Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 00:47:37
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Is avoiding facebook rude? Started by: SaintJimmy on Mar 11, '19 17:35

I myself cant see why I ever want to go on facebook, after what I hear its not a thing I need in my life it will only take time away from me with all the so called friens and the likes.

I realy like to see the person that got 500 to 1000 friends :)

or was it just peoples you know who are and you never talk too 

Report Post Tip

I mostly use FB for keeping up with old MR friends at this point. 

Report Post Tip

How would it be rude?  I find facebook annoying and rarely use it.  I tend to ignore most social media, I have no use for it. 

Report Post Tip
Maybe just tell them the other places you can be reached at so you don’t have to deal with it anymore or delete facebook
Report Post Tip

i also hardly open my facebook nowadays and so do many of my friends.  So I dont think it is rude.

Report Post Tip
I'm much like Constance. I use it for keeping in touch with relatives and various friends. I avoided having a Facebook for many years and only really started to use it last year.
Report Post Tip

I have 5,000 friends on Facebook, but I only know or have actually met/spoke with about 500 of them. Being a entertainer I have no choice but to stay in touch with those who support me. If you have a Facebook just for fun I think avoiding it is not a bad idea, Facebook can be toxic.

Report Post Tip

Definitely not!  I think limiting your time on social media is a key to healthy living.

Report Post Tip

I definitely don't feel that avoiding FB is rude and very rarely use it these days, although I am pretty antisocial at times so ... ;)

Report Post Tip

I avoid it all the time, so much commercials and random spam on there now a days.

Report Post Tip

I joined FaceBook for all of a week or so then decided to deactivate it as I found it to invasive.  I haven't been back since and don't miss it.

Report Post Tip

I've got one, i know about all the "invasion of privacy" stuff surrounding it.. but honestly.. everything thats on a phone or PC tracks your data somehow.. been that way forever

Report Post Tip
I haven't been on Facebook for over 10 years. I dont even miss it.
Report Post Tip

I use facebook these days purely for professional reasons. I wish I didn't have to so I could cut the umbilical. 

Report Post Tip
Run away from it and never look back!
Report Post Tip

Make sure you do not spend too much time on social media!

Report Post Tip

I don’t avoid it but I don’t use it often. I have 70 or 80 people on it and I know each every one of them, would go out for a drink or meal with each of them and it’s an easy way of staying in contact. 

Report Post Tip
No, it's not rude. Social media is different for everyone and you're under no obligation to use it.
Report Post Tip

I've removed myself from facebook when they had their last breach of information in 2018. I've never looked back. One thing however I did and was the only reason why I kept Facebook for so long was the Birthdays of my friends. Now I just added it to my google calendar and bam problem solved.

Anyways, Its not rude to avoid Facebook!

Report Post Tip

Personally I don't think it's rude at all. In my personal opinion I think more and more people have moved away from Facebook. I know for sure my FB messenger is now almost redundant. So I don't think its rude. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Is avoiding facebook rude?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL