Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 22:32:48
Page:  1 
Race Street: Labor Union Started by: Luis_Patangeli on Jan 22, '19 00:56

Luis was awoken to a large knock coming from his apartment door, he quickly sat up in his bed and reached for his .38 on his nightstand. The knocking continued as he mad the way to the door and peered through the peephole. It was Louis Mezzo, his good friend and former boss, outside the door with his bodyguards standing closely behind him. He shouted through the door 'Open up, I know your in there, It's Louis!". He quickly unlatched the locks and opened the door standing in a shirt and underwear, dropping the gun to his side as Louis entered.

"What's going on boss, I was uh... just taking a nap" Luis rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and set his gun on the counter and poured two a drink each of whiskey. His boss, Louis, sat down on the living room couch, where Luis joined him and handed him his drink.

"I don't know if you have heard but.. Our Godmother is going to be stepping away for awhile. She wants to retire and travel the world for awhile, instead of going out in a bodybag like most of us" Louis cleared his throat and continued on

"I've been appointed acting Godfather, and I would like you to join me in running Race Street, side by side with Mr. Alo as well. Together I think we can accomplish great things here in South Philly, or at the very least live up to my grandfather's expectations.." Louis smiled and took swig off his drink.

"I don't know what else to say other then I'm honored to be chosen for such a position. I hope to make you proud and continue to move Race Street forward." Luis said swiftly with a wide grin 

"I'm glad to hear Luis... I've got someone in mind to help you with this endeavor as well, Her name is Ezmerelda, Ezme for short. She is going to advise you moving forward, she's loyal to this thing of ours and is a dear friend of mine." Louis stood up and shook Luis' hand "I do hope you excuse me as I'm a fairly busy man. Congratulations on your new position, Mr. Patangeli."

Louis had already set things in motion before Luis even knew he was being promoted to Boss. He had already put in motion the purchase of the old large vacant building that sat on the east side of South Philly near the dockyards. It was a massive 4 acre parcel that consisted of a dockyard of its own, and a few old run down warehouses that were already seen to be undergoing repairs when Luis arrived. He stepped out of his cadillac in front of the large building that the crews were dangling the fresh sign over the front of the building, trying to find the right spot in the center.

The Race Street Labor Union

Is what the sign read. Luis made his way inside and noticed the major remodeling that had taken place. The walls were finely painted, the floor was a light grey marble color. The lobby area had modern decor and amenities in the form of free coffee and donuts. A few staff members could be seen congregating and going over some of employee rules and procedures when dealing with potential laborers or members of the union themselves. Luis couldn't help but smile, I'm sure his father would be extremely proud. A man approached him and introduced himself as Billy Richardson, he was tasked with overseeing the grand opening of the Labor Union by Mr. Mezzo himself, as well as train the new employees and personally assist Luis with running his new business that was due to open in a few days.

"Hello Mr. Patangeli, I'm glad to assist you in this new business venture of yours, Louis has told me much about you! Follow me to your office, it has already been setup in the back along with your Lieutenant Joe Delorenzi and RHM Ezmerelda." Billy smiled and motioned for Luis to follow him. They reached his office where he opened the door for Luis as they entered. The room had a large work desk propped in the middle, with a phone and a few other things on it for Luis to use. A large safe could be seen built into the wall, deadbolted I might add, along with some various modern decor. Luis was grinning from cheek to cheek and sat down at his new desk and looked around for an ashtray but couldn't find one...

"I like what you've done with the place... but where's my ashtray?" Luis questioned Billy to which he slapped himself on the forehead and scurried out of the room and returned a few seconds later, placing a golden ashtray on the desk.

"A gift from Louis, Its solid gold and is worth well over few hundred thousand..." Billy said as he took a step back

"An excellent gift, I will have to return the favor. If that's all I'd like some time alone to take this all in and gather some thoughts on what I'm going to do next" Luis said as he ashed his cigarette and peered at Billy

"No sir, that was It... I'll get back to work.." he said as he swiftly left. Luis turned in his chair and looked out over the dockyards and smiled. He was now boss, UNION boss at that, he's got the whole dock underneath him now... He took another drag off his cigarette and drifted off into thought...

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Grosso had heard the news of South Philadelphia's Godmother and the appointment of Luis_Patangeli quickly. Such news travelled fast in his circles. Grosso had known Luis for a while now and it was only fitting that Grosso would go out to Luis' new head quarters and give his congratulations. It was something he new Luis did not expect immediately but his appointment was well deserved. 

Grosso found his way to the new head quarters. It was clear that Luis knew fine workers for the place looked incredible. The walls were painted beautifully and the lobby shined. It was in the lobby Grosso saw Luis talking to someone. Grosso decided to wait for the two to finish there conversation before reaching out to him. Manners, that was something that stood high within Race Street dating back when Jack Mezzo was still among them. It was something they all took pride in up-keeping. 

When the two finished their conversation Grosso stepped towards Luis and shook his hands.

"Congratulations good sir. A well deserved promotion and a great addition to South Philadelphia. I am proud to have worked with you under Louis Mezzo and hope we will continue woking together in the future."

Report Post Tip

Luis was having a brief conversation with a fellow union worker when he noticed Grosso come through the entrance doors. He quickly finished up and shook hands with the man before turning to approach his friend Grosso 

"My good friend, It's a pleasure to see you here. It is most definitely a honor to work under Louis in his upcoming endeavor, I know he will make Jack proud." Luis said grinning as he shook Grosso's hand.

"You have done quite well for yourself as well, taken on the role of left hand assisting Louis, Congrats!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Thank you Luis_Patangeli, it is an honour to serve Louis Mezzo this way and stepping into your footsteps." Grosso smiled at the man. "I know you are busy setting up so I will not take up any more of your time. Let us have a drink soon."

Grosso finished his conversation and headed toward the door, once again admiring the look of the place. He looked with happiness and longing towards the future. It was the next step for South Philadelphia. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Race Street: Labor Union
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL