "Buzz" Alo was too murdered by the same assailants as they retreated away from the scene of their crime. The men were hunted down and brought to justice but it left a small power Vacuum in Philadelphia.

Luis was taken back by all of this, It hadn't been a month since the last war and more more death was arriving on Philly streets. He quickly picked up the phone and called for Sonny to come over, It was his last day in town but he had gotten word about his kid being released and was in debt to Luis, he was going to ask for his service in protecting him, Sonny was after all one of his grandfather's greatest bodyguards.

The two exchanged some kind words before Sonny almost seemingly declared his loyalty to Luis over the phone and told him that he would protect him with his life. With these small things set in motion, He called his Don Louis Mezzo and was relieved to hear his voice over the phone. He was told to come to a private area of South Philly and that there was urgent business to be taken care of. Without any further words Luis hung up the phone and made his way across town.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Putting Someone In Our Debt
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL