Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 06:42:52
Page:  1 
RE: current state of affairs in New Orleans Started by: Yuri-Orlov on Sep 23, '07 12:14
*The current mayor of New Orleans, Robert Sidney Maestri, takes a pair of scissors and holds them poised next to the red ribbon stretched across the entrance to the cities newest and most glamorous private members club. *

*The mayor then proceeds to speak to the gathered throngs of people.*

"Ladies and gentleman it gives me great pleasure to declare the doors of 'The Big Easy Club' officially open. This venture has been several years in the making and I know how much this means to Mr Orlov and his business associates. I wish them every success for the future and without further ado I'll hand you over to everyone's favorite arms dealer and warmonger, the main man himself..."

*Snips the ribbon.*

*A suave and sophisticated looking gentleman takes the microphone from the Mayor*

"People of New Orleans...

I am here to announce the resurrection of a gang, the 'Live Oak Boys'! Formed originally in 1858 this once famous New Orleans street gang disappeared from existence in the 1880's, that is until now. First of all I would like to offer my sincere thanks and gratitude to all of the current leaders of the six cities.

Secondly I'd like to clear a few things up if I may. As some of you may know I hastily set up in New York a few days ago before doubting my own credentials as a leader and disbanding. I have given careful consideration to this decision and have taken advice from my closest associates and have decided I must grab this opportunity with both hands as it doesn't come along too often. It is my intention to claim New Orleans and I will not permit any other families to set up here until I see fit.

I have a bit of a reputation as a cold hearted arms dealer who peddles death and gains wealth from other peoples misery, but let me lay any fears to rest immediately. I am here for one reason and one reason only and that is to build a successful criminal organization. It is my intention to do this as peacefully as possible, without the need to resort to violence. Mistake this for weakness at your peril though; I will not be tolerating any shit towards my crew or myself and will defend our family with every last drop of blood and every ounce of strength in my body.

Now onto the boring mundane stuff that you've all heard a thousand times before but is nonetheless important. I will be following the code of Omerta to the letter and it will be the number one priority for any of my members which will be force fed to them on a daily basis until they eat, sleep, dream and shit Omerta. I will protect my family and do anything in my power to help them achieve great things in this thing of ours. I would also like to point out that I fully intend to work closely with the other leaders and that I would greatly appreciate their help and support in these coming days in return for my complete cooperation in any matters that I can be of assistance.

Finally I'd just like to say to the masses, give me a chance. That's all I'm asking, a chance. I've got here on merit and have just as much a right as the next person to give it my best shot. I'd like an opportunity to prove any doubters wrong and show that I can be an asset to the community and hopefully go on to achieve great things.

Thank you all for your time. 'The Big Easy Club' is now officially open and if you have any queries please feel free to field them here.

Anyone interested in joining 'Live Oak Boys' please send either my right hand man or myself a polite letter of application."
Report Post Tip
Notices the haggard old note in the corner of the window and leans closer....

Gosh, someone actually making the effort to grace these streets of ours with an informative and interesting poster.

These days I usually tell myself the chance would be a fine thing.

Good luck to you Yuri-Orlov, I am looking forward to reading more in the weeks to come.

Lights up a smoke and wanders down the lonely New Orleans road
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: RE: current state of affairs in New Orleans
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL