Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 15:08:48
Page:  1 
Lessons in the Air Started by: WallyWest on Feb 01, '19 00:37

Some days earlier...

The city went by in a blur as he passed buildings, civilians, vehicles, and the occasional pigeon. It wasn't exactly the schedule he was trying to keep today, but he needed to grab a quick bite to eat before he stopped in to see Zoom. There was something important that they needed to talk about....at least that's what the message said. The door swung open and he quickly switched into his street clothes while his suit went into his specially made ring. 

"Finally, my little pizza shop. Time to whip myself up a pizza before I head over to Pocket Meats Inc. headquarters." The thought of those damn pocket meats and his inability to vibrate fast enough for them to fall from his pocket still made him shiver. 

Wally made his way past the counter and into the back where a secondary pizza station was set up and began to roll and spread the dough. Before long the sauce was being spread out like a tidal wave striking the shore and the cheese was quick to follow. The pieces landing all around like a beautiful covering of snow in December. He was trying to cut down on the time he'd be here so a simple cheese pizza would have to do.

"Hey! Make sure to pull my pizza out of the oven before it burns. I need to go check something in the office." He made his way out of the kitchen and up a set of stairs to a door marked with a sign...

Mr. West

The key was around his neck on a chain as he never let it go from his person. It turned slowly and the lock clicked as the door finally opened. Once inside he locked it again and went over to his desk. Underneath he hit a button and the bookshelves behind him slid apart to reveal a room with multiple super suits he had made since his arrival here. Each had a matching ring to accompany it...

"Hmm. Which one to wear to the meeting?" He mumbled to himself as he walked past each one before finally stopping in front of the classic scarlet colored one.

"Why not? It can be refreshing to go old school." He grabbed the ring and in went the suit as he put the other ring in it's place for later.

As he exited the room, the bookshelves closed together as if the room did not exist. Before heading back downstairs he zoomed over to the table on the right side of the room to pour himself a drink. It was specially made for speedsters to overcome their high metabolism. He downed it and decided he should go down and get his pizza. 

The pizza was nicely placed inside a box after being sliced into eight equal pieces. He picked it up and smiled at his staff for making it ready to go. So off he went at high speed with pizza in one hand and the box in the other. It would be gone by the time he made his way over to Zoom for their meeting....

As he entered Zoom's office and dumped the pizza box into the undersized garbage can he spotted the couch and laid down. Zoom didn't even turn around before he chuckled...

"You know there were probably at least a dozen dumpsters and garbage cans on your route here from the pizza place, right?" He turned and took a seat at his desk. 

Across the room Wally was wiping his face with a napkin he had stuffed into his super suit on his way out of the pizza shop....

"Yeah, but I figured I shouldn't waste any time on my way here. I couldn't be late for whatever this meeting is." He put his feet up on the opposite arm of the sofa.

In a single blink of the eye Zoom came across the room and knocked his feet off the sofa before returning to his desk, "So now on to business. If you don't mind. I don't have much time for your foolishness today. This is important."

Wally could tell he was serious so he sped over and sat in the chair across from Zoom, "What's up? Somebody die or something?"

Zoom shook his head, "I need you to no longer call this place home. I was hoping you'd go join up with Zaheer as he sets up operations here in Los Angeles. He could use your energy around his headquarters."

The news was exciting and a bit sad all at once...

"Now don't get too emotional. I know you'll be around to bug me all the time. I also know you've talked with Zaheer a bit, but I think you should head over to his new headquarters as soon as possible in order to get to know him better. You two need to work together and build that strong bond." He leaned forward towards Wally.

"I cannot stress how important this job is and how much you can really do to help out with our business here in Los Angeles. I've liked what I've seen so far since you arrived here on the West Coast. It's time for you to keep impressing me and Zaheer. So go on. Get out of here and don't disappoint." He smiled and waved Wally out the door.

Wally smiled and began to move for the door when a thought hit him, "So what's this new crew going to be called? Not something....meat related, right?" 

Zoom frowned, "No. You're joining the organization known as Red Lotus. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it as Pocket Meats Inc., but to each his own." 

With that Wally smiled and exited the office in a flash....

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Just a few moments later...

The new headquarters was pretty empty in comparison to the one he just left, but he figured it would slowly fill up as purchases were made and robberies happened. He'd have to consider bringing over some or all of his office furnishings from the pizza place and then just buy some cheaper replacements for the shop. His new office here would be more deserving of his current furnishings. It was time to find Zaheer in this place....wherever he was hiding...

He zipped around the entirety of the building and found nothing, "What the hell....Zoom said he'd be here....so what's up?"

The muttering was interrupted by a sound behind him...

As he turned around he spotted Zaheer sitting on the floor in the middle of what would become the living room. Wally scratched his head as he wondered where he had come from.

"Hey Zaheer I...." Zaheer held up his hand to stop Wally mid sentence.

"Well that's rude..." He thought to himself as he continued approaching his new crew leader.

After waiting about 15 minutes for the old man as Zoom called him, he finally stood up and turned to face Wally with a plain expression.

"You need to work on perfecting the gifts that you have. Your inability to find me was quite disappointing after all that Zoom told me of what you can do. We will work on it though." He began to walk away and Wally couldn't keep quiet.

"I'm perfectly fine with the gifts I've got. I can't help it that you decided to come inside after I searched the last corner of the building. My speed makes me more impressive than the average gangster." He smirked.

"Hmm. There is that ego that Zoom spoke of in regards to your gifts. I will give you three chances to take this playing card from my hand to prove to me that I was wrong about you." He held it out and continued staring at Wally.

"Ha! That's a piece of cake." He said just before jumping into action and heading straight for the card. 

Time slowed and as his hand approached the card he legs were blown out from underneath him sending him tumbling and keeping the card out of his reach....

"One." Zaheer said as he turned to face Wally.

"What the hell..." He said under his breath.

This time Wally decided to start by circling Zaheer.....waiting for the right.....moment...to....STRIKE! As he reached out for the card a staff connected with his head causing him to see stars and tumble across the floor.

"Okay what is going on!? Is Zoom hiding in here?" Wally was getting aggravated now at his inability to get the card.

"Two." The word was all that the man said as he once again turned to face the speedster.

Before Wally could try again Zaheer held his hand up once more to stop him, "You know you could accomplish so much more if you stopped allowing so much to constrain you and control you. There is more to life than the rules that you have been led to believe apply to you in every aspect of your life and your gifts. Now. Try once more."

Wally wasn't sure what the old man meant, but he closed his eyes and let go of everything.....everything but the feeling of the speedforce surging up towards him as if it was locked away deep down inside him. His eyes open and he sprinted into action...

His eyes caught sight of the gust of wind coming towards him as he essentially jumped over it. Next came the staff trying to hit him as he jumped....it was a good try, but Wally's toes connected with the floor in time to limbo underneath the staff. Just as he fingertips came into contact with the card it was pulled just out of reach....

He slid to a stop a few feet past Zaheer. The card dissapeared into his sleeve...

"Impressive. It took Zoom many more tries to even make contact with the card. Perhaps you will be a quick learner. You still have plenty of things to learn if you are to master those gifts of yours." He seemed to....smirk as he turned away to head upstairs.

"Hey! You work up an appetite? I could go for some pizza...." But there was no answer. 

Wally shrugged, "More for me then I guess."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Lessons in the Air
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL