Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 22:31:20
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 5 6 [ > - >>> ]
A Vacation to Die For. Started by: Isabella-Luciano on Apr 16, '19 15:05

"Sonny is a dear friend of the family, but between you and I..."  She lowered her voice.  "There was a small window of time when I figured he'd return to the states and ask me to marry him and we'd end up in Chicago running his family empire together."

She shrugged.

"That's not something that's going to happen now.  I have one vision of my future at this point and it only involved one man... that big guy up there."  She pointed at Billy who must have known he was being talked about because he looked back at her and gave her one of his dopey grins.  

"And yes, my Mom is a Don... though to be honest, it's hardly the thing I think she'd be most proud of.  She's more like your Nona than she'd ever admitted.  She was born to be a mother and wife, if you ask me.  It suits her.  Some women are just naturals when it comes to domestic stuff... others of us would just stick to stabbing and shooting people if we knew what was good for us."

She laughed and walked a little quicker coming up to Billy with a little leap and throwing her hands around his thick neck, kissing him on the lips.  "Light of my Eyes, please know that I am not joking... if this Maria steals your attention from me for more than a moment I will stab her.  I'm sure there are plenty of places to hide a body here and I'm not as afraid of your cousins as I am your Nona."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Billy grabbed Aurora around the waist and slowly let her back to the ground before nodding.

"Depth of my soul, I know that nobody could take my eyes off of you for that long. Maria might try, she always tries, and I always say no, and then she moves on. She understands at least that no has a meaning."

He then turned back to Gio.

"Cousin, we can talk more on that another time, but I don't see why not, unless of course Nonna has something to say about it, and I'm sure she will."

Billy gestured for them to lead the way to town and so on they went for a night of revelry under the moon of Sicily.

It was, in fact, a long walk. When the got to the bar, the first thing Billy wanted to do was sit down for a few minutes. He certainly did not want to dance straight away, so he looked to Aurora for some kind of sign. Before he had a chance to get anything from her though, Addie was in the way.

"Go get us some water Billy. Gio, you stay here and help us scout out a spot for us to sit down."

As Billy went off to get drinks, Gio made his way to the side of the hill and plopped down. The weather was warm and most of the bar was standing around outside. It was a small town after all. The bar probably only had room inside for five, maybe ten people, that or three of Billy. Outside though, there was a space for the band to play, and people were dancing in what was clearly the town square, though an American eye, it wouldn't look like more than a few buildings space closer together than the farms and fields that surrounded the place.

There were probably about a dozen or so folks here, all around their age, by the time Billy got back. The majority of them were women, and the few men that were there were clearly single. There was something about that which struck Addie.

"Normally there's not so slim picking's, I guess tonight is your lucky night Gio, you're the best looking one here."

Gio shook his head and pointed at the bar. As if on cue, out came Billy Mastrosimone. It was not the first time Gio was happy Billy had brought a girl along with him. Considering how many of the girls were looking in his direction, Gio was actually quite happy to ride someone else's coattails tonight and pick up a broken heart.

"I got us a bottle of wine, a bottle of water, and some glasses. I figured we could get some more later. Oh, and the wine is chilled, they actually were keeping it in an ice box, but they made me pay double for that. I think it's worth it."

He shrugged and put the things down, shaking his hand out and getting all the water from the sweating bottle off of his hand so nothing slipped.

"Wine or water Roar?"

Aurora couldn't help but notice how many women were looking at Billy with appreciation.  She knew she could get upset... or, and this seemed more fun, she decided to be a bit of a braggart.  As Billy offered her a glass of water or wine, she stood up and spoke clearly enough to be heard by anyone standing a short distance away - "The thing I'm most thirsty for, are your kisses."

She pulled him towards her then and shamelessly dominated his mouth with her tiny face.  Billy had never been man-handled by Aurora in this way before, and she knew it.  She also knew that Billy wasn't going to object, in fact, she hoped he'd find it exciting.  Another game to be played.  As she pulled away from him she tilted her head down ever so slightly, the torchlight seemed to set her amber eyes ablaze.  

"I should pace myself... water will be fine for now."  she said with a smirk. 

"Now sit,"  she ordered him.  "... so I can claim my spot in your lap and be comfortable."

Billy did as he was told and sat immediately. He had a huge grin on his face too while doing it.

Addie meanwhile could barely contain her laughter. Aurora's little stunt would work... for the most part. She watched as two women, one whom she suspected would be here, and the other she didn't approached.

The one was a hot rod if it could be turned into a woman, she seemed to be made entirely out of curves, and her fire red hair only added to the illusion. She had a sway to her hips to match a pout on her face that would turn any head she wanted. To top it all off, she wore a bright red color on her lips to make them stand out among her olive-skinned complexion. This was no milk maid. This was Maria.

She was accompanied by a much shier girl, who wore a yellow dress, form fitting, but not in a flashy way. This was the girl you always saw in heels, and she still managed to be the shortest woman around. She was as nice as nice could be though. When she wasn't looking down, her hazel eyes were smiling. She ran the bar by day, which was a coffee shop then, as her father was the proprietor and he ran the place at night. Her mother helped them both out when she could here and there. Genevieve was a perfect girl, a kind girl, and a delight.

Gio sat upright as soon as the two women approached.

"Well if it isn't Big Billy."

Maria said with a wink and a smile that certainly got Gio's attention.

"Hi Billy, Hi Gio."

Came the more subdued greeting from the other girl.

Billy waved, and Gio stood up.

"Hey Maria, we got some wine here if you want some. Gen, I would give you some, but I think you've got all you could want huh?"

Gen giggled at Gio's dumb joke, and Billy felt a smirk creeping up on him that he kept off his face. So that's why Gio wanted what he did. Billy nodded. Gen was good people, he would make sure Gio got what he needed.

"Maria, Gen, may I introduce my girlfriend, Aurora. She's exotic cause she's from the States, you know like me."

Maria extended her hand to shake the one that belonged to the exotic girl.

"Hello."

Aurora stiffened in Billy's lap as the dangerous aforementioned woman of loose morals came over.  Of course, the irony of thinking of Maria as such was totally lost on Aurora as she actually winced when the red-head called Billy, 'Big Billy.'  For a moment she imagined jumping up, grabbing her by the hair and smashing her face repeatedly into a tree just a few feet away from them.  This thought actually caused Aurora to smile in spite of what she felt.

Not wanting to be a total asshole, Aurora reached her hand out and shook Marie's.  The woman had quite a grip, a fact that actually surprised Aurora.  The red-head stared into her eyes and Aurora didn't flinch when returning the gaze.  

"Hello."  She said simply and then released Maria's hand.

"I'll take a glass."  She said to Gio.  "Though if you want to try something with a little more kick, I actually have something a little exotic with me... real Whiskey."

She looked to Aurora and her drinking glass of water, "I've always felt a woman should be able to enjoy whatever her man likes to drink and as I recall, Billy here likes his Whiskey neat."

She looked over to Billy, "Do you still take it ... neat?"

Billy laughed.

"I do, but I wouldn't challenge Aurora to a drinking contest, for two reasons. One, she will beat you, and two, she's going home with me, and if I have to carry her the whole way I would blame you, and I doubt you would like my Marina coming down here if her favorite grandson was to mention that fact."

He smiled then and Marie pursed her lips.

"Well you don't have to be rude about it, you could just say no."

It did not stop her from flouncing her dress as she sat down though, flashing more leg than she had any right doing in mixed company. Gio could have sworn he knew what color panties she was wearing tonight.

"So Billy, are you and your little friend staying long?"

Maria asked as she sipped at her wine.

Addie scoffed and got up.

"Billy I have a feeling we are going to need..."

She was cut off as Billy reached into his pocket and removed a few bills handing them off to Addie. Her eyes went wide and she tucked them into her shirt quickly.

"Whatever I want then huh?"

Billy nodded and Addie made her way to the bar.

"So Gen, what have you been up to?"

Gen looked up at Billy.

"Oh, you know, just minding the shop."

Billy tapped Aurora on the leg, above the knee, specifically on the leg closest to Maria so the woman would notice where he touched her.

"Gen here makes the best espressos around, you want to come by tomorrow and try one maybe?"

Aurora kept her mouth shut when the topic of drinking whiskey came up, in part because she knew damn well that she couldn't best the woman tonight - at least she shouldn't.  The other part of her decision to not reply was because Billy had taken up the cause of shutting the woman up for her.  To thank him she put her hand on his thigh and rested her head on his barrel chest affectionately. 

Then the woman flopped down with no grace what so ever.  Aurora blinked slowly at the sight of the other woman's pink lace panties.  She wondered if Billy saw them too and if his affection for having her remove her own panties came from some past experience with Maria.  THAT thought made her want to chew nails.  But before she'd had much time to think about it the woman called her Billy's 'little friend.'  If being referred to as just his friend wasn't insulting enough, the comment on her size stuck in her craw utterly.

"$10,000."  She said flatly, her tone not concealing any bit of her annoyance.  "Truth or Dare, Billy?"

Billy froze for a moment and thought about it. He nodded.

"For that price I feel like the only real possible answer is dare."

He looked to Gio.

"If I need you to back me up on something, I can count on your right?"

He smiled at the man, and watched as Addie put her hand on Gio's shoulder.

"Of course you can count on us."

She glared daggers at Maria. She didn't know what set the girl off, but she knew the rules of this game, and the fact that her cousin hadn't even blinked at the price tag. Well, it was just more proof that he was who he said he was.

"Alright Roar. I'm all set, lay it on me."

Report Post Tip

Aurora locked eyes with Maria as she leaned in towards Billy's ear and whispered for him alone.

Billy felt around on his person for a moment.

"Oh, darn. You know, I think I might be short. I suppose I'll have to take the dare."

He gave Aurora a wolfish grin then and picked her up off the grass as he himself stood.

"We are going for a walk. Addie, you've got some cash, buy everyone around, we will be back."

He looked at his cousins and just shook his head once. Maria made to her feet as well.

"You're right, the stars will be out soon, a walk in the dark would be so nice, we should all go for a nice walk to see what we can see."

Billy looked to Aurora who locked eyes with him, and then he shook his head.

"Sorry Maria, but I'm afraid that if you come along you may very well ruin my vacation here and I might never return if you do that. You don't want to run me off now do you?"

He gave the woman a wink then and took Aurora by the hand.

"We will be back shortly, besides, my money will buy you enough wine to make the time fly by."

And so the time did, Addie had barely noticed that the two were gone, but there was no mistaking when they returned. Her cousin's hair was no longer nicely tamed, and Aurora was still flush from their 'walk'.

"You two seem like you went on more of a run, than a walk."

She raised a glass to the two of them and then gestured to the five bottles of wine that were now skeletons on the graveyard that was the grass on the side of the hill.

Gio was sitting next to Gen when they returned, and Maria? Well, she was clearly waiting because as soon they did return she turned to look at them. Her face immediately fell though. She gave Aurora a knowing look and crossed her arms under her breasts to assist in perking them up further than her clearly padded brassier had already done.

"Awwww Billy, that was so nice of you to take her for a walk. Next time, I'll walk with you and it'll be so grand you'll never want to walk with anyone else again."

Billy shook his head.

"That makes no sense Maria. I walk around all the time, you're not gonna stop me from wanting to walk around. Addie was there enough?"

His cousin nodded and handed him what was his change, but he waved it off, so she put it back into her pocket.

"So, what now lovebirds? It's your vacation after all."

Aurora was wearing a grin that wouldn't go away.  Billy was nothing if not an enthusiastic ... walker.  Boy, did he love walking.  Aurora chuckled to herself at her own unspoken jokes.  She was pretty sure if she ever wanted to 'walk', the merest suggestion of it would have Billy racing to come to her side which was why Maria's stupid statement being shot down by Billy was literally the best thing she heard all night ... next to the sound of Billy trying to catch his breath.

"Well, I'd like to do some dancing... if you think you've caught your breath finally, Light of My Eyes?  Do you need some water?"  She purred at him, her hands never coming off her lover's body.

"Of course... it's also your turn in our little game and with the stakes tonight, I'd be shocked as hell if I didn't at least get one truth or dare asked of me."  She gave him a wink.  

Billy nodded.

"Dancing would be good. After some water. As for truth or dare, well, don't you gotta pick one first? So, which is it?"

Addie grinned, and then fanned herself a little bit.

"I think the wine might be getting to me a bit, I feel hot."

She took off her bolero jacket and lay it on the grass, laying back and crossing her legs. Her dress fell back to expose more of her legs than she had intended, but she blamed the wine.

"If you two are going to stay for a while, why don't you let Aurora come sit and talk with me, and you can sip your water. Maria?"

The other woman looked at Addied.

"Go away, we're done entertaining you."

Maria's face screwed up in a snarl before she stomped away, Gio watched her go, but didn't move to stop her, instead he kept his arm around Gen whose face was a little red as well, and who had clearly gotten into the wine herself.

"Well, don't leave my cousin waiting, Truth or Dare Aurora?"

Addie propped her head up with her hands so she could look at the woman. She was, unfortunately, not dancing tonight.

Aurora looked to Addie, "I seriously love you right now and even if this big lug never asks me to marry him... I want to keep you forever if that's alright by you?"

She laughed and looked to Billy, she considered him for a moment, "With all the exertion on our walk maybe it's best we go with Truth.  But, if you're wanting to give me a dare later I promise to pick one later."

Addie nodded and lay her head back.

"Be careful what you wish for Aurora, some would call me, Bohemian."

Billy stiffened a bit. Addie really had been drinking. She normally didn't tell people that out loud. Not unless she really trusted them or knew them.

"Truth is fine with me darling. I need to know something anyway. What changed?"

He picked up a bottle of water and drank some before continuing.

"I mean, nothing about it is bad, but you've been super aggressive and protective ever since we got here. I haven't had to raise my voice, or stomp my foot once, and we've had to deal with some crap already, so what gives? Why are you all of a sudden so worried that this vacation goes well? I mean, lots of stuff we really loved doing went real bad at first right? So, what changed, what gives?"

He sat back on the grass then and offered her the water bottle, she must have been just as thirsty as he was, after all she had let him lay in the grass for a bit during their walk, taking over the enthusiastic part for a minute.

Aurora opened her mouth and shut it.  She considered if now was the moment.  Was NOW the moment she'd let him know his life was changing forever?  Was this the special instant that he would forever have burned into his mind?  Looking into his eyes, her heart began to swell, she smiled.  She opened her mouth again and just as she did the sound of glass breaking and women screeching got her attention.  

"GET YOUR OWN MAN YOU HARLOT!"  Some woman had grabbed Maria by the hair and was pulling her out of the bar and towards the street.  Maria was fighting back, clawing and slapping at the brunette who had a firm hold on her.  Billy, Addie, Gio and Gen all watched in horror as the women began to pull each other's hair out and men tried to break them up.

No... this isn't the moment.

"I think the answer to that will have to wait.  Now's maybe not the right moment so... um... I owe you $10,000.  You know, maybe we should just start walking back.  It is a very long walk and I'm sure we'll all be up early tomorrow?"  Aurora stood up and tried to ignore the sounds of the catfight just off to the left of them.  It wasn't worth watching.  She was just glad she had kept her own temper in check and that hadn't been her in the street with the red-head.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The walk back was a nice one, if quiet, and when they did finally return to the house Billy noticed that there were blankets and pillows laid out on the floor of the living room. Four separate sets of them. Nonna had spoken.

"Get up! What has your time as a rich man made you lazy?"

Nonna had kicked Billy's feet to wake him up. And he did get up then. He looked around the room, the rest of them were all still sleeping and the sun was barely over the horizon.

Nonna gestured for him to follow her.

"I want time alone with your woman today Billy, so you will be in charge of the fields. I am going to let Gio go to town today and have the day off. Now you make sure to bring Addie with you, she will spend time with you today and help you. And Billy. I heard about what happened with Maria last night. I am glad none of you were involved."

Nonna had clearly already been to town for her morning ritual of buying supper and fresh bread and eggs. And the tongues were wagging, as they do. Billy was very glad she had not mentioned anything about Aurora though, that would have been bad. So he nodded.

"Yes Nonna."

She patted his cheek.

"Good, now have some coffee, and go, come back when you are hungry or thirsty. Come back too fast and I will have to remind you how to hit an olive tree just right to get the olives out eh?"

She did not mean the tree, and they both knew it. Billy nodded, and took a mug of coffee and sat down to drink it, preparing himself for a long day outdoors.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Aurora was stiff.  She'd slept on floors a few times, usually for fun or necessity though and now she could recall why she didn't like doing it much.  The smell of coffee hit her nose and suddenly the urgency to use the restroom wasn't half so bad as that!  The lioness crawled up out of her pallet, spotting Billy just in the other room at the kitchen table working on his cup.  She opened her mouth to speak and quickly closed it as she darted through the kitchen and out the backdoor to revisit last night's dinner.  Oh God!  Why did Billy have to see her like this?!?

She coughed and sputtered and felt the eyes of someone on her, she figured it was Billy but upon looking back it was the old woman.  "Tomorrow you eat crackers as you wake up.  Do not move until you eat one, yes?"

She nodded, "Yes, Nona."

"Good."  The old woman rubbed her back.  "I fix a small plate for you now.  Must keep something in you if you are to stay healthy."

The old woman went inside and cracked one small egg into a frying pan and began to fry it up.  Billy instantly began sniffing the air.  The old woman shook a wooden spoon at him as Aurora came back inside.  "You keep out of this.  Too much breakfast will make you fat... this is for your love."

Billy looked disappointed, Aurora knew how much he loved breakfast.  Sitting down beside him she gave him a smile as she watched Nona cooking.  To his credit, Billy was kind enough to fix her a cup of coffee and bring it to her.  

"Thank you."  She said quietly to her lover, putting her foot alongside his under the table where Nona did not see.

Billy sipped at his coffee as his grandmother laid the plate in front of Aurora. He heard his stomach grumble, but he said nothing. Maybe the old woman knew more than she had let on, and blamed Billy for it. She clearly didn't blame Aurora.

"What are you still doing here? If you don't go soon, the sun will bake you. Go! Out! I will send Adalgisa when she wakes."

She waved a spoon at Billy and he looked to Aurora longingly before he got up, sighed, finished his coffee, and left. That's when Marina rounded on Aurora.

"I tell you this one time. I heard all about what happened last night."

She nodded and lowered her gaze at Aurora so that the young girl understood.

"Before he leaves Sicily, or he will make a sinner of you both."

She then went back to start the fire in the kitchen, the two would have a long day of cooking ahead of them.

Gio got up next and made his way in, grabbing himself a cup of coffee and all but inhaling it before he grabbed a large straw hat off the wall.

"No Gio. Your cousin is working for you today, you go into town. Nonna needs milk for later, and you should get some fresh coffee, you know from that nice girl at the shop. There is some money in the jar by the door."

Gio shook his head.

"I don't need it Nonna, Billy let us have some from last night. Are you sure you don't..."

The older woman cut him off with one wave of the spoon.

"Don't be dumb nephew. Go now before I change my mind."

Gio nodded and then turned and waved to Aurora before heading out the door. Then Addie was the last to wake, barefoot, she made her way into the kitchen and made herself her own egg. Marina said nothing about this, and considering she had said something about the boys, it was curious.

"Morning Nonna."

Addie kissed the woman on the cheek and then took her plate to the table eating slowly.

"What am I doing today? It seems like you already have help here, you fed her after all."

Addie winked at Aurora and then looked back to Marina for advice.

"Adalgisa, you are going to go talk your cousin's ear off today. Follow him around the olive fields, and do not let him come back. Half an hour before you think he is hungry or thirsty, you excuse yourself to use the outhouse. You come in here, and you get him food or water. Coffee if you must, whatever you do, you will keep him away from this house until Aurora and I have had our talks."

She looked to Aurora then, but continued to talk to Addie.

"Your cousin is going to propose to this lovey girl before they leave. You are going to make sure he does this thing."

She reached out and gently placed her hands on theirs.

"You two are family now, so you talk if you must. Figure this problem out. If you let Billy think it was his idea, he will do it. He is in love, he is just scared to ask, that is all. You should both know, women rule this world. Men do nothing without our blessing and they are too stupid to have their own good ideas. Do not mistake me, they have plenty of ideas, but they are not good ones."

She looked to Aurora and then let her eyes fall slightly.

"Would you not agree that men do not always think things through Aurora?"

Aurora knew that tone.  She had evoked it from the Dragon on more than one occasion, but she had NO IDEA what the hell she was going to do with a pissed off old woman.  She couldn't roar back at her.  This was Billy's grandma and now it was clear she knew what Aurora was all about and likely thought her no better than Maria!  If Billy didn't find the courage to ask her to be married to him before they left the woman would forever think her a cheap whore who had slept her way into Billy's life probably just to take his money.

Aurora was asked if men were stupidly impulsive at times and all Aurora could think about was that trainload of orphans.  So, she nodded, "I can think of a few times that Billy might have acted on impulse and not thought things through."

The old woman seemed very approving of her agreement with her.  Maybe that was the secret.  Just so long as she didn't argue maybe the woman wouldn't be too mean?  Aurora gave a sidelong look at Addie as the old woman returned to her morning chores.

"I think he'll want to ask my father first."  She admitted.  "Where is the nearest phone?"

Addie laughed.  "No one close by has a phone.  The wires don't come out this far.  The nearest place for sure is, town.  Or maybe the DiCaprio estate, it is a touch closer to us, if in the other direction.  I think I heard they had the wires run out to them from another town actually."

Aurora scoffed, "Well, he won't visit that place if he can help it.  I think he'd be okay making money off a deal with Santino but asking him to use his phone to call my dad for my hand in marriage?  No.  That ain't happening.  Hell would have to freeze over for him to want to go there alone.  Expect he'll probably want to go to town to call my father then, and he'll want to buy a ring too... if he hasn't already.  I've been thinking this trip was an excuse to ask me.  It would be like him.  He does love grand gestures.  But it wouldn't hurt to talk to him about it I suppose."

Addie nodded.

"Talking isn't going to hurt, besides when Marina has something in her jaws, she doesn't let it go until it's dead, or until it does what she wants."

She reached out and patted Aurora's hand.

"Don't worry, if anyone can bring that man around it'll be you, but I'll do my best."

And with that, she was up, and out into the fields.

"Are you finished yet Aurora? We have much to do today, and I need you to have your strength. Eat."

Marina had begun to put water into the pot, today she was cooking something that wasn't just sauce.

Billy had already begun to shake the olives out of the trees and into baskets. He had no idea how much he was supposed to accomplish today, but he remembered how to look for the ripe ones, and the quickest way to get them out of the trees was to just shake the damned things. He picked at the olives though as he worked, he hadn't had breakfast after all and just the thought about it made him hungry.

"Well, you dumb ox, looks like you're gonna get a day's worth of work done in just a couple hours!"

Billy looked up to see Addie coming over the hill.

"Oh boy, help, how fun. What the hell do you want? We both know you're not out here to help me do nothin'. You came out here to bug me about something. Is it about the money? I told you to keep it cause I thought you might have some fun with it."

Addie shook her head and then sat down under the shade of some of the trees behind Billy.

"Keep working, I didn't say to stop. If you can manage to finish soon, maybe we can even go to town and find you a phone."

Billy stopped working and turned to Addie.

"The hell would I need a phone for? I'm on vacation, my guys will be fine without me for a week."

Addie shook her head.

"Not for you to check up on anyone. You know, Nonna would be real mad at you if she found out what you did last night was with someone other than your wife." She sat up and looked right at Billy. "In fact, she's real pissed about it."

Billy threw his hands in the air.

"For the love of all that's holy, how does she always know this kind of crap?! She was sleeping when we left! She didn't get up until morning, how did she find anything out?!"

Addie shook her head. Sleeping was not what Nonna was doing. Praying maybe, but she had also set up all the beds for them, or had Billy not noticed that? He was never the best at observation, but that was a little far even for him.

"Don't be stupid Billy, people talk, and you two didn't exactly hide anything. Besides, Maria?"

Billy punched an olive tree and watched a bunch of olives fall into his basket.

"Dammit."

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Vacation to Die For.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL