Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 18:30:32
Page:  1 
Belle Isle Started by: Exquisite on May 30, '19 19:07

Belle Isle

Belle Isle is 982-acre island park located in the Detroit River. Belle Isle is saturated with history and panoramic exquisiteness.  Belle Isle is the largest city-owned island park in the nation and is the third largest island in Detroit. It is linked to the inland of Detroit by the MacArthur Bridge.

Some of the feature attractions you can enjoy while you visit are.

Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory -Greenhouse

Belle Isle Aquarium- Oddest Aquarium in the nation

Belle Isle Aquarium Speakeasy

Dossin Great Lakes Museum- Maritime history

Belle Isle Nature Center- Zoo

The James Scott Memorial Fountain

Indian Village

The Detroit–Windsor Tunnel

Detroit Historical Society

Grand Circus Park

The Ambassador Bridge

Elmwood Cemetery

Belle Isle Boat House

Belle Isle Beach

The Belle Isle Golf Range

All kinds of food and drink vendors everywhere

Other activities are walking and running, bicycling, nature trails, golf, water sports, sports leagues, fishing, playgrounds, picnic, and rowing.

So, if you are looking for an adventure and fun come and explore Belle Isle

Near the Island is plenty of restaurants and lodging to choose from as well.

Report Post Tip

Luc walked around the Island looking at the birds and the kids at play.  He watched the young and old couples laughing and having fun as they enjoyed the day.  He looked out over the lake and could see the Canadian boarder and smiled as members of the Purple Gang walked over and greeted him.  They were there to show him there operation and explain how they bring quality Canadian booze over all year long to supply the Chicago to New York bootleggers.  Nodding at the set up he realized with their contacts and muscle he could create a great racket with his business savvy.    

Luc had posession of a few night clubs in NY and a few hotels and apartments that entertained guest looking for qaulity excitement and their product tended to enhance their fun and when the rich are happy they spend and tend to return again and again.  Luc was always thinking dollars while others grabbed the pennys.  

Report Post Tip

Luther was kicking himself. He'd always wanted to visit Belle Isle and now that he's finally capable, he forgot to bring money with him. He also didn't bring any weapons with him which would have made some hustle on the side an option if he really wanted to go. Funnily enough, the only thing he brought with him was a pair of binoculars.

"Time to look like a pervert, huh," he mumbled to himself as he sat down on a bench on the piece of land across the isle.

Considering his momentary lack of funds, he just decided to observe the isle's sights from afar. Kids enjoying cotton candy, a stunning dolphin show in the open air aquarium, and a beach whose pristine white sands weren't tainted by the multitude of beach-goers. Although he considered this similar to window shopping, he wasn't as entertained as much as he wanted to be by the view. He just stood up, placed his binoculars in his pocket, and walked away.

Report Post Tip

Marian took the evening ferry to Belle Isle. She watched the sunset from the ferry and by the time she set foot on the island it was dark. The meeting with Chad was set for 9 pm, so she had some time to kill. Belle Isle was famed for having a beautiful aquarium and that is where she headed to. Not many people were around when she walked in. Vibrantly colorful fishes were in huge tanks, some of them she was familiar with like the angel fish and Koi. She tapped on the glass of one of the fishes scaring them. Turning a corner, she was surprised to see baby hammer head sharks in a large pool. Time fleeted by as she admired the fishes. When she glanced at her watch it showed 8.30 pm.

Marian walked past the nature center zoo and over the ambassador bridge towards the deserted Elmwood Cemetery. Not a soul was in sight which was perfect. She walked over to the statue of a winged angel and waited for Chad to show up. Five minutes past 9, she saw a man walking towards her with a lit cigar. She waved a flashlight to get his attention. "Glad you could make it Chad. Sorry for having you meet here."

"Why did you pick such a remote place Marian. Has something come up?" he stood beside her and tried to catch his breath.

Marian walked towards the far end of the cemetery followed by Chad. "Yes I have some disturbing news. I heard that the South Side Misfits have started regrouping. Apparently the bosses I killed were succeeded by those next in line."

"Oh are you sure? I doubt they could get back to power in such a short time. Maybe you were misinformed Marian."

"Yes that is a possibility. Do you think they know that I was the one behind the massacre? Did they mention anything when you met up with them this Monday?" Marian sprung the question at the unsuspecting man.

"No they don't... I didn't."

"So it was true. You betrayed me Chad," Marian pulled a Colt and pointed it at Chad. She could see the fear in his eyes as he tried to deny the accusation. She pulled back the hammer and growled. "I will shoot you in the fucking head if you keep lying Chad. Tell me everything, come clean if you want to live. Did you tell them about me?"

Chad started groveling and pleading. "I'm sorry Marian, I'm so sorry. Yes they know it was you that killed their bosses. In fact it was a faction within the gang that lead you to killing their bosses for a change in guard." He kept moving backwards as Marian advanced towards him holding the gun trained on him. "I will help you get to them. I have all the names here in this book." 

Marian watched him carefully as he slid his hand in his pocket. She was quick to react, firing at him as he pulled out his service revolver. One shot was all that it took to kill him. She walked over to his corpse and searched him. He hadn't lied about the book, which she found in his other pocket. She then dragged his body towards the freshly dug hole she had prepared beforehand. Robbing graves as a goomba had given her enough experience with digging holes. She picked up the shovel and began to cover up the corpse with dirt.

Report Post Tip

Chris walked around the island looking at the kids at play.  Then he went to the petting zoo where he was scheduled to meet with Joe Miller, Irving Sharpiro leading members in the purple gang.  Chris wanted to thank them for agreeing to continue shipping product from Canada to the states.  Luc wanted to get out of the licquor business but Chris was going to hold on to it as he purchased more bars and resturants.  He also wanted to open his own distillery.  

Chris was impressed how during the winter time they drove the product across the river to save time and haul more product.  Chris agreed to support them if Al Capone decided to move against them or fire them from protecting his shipments.  Al was a bit upset because a few of his loads where hi jacked coming from New York.  Chris also had friends in the Detroit combination and they were close with Charlie and Lansky who were very close to the Lucchese's.   

He looked out over the lake at Canada smiling as members of the Purple Gang walked away.  Then Chris walked towards his car where Peanut and Peter sat waiting.  They drove off the island and over to Grosse Point to have a burger and fries. 

Report Post Tip

There wasn't much nature around these parts of town anymore -- those high buildings and fast cars on the road were quickly taking the space that used to be of forests and nature. This was especially unfortunate for Taiga because she always relied on nature to pick her back up whenever she was knocked down -- and although the ocean was her chosen safe haven, being surrounded by tall trees and vast lands also gave her a specific sense of comfort. So after a particularly long day of running all over Detroit and collecting the dues owed by small businesses to her family, she wanted to go somewhere where she could just sit down and think.

Mindlessly, she drove to the nearest sanctuary she knew -- Belle Isle. It had everything she needed, so she first took a stroll through the greenhouse and afterwards visited the aquarium. Thankfully, there was an exquisite albeit slightly overpriced speakeasy in the aquarium grounds, so she got a bottle of wine from there before going on to the main event: watching the sunset from the boathouse. She was in no mood to pull her yacht out from the marina so instead, she just got on board and sat by the upper deck, drinking wine straight from the bottle and smiling to herself. Despite the fatigue she was feeling right now, she still felt a deep sense of accomplishment because she knew her hard work was paying off -- just the night prior, her boss gave her a promotion in the family -- one she didn't see coming. It was appreciation like that and moments like this -- sipping expensive wine on the top of a yacht -- which made Taiga get up each day and work herself to the bone. "Cheers." She told herself quietly, lifting her glass to the sky before taking another sip.

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Belle Isle
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL