Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 19:14:25
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Surprise! I'm Home. Started by: Luis_Patangeli on Feb 15, '19 11:08

As Luis sat there listening to his daughter reply, he couldn't help but feel at ease. His lifestyle wasn't exactly one you go around bragging about to just anyone, infact.. it is frowned upon.. people view you as a murderous thug with no moral values but there are entirely wrong.. We hold strict street codes to which our soldier, associates, all levels of the mafia, adhere to, on top of we don't just go out and 'murder' for fun.. sure there are those who may enjoy it, but every hit had a reason behind it.

He smiled as his daughter confirmed she wanted to be here and help him, it was a welcome as there is no one more you could trust then your own family, and in this line of work trust was everything. He picked up his glass and took a swig, letting it rest in his had as he continued listening to his daughter, although it seemed she was all about done when she asked where he gets his whiskey from, this sent him grinning from cheek to cheek before staring down into the whiskey settling in his cup before finishing it and setting it back down on the table...

"That's a secret that maybe I can let you in on in the future, until then your gonna have to enjoy it when I pull it out.." he grinned as she playfully swatted at him for withholding the information

"Whatever it is that brought you here, I'm glad it did. You don't need all those books and.. what is it you called it? Homework? I never even graduated highschool.. your grandfather told me public education was stupid and a form of brainwashing and un enrolled me when I was about 15..." he sighed and stood up and approached the window to look out it

"That's when he brought me into the family.. showed me the ropes.. put me on the streets... I completed my first contract for my father by the time I was 17.. Killed a man that owed the family a LOT of money.." noticing Vale was pretty shocked to hear her father had murdered someone he quickly turned and approached her, leaning down beside here but she pressed herself back away from him

"Hey.. look.. I know you may think I'm a monster for doing something like that..." Luis sighed and shook his head giving Vale her distance

"But it's why I'm so protective of you.. I know your not 10 years old anymore, and it's gonna take some time for me to really adjust to that.. your mother moved away to protect you from all of this too, but here we are.." he stood back up and re approached the window to look back out it

"Your mother is probably the only person on the face of this earth that scares me more then your grandfather, So I respected her decision to take you away from me.. shelter you from all this.. I allowed it to happen... and I'm sorry.." he let out a sigh and again shook his head..

"I hope you can forgive me?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It was always something she kind of figured, you don't last this long in the business without having to roll some heads. Burying people was part of the life but it still took her by a bit of surprise when it actually came out of his mouth that he had ended peoples lives before. She had never really thought of him more then her father, prior to moving back to Philadelphia.

Needless to say, it has been quite to family history lesson since she had been here. It all made perfect sense, aspects of her life now made sense. It was stuff that had already been pre coded into her gene's. Now she wasn't sure if she'd be able to pull the trigger while aiming at someone but it wasn't something she would completely rule out.

She couldn't hold him at fault for the things he had to do: for himself, his people and his family name. There was no need for forgiveness, no need for her to hold any sort of grudges. She understood it all.

"There's no need for forgiveness. You had to do what you had to do, right?" She watched as he gave her a nod in agreement.

"I can not hold anything against you, for the actions of the past or even the future. I understand this is a business, this is a way of life. Those who threaten that way of life need to be dealt with." Vale took a quick moment to take in some air before continuing. "Now I can't say I'd be able to do the same thing as of this moment but if I'm placed into a situation where it has to be done then it has to be done. Though I'm really hoping you have enough people around you that they can handle the extreme dirty work like that."

She already knew the answer to that one, Luis had many people who wouldn't hesitate to take out the trash when needed. Though it was something that she needed to make sure and say.

"Mom keep me from you for the last decade, we have a lot of catching up to do. Just know that I'm here now and I'm not leaving. Not unless you tell me too."

Luis smiled, he felt closer to his daughter now than he has in years.. he approached her and gently patted her on the shoulder before picking up his glass of whiskey and taking another swig and approaching the kitchen..

"I'm glad you see things that way, and your mother.. well she just couldn't get past that.. so she moved away.." he put his cup back down on the kitchen counter and unloaded his bag of fruit and approached the refrigerator

"But enough of all that, we have plenty of time to catch up.. you are free to stay here as long as you need! Right now.. I'm going to whip you up a homemade plate of Spaghetti Carbonara, along with some fine wine.. Just like your grandmother used to make for you as a kid... I still have her recipe.." he said as he glanced over his shoulder at Vale and pulled ingredients from the fridge and placed them on the counter

Joe walked in and shut the door behind him and shook his hands together like a prey mantis when he noticed Luis starting to cook

"Ah yea.. what's for dinner boss? I'm starving.." Luis turned and glared at him and he quickly sat down and shut up and picked up the magazine to read

"The food's not for you.. you god dam free loader.. I pay you guys to get your own dam food.." he scoffed at Joe who knew better then to reply

"Any special requests?" he said with a nicer tone to Vale while he chopped up the guanciale on the counter...

Vale spent the next couple minutes inside her own head, completely zoning out. There wasn't anything in particular she was thinking of, was mainly a combination of everything that had gotten her to this point. It had already been one hell of a ride and here she was about to start a new adventure.

"Any special requests?" Luis stated, as he kept chopping waiting for Vale to answer him. Answering him she did not, so once more he asked. This time with a bit more tone in it.

"Vale! Any Special Requests??"

The tone was high enough to grab her attention but she had no clue what he had just asked. Whipping her head around to find where he was at, she noticed he was chopping something up. Looking down at the knife then back up to his face, Vale did the only thing she could think of at the moment.

With a shrug of her shoulders, Vale pushed herself up from the chair she was sitting in and made her way over to her father.

"I didn't know you could cook, this whole coming to Philadelphia just keeps getting better and better. What's next, a whiskey water fountain?"

Report Post Tip

Luis grinned at her statement before tossing the meat in the pan and shifting it around as it sizzled

"We could maybe manage one of those in here.. Just take out the couch in the living room and stick a fountain there.." he giggled before turning to Valencia standing behind him

"Although I think you've had enough whiskey today.. between you, Vito, and Joe I'm out 2 bottles already..." he glared at Joe who shrugged back at him

"Why don't you get the table setup, we can have a proper dinner.. or just eat on the couch... I could care less.. That thing is filthy with the way Joe eats around it..."

"Hey atleast I don't send food flying around the room like Big Mike.. that guy is a pigpen.." Joe protested but still continued reading the paper in his hand.. Luis shook his head and glanced back at Vale who was standing there staring at him

"Well.. what's it gonna be? Table or couch?" he said sternly

Report Post Tip

Vale was a bit off put with the cutting off of the whiskey comment. Clearly he didn't know how well she could hold her liquor.

"Oh come on, two bottles of whiskey. I didn't even drink both of them myself, hell I'm not even drunk. Tipsy perhaps, hungry definitely but drunk I am not."

Crossing her arms and leaning back a bit in her stance, Vale gave him a glare. It was a glare that didn't last long as the smell of the food reached her senses. Letting out a slight sigh, Vale quickly uncrossed her arms.

"The couch works for me but if we must sit at the table then so be it. How much longer? Surely enough time for another drink, huh?"

She shot a wink in Luis direction.

Luis shook his head as he turned around to continue stirring the meat around in the pan

"God how did I get so lucky, I was hoping you'd say the couch.. your mother always liked us to sit at the table.. but I haven't even used the thing since I left her really.. thing sits over there gathering dust.." he turned back around and smiled

"You can pour another drink AFTER you find the baseball game, the New York Giants should be playing.. I know how much you love the giants.."

Joe let out a deep sigh but didn't put his paper down

"Hey don't even get started over there Joe.. fuck those Brooklyn Dodgers..."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Surprise! I'm Home.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL