Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 19:45:33
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
Looking for a Fight Started by: Billy_Mastrosimone on Mar 06, '19 15:43

Integra bolted after Billy as they all headed back towards the car, she took the keys from him once they got there and jumped into the driver seat as she moved as quick as she could, knowing they were on a time limit. And she would be damned if she didn’t get her precious little sister like a friend to the fucking hospital in time. This was the worst nightmare for Integra, and she was shocked that she was even keeping herself together as well as she was. She had always hated losing people in her care, and after very recently failing to protect all of her men from England, she could not handle losing someone like Kenzi. There was just no way in hell.

So she got angry, and snappy and pushed her will into pushing her own self to her limits to do whatever was needed to make sure this woman lived. She was beating herself up as well, because dammit to hell if she hadn’t asked Kenzi to cover for her, she never would have gotten shot.

“Kenzi.. talk to us, dear…” She glanced up in the rearview mirror as she put the car into drive once everyone was in before driving as fast as she could make the car go to get to the hospital. She roughly remembered the streets of Philadelphia and how to get to different places, she couldn’t afford to fuck up now, not with Kenzi in danger.

“Billy, I need you to keep her fucking talking… can you fucking do that…”

She noticed that some cops with their sirens on were flying past them, probably heading out to that dogfighting ring… she wasn’t sure who had called such a thing in, but now wasn’t the time to worry about it. So she pushed the car as fast as she could, dodging other cars that were screaming at her with their horns. Faster. Faster. She couldn’t seem to go fast enough and she was stressed out about how Kenzi was doing, but she also couldn’t afford to be distracted when driving at the speeds that she was…

“How’s she doing Billy…”

It felt like a lifetime before the city streets were coming up, and Integra continued at what speeds she could, not caring to slow down until screeching the car to a halt before the Hospital, bolting from the car to open the back door for Billy.

“Get her in there now…”

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Billy jumped out and ran. He pushed through the emergency doors and the bright lights inside the hospital blinded him to a halt. He swiveled his head back and forth and there were a few gasps from patients waiting. But then, suddenly there was a woman in front on him pulling on Kenzi. He hadn't realized she was there.

"Let 'er down son, it's goin' ta be alrigh'. You'll see. Yer wife'll be just fine. Now tell me what happened dearie."

He thick accent came through as billy let Kenzi onto the gurney and they wheeled her inside. He looked around the room then. Kenzi was gone. Interga was just walking in now.

"My sister. Not my wife."

He pointed at Integra. She clearly had a clearer head for the moment.

"She can give you all the details. I'm paying for everything. She dies, and this whole fucking building goes with her."

He made his way outside and found a tree nearby. It was a sapling. It hadn't been planted more than perhaps a couple of years prior. Billy did not care. Everything that was in him came out just then. Every tear, every shred of anger at himself at Capello, at the rest of the Tambini, all of his hopelessness at being useless to protect them. Punch after punch he felt all of his emotions leaving his body, and when he was finished, well, they had planted a sapling there once, someone else could fix it.

After all was said and done Billy found himself alone outside.

"This is what you get Billy when you go looking for a fight."

Report Post Tip

Once Billy was out of the car, Integra moved it to an actual parking spot before heading up to the entrance of the Hospital, just in time for her to hear Billy direct a nurse to her for giving the details. God that wasn’t something that she didn’t feel like doing at the moment. But seeing as she was indeed the only one who seemed like they had their head on their shoulders, she went to fill out what information she needed to. She didn’t disclose how the girl had been shot, as she didn’t feel that was necessary at the moment, and something else could be done about that later.

Once she was done though, she headed outside and lit up one of her Cigars, glancing around for Billy before noticing him by a sapling. Taking a long pull from her Cigar, she sighed as she released the smoke into the air, slowly making her way over to her boss.
“…Smoke?” She offered him one of her cigars, not saying anything about his state, and looking straight ahead as she crouched down next to him. She knew the place he was in at the moment… it was a place that she was currently having an internal battle to try and keep herself from getting into. It wasn’t a great feeling to go into that place either, to all the guilt and the self-blame. She just hoped that she could maybe talk to him and help smooth things over.

"You wanna talk about it...?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Billy shook his head and flexed his fist.

"Already talked."

He motioned to the tree that was now hanging by a thread.

"No smoking for me. I gotta get looked at. Think my nose might be broken."

He turned and then stopped before walking back inside.

"Integra. You did amazing work tonight. You kept a cool calm head the entire time and took care of shit. There's a reason I asked you to do the job you do. Tonight reminded me of that. Now you should go to the hotel I'll take care of the rest of this. Tomorrow we will meet up with Don Luciano to debrief her on the situation. After that we will go home and discuss a few things. Namely, we need to be smarter about this from now on. The only people you and Kenzi should ever have to level a gun at again are people who have a gun to my head, or have already shot me."

He turned to face his right hand in earnest then.

"I never want either of you in this kind of danger again. That's an order."

With that he started back toward the hospital. His sister needed him tonight, sleep could wait.

Report Post Tip

Time passed, but Kenzi remained in a dark, visionless dreamstate. She could hear voices she didn't recognize, but none of their words made sense. Over and over, she tried to force her eyes open, but her body wouldn't comply with her brain's orders.

Where was Billy? Where was Joey? Where was she, for that matter? 

Out of nowhere, a warmth surrounded her. It felt like the sun had invaded whatever cold place she was in. Kenzi liked it, but the voices in the distance seemed to be flung into chaos. Somehow, though, she didn't care. The warmth was engulfing her, like a hug. The voices faded, but Kenzi didn't seem to care. 

"We're losing her!!" 

Three hours after their frantic arrival, an older looking doctor with a full head of white hair and gentle eyes approached Billy in the waiting room. 

"Sir? You're here with Kenzi Carver? I'm Doctor Stevens. I have good news for you.  Kenzi took a bullet between her ribs. The bullet cracked both ribs and nicked her lung before burying itself into a posterior rib. Despite all that, the worst of it was the amount of blood she lost. And I'll be honest with you, she almost didn't make it onto the table; but your sister is a hell of a fighter. We got the bullet, and she's stable. We need to monitor her to make sure her lung reinflates and she doesn't develop pneumonia, but past that she'll just be weak and a little sore for a while. She's in a private room now, if you'd like to come with me."

Dr. Stevens led Billy down a corridor and made a sharp left. One patient room was on that hallway. Two nurses were exiting as they approached. In the room, Kenzi lay on the bed, looking to be simply asleep aside from the oxygen mask over her nose and mouth. The doctor touched her shoulder. 

"Kenzi, you can wake up now, honey."

He gave Billy a reassuring nod. 

"Make yourself comfortable. We'll be here if you need anything."

Billy nodded and closed the door behind the doctor. He sat down in the chair next to the bed and reached out to take Kenzi's hand.

She had such small hands. She was so little, so pale and so fragile.

"Hey there K. I don't want you to be sad and hurt right now, so if you gotta sleep, you gotta sleep. Doc says your lung gotta fix itself and then they just wanna make sure you're not sick before they let you go."

He kissed her hand as gently as he could manage.

"I'm never gonna be ok with what happened tonight. I'm not gonna be stupid no more kid. I already told Integra that we are done with this stuff. No more fighting. We got guys who have to go in our place now. You're too important to me."

He sighed as he pulled the chair closer to the bed. He slipped his shoes off and slid his feet onto the end of the bed so that they were laying next to each other. Billy was gonna be the first person Joey saw if he could come. Short of that, Billy was gonna be the first person Kenzi saw when she woke up.

Report Post Tip

Sitting atop of the bedded counter - looking at three nurses crowd him with wires and needles, with bloodied clothing and bandages filtering through into clean and aseptic overalls, it gives Chocco to reflect;

"My knife knows where he wants to go," Chocco pauses as he cracks his back and pops back in his shoulder, "Where and what now, i'm thirsty!" Blurting out, as he waddles two steps to the left and bends down to pick up his knife, as a shock of pain interrupts him as he kneels down. Seeing an extended hand @Lady-Integra - he takes it with his good hand, as they rush out of the area, kicking one of the lifeless bodies on the floor as he leaves. 

When all is calm - A single thud is heard next to Chocco, with the drop of @Kenzi, Chocco extends his hands but she was already on the floor - laughing inappropriate, still filled with adrenaline - he supported Kenzi into the back seat - as blood starts to pour into the leather linings from both him and her. 

The first stitch enters into the wound as he snaps back, as he pushes the nurse who did it - chaos ensued as crazy talk comes out of chocco, trying to grab his knife. Three small but built women restrain him as his wound on his thigh opens up even more - with a well placed needle from the head nurse, he was out. 

Two hours later, after the stitching was a success - Chocco woke up in hospital overalls and his arms tied with 4 different knots - he hazelly begins to shout but weak, bruised and in pain - gives up and closes his eyes.

Integra finished her cigar, putting it out on the sidewalk under her foot as she took a moment to collect herself after Billy headed back inside, thibking on his words. The building felt cool behind her as she tilted her head back and took a deep breath, closing her eyes as things from her past flared to the front.

She hated to think she almost had a talk with Billy about getting used to people close to you dying... Kenzi was tough and would pull through this, she just knew the girl would. Now it was time to pull herself back into the stoic person she was, push away her own struggles and be who she needed to be for everyone.

Running a hand through her hair as she realized she didnt have her coat... and then remember it was a trivial thing and how Kenzi had needed it more in the moment.  She walked back through the doors of the hospital before attempting to find Billy, Kenzi and Choco. 

She had it in her mind to check on Billy, howver hearing some nurses gossip about someone who was restrained after trying to grab a knife, she couldnt help but sigh softly.

"Excuse me, ladies.. could you take me to the room, said man is in?" The nurses looked at her like she was crazy before one of them relented after Integra asked if said person had an injury on their thigh and confirming it was her associate. The lady seemed to think she was absolutely insane, but Tegs was not going to leave the poor man here. 

After peeking into the room she looked at the nurse. "If i take responsibility for him, can you release him." There was hesitation and some paper work, along with footing of a bill, but Integra finally seemed to get them to allow her into the room. He was on a cot and looked to be tied up, and judging by the guard outside they didnt trust him..

She gently put her hand on his shoulder and shook him gently. "Choco... hey, buddy... you ready to get out of here??"

She knew she'd have to let Billy know, but she figured one of her guards could do that for her, Jason was good at those things. Besides, Billy had told her to go back to the Hotel... after hearing what Choco went through, she figured he'd rather be at the hotel room than here...

Sometime before dawn, Kenzi woke up. Her consciousness was foggy, and waking felt like walking waist-deep in mud with ankle weights. She felt air softly blowing into her nose, and noticed that taking a breath was sore. 

Blinking a few times, she opened her eyes to unfamiliar surroundings. To one side, she saw a tall poll with a glass bottle and tube attached to it that ran down to her arm. To the other side, she found Billy; in a chair looking as if he'd been through the mill. That's when the memories of the previous night started to come back. She remembered the shoot out in the barn where the men were testing out dogs. Only vaguely did she remember running out to the field to find Billy. Everything else was spotty, like a dream that started to fade as soon as you wake up. Given the surroundings, Kenzi realized that she must have taken a hit.

Reaching up, she pulled away the mask on her nose and mouth.

"Billy?"

Her voice was rough, and she had to clear her throat to get any sound out. She reached over and laid a hand on his arm and gave it a squeeze, which was resting on the bed beside her.

"Hey...you..."

Billy jumped, quite literally, out of his chair. He would have been asleep had he not been quite literally forcing himself to stay awake. He touched Kenzi on her arm with the most gentle squeeze he could muster.

"Hey kid. How ya feelin? You need anything? A nurse or somethin?"

He didn't want to disturb or hurt her in her fragile state. He knew she was still gonna be in lots of pain and trying to heal up, but all Billy wanted to do just then was squeeze her and tell her he was sorry.

"Kenzi. I'm so sorry. I never thought this was gonna go bad for any of us. I already told Integra, we are a crew now. I am supposed to be a Don now. We aren't gonna get involved in any of this kind of crap anymore. It's gotta be beneath us or else one of us is going to die one day and I'm not gonna be able to handle that."

He squeezed her hand again. He wasn't sure he was ever going to stop being sorry, but he knew damned well he was serious about everything he said.

Kenzi was awake enough to be aware of pain. Sure, her ribs were pretty sore, and her lungs felt as if they were being spit roasted; but nothing in her body hurt half as much as seeing the pain on Billy's face as he started apologizing to her. He looked as if his whole world had crashed over his head. Squinting slightly, Kenzi whispered.

"Hey...slow down. Is everyone else ok?"

Billy nodded and opened his mouth to speak again, but Kenzi stopped him. She took a careful breath in and out, then pointed to the chair he'd been sitting in.

"Sit your ass down and relax, huh?"

She couldn't help but smile a little, though not daring to laugh. When he sat again, Kenzi took her big brother's hand.

"We made it. We did the job, right? That's a good thing. Man, you should have seen the guy I took out right before...well...it was pretty gruesome. I was aiming for his chest, but I hit him in the head." 

For looking as rough as she did, Kenzi's eyes sparkled a little, a hint of pride in her expression.

"This is what they call earning your stripes, right? I got my first big hit."

She paused and peered at him, her grin not fading.

"And your nose looks funny."

Report Post Tip

With one eye open, he hears the door to his room open - as he quickly shuts his eyes. With a soft voice all he hears is a womans voice - not really in the right mind, doesn't tell it's Integra's. He attempts to use his body full throttle to sit upwards but just before he headbutts and use the only weapon he has (his teeth), he smiles with a grated grin, as his eyes are bloot shot and the pain from getting up so quickly made him slam back down.

in heavy breathes, "Yeah... that... sounds... good," As he turns to his backside waiting for Integra to undue the well crafted knots, "So, when... are we ...doing that... again?" Ending with a unseen grin

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Looking for a Fight
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL