Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 11:28:54
Page:  1 
Cereal Lover's Emporium Started by: MGK on Apr 28, '19 05:56

Cereal was kind of a big deal. The turn of the century had ushered in advances in cereal preparation technology, creating a bit of a boom as more brands and flavors were popping up everywhere. Breakfast cereals had always been a bit bland since their inception in 1863, with the majority of them being granola based and tasting of paper. The rise of Post and the Kellogg brothers had created some brand competition, and the Kellogg's discovery of Corn Flakes ushered in a whole new sector of breakfast cereals.

MGK absolutely loved cereal. He would routinely take walks through detroit with a bowl of it in his hand. While these were pleasant strolls, he often found himself carrying a dirty bowl around town after he had finished the cereal. This was rather awkward as passerby would stare at his empty would and wonder what the fuck he was up to. One time he even placed it on his head like a hat just for reactions.

It became clear to MGK that the city needed somewhere for cereal enthusiasts to congregate and munch down on hearty bowls of bran and corn flakes. He purchased an old Cafe in Corktown and did literally nothing to it. He left it decorated as it was, kept all the same employees, and even kept the hobo out back. All he did was take everything off the menu besides coffee and cereal. Nothing else was important.

They served Corn Flakes, Post Toasties, Wheaties, Rice Krispies, Grape Nuts, Quaker Oats, Kix, and Chex. Milk was recommended, but not mandatory.

MGK named the place Cereal Lover's Emporium, keeping the CLE acronym alive and well in an homage to his hometown of Cleveland, Ohio. He visited the Emporium every morning for his breakfast and coffee, and oftentimes met friends (like September, BobRoss, Billie_Eilish) there for an early bite.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I had only recently moved to Detroit. While things at work were still settling, I used to like to take my bike and pedal around the streets of Detroit, to familiarize myself with the city, preferably in the early morning. Oh, how I enjoyed those rides! They served me for two purposes: physical and, of course, mental condition. Yes, because in those moments I was spreading my mind, reflecting on my life and, most of the times, feeling free.

In one of those rides, I came across an interesting place, to say the least. Cereal Lover's Emporium. To be honest, I had never tasted cereal until that very day. My legs were already heavy, I could take a break. And I had heard controversial opinions about the cereals, so the best course of action would be to taste it and take my own conclusions about it, of course.

Decided, I leaned my bike outside the establishment and went inside. There were already some customers enjoying their breakfasts, but I did not know anyone, so I just headed to the counter and picked up the menu. Only then I remembered that I had left my reading glasses at home. I tried to force my eyesight over the menu without much success.

"Ah...good morning!" I smiled to an young waitress that was getting close. "What's your suggestion for me? But please, surprise me. It's the first time I'll try one of these."

After hear she saying that she had the perfect option for me, I went to the nearest table and sat down to wait.

Report Post Tip

Sinfest was a huge fan of cereal. Being such a fan inevitably led him to find out about the Cereal Lover's Emporium. A fan such as himself was for sure going to eventually make a visit and Sinfest being in Detroit was the perfect opportunity. Sinfest walks in and feels his excitement can't really be contained. When his waiter arrives to the table Sinfest places his order

"I want a bowl of Chex and some sugar and milk if you please. Big fan of what you guys are doing around here and I might have to make a return stop here next time I am in Detroit"

Sinfest is giddy with excitement as he waited for his order to arrive. He tries to read a newspaper left on the table but can't really focus. It had been awhile since he had the chance to relax and have a bowl of cereal. When the wait staff arrived with his bowl and some sugar, he puts some of the sugar in and chows down. You can tell he enjoys his cereal and within minutes he is drinking the leftover milk. He puts a few dollars on the table and heads back out with a smile on his face.

Report Post Tip

Cereals are something that almost everyone have eaten and getting great energy as a kid when we were younger, the biggest favourites here are corn flakes and quaker oats.

"Can I have a bowl of corn flakes wi´th some sugar streamed on top and milk in it, thats a breakfast that Im in need of right now"

All those breakfast-cereals should each kid eat every morning but nowadays they eats just shit, sorry, but they dont get the enrgi in body like we did when we were kids.

Report Post Tip
A few moments passed while I waited. I was sitting very correctly, with both hands resting on the table, looking outside. I was thinking about the course my life had taken up to then, when the young waitress ripped me out of my thoughts. She had brought my "order". 

"Thank you." I said, offering her a gentle smile.

I glanced at the cereal, dipped in the milk. A bowl of Chex, the waitress had said before leaving my table. She also said I would love it, but she definitely did not know me. I was a hard man to convince.

I dipped my spoon in the bowl, filling it with cereal and some milk, and I raised it over the bowl. I stared at the wet cereal grains for a moment before putting them in my mouth. Finally, I began to melt them in my mouth, slowly savoring them.
Report Post Tip

Sera was a bit more upbeat after eating that incredible bagel; she was still hungry as she proceeded to stroll down the street. Other pedestrians were pretty nice this morning, saying hello and waving, the natural shine on her features intensifies.  She walks pass Cereal Lover's Emporium, out of the corner of her beautiful grey eyes, she notices the sign and was instantly intrigued. She backtracks and makes her way into the joint.

Inside, the place is half full as she makes her way to a vacant table.  A friendly waiter names Danny comes to take her order. Sera looks over the menu, it looked fabulous. She orders a bowl of Fruity Pebbles and a bowl of Frosted Flakes with plenty of milk in each. Danny smiles and disappears to get her order. Five minutes later, she eating a little bit of each. The shine on her features shining even more so because she was truly happy at the moment.

Report Post Tip

MGK returned to the Cereal Lover's Emporium on a chilly morning in early May. The sun was just beginning to rise above the buildings downtown, giving the windows of the CLE  a bright golden glow. MGK shielded his eyes as he approached the door and walked inside. The little bell above the door tinkered, causing most of the people in the cafe to pause and look up. There was a bit of an awkward silence before everyone returned to eating or drinking, the soft clink of spoons dipping into bowls and coffee mugs clunking on the table replaced it. 

MGK approached the counter and took a seat at the bar, which up to this point was unoccupied. Everyone had sat at a table to themselves, enjoying their respective cereals. The waiter, Danny, came over and smiled.

"The usual, Mister Kelly?" He asked. MGK returned the smile and nodded. Danny walked off and returned moments later with a bowl of frosted flakes and hot cup of coffee. MGK murmured his thanks and began spooning mouthfuls of cereal into his mouth. Once he had finished he added a bit of cream and sugar to his coffee and took a sip, savoring the flavor. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed AlbertHofmann sitting at a table nearby, also munching on cereal.

"Good morning, Albert. What are you up to today?"

Report Post Tip

I heard my name being called and turned to see who was saying it. My eyes spotted MGK, a prominent crime figure from Detroit. Until then, I did not know him personally and I was surprised he knew my name. I swallowed my cereal and smiled hurriedly. It became obvious to me that the high ranks of crime in Detroit knew everything that was going on.

"Good morning, Mr. Kelly! I just went out for a bike ride. Clear the air, you know? And I came across this place. First time I ever prove cereal, can you believe it?"

I smiled again and dipped the spoon into the bowl again.

Report Post Tip

Gordon walked in and sat at a table “hmmm no poncy fair here” he muttered to himself being British Gordon ordered corn flakes with milk and sugar and a bowl of steaming oatmeal with honey and salt “best bring a whole pot of coffee too” he added 

Taking his time with the cornflakes Gordon couldn’t help but rate the bowl and utensils could do with a polish on the spoon and the bowl is slightly chipped but the cornflakes were good and reminded him of his childhood 8/10

next up was the oatmeal 

Gordon took no time digging in again the spoon could do with a polish this bowl was chip free and the oatmeal was slightly too thick just the way he liked it it was salty and sweet which worked in unison matched perfectly and worthy of a 9/10

the coffee was slightly bitter which again was to his taste so that also got an 8/10 

all in all all this was a good establishment and Gordon would visit again

Report Post Tip

MGK smiled warmly at AlbertHofmann and nodded.

"I'm not surprised you haven't tried it, it's only just recently becoming popular. I acquired a bit of a taste for it back home in Cleveland and have been trying to get it going over here. I own shares in a couple of the companies that produce the stuff, you see."

MGK drained the rest of his coffee and tapped the mug on the counter twice, indicating he would need another fresh cup. He pulled out a pack of Lucky Strikes and place one in his mouth, before lighting it with a match. 

"I think I may go downtown for lunch today, would you care to meet up again, Albert? I've been hearing your name around the streets a bit and think it would be beneficial for us both to become better acquainted."

Report Post Tip

"I can understand why it's becoming popular now." I replied, before eating another spoonful.

When I heard his lunch invitation, I leaned back in my chair. God, I was getting more and more involved with all that. My name was being heard in the streets, in a sphere of society which I never imagined I was be a part of. My goal to keep myself under the radar had not worked, at least not in Detroit. Should I worry? I guess so.

"I completely agree with you, Mr. Kelly. It will be a pleasure. Just let me know where" I said, sincerely.

Report Post Tip

"I really just eats kellogs corn flakes and had always loved those mostly"

He eats those often during late evnings instead of a sandwish or anything els, corn flakes is the bst with milk for sure.

Report Post Tip

Cereals, it was the perfect breakfst for many, if all learned their kids to eat only this without massivly amounts of sugar and shit on them surely they got kids at a betetr state during their way up in ages, no doubt of that.

Tutte took a bowl of corn flakes and enjoyed it.

Report Post Tip

She started her day looking for good shopping places.  It was a habit in every city, while she should be working, she was spending money.  She came across a peculiar store, all they sold was cereal?  She did love breakfast, and who could turn down a bowl of cereal.  She may as well check it out, always one for the unique stores.  The menu was huge, but only had a few random cereal choices.  And coffee.  Anywhere that sold coffee was her kind of place. 

Can I get a bowl of rice crispies with milk? 

Is that how you order cereal?  It seemed odd to order a bowl of cereal.  That was something you eat at home. 

And a cup of coffee.

She peered around the store, looking for a cozy place to sit while waiting for her cereal. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Cereal Lover's Emporium
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL