Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 02:12:51
Page:  1 
Could a rogues end up in charge? Started by: JohnMytton on May 22, '19 12:58

As the night falls over the country that has been smoldering from a huge war that had just finished, Minerva's Owl spreads it's wings and..
JohnMytton paused.. He frowned and realized that even for his standards, this was way too populist to say..

But, as he stood there, and Crewleaders from all over the country were being shot, Mad Jack looked around him and realized he could still seize the opportunity to speak out loud what had popped up in his head

Right after this huge war has ended, we now see YvesSaintLaurent take action, dropping from his crew, setting up and shooting at big targets.
My first thought was that the timing was dreadful. The country needs rebuilding and now it seems to crumble even further. Why would someone do this at such a moment?

JohnMytton looked around to see if anyone was listening at all, then continued

Then it struck me. If ever there would be a succesful rogueing, it would be at a time like this!
There is a vast number of potential recruits around, if ever, this would be a time to find a whole army of youngsters could be willing to give up their lifes for a bigger cause.

Oh.. To be clear, with succesful JohnMytton paused to raise his hands to made a quotationmark in the air
I mean long-lasting, eventuelly overthrowing a regime, or claiming and holding a proper city. So I do wonder..

Would a Godfather or acting Godfather ever start negotiations with a Rogue to restore peace?
When would a regime decide to do so. Or is it compelety off the charts to stick out any finger for what may be a greater cause?
My next question would be if this could be a moment where someone going Rogue could actually end up in power..
But I won't go there. As clearly, this fashion designer put more effort in the way they look than in their protection.

With that, Mad Jack stopped talking, wondering if anyone had an opinion on this matter.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
You don't negotiate with terrorists
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

A disgruntled Yves, hears his name being mentioned in the streets. He momentarily steps away from his business to quickly attend the gathering. 

"Negotiations? Don't call me out for negotiations, call your Godfathers, the people in charge out here for negotiations young man I am up for negotiations,  But there is something important. If they're a fan of Gucci then that would be a massive stumbling block"

Yves takes a deep breath... 

"No, but on a serious note, give me some moolah, and i'll step down, so money men come forth with the bags!"

Report Post Tip

JohnMytton smiles

I was neither offering negotations, nor am I wealthy, Mr YvesSaintLaurent.. But I do appreciate you taking the time to cast some insight in your line of thinking.

I meant to take it broader, and Don PiusXIII was very clear on how he sees it.

Then again, aren't we all criminals anyway?
What makes a criminal a terrorist? I am sure some past regimes have been described with the term 'terror', too..
Maybe, in some conditions, I could somehow imagine that a leader of a fragile country or city would enter negotations with said 'terrorist' to try to control some damage..
Although in the end, maybe it will never work for a rogueing 'revolutionary', as they will always be lacking the trust of the settled leadership.

Report Post Tip

Yves looks oddly at PiusXIII before continuing to speak. 

"So there, Don Pius of Philadelphia, why are you messaging me in private? Maybe you do negotiate with terrorists, or maybe, maybe you don't think I am a terrorist and indeed just a young man looking to bring back vitality to Detroit. So which one is it Pius?" 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Buck was rolling through the streets of whereverweare and looks up to see Johnmytton talking about rogues taking over the mafia. He looks up and reads his button.  Not much was making sense...

Who knows, maybe it was Buck.  He'd been known to have a few things fly over his head at times.  Sometimes he even drank a bit and his reasoning was tested.

He lit a cigar and lowered his fedora cap and walked back to his mercury to continue his adventures.  He had to go and pick up the kids.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Could a rogues end up in charge?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL