Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 09:25:45
Page:  1 
Us Against The World Started by: Lady-Integra on Mar 13, '19 01:39

Time: Morning

Date: Late August (Day of Guess We Will Do It Ourselves)

She hadn’t enjoyed the task at hand, much less so because it was the work of cleaning up the mess that had killed Kenzi. Sweet, lovable Kenzi who was like a sister to her, family. God, how much family had she lost in such a short amount of time… could she even bear the thought of losing any more of them? No. That was clear as a bell in the jumbled mess that was her mind. She was like a ticking time bomb and no one really knew how to handle being around her, not even her most trusted bodyguard, Aaron. He had seen and heard everything she’d been through and not even he could help her. No, there was only one person who could probably do that… make that two. One was currently at the hospital getting his wounds stitched professionally because she’d been drunk trying to put them in last time, and they hadn’t held up well. God, she’d give anything to have this person back and alive with them.

It’d taken some time, but everything was settled and Integra felt as if she had nothing more to give, she was so emotionally drained and physically exhausted that by the time they got back to the car, she gave one look to Aaron and Martin before nodding, they knew where to take her. She would grab whatever sleep she could on the ride there, though sleep didn’t come easily and tears were silently creeping from the corners of her eyes, there was still one job left to do. Paulie.

It didn’t take too long to head out to the deserted farm area where Paulie was being held. It was then that all of the anger, all of the hatred and the blame was coming back as she sat up, drying her face before getting out of the car. She had an emotionless look on her face as she strode towards the doors that led underground. She could barely hear the muffled screams that were coming up as Martin went ahead of her to open the double doors. Aaron was by her side, keeping an ever watchful eye out for anything or anyone.

Once she got into the basement she glared at the man tied to the chair. She cracked her knuckles as she descended into the dimly lit room, socking the man in the face with her right fist once more, watching his head rock to the left, blood dripping from his mouth as he spits some blood and a few teeth down onto the ground. In the following hour or so Integra did things to Paulie that were more painful than anyone deserved, but in her mind at this moment in time, he deserved everything he was getting, Cigar burns, stabbed with a red hot poker, stabbed, fingers were broken, fingerprints burnt off, nails ripped off. The man had even stopped screaming at one point because he was passed out from the pain. This annoyed Integra, she doused him in freezing cold water so he was shocked back awake.

Blood covered her shirt and sleeves, her face void of all emotion as she went about this because there was really nothing left to give once all of the anger was gone. She turned from the whimpering, bloodied man as she crouched by a large furnace, one that seemed large enough to fit a body into. She had piled wood into the bottom as she turned to Aaron and Martin, nodding and motioning for the boys to do as she silently asked. They picked up Paulie as he struggled and cried out. “No… No… NO!NO! DON’T Do this!! Please!!! I’m Sorry!”

Once he was locked inside of the furnace, a fuming Integra moved closer to him as she poured some gasoline into the bottom opening of the furnace so the flames would be instant. “Oh… NOW you are Sorry? Were you sorry when you fucked up and stole the wrong car? Were you sorry when you went to the fucking Cops! Or were you sorry when you fucking Killed HER!”

She stared at the man as she lit a match, watching him slam against the furnace that she knew wouldn’t open no matter how much he tried to escape. With a single strike, his sentence was dealt as the match was tossed towards the bottom of the furnace, instantly bursting up in flames as the man inside screamed. Integra watched in silence and partially because she felt like this was owed to Kenzi. To have the man that killed her and started everything that seemed to have broken their family… was now coming to an end. “I hope you suffer… as you have made us suffer… you piece of shit.”

She turned from the furnace as she headed outside, having her men shut the doors again to help muffle the screaming. She moved to a side of the building, lighting one of her Cigars as she leaned against the cool stones, taking a long pull before shakingly blowing out the smoke. Tears once more falling from her eyes as Aaron stood with his back to her, knowing she wanted… no needed, the privacy. Integra had always been cast as the strong one. The one who never broke down, but all it had taken was the body of a once bubble golden-haired woman to crumble that strong exterior. Revealing to the world just how weak she felt, how week she probably was.

After a couple of hours, Integra headed back into the basement, not caring at the horrid smell of what once was burning flesh. She knew Paulie had been wearing a type of ring that should help identify what was done, especially with the burn marks that were currently on it. Making sure nothing else would be noticeable, Integra had Jason destroy the rest of the evidence before the group started heading home in Silence. By the time they returned it was about noon. Integra wasn’t even sure if Billy was going to be home in the apartment… but she couldn’t think of where else to go.

Once at the door, she seemed to hesitate, Kenzi would never walk through these doors again… and she couldn’t help but feel the pain well up in her chest as she tried to shove it back down. She pushed into the apartment, leaving her guards outside as she went looking for the fullest bottle of whiskey or scotch she could find, grabbing it and then immediately starting to try and find Billy, she had something for him.

"Billy? You here?"

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Billy had not been sleeping anywhere near long enough, and he woke with a start. A woman's voice? Was his sister home already?

"Tegs?"

He looked to the window. It was bright outside. Near the middle of the day kind of bright.

"What time is it? Can you come in here, I don't wanna get out of bed."

He shifted to one side of the bed and smoothed the covers on the other side so that when she came in she could sit with him. He had never taken to having people in bed with him before. He always let Kenzi have the whole bed to herself if she slept here. Now there was no needs. Tegs had her bed, and he had his. But there was no way he was getting up today. Or probably tomorrow. He might force himself the day after, but that was yet to be seen.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Integra opened the whiskey as she took a swig from it, leaving the cap for it on the counter, there was no plan on letting any of the liquor remain inside this bottle, not after the day that's been had. As she got closer to Billy's room, she walked in, kicked off her shoes before walking to his nightstand, pulling out Paulie's burnt ring and placing it on the end table. Heading towards the other side of the bed so she could take a seat, feeling the exhaustion hit her like a ton of bricks.

"It's about one in the afternoon. Bed doesn't sound like a bad idea though..." She offered him the bottle in her hand as she just quietly glanced at him. "Want some?"

Report Post Tip

Billy shook his head.

"Doc told me to not drink today in case I start bleeding again. Plus, I got a headache anyway. I could use a hug though."

He draped one arm around Integra and pulled her in close.

"I don't know about you, but I feel like I could sleep for days. Except that you really need to shower and get out of the bloody clothes you have on. And no, I'm not trying to make fun of your accent, you have blood on your sleeves. Either take your shirt off and sleep here, or go take a shower and come back."

He laid his head on top of hers and tapped the side of the bottle she held.

"None of this in the shower though. Can't have you slipping and falling."

Report Post Tip

Integra simply nodded when Billy mentioned that he should drink in case he started to bleed again. She glanced at where the stitches were and seemed to think for a moment before feeling him pull her in for a hug. He was much taller than her, so she seemed to be able to fit right in the crook under his arm, so she slipped her arm around and gave him a hug from the side, not ever having been good at something like this. She didn't know how to comfort people very well, but she did try her best with Billy... seeing as he was indeed the only family she had left.

"I'll go change... I almost forgot about that... he won't be found anymore..." She spoke quietly before moving to the side of the bed to get up, moving to his closet to burrow on of his shirt as she exchanged her bloody shit for one of his larger shirts, setting down the alcohol on the side of the bed before sitting back on the bed. "I'll take a shower tomorrow..." 

She wasn't a very tall person, but she did go back in for that hug he had mentioned earlier as she thought for a bit. "It's not your fault you know... which is hypocritical I guess... since I've been blaming myself too..." She got quiet for a few moments, rubbing something off of her face as she thought on Kenzi... and everything that would be affected. "You're going to start being more careful... right?"

Billy nodded.

"More than I ever have been in my life. It's time to grow up and start using my brain."

He squeezed her and then shifted so that she could share in some of the warmth of being under the blankets.

"I was thinking. We could use a doctor, and I met a real nice one today. We should see how much she likes money."

He laid down in earnest again to sleep once more.

"You need to sleep too, no more drinking, we can do that together later."

Report Post Tip

She was grateful for the small squeeze he'd given her, as well as the fact that Billy mentioned he would start being more careful than ever before. She seemed to think on that before speaking up, knowing it would make her feel better if she did this.

"Why don't you keep my guy Lyle with you? I'd feel a bit better if someone I know was around to help keep an eye on you." She glanced at him as she shared in some of the warmth under the blankets, taking some comfort in that that at least Billy was here, injured but her brother was here and alive. So long as she didn't lose him, she felt they could get through this.

Hearing him talk about a doctor, Integra looked like she was thinking things over for some time before nodding solemnly. "I think we could use a doctor... I don't do the best stitches... and god knows in this....line of work... we could use someone like that."

She couldn't help but scoff slightly as she laid back, draping an arm over her eyes, having set her glasses on the nightstand, growing quiet for a few minutes. "Sleep would be nice... if it meant just going into a void and not feeling anything until I was rested..." She honestly wasn't sure how she would get much sleep, she honestly doubted it... and the first thought that alcohol would help. Yet, wasn't that what got her into the position she was in? She'd been partially drunk when Billy had gotten back early this morning, barely able to sew him up properly, and barely had been able to tell her sister she'd loved her... something which was starting to hit her on what her last words were to Kenzi.

Report Post Tip

Billy shook his head ever so slightly.

"I got my guys. I got Charlie and Ricky and I decided to give Marie a promotion and she is gonna be my runner so I always got two guys on me. I'll take Lyle on too, but he's gonna be a doorman mostly then. Apartment door. Office door. Bathroom door. Table at the front of the restaurant, that sort of guy. I don't..."

A wide-mouthed yawn took over his powers of speech then and he let it subside before he continued.

"I don't know if he is gonna be alright with that sort of work. I would get bored if I were him."

Billy never even bothered to open his eyes for this conversation. Instead he just lay there, next to his sister, half asleep, and half cuddling with one arm.

Integra simply listened to Billy's voice, taking in what he was saying and trying to use that to lull herself to sleep. They were both safe, and between the guards stationed around Billy's home, nothing would disrupt their cocoon of peace for the moment. She couldn't deny that she didn't feel like doing anything either. Hell after completely destroying Paulie, she'd felt a void. And with the coming silence of the room, she allowed herself to slip into said void.

She didn't know if it could be considered sleep, but it was something as she half cuddled her brother and stilled in the warmed of the blanket. Nothing really needed to be said between either of them as they both knew how the other felt. They still had each other though and even if it was just going to be them against the world, at least they weren't doing it alone.

Integra wasn't quite sure what time it was, but at some point, she found herself conscious of the world around her again, still with no drive to leave the spot she was laying in, If she could stay here for roughly another day, that would be fine, of course food would need to be eaten... simply because she knew starving oneself would only get a scolding...

Report Post Tip

Billy stirred when he felt Integra move in the bed. He had been sleeping the entire day. He was no longer tired. He was, starving. He sat up slowly and pivoted on the bed, putting on slippers and a robe before making his way to the kitchen.

He decided that French Toast with bananas was going to be breakfast at...

"Eight fucking thirty at night huh?"

He watched as a head poked it's way into the kitchen. He nodded toward Charlie.

"You guys eat yet?"

Charlie nodded back.

"Ok, then keep quiet, I wanna let Integra sleep some more, I'm making breakfast in bed."

He showed off the biggest grin he had in his arsenal then and got to work.

Integra continued to lay in the bed for a bit longer before she caught the scent of food, causing her to wake up a bit more. Staring up at the ceiling for a moment or two before moving to sit up, running a hand through her hair as she took in everything that happened yesterday and started trying to come to terms with. Billy was safe and still here, she could do this... she thought. She glanced at the alcohol that was still sitting open on the side table, thinking to herself how she should probably put it away. 

She'd grabbed it last night without really thinking... but in all honesty, she wasn't sure she could stomach it yet. That and she worried that should she start, she'd drink until all the bad memories were gone... and that would take quite a lot of alcohol. She wanted to put that off if she could help it, especially since there was no telling what it would cause.

Smelling the food, she closed her eyes for a moment before wondering to herself. "What smells so good?" She noticed that Billy was not in the room anymore, and wondered if he had gotten any sleep.

Report Post Tip

Billy had fixed two plates of French toast with eggs, he still have orange juice in the icebox too. It wasn't fancy, but what girl didn't like breakfast in bed?

He made his way back into the bedroom and put one of the plates on the nightstand next to Integra.

"Morning Tegs. I mean, it's closer to bedtime again, but I though we could us a pick me up."

He slipped into the blankets that he had just vacated a few minutes ago and began to eat.

"I'll probably go back to sleep after this though, so don't get used to me cookin for you."

Report Post Tip

Integra heard the sound of someone walking back towards the room, reaching over to put on her glasses before glancing over to see her Brother come walking through the bedroom door with what smelled like breakfast. She offered him a small smile as she happily took the plate of food, sitting up a bit more and crossing her legs in an 'Indian' style as heard her stomach give a bit of a growl at the thought of food. Which seemed like the appropriate response to not having eaten the entire day. The sleep hadn't gone over too great, but it was better than nothing, not to mention knowing that Paulie was no longer walking this earth made her feel quite a bit better.

"Morning Billy. A pick me up smells good..." There was a comfortable silence as they both ate, and Integra smiled a bit more as she heard him mention that she shouldn't get used to him cooking for her. With a somewhat crooked grin, she swallowed the food before shaking her head.  "Guess it'll be take-out then... I sure as fuck can't cook... I only burn things..."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Us Against The World
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL