Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 09:04:50
Page:  1 
Shady's automobile emporium Started by: Shady_Acres on Feb 19, '19 21:44

Shady thought long and hard about opening his first business. His family has always been trading, building and servicing weapons for generations. But Shady had other plans, since he was a boy he loved automobiles. His father drove a Ford Model T all black with custom white striped tires. The horses maxed out at 20 giving it some great kick power and the cornering was loose just like the old man liked it.

Yes, today was going to be the grand opening of his first legitimate (front) business.

-- -- GRAND OPENING -- --

Shady's Motor Emporium

Location:   C / O   Michigan Ave & 11th Street  - Corktown ,  Detroit
Imports / Exports / Racing / Muscle / Domestic

It was an Important day for Shady, he arrived early at work clocking in just after 4 am. Preparing the final opening touches and giving his staff their final instructions. Nothing could go wrong today it was just too important.  After the staff meeting he took a brisk walk across the 35000 sq ft lot making sure every section was ready.

The yard was divided in 3 sections

The North side was the main showroom where all the new vehicles were stored. The Manager named DEWALT was a friendly man that never took no for an answer . He could sell snow to an eskimo and even give him a discount. He has been selling automobiles since the age of 14 when 'after a fight with his cousin' he then sold that cousins car for a 40% gain above retail price.  Shady took him in and supplied him with a stack of questionable cars to sell, after a few days nothing was left, this was the start of a life long friendship.

DEWALT was supported by 3 young men known as BIG, TINY and TIM. Street racers since a young age they eventually ended up at Shady's door when they lost to him one winters night. What started as odds jobs went full circle to gainful employment. Their combined knowledge of cars could rival even Henry Ford himself. With more racing titles than criminal convictions they were perfect employees. They just loved what they did, passion never stood a chance.

The MAIN SHOWROOM was the envy of the town, it gave meaning to the words Motor City.  26000 sq ft of the most Expensive, most Affordable and Fastest cars available. The northern side of the showroom was stacked with european imports all the way from Germany , England , France and Italy. They include the magnificently crafted :

To the western side there was an assortment of EVERYDAY WORKING CLASS CARS. Proudly advertising the best price in town the cars consisted of a few :

To the south was the RACING SHOWROOM. The best Racing cars of the era was for sale for the right price. Shady was almost blinded as the chrome reflected the light straight into his eyes. It was a special collection consisting of amazing cars which included :

Beautifully displayed under constant lighting it was quite the sight. Numerous sales people stood by to assist the customers gathering outside.

The Western side consisted of the AFTER SALES CARE which included auto repairs and servicing. It was quite a large workshop with 10 car lifts evenly spread and 3 man teams stationed at each lift. Half of the lifts were currently adding the finishing touches to some of the cars already destined for new owners. Shady had thought it fit to gift some of his associates new automobiles. After seeing some of the bullet holes in their automobiles he had to make sure they were given proper functional stylish cars.
He set a couple of Mercedes-Benz 710 SSK Trossi Roadster's on the side for : Rebecca_Ferrari  Billy_Mastrosimone and KTI-  then he  had armor added to both sides including a special thick glass to all the windows. Extra turbos were added and the suspension customized to allow for solid street handling and a super smooth ride. Shady also had a few Buick's and Cadillac's prepared for :  HalJordan Heartless-  CeceliaBriggs     the cars were specially upgraded with armor and hidden compartments for weapons and prohibited items.

The employee responsible for running the workshop was BOB. He was a mechanic since the age of 7 when he took his fathers Ford apart and surprisingly put it back again. Before the age of 12 he was servicing all the cars in the neighborhood for extra money and soon after his 18th birthday got involved in some police chop shop trouble. After being picked up by the police Shady met him by chance when bailing out one of his associates. Suddenly a thief became a friend who became a mechanic and never looked back. He runs a 30 man work crew and keeps it easy by simply calling everyone a number. It made his life easier and confused the workers at first but not long after everyone knew when to count how far.
Shady checks up on BOB to make sure his gift cars are finally done and ready for the streets. All is well.

To the south was big iron gates with the words "BY APPOINTMENT ONLY" painted in a menacing red color. In front of the gates were numerous big built men in suits wearing fedoras. The main henchman walked around chasing people away with his clipboard working hard to keep the schedules straight. It almost looked like they were waiting for people to arrive. Only time will tell what secrets lies hidden to the south.

Large crowds started assembling ahead of the grand opening.  Shady organized over 30 strong armed men for extra security to make sure the day went smoothly.

It was finally 09:00 in the morning and Shady blew the horn to signal the start of THE GRAND OPENING.

Crowds filled the lot as deals were made left and right. Happy clients happy life....

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $300,000 Tip

Hal was back in Detroit after a well earned break, and he was feeling fresh, he had heard of a car dealership just opening up owned by his good friend Shady_Acres, and he was keen to check it out. Making his way to the dealership he could see floods of people excited about the opening, as he tried to weave his way thought he finally managed to make it to the entrance.

As he fought his way in he noticed Shady over by the Rolls Royce Phantom, and he went over to greet him

"Shady! what a wonderful place you have here, look I have come into some money and am looking to do some business I need some high end wheels what you got to offer?"

Hal looked around at all the cars on offer, but nothing really jumped out at him, what his was looking for was something unique and very expensive.

Hal put his arm around Shady.

"All these cars you have here are beautiful, some of the best cars ive seen but what I need is a 1931 Cord L-29 Cabriolet, can you get that for me?"

Hal clicked open a briefcase he was holding to show he was serious, and quickly shut it back up and before Shady could answer he headed over to take a closer look at the Rolls Royce Phantom.

Report Post Tip

KTI looked over the piece of paper again..

"Michigan Ave and 11th." KTI muttered to himself as he looked up at the street signs. 

KTI walked up to a steel gate on the South end. The guards at the gate immediately waved KTI through. 

KTI looks around, lost in all of the nice cars on the lot before being approached by Dewalt. 

"Looking to buy today, sir?" Dewalt asks

"Uhh, well. Shady, the owner called for me to come here. I am not really sure..."

"Stop right there, I will go get him for you."

KTI waits...

Report Post Tip

Being in Motor City Fydora knew she should check out the selection of vehicles offered at a local lot. Seeing this establishment was from a friend of her father's, She knew she had found the place to check out. Fydora was kind of intimidated by the prices of the cars but she knew they were of a sleeker design.

Thankfully with all the customers available Fydora had some time to kill before she was helped. She adjusted her fedora and checked to make sure she didn't have any lipstick askew. She waited patiently to be helped and hoped even to get help from the owner himself. Shady_Acres was building a reputation back in Las Angeles as a smooth talker so she knew she would need to get her thoughts in order before they appeared.

Report Post Tip

Shady looked at the stuffed suitcase... then back at HalJordan....   suddenly they both burst out in full blown laughter attracting the attentions of some guards and clients. Shady quickly waves then off and lights another cigar while continuing to chat with HalJordan.

That was a good one Hal, but I'm afraid this gift has no strings and your money is no good here. If you want a 1931 Cord L-29 Cabriolet i only have 3 left in stock.  Currently they are stored in LA so I can move them here no problem but it might take a few days. I just need to know 1 thing... the 1931 Cord L-29 Cabriolet  do you want it in  BUSINESS BLUESUNSET ORANGE   or   MURDEROUS MAROONTo be honest I like them all. Hahaha

So what will it be... take your time to think Ill be right back... I see someone else calling. Great seeing you Hal.

Shady puffs away to another customer.

Report Post Tip

After a long days of walks and sometimes the weather be bad to walk in it, and the bad buses travel from city to city which made him so tired every time he thinks about traveling, Leo thought that he should buy a car finally, well he don't like to drive too much too, but it is better than being stuck in crowded buses and walk long ways sometimes or in bad weathers.

While Leo was about to leave DT, he remembered that his friend Shady_Acres have a motor shop, he thought he should go and give him a visit there as he may help him with that, as Leo was walking there he saw a kid wanted to buy a candy which made Leo remember his child life so he gave him few dollars so he can buy them.

Leo reached the place of Shady, he walked in and looked for his friend "Hello where I can find shady ?" the man pointed at him, Leo walked to him "hello my friend how are you ?" Leo said to him while extending his arm to shake his.

"I came here looking for your advice, I'm looking for a good car for work and travels, you know I got enough of the buses things and its crowded area's so I'm looking for a good car that help with that" Leo smiled and whispers to him "and you know for the other things too" Leo waited to see what shady would advice him and what do he have that can help him for that.

Report Post Tip

As Shady leaves Hal to ponder over his choices Dewalt comes scurrying along .   "  Boss Boss !  Mr KTI is here for that special order.  aahhh yes thanks Dewalt, have the boys bring that car up to the front..."   " Yes Sir " replied Dewalt as he disappeared into the workshop.

Within a few seconds Shady found KTI- looking like he was deep in thought.  " Hey KTI-  how have you been?   Shady Extends a firm handshake as they shared a few good laughs. You must be wondering why I asked you to come see me, please let me explain. Business has been booming and sales keep on climbing. I've hit gold.  I would like to thank you for your earlier support by giving you a fully upgraded 
Mercedes-Benz 710 SSK Trossi Roadster  with all the bells and whistles on the house.

We have specially hardened the body with some new alloy metal mixtures. It's lighter and stronger with good bullet resistance. Special solid rubber tires will make sure no puncture gets in the way. It's really and office fortress on wheels. I hope you will have great use for it in the future

Shady waves over at Dewalt and a beautiful Mercedes starts to slowly peddle into the shop stopping just short of KTI- and Shady. People started humming around them viewing the beautiful automobile.

Shady hands KTI- the keys and looks at him while he is in disbelief.....   

Report Post Tip

Tutte came in to watch on all those wonder-cars in there, amazing how many great cras those developers have made and they were absolutely  worth watching and also well-worth the prices they cost.

One car was really special andn that were the Bugatti Type 35B Grand Prix, what a car, smooth lines and a superb italian made car.

Report Post Tip

Strider wandered through Motor city searching for a car dealership that would cater to his needs, help him find his dream machine, but so far he could not find a single decent place. He thought he might try one more place before giving up for the day.

This dealership was different from the rest, not only was it bigger than the previous places he visited but there were plenty of people walking around looking at the merchandise, that must account for something he thought. The sign at the front said Shady's Motor Emporium and Strider headed towards the northern showroom.

As soon as he stepped foot inside the showroom, he was greeted by a man who introduced himself as Dewalt. "Hi Dewalt, I see you have a wide selection of automobiles here . Do you own this place?" asked Strider.

"No sir, I'm just the manager. Shady_Acres is the owner of this dealership. He stepped out for a bit, but he should be back soon" replied Dewalt.

"Alright, mind if I look around Dewalt?" with that Strider moved away from Dewalt and walked towards the cars on display. He had quite a bit of dough saved up and he was willing to burn through it all as long as he found the right vehicle. He paid no attention to the western side of the showroom, those weren't the types of cars he was interested in. He went to the northern side of the showroom and started looking around , moving from one car to the next , trying to find that one car.

Report Post Tip

Shady greeted LeoMaranzano warmly.    " Hey buddy great to see you again ! Things been going well in New York. I heard that you are making a name for yourself ? I'm happy and well done !  "

They chat for a while as Shady listens to Leo's requirements. Then they laugh as Leo spoke about the 'other things'

Soon Shady waived Dewalt over to go fetch one of the newer models that arrived a few days earlier. After some discussions he scurries off.

Shady looks at Leo, smiles and says   "Well brother, I have something special for you. There are only 4 of them currently in existence and I drive one myself. The other 3 are already sold, but fuck it that client can get something else. I mean if you run the largest bank in California you are probably too busy for the road, and keeping a beauty like this in a garage is a crying shame... maybe even a crime. It was built for the open road and cruising in town. "

Dewalt drives up in a   " 1930 Dueseberg Model J Murphy Town Carhe jumps out and with a quick movement of the wrist he flicks the keys over to Shady who catches it without looking. "  So how do you like it, I also have a BLUE one. They are beautiful aren't they. "

" Regarding what we talked about earlier. These cars are extremely rare, and the one in front of you even more so."
Looking confused for a second Leo understood and smiled from ear to ear.

Shady continued to explain.  "We boosted the engine, I had extra layers of armor added, the windows has a special glue between the glass panes strengthening it. It can stop up to a .45 caliber bullet most of the time. So few typewriter issues, and of course space. You'll see extra hidden compartments here and there under the seat and luggage space. Making some of your business trips remarkably easier. "

Leo seemed amazed by all the effort Shady put into the car.

" And of course, what is luxury without cool air. I know the buses you spoke of, always hot inside stuffy and sweaty. Well, I found a man in New York who invented an air cooling system. His name is Willis Carrier , and he calls it Air Conditioning. Dunno how it works, all I care about is that cold air. So no more buses OK! "

Leo tried to ask for a price but was quickly shut down by Shady. 
"I know what you're thinking, the cars at the "Working Mans Section" goes for $300 t $500. This goes for a cool $20 - $25k never mind the upgrades . But your money is no good here, your father helped me out allot when I was younger. How could I ever charge you.  " Shady said in a determined tone.

He drops the keys into Leo's hands.

Report Post Tip

Anakin knew he wouldn't be in here to be buying anything particularly today but he was growing more and more interested about how the people of this planet got around from place to place, other than the walking and the airplanes of course. He'd seen these things on four wheels moving through the streets and believed them to be called cars. They reminded him of cruisers or speeders back on his world, except they weren't as fast and didn't hover over the ground and instead drove on it. The theory was interesting even though it looked the similar and probably operated similar he could tell they were different from the machines that he knew. Either way he was as enraptured with driving as he was with flying so he was equally interested in finding out about these cars.

Once he entered this place he was absolutely amazed. The way it was set up was very organized and well kept, but what was more amazing was the actual driving machines that were on display. These cars were definitely different from the normal everyday ones, even though there were some normal selection here as well, the ones that really captured his attention were the fancy looking ones. Those were some truly good looking machines and he wished to have one for himself.

'One day. I will be able to try one out for myself one day.' Anakin thought to himself.

Of course due to the cars he was looking at and the clothes he was wearing he didn't quite look like he could afford any of the cars he was looking at, and even though he didn't fully understand the currency of this world, he also felt that he couldn't afford the ones he wanted either. He'd figure that out and was sure he'd be back. He looked back one more time at the car called the Auto Union Type C. He liked all of the race cars but this one looked appealed to him the most. He promised himself that if he ever left or before he left he'd have one for himself. He just had to figure out a way to make a grand sum of money first.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

He had heard the word in the streets that his cars soon would be ready but it wasnt that yet he saw by looking in the big glaswindow and there wasnt his car what he saw........He hopes that Shady can make a real good cup-holder for my coffee-mug as he promised and also anothe rthing came to him, he started to write  anote that he also wanted a heatplate so he could make some soup on and cook eggs and so on, small eating stuff coocked in a car would be something, he put the note under the door so long i nhe could so Shady when he has his business open could see his thoughts.

Report Post Tip

It was a dark cloudy night that Strider picked to break into the Automobile Emporium owned by Shady_Acres . He had hoped that executing Dewalt would persuade Shady into delivering the Alfa Romeo that was promised to him a month ago but that was not the case. Strider decided to step up his game, if Shady wanted him to escalate the situation then so be it.

He knew that guards were posted at the main entrance, so he climbed over the wall on the far side, away from the line of sight of the guards. He waited for the moon to hide behind the clouds before sprinting towards the main showroom. Picking the lock was easy for someone like him, and once he was inside he scanned the showroom for his target. He had a gleam in his eyes when he saw the white Rolls Royce Phantom. Perfect he thought. 

After releasing the emergency brakes , he pushed the vehicle out of the showroom and into the open ground in front of the building. The guards were unaware of his presence so he made his way into the storage shed where he found some jerry cans. They still had some gasoline left in it for Shady had not used the entire can while burning down the bakery, big mistake. He carried the cans over to the Phantom and doused it in the flammable liquid. That was not all, he then poured the gasoline in a terrifying spiral shape around the vehicle and he stepped back. Pulling a matchbook out of his pocket he muttered "Nobody fucks with me" and then he threw a lit matchstick onto the fuel soaked earth.

The flames raced along the ground and engulfed the Rolls Royce as he made a quick escape. The guards were too late to arrive, the raging fire burned the vehicle as well as the ground around it leaving behind the ominous symbol.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Shady's automobile emporium
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL