Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 11:49:47
Page:  1 
Chicago Beatdown:Boxing Tournament Started by: Vincent-Valentine on Apr 07, '19 01:14

Vincent Valentine had been very busy in the city of Chicago building his South Side crew, and decided he needed to take a break and relieve some stress. Then he thought to himself, what better way to get the edge off than watching 2 people beat the crap out of each other and not just two random guys on the street, he thought let’s get some of the most respectable faces from across the country and beat the crap out of them. Then it hit him The Chicago Beatdown, so he had a few of his guys go to his private stash and pull 8.5 million dollars from it, plus the cost of running and managing the event. Then got flyers printed up

The Chicago Beatdown

entry: $100,000

Prizes:

1st place: $5,000,000

2nd place: $2,500,000

3rd place: $1,000,000

1634 Washburn Ave

South Side, Chicago

For entry in this event contact Vincent Valentine, and send in the buy in fee. The fights will be a bracket system double elimination, fights begin on Friday April 19th, time TBD. 

Vincent then has his men run these flyers to all corners of the nation to pull fighters from everywhere.

Report Post Tips: 8 / Total: $240,000 Tip

Kenneth was taking some fresh air on the streets, smoking a cigarette and walking towards his bar when a young man approached him, slowly. He looked up at Kenny and fearfully handed him the flyer, Kenny raised an eyebrow and grabbed it, he took a second to read the flyer, it was about that boxing tournament Vincent was talking about the other day, Kenny smiled at the young man and nodded his head.

"Thanks, lad. I'll make sure to sign up right away." The young man shook his head then walked away to keep delivering the flyers all around Chicago, Kenny took a long drag out of his cigarette, puffed the smoke out of his lungs and placed the cigarette on his lips, he started walking towards the address that was put on the flyer.

Upon arriving, Kenny extinguished his cigarette and threw it on the floor, he opened the door and entered, slowly walking towards Vincent-Valentine. He pulled an envelope out of his coat and placed on the table where Vincent was sitting.

"Sign me up for the fights brother, can't wait to get my ass kicked!" Kenny laughed then nodded his head, sliding the envelope closer to Vincent, he turned then walked away, back to his HQ.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After Diva_ has seen so many flyers being passed around she walks on over to the young gentleman passing out flyers and it was for a boxint tournament.She figures why not and heads on towards Vincent-Valentine's office to register for the event.Once she got there she walks into his office with a smile on her face with the entry fee in hand..

"Hello Vincent i would like to enter the boxing tournament that you are hosting i have the entry fee on hand as well as."As she hands the money to him..

Report Post Tip

Vincent sitting at his desk noticed two fellow Chicago monsters walk in with envelopes. He listens to both of the then stands to shake their hands, smiles and says. “Glad to see Chicago will be properly represented in this tournament good luck and hopefully home field advantage helps!”

Report Post Tip
**Ammendment to tournament, will be single elimination not double elimination ****
Report Post Tip

Tutte comes in and nods to all of his family in here, this really was a family-gathring right now, awsome.

"What a splendid idea Vincent, really looking forward to this and wil lsurtenly be in and have fin boxing a bit with others"

Report Post Tip

Johnny had just stepped out of his hotel to go about his daily business when a kid runs by bumping into him. Papers went flying all across the sidewalk. "What the hell kid wheres the fire huh?" Johnny says as he stands up. "Sor...sorry sir" the kid mutters as he scrambles to gather the flyers. Johnny takes one and reads it over. "Hey this I'll keep" he says as he hands a stack back to the kid.

Johnny arrives at the address listed on the flyer. As he walks in he looks around seeing Vincent. "Hello sir I'm looking to enter this" he holds up the flyer and an envelope with the entrance fee.

Report Post Tip

Vincent listens to Tutte then laughs, “ Yeah man seems like all of South Side wants to fight man! If you wanna sign up Tutte let me know I’ll get your name on the list.”

Vincent then sees Johnny Ray walk in, listens collects the envelope. “Alright sir I look for to seeing you on fight night hopefully you make it far! Glad to see other cities getting involved!”

Being a seasoned boxing veteran in a previous competition Heston decides to enter he takes a flyer into the gym and hands over his entrance fee he may be an old man now but he still thinks he has it

Having picked up a new pair of gloves he takes an hour to workout with a punchbag thinking of some witty one liners
Report Post Tip

Word got around to Tommy that there was a boxing tournament going on. He hopped on the first train to Chicago to sign up. Ever since he was a kid, he always loved fighting. He was angry kid angry at the world so he fought at the orphanage, in school, the streets, and in prison. One of the priests at the orphanage taught him how to box, the priest knew that it was a tough world out there for these kids and that it wouldn't hurt for them to learn how to defend themselves.

Whenever Tommy had to raise his fists, he'd smile. He loved giving out pain and in a weird strange way he enjoyed receiving pain too. He loved the dance of boxing and fighting in general. In a different life he might have become a famous boxer fighting for big money. But he had made his choices long ago.

Tommy took a cab to the address on the flyer. He enters the building and locates Vincent.

"Sign me the fuck up. I got the entrance fee right here."

Tommy drops a duffel bag full of money.

Report Post Tip

Pete was walking the neighborhood with a couple of his closest body guards as he does every morning. He always makes sure to stay close to the place his family has lived since before time itself. This place is just in his blood and he cant help thinking about how he could get Chicago revitalized into a place where everyone across this country would want to visit here and of course spend their money here. 

He recently gathered the leaders of Chicago to discuss how we can accomplish such a large task. Sure, Pete was able to secure the takeover over of the weekly poker games away from DizzyDreamOfCheese but he wanted more. More of a name for Chicago, more entertainment for the people, and more money. The meeting went great ant many ideas were thrown around and discussed and studied over to see what would could do.

As he is walking and thinking about his town he sees a flyer tacked to a pole and goes to check it out. 

This is what I'm talking about!!!  Fuckin Vincent-Valentine gets it. This is what I am looking for in this city. A night on the town, good food, and entertainment. Now the questions is can we get some brave young guys to try to win the top prize. I am sure there will be plenty of contenders and plenty of people coming to watch the fights and maybe bet on some of the events.

Pete reaches in his pocket , grabs 500k and hands it to his body guard

You take this and put into an envelope and go give it to Vincent-Valentine.  tell him to do with as he feels best for this event. Make sure we get ringside seats too.

Vincent smiled was very happy about the turnout of his event, he quickly signed Heston and Tommy-Capellini up in their spots. Then saw Don Pete’s man come in with the briefcase, he was very happy to receive the money.

”You tell Don Pete thank you this will help me cover the prize money!”

Report Post Tip

Oscar had heard of the official boxing match going on soon through communications on the streets from a corner boy of his. It had definitely piqued his interest. After he had listened to who was joining in he figured he'd give it a shot. As he walked in to the streets where people were announcing their candidacy he knew he DEFINITELY had to join.

"Mr Valentine. Oscar Cañellas.  Nice to meet you. After hearing ever so much about the competition, I reckon I'd love a chance to try my luck here" He said to the man. "Chewie - Hand the man the money" He barked to his lowly associate as he handed him over a bag of money.

As Oscar thought to himself.. "I'm sure strider and nene would enjoy such a competition too.. If only they could find their way here" He said as he sighed to himself. He had a good chance they'd hear his calls.

As he was walking out, he saw the big man himself. Lord high chef heston. "Ah, Godfather Heston, always a pleasure. When you plan to fight, do you plan to fight in one of those fancy hats of yours? And where can I get one of those?" He asked jokingly but also inquisitively, as he really thought they looked very fancy.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Vincent laughed at the man who called himself Oscar, as he jotted his name down for the bracket. After collecting the money and putting it away he says.

”Well Oscar tell them if they’d like the join that spots of filling up quickly and to come see me soon, only 5 spots remaining in the tournament.”

Report Post Tip

Vincent was in his office organizing all the names he had then realized that there were only 2 spots left in the tournament. He called for a runner to go out and spread the word to bring the 2 best fighters they could find that were already registered in the tournament in order to make it as entertaining and competitive as possible.

The runner heads outside sets up a soap box then mounts it then begins to speak, “Only 2 spots left in the Chicago Beatdown, go see Vincent Valentine if you’re interested in joining the tournament. No spots will be added it’s filled.

Report Post Tip

"Ahh what the hell. It's been a while since I put on the gloves, but age and experiance will beat out youth and idealism every time. I'm in."

Ralph wanders down to Vincent's office to put his name in for the boxing tourny.

Report Post Tip

Vincent looks upset, and regretfully informs Godfather Lombino.

”Well sir I’ll try to pull some strings but the tournament is currently full. The only way I see this working is if you and the last contestant to register fight for the final spot in a preliminary fight.”

Vincent quickly jots down a note then motions everyone to go outside.

”Well everyone the bracket has filled, and will be fully announced later tonight. Though I can tell you now that THIS WEEKEND, we will all see Ralph Lombino and Phillip Ligambi go at one another for the final spot in the tournament! I wish you both the best of luck and can’t look for all the fights to begin!”

Vincent pops a bottle of champagne and let’s the party begin now that the paper work has been done!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Tutte smiled, splendid that we now have full participate in this coming event.

"Good sport all, let the best boxer win and also having fun with not to bad injuries during the way to the final"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Chicago Beatdown:Boxing Tournament
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL