Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 20:11:35
Page:  1 
It's Not Always Chocolates and Roses. Started by: ConstanceBonacieux on Feb 15, '19 04:04

After what seemed like an eternity she received the announcement that no deaths had been experienced by their side, Constance looks out the window to see a crowd of the usual suspects gathering outside. Looking down at the bottom of an empty glass that had once contained her favourite gin and then looking over at Transistor sat staring into an empty mason jar that once had his cousin's sister's boyfriend's uncle's mother's best moonshine in it she knows that she cannot avoid the questions and accusations for much longer. She did what she felt was best for those that she worked with... Taking a deep breath she steps out and coughs quietly before starting to speak.

Sometimes as a leader, you are faced with some really tough decisions.  Information comes flying across your desk that you wish you hadn't seen. Sometimes you receive a phone call that you never wanted to hear. Regardless of the hope of working together to create a hospitable environment for bloodlines new and old sometimes you have to act first to protect those that you hold near and dear and are responsible for the safety of. 

Today you saw how far Philly is willing to go to keep our city and those that we are proud to call allies safe. We were hoping to avoid this, however, it was inevitable that something would get in the way of the peaceful existence we were trying to achieve.

I could come up with a bunch of reasons as to why we did this that you've all heard before, but the most important reason is protecting our own from risks known and unknown. After reports of a planned attack scheduled for around the Valentines Day Massacre event, we decided to protect our families, friends, and partners in crime. 

That's it, that's all there is to it. It's not complicated. 

Having nothing more to say Constance turns away and returns to her office to reflect upon the day's events.

Report Post Tips: 36 / Total: $750,000 Tip

BorisJohnson strolls through the steets.

"HawHaw I see what happened here and i'm sure no one blames you for what happened accusations happen all the time its up to you weather you choose to believe them"

BorisJohnson stubles down the street like he was drunk but infact he was actually sober

Report Post Tip

Knowing it actually was inappropriate for a gunless civilian to speak to a Godfather Chairman, YesterdaysSpecial decided to step forward anyway, feeling responsible to respond after hearing how the title gave some hint of who the attack was aimed at.

First of all, I am very sorry for the many lovely people that have fallen. There have been many that my mother Tammy would have given her life for to save them.
To be honest, she was less fond of her own life than of those of the lovely people that surrounded her.

Looking straight at ConstanceBonacieux, YesterdaysSpecial spoke again
Tammy knew..

Resuming after a short break

Tammy knew it was not always chocolate and roses. That is why Today's Special would have been savoury. She had a Greek Spinach Pie special prepared.

Smiling, YesterdaysSpecial added
I could be holding a speech on the source of your information and how trustworthy they are, or even on how you want to interpretate their trustworthiness, but I will not.

@YesterdaySpecial turned around and whispered some things to all that were gathered around, so they knew how respectfully it was to at least be whispered at.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

By nature our world is a brutal one, we're all destined to live short lives. I know my father understood and accepted this from the start so I can't be too upset at his passing, but I know he would be disappointed that his friends who had given him so much had died in such a predictable way. 

That said, I was close with my father and will share some relevant information that I picked up from him. 

Firstly, I would just like to confirm that of course there was no attack planned. Even if there had been a plan without my father's knowledge those who survived in Detroit, and presumably were responsible for falsifying the information, would have been the very last to know about it for reasons that were obvious yesterday and are even clearer after what took place.

I can't help but feel that it comes across as somewhat out of touch to hear the Godfather Chairman of Philadelphia talk about the "peaceful existence we were trying to achieve." My father told me that during his lifetime he witnessed Philadelphia participate in the massacre of literally every single other city. Some on multiple occasions. I have heard stories of Philadelphia being a key part in the one of the longest eras of peace in modern memory and being an incredible positive force in our world, but it seems that version of Philadelphia died along with some key members in South Philly.

It's hard now to see Philadelphia as anything other than a destructive, conservative power. Even if they wanted to change at this point, their past violence simply causes too much paranoia in any city that is not under their influence. No city leader will miss the coincidence that time and again Philadelphia receive "reports of a planned attack" but are always somehow the first to strike, just as some rival power is approaching the point where they could match PH. If you were currently running a city that was growing in strength how could you not fear a Philadelphia knock on the door in the near future considering recent history? That kind of paranoia simply leads to further take downs from Philadelphia, and perpetuates the cycle. 

With all this being said, the destructive role of Philadelphia is not really one that deserves criticism. They've earned their position through skill, effort, and politicking to enforce their will on the world and keep their people safe. The fact that they choose to do it through violence is just unfortunate for the rest of us. My only issue is that I feel it's a role they could accept with a little more grace, rather than talk about the peaceful existence they are attempting to achieve. 

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $290,000 Tip
So destruction of all in 13th street because of V-day. Very interesting reason this.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

We're told the reasoning behind the partial takedown is because of reports of a planned attack scheduled around V-Day. Not the event itself, Tutte.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

..and we totally believe it

Report Post Tip

Well, I didn't say that. That's completely up to the individual on the receiving end. You can have a difference of opinion. You are your own person, go right ahead! However, if you're going to make your opinion public then I invite you to elaborate on your thoughts. That's all.

In this case, though I don't think Tutte was disagreeing with what was said here rather misinterpreted.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: It's Not Always Chocolates and Roses.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL