Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:29:21
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Mugging WS Started by: Airbourne on Jan 31, '08 17:18
May be a stupid question, but I just got a Mugging witness statement, I thought that if you got mugged, you got a personal about it.

Is this new or am I just being stupid?
Report Post Tip
Yeh you do get a personal,

Jan 31, '08 13:32 ********* took $XXXX from you.

like that, and you know.

But stealth attacks can happen, but the Mugger does not know whether the attack was stealth or not.

ANd the person who was mugged just gets a personal saying they were stealth Mugged and they took $X.
Report Post Tip
Ah right, thanks. I assume a WS is sent out even if its not a stealth mug.
Report Post Tip
Ive been playing so long.. that my brain still has not realized its a mug statement and everytime I get one.. I think they are dead / check the obits/ check their profile etc ;)
Report Post Tip
So did I Frank.

You can imagine my reaction when I saw the victim was a1capon3.

"..."
Report Post Tip
i hate muggers because its just taking hard earned money from someone who has earned it
Report Post Tip
You mean hard earned like...they just took it from a purse they got from an old lady? Or from robbing that 7-11 round the corner? Or selling drugs?
Report Post Tip
To be honest, a mugger who takes your money is just showing balls. They're at risk of death if you're family affiliated, as pretty much everyone is. So really, they are earning their money just as you were.
Report Post Tip
I think that the families need to figure out a different punishment other than death to combat the muggers. I mean it is a part of the game after all and are we not all thieves.
Report Post Tip
As far as the RP element goes, death is quite expectable for an unprovoked attack on a family member. However I do think that the mugging feature is underused and there should be some way of making it safer to mug people.
Report Post Tip
They mentioned altering mugging a little while ago increasing the victims flight time and what not but I don't think it ever came into effect
Report Post Tip
The irony of the mugging feature is that we can't mug Civilians or Thugs. If you want to talk about realism, THEY are who we should be mugging. Mobsters don't mug each other. A member of one family stealing from a member of another family would result in some bodybags being filled.

The mugging feature should be used to steal from innocent civilians and unaffiliated street thugs. That is who criminals prey on, not those who are associated with a mob family. Of course, someone will say "that's not fair", because they can't mug back, and we all know that the world of crime is based on fairness.
Report Post Tip
Well whatever they do I think mugging definitely needs to be changed right now it's useless aside from being just a game within families or a death sentence for some foolish gangster
Report Post Tip
Yeh but who actually wants to Mug a Civilian? Yeh it might be more realistic, but i know id rather Mug a Consiegliere than a thug, a bit more prestigous, and more of an achievement.

Besides is Mugging not a way of making money? And what money do civilians have? none. So i would not bother to Mug one even if we could. However i dont see why they should be protected from Mugging, i can understand why we cant Wack them, but Mugging should be a part of the game which everyone has to deal with.

I also think that we should have the option to carry out a Normal Mugging or a Stealth Mug, instead of it being random. Sometimes, you just dont want people to know, and then you never do know when you have commited a stealth Mug. I think this should be changed and would much improve Mugging and bring it back into the game, it is hardly used. Apart from between families, who then pay back the cash, which is pointless apart from training purposes.
Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: Mugging WS
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL