Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 06:46:10
Page:  1 
The Corktown Enquirer: Issue No. 1 Started by: CeceliaBriggs on Feb 14, '19 02:16

The Corktown Enquirer: Issue No. 1

Where the curious go, and the intrigued linger.

Foreword:

"Imagine a world where the presses are stopped. The flood of paper-laid information ceases and newspaper boys everywhere quiet their perpetually yelling voices. Word-of-mouth carries the newest story, the latest drama. He-said, she-said. Whispers echo throughout. 

I will ask you to forgive me for this rude interruption, in that case. The inaugural edition of this paper will do its best to cause a piercing-enough cry that avalanches will bring forth a new reality."

-Acting Owner, Co-Owner, Editor-In-Chief, Chief Correspondent, and Head of Legal Counsel, Cecelia Briggs.

Shots Startle the Country

At approximately 16:51 local time on February 10th, the head of the up-and-coming organization formerly known as the 'No Coffee group' was gunned down, signalling the beginning of a very long day for representatives of various organizations and local law enforcement. The first casualty of many, the man who went by the nickname of 'Toothpick' was one of a handful of recent leaders who had taken up the mantle to reconstruct the Emerald City of Seattle, which had been devastated by war. 

Although Toothpick was the only crew leader to be slain, it would be wrong to say there were no other losses. To quote a local leader when asked about the recent events:

"Well I think it's pretty much obvious, those rogues have no respect for our life and rules... Beside that in this recent event I have lost some friends in that fire which happened this weekend, so how can I feel except be very sad about recent happenings. But what to do it's all part of life we chosen[sic], what we can do is helping the kin of friends of ours we lost in this attack and carry on..."

-Mr. V

Here at the Corktown Enquirer, we absolutely wish peace upon the families and loved ones of those who fell over the weekend. 

In Wake of Shootings, The Tenacious Persevere 

It was not very shocking to see another rogue situation over the weekend, but it was when I learned one of their accomplices was a colleague. I won't pretend we were close, but it always seems like it's the people you least expect it from. I suppose that is the point, though.

As we grieve over our lost, we also must recognize what still is. To quote an influential New York City leader:

"[M]any great mafia members died for no reason. The deaths at the hand of a Rogue are almost always pointless. Those that lost their lives will be remembered. Especially our family member Kes. He will be missed and it's a great loss to the family."

"...[D]espite the miles that separate these great mafia cities, the leaders came together to remove the threat and once again make our streets safe for lawbreaking mafia types. In the end there are no heroes, no fanfare, no parades. Just a United Mafia Family."                   

-Tiny_Tim

It is definitely a thankless job, Tiny_Tim. I couldn't have said it better myself. After re-occurring rogue events, one must always wonder: Will order or chaos triumph? More importantly, is it necessary to keep order at all costs? Finally, who really represents order in this situation?

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $240,000 Tip

Love is in the Air

On a lighter topic as Valentine's Day approaches, take some time to acknowledge a person you are close with, whether that be a loved one, partner, crazy aunt, or even your crazy aunt's cat- noted the cat is likely not a person. Here is a quote to add some perspective:

“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” 

-Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

I sure hope someone has revoked Cupid's flying license if he's going around blind.

Everyone of us has their own idea of love, whether that be who you love, how you love, or how you'd like to be loved. All we can hope is that we find someone who understands our ways and manages to speak the same language as us. Enjoy your Valentine's Day.

Report Post Tip

Advertisers Wanted!

If you've got an up-and-coming business or even a real blockbuster, feel free to contact the editor for advertising rights for your business, organization, idea, or even a question. Deals can be per paper, per month, or ongoing, we're flexible. 

Your Advertisement Here:

Situated on the cozy corner between fine dining and bustling shop offerings, Your Advertisement Here provides the perfect getaway for a solo adventure, couples retreat, or even fun for the whole family. Local attractions include the Your Advertisement Here comedy club, cinema, bowling alley, theme park, golf club, and the scenic vista along the Your Advertisement Here boardwalk and hiking trail.

Founded in 1907, Your Advertisement Here has provided quality comfort while pampering customers with superb care and support as they enjoy their well-deserved rest. A four and a half star resort, movie stars are seen sunbathing alongside affluent locals. All in all, this is a chance you won't want to miss, especially because of the 15% Valentine's Day discount!

Love yourself and your family. Book a trip to Your Advertisement Here today. 

[*Your Advertisement Here is not a real establishment, please do not try contacting the phone operators to find them.]

Report Post Tip

Afterword: 

We thank you for reading this issue of The Corktown Enquirer, please come back next week. We'll have a more robust paper as we continue to develop in pursuit of content engaging for all readers, making this paper a notable companion for all meals (including brunch and your mid-afternoon snack), and furthermore bringing lasting quality to our written work.

Your feedback and support will be heavily valued moving forward.

~Cecelia Briggs

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Got a story you'd like us to pursue? Have a question? Want to join our team? 

Contact our staff today!

~

Patrons of the Enquirer: In the future, we will give a show of gratitude to our backers by including their names (as requested) in the back of the paper. All donations are accepted, even including that one dollar bill stuck to that infamous wad of gum.

~

Make this week a good one. For now, we bid you adieu. 

The Corktown Enquirer

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Corktown Enquirer: Issue No. 1
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL