Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 01:11:19
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Share Your MR Origins Story! Started by: Isabella-Luciano on Jan 31, '19 01:51

I have tried many times to remember how I started MR but I could never pinpoint it. I think I was looking from a break off wow but it still doesn;t make much sense since I have never played a browser game before MR. Pure luck I guess.

Report Post Tip

My origin was a fairly uninspiring one. I was playing a couple other browser games that I just wasn't satisfied and so one day started looking through the voting sites they encouraged players towards and found the listing for MR. I hadn't played a mafia game in some time and on arrival struggled a bit to find my feet. My first look around the site was a short one and explained little to nothing, but on the second I was scooped up into a crew that really showed me the ropes and helped me get into the role-playing side of the site more which was something that really set the experience off to me. The clicking side of things has been done to death in a thousand different ways on a thousand different site, but the stories that this place generates are something special.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Honestly, just a quick google search at the end of last year trying to find some kind of browser game to play to get me through working third shift. Joined the only family that RP'd with me while I was doing jobs for several and now I'm here at my current stage with my very first character.

Report Post Tip
i was playing a small browser text based games called new malice and it had reached its end as all the active players had already leveled up to maximum. and so i look for a new game to play. and while browsing 4chan ( i can't recalled all the details as i think i was chemically insane at that time)i saw this MR ads.i clicked on it and i'm still clicking until now.
Report Post Tip

I started 15 years ago when the site was mafia.org.

UncleNicky just went rogue and basically took over the site. JimmyT was the RHM and asked if I would be interested in playing. I joined up, got some others to roll with me. Made some life long friends here

Report Post Tip

Very similar to Warrior’s story.  Was lazing about at work and came across this thing on FHM that looked quite good as I was enjoying the Sopranos.  First CL was _PUNISHER_ (rip).  Hung around .org until it went shit; loved the massive crews.  When I started the rogues were really people to be feared; 4 hour pro, could shoot and not lose pro.  Pretty cool, all good fun!  Never legitimately made it to bold in the old .org.  Took me until 2010 on here to get authed…lol

Tried a similar type thing called MafiaFamily which was the first thing I’d seen with the district idea, also tried Injustice and something called AfterDeath I think.  Basically, the guys I hung about with moved from one to the other trying to take over the game not always successfully!

Report Post Tip

I joined much in the same way as Warrior back when Mafia.org hit the FHM top 100 online games list, ventured to Injustice too and another game I forgot the name of which stocks and shares as part of it, completely forget though. 

Anyway first character didn't have a clue what was going on. Turned gangster and some prick was like log out and log in so you turn gangster (after 24 hours) and then he shot me, but missed. Forget his name, DarkKnight or something. He was 110/111 for shot when that was good. Only shot missed was my character. 

After that just kind of got sucked in

Report Post Tip

I was bored studying my Law degree and flicked around the net.   I found org around 2002 and used it as a background game when playing working for devil-in-disguise then maverick which ended up being pretty much one and the same after an account takes over.   I died eventually as just got bored and disappeared.   But came back worked for Globe, Josmooth, MKM and a few others as moving from one boss to another with the highlight helping to destroy Smyge's crew I think it was. 

I had played other mafia games and some had disappeared become unstable and did Dark future, Injustice in time playing all games at once in the background as I studied.   As I moved around working pretty much org turned to crap, injustice went to mafia matrix and hated the health bar and I pretty much moved away from online gaming to PS3 then PS4 when more sticking round for a few friends on some games.

In general the games softer to try and keep people around between ranges, mia's, ria's, npcs as i remember when i would run the likes of 252344 on org etc and wack was so much harder to train even in the early days here when i moved over after the idea of mafialegends creation, then hearing of this place on social media.

I miss people more than things, the jail threads with emilia, pallida, chilid, bombay and kanada but still talk to a few now and again.   Is just interesting now and again when the kids which they were at the time what they turned into and how some people you wouldn't really want to around become so responsible in time.

Report Post Tip

I quit my job to study and switch careers. I often played moba mobile games while taking a break from teaching, but I needed something that could potentially take less time. I also recently watched RP streams on Twitch and got the itch. So, I gave this a try.

Report Post Tip

I remember I read somewhere a review, and it was about MR. I had absolutely no idea what text based games was, or roleplaying. I joined, died right after I shot someone the first day. THen I got angry, and I thought I sould join, and this time live longer. My first crew was Dick_Gozinya's. 

I thought I was the only one that didn't know much about the game, but I remember most people were bitching to the admins that the rank of Godfather doesn't exist! Until Anita became the first one, hehehe. Since then we grew up, became older and the game changed, became bigger and better, and more people play now. 

Almost half of the game's iportance was IRC though. What made me to have passion about the game, where I actually became a MR player, wasn't in my browswer, it was in IRC. My favorite irc room was #indie, and #DL of course. Thats the reason I stayed up countless nights, speaking with people from other countries, about the game, and many other things. 

So the reason I found this game was this review I found randomly online, but the good community in irc is why I stayed in game. 

Report Post Tip

My friend cav brought me here in like 16 years ago maybe longer.

I remember the other game, the 10 bg max, bigger HQ. all the different things.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Share Your MR Origins Story!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL