Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 13:35:44
Page:  1 
A Cousin's Arrival Started by: KennyRusso on Jan 20, '19 15:53

It was the middle of the afternoon. It was raining and cold, the day was cloudy. Kenneth Russo was wearing his best piece of clothes to attend to his brother burial, he put some effort to look good and respectable, but you could see in his face that he wasn't alright. Since his brother got killed two days ago, he didn't slept, didn't eat, didn't took a bath. The man was a mess. His eyes were red and he smelled like booze, the only thing that he ingested in the last two days.

It wasn't a mystery, Kenny was drunk. He couldn't bear the loss of his brother so he drank all his frustrations away. He was together with his crew mates listening to his Don, Giuseppe_Ligambi say some words. After he finished, every crew member went to the casket to pay his respects, one after another. Kenny was the last one to do it. He approached the coffin, slowly and with a grim look on his face. He briefly stopped on front of the casket and breathed heavily, holding back the tears.

"I am sorry, my brother. Words can't describe how I'm feeling." Kenny wiped a tear from his eye with his right hand. "Wish I could have done something to change all this." Kenny laid his hand on the casket then reached for his pockets with the other hand, he pulled a pack of yellows - Anthony's favorite cigarette and placed by his side. He kissed his forehead then got back to his crew mates.

After Anthony was buried, Kenneth left the graveyard and walked to the parking lot, alone. When he arrived, he reached for his car trunk and opened it. He grabbed a bottle of whiskey and cracked it open, he walked towards the sidewalk and just sat there. He reached for his pockets and grabbed a pack of cigarettes, he lit one then placed the pack on the floor, he took a long gulp.. then a large sip of whiskey and after that, Kenny just lost himself in his thoughts.

After half an hour, Kenny saw a car parking on the other side of the parking lot. He saw a familiar face but he couldn't recognize because the person was a little far away, and of course Kenny was already heavily drunk. As the familiar face approached him, he slowly got up on his feet, with the bottle of whiskey in hand. When the man got close enough, Kenny could recognize him. It was his cousin, a fine marksman who lived in Sicily. The last time they saw each other they didn't got along well and bad things happened, but one thing Kenny knew for sure: his cousin was not someone people would mess with.

"The fuck you doing here?" Kenny said, while taking a gulp of his cigarette.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The Russo clan, whose origin referred to the province of Palermo, in Sicily, was a clan full of interesting individuals. Back in the old country, the family was extensive. In America, however, there were only "the Russo brothers", as they became known, until then. In the old country, the Russo's were mixed among various activities, both legal and illegal. Generally speaking, it was a poor family of peasant origin, who tried to earn a living as best as they could.

Gaetano Russo was the youngest of five children. Born and raised in Sicily, from a very young age he had begun to sneak on the dark side of the island and had always been involved in illegal activities, as well as his brothers and even the father. Life was not all bad in Sicily, but Gaetano was an ambitious man. He had had the opportunity to meet the Russo brothers, the only ones of the Russo lineage born in America, a few years ago, when they visited the family in the old country. He knew they were making money in America. Real money.

Time passed and Gaetano showed his interest in going to the United States. The problem was that his family was in a some sort of territorial dispute with the Clemente clan, another very large family of the province. He had to wait. 

The dispute got ugly. Several murders have ensued. Gaetano even lost two brothers in the process, which eventually triggered an "apparent" endless vendetta. Apparent because the Russo's succeeded over the Clemente's, and Gaetano was crucial to the victory. He killed the patriarch of the rival family in a public square and that move forced the Clemente's to run from Palermo for some time.

It also brought some fame to Gaetano. His name echoed even in the mouths of the children, who talked about the bloody episode over and over. And of course, when someone reached such fame, the carabinieri normally had to act to keep things under control. That was when Gaetano was forced to leave Sicily and head to America.

It was all set. He would take a direct flight to Philadelphia, under the protection of Don Zalapi, a strong boss of Palermo who had contact with @Giuseppe_Ligambi and his crew in the States. Gaetano was instructed to help Don Zalapi with a "problem" he had in Philly, to return the favor to the old Don. From there, he would be heading to Detroit. And that's what happened. Gaetano spent a week in Philadelphia, helping Don Zalapi with one of his cocaine routes and then headed to Detroit to find his cousins, Anthony and Kenny.

In life not everything goes as planned, though. The oldest of the Russo brothers got killed in an awkward "rogue" situation, as they mentioned to Gaetano. "Infamita", he thought. Gaetano would not have the pleasure of revisiting his old cousin.

When he got in Detroit, a car was given to him and he headed to Corktown, where the cousin's funeral was taking place. As he parked the car, he realized it was too late. The place was empty, everyone was gone. Well...almost. Across the parking lot, he glimpsed a parked car with a man outside...drinking. He recognized the man immediately: Kenny Russo.

He got out of the car and walked towards the cousin. He was just over a year older than his cousin and the last time they met, things had not been very pleasant. But now was not the time to relive the past. He took a good look at Kenny; the man was devasted.  Judging by Kenny's question, it seemed that Anthony had kept a secret about Gaetano's coming since everything had been dealt with by him.

Gaetano sighed, staying a few steps away.

"Cugino...I am so sorry. Your brother did not deserve this and I'm here to help you with whatever you need."

He stared at Kenny, his face hard as a stone. He had the privilege of learning english in Sicily, but he could not help a very heavy accent.
Report Post Tip

Kenny stares at his cousin. He remember that the last time they met, Kenny promised that he would kill him if he sees him again, or at least try, Gaetano was a powerhouse and that is why Kenny controlled himself. He kept looking at his cousin, taking a long gulp of his cigarette then puffing the smoke on Gaetano's face.

"I don't need your help." Kenneth said with a grim voice. He still remembers what Gaetano did back in Sicily. They were going to invade a Clemente warehouse to hunt down a Capo. Kenny, Anthony and Gaetano were sneaking past their guards when Gaetano saw the Clemente's Don walking with his bodyguards towards his car. Gaetano just snapped and rushed in the direction of the Don, blowing their cover. Kenny and Anthony were captured.

The Russo boys are strong, yes. But the Clemente's were ruthless. They tortured the brothers nonstop to get information. They pulled a teeth out of Anthony and cut a toe out from Kenny foot. It was horrible. Kenny still has the scars from that day all over his body, Anthony had it too. Kenny remembers that after some time, Gaetano stormed in the warehouse to rescue them, he killed a lot of the Clemente boys with only an old pistol. Kenny were a little unconscious at the time and don't remember much, he was always the "angry" one so the torture on his was far greater then on Anthony, he just remembers Gaetano covering them while Anthony dragged him across the warehouse back into the car. Their mission failed and Kenny always blamed Gaetano for it.

Kenny stops to think a little bit before speaking again, he throws his cigarette on the ground then grabs his bottle of whiskey, he takes a long sip and finishes the thing, he threw the bottle in the middle of the streets, shattering it in a million pieces, then said to Gaetano.

"Again, I don't need nor want your help. But I know your skills, cousin. Contact my Don, Giuseppe Ligambi. He will give you work and by helping him, you are helping me." 

Report Post Tip
It was clear that Kenny still held grudges against him. Gaetano just nodded.

"Va bene. I will be needing a properly introduction between me and your boss. If you do not have problems with that, of course."

He could feel the tension of the moment. They were both family and only that would make Gaetano try to regain the cousin's affection. Family was one of the most significant things to him. Otherwise, he and Kenny would not be talking right now.He pulled a packet of cigarettes from his pocket and lit one quickly.
Report Post Tip

"Alright." Said Kenny, reaching for his pockets, he pulled up the key from his car and gave it to Gaetano. "You drive. I'll guide you to my crew head quarters, you can come for your car later." He reached for his pockets and grab a pack of cigarettes as well, he lit one and sat by the sidewalk again, taking a large gulp of his cigarette, he looks up and down at Gaetano and breathes heavily. The scars and the hate inside Kenny is still strong, but he is alone without Anthony. He thinks a bit and decides to give Gaetano one last chance.

"No smoking in the car, aye?" He takes another gulp from his cigarette. "Finish that and we'll be on our way. And you better behave in the presence of Uncle Joe."

Report Post Tip

Gaetano nodded once more. It made no sense to start a discussion with his cousin, even though he was offended by that remark. No one should ever tell Gaetano how to behave. That was just not necessary; he knew that thing of theirs very well.

Gaetano threw his cigarette on the floor and entered the car, in silence. Kenny followed him, sitting on the passenger seat. Although Gaetano had never visited America, he did not have much difficulty finding the Ligambi HQ through Kenny's instructions. They did not talk on the way, except for Kenny giving him directions.

While driving, he thought of the satisfaction of meeting a "cosa nostra" boss in America. He had heard of the man, and he knew that his roots also referred to the old country. The old Don Zalapi, who employed the majority of Russo's in Sicily was an old friend of Don Ligambi. And since Zalapi was a very respectable man, Gaetano was sure Ligambi would be too. 
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Cousin's Arrival
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL