Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 02:28:04
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Splitting the Streets forum Started by: Saehrimnir on May 27, '19 12:23

Could we split the Streets in two parts perhaps?

There is so much (almost non-open) RP around, I feel it's hard to find the threads that actually are about the game..

We could have like:

- A Forum For 100% 1930's Role Play about the game (AKA Streets)

- A Forum For 100% 1930's Story-based Role Play

That would save me, personally, from having to search through all that fall in the second category to find the first.. I am interested in stories about crews setting up, discussions about pickpocketing, respect, explanations of takedowns etc.. But not so much in monologues.. But maybe that is just me!

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Ugh... I forgot to put this in:

- A Forum For 100% 1930's Role Play about the game (AKA Streets)

- A Forum For 100% 1930's Story-based Role Play (AKA Cul-de-Sacs)

Report Post Tip

Yeah I like this idea. A lot of things get missed in between the RP unless you're actively searching for it.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

+1

Report Post Tip

Yes please! 

Report Post Tip
+1
Report Post Tip
I support this idea too. +1
Report Post Tip

This is a brilliant idea!! +1

If you combine this idea with reduced credits in the Cul-de-Sac areas, I wonder if there will be the same amount of posts written..

Why are we so against RP in a RP game?
Report Post Tip

I don't think the one opening the topic meant he is against RP..

It feels like many people are writing many words because they get rewarded for it. And it's often pretty unrelated to the game itself.

I (also) feel splitting it up in two parts would increase cohesion. Now one has to go through loads of monologue stories to findthe interactive ones that have any influence on the game.

There will still be enough space for the stories as they are written now.. I personaly don't understand what you could have against it. If you like reading non-interactive stories (that is said in the rules of the Streets they are not meant to contain), there could be an extra forum for this.. Same thing, just under the title that they are not directly related to the game..

Report Post Tip

I'd prefer Tags to be a thing over splitting the forum. 

(https://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/1192659#184386715)

Report Post Tip

I'd be fine with that.. Just there is the point.. Sometimes it may be hard to use the correct label, as categories intertwine.

With just a split in 2 parts that would be easier

Report Post Tip

1000% bump +1 from me on this. I wish I could like this on facebook, maybe even heart react.

Look, RP is great, and I have nothing against it. The past year or so has seen a dramatic rise in street stories and RPs. Which is awesome, keep at it dudes.

But as a side effect it has made other threads (debates, speeches, discussions etc, actual game related threads) harder to find. There are plenty of reasons why these threads have dropped in popularity, but that's not the matter at hand. I feel like separating the forum would make it clear which posts go where and would make it much easier to find threads of their respective type.

As for tags, I think that might just exacerbate the problem honestly, and add even more clutter, unless the tags are color coded in some way.

+1 from me on this. The stories can be fantastic, but it clogs things up and causes auth threads, war explanations, city news, etc. to become a bit lost in it all.
Report Post Tip

Id agree to this. The daily workings of the mob dont have much to do with RPs. And we loose a lot of the bulletin board stuff due to the RP clog. 

+1 for me

Report Post Tip

I would like to see this, but wasn't this the concept behind the original bar forum, subsequently becoming the business district? A place where like-minded people could, for example, all go to a pub together and dance? I'm not sure when that stuff became street worthy, especially when there are literally hundreds of establishments for exactly this type of chatter. 

Regardless, if something like this was implemented I think it would require some nuance as to what falls into either category, what is actually acceptable content at all and how we, as a community actually view these things. 

A guy telling a long story unrelated to the mafia about him being a detective, regardless of whether or not it is well written, shouldn't be in the streets at all unless it is packaged in an appropriate way for a mobster to be doing the things described and it enables other people to get involved without taking a shit on it.  

Much of the streets currently require a total suspension of disbelief to even engage with the content and that is off-putting. This occurs in "debate" style threads too. There are also some "story" style threads that could be engaged with by others if they had the motivation to do so and these, if in keeping with the actions of a 1930s mobster, have every right to be in the streets.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip
Agree, but instead of splitting off another category could we not have an option when creating a thread that it would be an announcement. These could then be pinned to the top of the streets much like the pinned post that is there now or within its own section on the same page.
If its pinned within the same section, I would suggest there be a time frame set that it stays there before dropping down into the normal RP section. These announcements are generally posted by upper structure as well so in order to cut down on admin work of moving posts around that are incorrectly marked as an announcement you can restrict these to uppers only.
Hopefully this made some sort of sense....

+1

I wanna read up on MR politics, but it's hard to find among the stories.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

+1

I think its a great idea.  While RP stories are great, and I applaud those that can write a good story, I much prefer the speeches, debates, newspapers, etc.  Someone else pointed out that the streets tend to get clogged with so many stories, a lot of things get lost.  Breaking it up would allow the storytellers their own space, the ability to find things easier, and more posts will be looked at.  

+1

I think Hayley summed it up perfectly.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Splitting the Streets forum
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL