Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 21:26:43
Page:  1 
Are We Too Quick To Shoot? Started by: Giacomo_D_Amico on Feb 21, '19 03:27

Jackie made sure to wear a suit when he stepped out into the streets this day, the reason behind it being, every time he had seen someone stand there and say anything reasonably important, they were usually well dressed. He didn't feel like wearing a tie so he went with a plain white dress shirt, with the collar unbuttoned to go along with his black suit. Usually he wasn't one to pay much attention to the conversations in the streets, much less start one, but since there had been people in certain circles asking for them to return he decided to try to throw his hat in the ring. What's the worst that could happen he make a fool of himself? 

He had his brother standing beside him and it wasn't just to catch him if he fell off his soap box, nor was it to intercept any fruit, vegetables, or any other flying objects that may come flying his way, but if he was to say or look a fool then he would not go down alone. That was his comforting thought. As he was now standing on top of a crate and a lot taller than the other passerby's on the street, he was beginning to gain the attention that he was looking for. With that he cleared his throat and begun to address the mini crowd gathering in front of him. 

"Greetings and salutations, fellow mobsters, gangsters, business people, cooks and chefs, and whatever else the rest of you may be. I'm Giacomo D'Amico or Jack, whichever you prefer, a lowly plumber working at the Bates motel in Seattle, a place you really shouldn't visit unless you're desperate, like really REALLY desperate. But anyway getting serious, I'm not one to usually stand up on high places and talk without fully using my Brooklyn accent but today is a bit different. There has been out cry from some circles about the lack of topics to discuss among us street walkers, and I use that term in a positive manner, not the negative one. So I came out here to attempt to start one myself. Also if you're really eager to throw your opinion out there or discuss something then I would always recommend starting up a discussion yourself, but there is also a kick ass new paper here in Seattle called 'The Seattle Star' that you can read and will also begin to offer portions where the readers can send in their opinions and discuss about the topics written there. 

And now that my cheap plug is done, let me get to the topic of my own discussion today. A question for all you guys, girls, animals, and others, and that question is are we too quick to shoot in our community here. It's not the only question I'm gonna be here to ask but it is the main one. What I wanna know out here today is are we as a community too quick to silence our critics literally instead of silencing them with words or even just ignoring them. Let me say this, I'm the first one to enjoy people airing out their dirty laundry, and I know a lot of people like some good ole fashioned drama, if we didn't then books, plays, and other shows wouldn't be so popular. It's entertainment, and if you don't wanna admit it or feel like it's beneath you then that's okay, that's what I'm here for. 

With that being said, I also understand the need for discretion and secrecy on somethings. I know some things need to be private, but I don't believe that the person who receives the private information and takes it public to talk or ask about it should be shot, punished or anything of the sort. If anything what it means is, the person who's private business has just been released should be investigating and being more careful about the person who they tell. Another point is the fact that people should be allowed to call out, ask, and challenge those in authority without having to fear catching a bullet in their sleep or when their back is turned. 

Now I know what people are gonna say, As long as the person doing the calling out is respectful then it's okay right? But come on, while I know a new gangster shouldn't be going up to a leader of an organization and point out this, or call this out, but why not if it's a valid question. Also if it comes down to the fact that you as the leader or higher up just don't wanna answer the questions publicly or at all then you don't have to. But why should said person be killed or put on a private blacklist of some sort for asking their questions or calling and pointing out what they see as something being done wrong. A wise person once said a 'if you have no critics, then you're not doing something right.' 

And it's not like I don't come with examples. In history I've both read about and heard about people who brought out very well developed and in depth stories, valid and serious questions, and raised awareness to serious problems going on in the community at that time, only for them to unceremoniously gunned down for their efforts. There was a person not long ago who was shot for bringing attention to the fact that a couple of people who were calling out spam on the streets and business districts were in fact spamming themselves. The people in question happened to be two CL's who didn't like the fact that their own efforts had been turned against them and it wasn't long until the person who had done so was forced into retirement. This happens more often than not and I believe it has an effect on some of the things talked about and asked about in the streets, I also believe it has an effect on some of the discussions that happen here with the fear of death and punishment being there for the more controversial conversations and questions I wanna ask you fellow community members, do you believe that the trigger is pulled too quickly, or that the punishments are too severe for those who dare ask the more in depth question or call out the more controversial things or decisions made by leadership? Also is that or the fear of those things leading to more silence on the streets as far as discussions go?" Jackie asked. 

He then stepped off the makeshift soap box and saw the people taking in what he said and possibly thinking on it. He held his hand out to his brother and he handed him a bottle of water he had hidden in his pocket. Jackie drank the whole thing and took time to catch his breath, as he waited to see if anybody else would speak up with their own opinion. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $310,000 Tip

Clown has a reply for this story and yes shooting first is foolsh and could be a big mistake if your in the wrong..Clown tells Giacomo_D_Amico that more of us should be cautious always...but always double check on who you shoot could also; have it's conenquences so becarefull all  from the Clown to all members

Report Post Tip

This happens more often than not and I believe it has an effect on some of the things talked about and asked about in the streets, I also believe it has an effect on some of the discussions that happen here with the fear of death and punishment being there for the more controversial conversations and questions I wanna ask you fellow community members, do you believe that the trigger is pulled too quickly, or that the punishments are too severe for those who dare ask the more in depth question or call out the more controversial things or decisions made by leadership? Also is that or the fear of those things leading to more silence on the streets as far as discussions go?"

I've heard of times past where situations escalated into a quick death for those who have spoken up in public.  It does give pause to some who wish to speak up their own opinion, yet don't wanna die just for having an opinion put out there that opposes anyone of a higher rank.  Then there are some who just don't give a fuck anymore, and say what they want, when they want, to whom they want.  More times than not though, the quick deaths are given to those who hit a sore spot...coughs and thinks that it is actually the truth hits those 'sore spots' in people....  then things would be dished out with a label of 'disrespect' to have validation for the immediate upcoming shots through the air. 

I haven't really heard of any news in the newspapers to show any recent quick deaths due to opinions spoken.  From recent history and before my time on these shores, there have been a noticeable lack of diligence for some time in regards to proactive efforts, and reactive efforts have been substandard as well compared to the findings in journals from various bloodlines.  As far as the punishment goes for speaking out against people who hold a higher rank than the speaker, well it appears higher ranks can have thin skin if they are quick to use their trigger fingers.  It is amusing how rank is tossed out there when someone feels too threatened to handle the opinions of others, and instead of resolving things face to face, they hightail their ass to cry to another higher rank to do something about it all.  I do believe that instead of resolving issues, or hell even talking to people, rank is tossed out, deaths are called for, and then discussions seem to die quicker than the people who share their opinions.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

In our community the trigger fingers are real. More often then not people cannot tolerate honesty. We are so blindsided by it that people who don't know how to.deal with it pull the trigger. 

That is not to mention that if you don't fit into the box majority want, they shoot you.

It's extremely pathetic and does make the effort not worth it. Perhaps if we stopped sugar coating everything we could accept that people have a difference of opinion. Or at the very least a different train of thought then those of the group mentality.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Are We Too Quick To Shoot?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL